Sign in to follow this  
Hrw-Amen

MOC: 0-8-0 Black Steam Tender Engine

coupled_8_g.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hrw-Amen/Black/coupled_8_g.jpg

I think this is perhaps my favourite of all the steam trains I have, it certainly runs the best. It is nothing special in the greater run of real world steam trains. They were used mainly for hauling coal wagons and stuff like that.

It is powered from the tender using a normal Power Functions train motor. It uses 8 Big Bens medium wheels, two sets of drivers and two blind drivers. At first O found the set up quite stiff but now have managed to get the engine to free wheel quite well.

Anyway, here is the link:-

Brickshelf:- http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=512611

Flickr:- Coupled 8 G

Edited by TheBrickster
Image added

Nice mining train Hrw-Amen. I really like the tender.

I've added/deeplinked an image so that our EB members can better appreciate the engine & tender.

Nice mining train Hrw-Amen. I really like the tender.

I've added/deeplinked an image so that our EB members can better appreciate the engine & tender.

Thanks, I was trying to do that, but for some reason when I clicked on the add image button nothing was happening. Usually I get a little pop-up to put the code in, but it was not functioning for some reason, same with my post about the rolling stock?

Thanks, I was trying to do that, but for some reason when I clicked on the add image button nothing was happening. Usually I get a little pop-up to put the code in, but it was not functioning for some reason, same with my post about the rolling stock?

Cracking I was looking at building something just like this - it look gritty and gritty is great :-)

Fantastic classic work-horse style steam engine 'Hrw-Amen', going to build a scene or anything else around this particular engine ? :sweet:

Brick On 'Hrw-Amen' ! :classic:

Fantastic classic work-horse style steam engine 'Hrw-Amen', going to build a scene or anything else around this particular engine ? :sweet:

Brick On 'Hrw-Amen' ! :classic:

Not specific to this engine, although I am planning to build some open coal type wagons for it to pull at some point. I am also looking at ballasting some track curves as I am trying to get a wider radius curve around the outside of a normal one. Whilst I can just lay this on the floor it tends to move a little every time the train goes over it. Trouble is it uses up thousands of little 1X1 tiles doing this and takes ages to lay them all. I don't have room for a layout but hoped that having the four corners of the loop done in this way (Hopefully some straights as well eventually.) would make it quicker and easier to set up as well as make it more stable. Anyway, the point being that could make for some good scenic shots once completed.