It's strange that he doesn't come with shoulder pads, but that's an easy fix for me, I have more of those pieces than I know what to do with. Though, the figure I'm really hoping for is Dareth, he deserves it! :cry_happy:

Sorry that this is off topic, but what is that Lion-looking figure in the bottom right corner?

That's the LoC minifig.

On another note, I am interested in seeing what this Gold Ninja looks like! I don't own any Ninjago sets, but a Gold Ninja might convince me to get at least one :thumbup:

That's the LoC minifig.

On another note, I am interested in seeing what this Gold Ninja looks like! I don't own any Ninjago sets, but a Gold Ninja might convince me to get at least one :thumbup:

It's a Legends of Chima minifig :P

I wonder if the golden dragon will feature an even bigger wingspan than the Ultra Dragon. If so, it will require a new technique to incorporate all those helicopter blades.

You've pretty much said everything I wanted to. My only worry is, with the lack of spinners, there may not be a cheap way for collectors to get the ninjas. While I may get a Stone Warrior or two, primarily I am just interested in the five (six...?) ninjas due to their designs (I agree the "Kimono" look is lacking in comparison to ZX but still looks good) and weapons. Considering loose Lloyd ZX's were going for the best part of £20 before the spinner set, and the set was from being over £100 which was too much for my budge and not something I personally wanted, I am slightly worried it will be as bad, if not worse for all the characters. To be honest I'd rather have had Ninjago end at the end of 2013 after a set of waves similar to 2012 and launch Chima end of 2013/start of 2014 but it's TLG's choice at the end of the day.

I never considered the spinners a "cheap" way to get the minifigures in the first place. I buy them pretty much only when I have to. In general, I don't think it's a good idea to buy the spinner sets unless you really value the cards and spinners as well as the minifigures, because otherwise you're paying $10 for a single fig that you could (usually) get in a regular model set which will give you a much more versatile selection of bricks for your collection.

One of the first things I have done every time a new wave of Ninjago sets is revealed is worked out the least costly way to get the minifigures and must-have (for me) model contents of that wave. It got a bit iffy this year what with how many figs there were (including the spinner-exclusive NRG Ninja), but I can generally get most of the figs I want without having to get all the sets and without having to get more than a few spinner sets/booster packs.

There are definitely exceptions like Lloyd ZX and Pythor who only appear in the costliest sets of the year, and who it might make sense to buy separately even if you pay a huge surcharge that isn't getting you a good value in versatile parts. But in my case I'm as into the theme in general as the character designs, and I couldn't pass up the brilliance of the Ultra Dragon after seeing it at Toy Fair.

The new Kai minifigure does look incredible. I hope he has shoulder armor in the sets, but if not I already have extra copies of that shoulder armor. The new Ninja gear for 2013 isn't as unique as the ZX costumes but I still think it's incredible-looking, and I'm glad TLG seems to be releasing it for all five Ninja. The new costumes are reminiscent of Sensei Wu's black kimono from 2011, which I think really helps to emphasize how far the Ninja have come in their training.

On a side note, wonder if once the Ninja get these costumes in the show, there'll be a new intro. I've been quite impressed how quickly the intro has adapted each time the main cast has changed, either in group makeup or costume design. Since a lot of shows only have a new intro with every new season I'm quite grateful Wil Film has chosen to break from that trend with this 26-episode series.

I never considered the spinners a "cheap" way to get the minifigures in the first place. I buy them pretty much only when I have to. In general, I don't think it's a good idea to buy the spinner sets unless you really value the cards and spinners as well as the minifigures, because otherwise you're paying $10 for a single fig that you could (usually) get in a regular model set which will give you a much more versatile selection of bricks for your collection.

One of the first things I have done every time a new wave of Ninjago sets is revealed is worked out the least costly way to get the minifigures and must-have (for me) model contents of that wave. It got a bit iffy this year what with how many figs there were (including the spinner-exclusive NRG Ninja), but I can generally get most of the figs I want without having to get all the sets and without having to get more than a few spinner sets/booster packs. . .

I value the cards and the spinners as well, but I agree, it's certainly not a cheap way to get most minifigs. On the other hand, I do think booster packs are a pretty good deal.

And all the new suits look awesome! They seem much more like the traditional ninja suit and probaby will end up more useful, at least for me (especailly that red one! Or a golden one! That would look great!). :thumbup:

The spinners aren't necessarily a cheap way to get the figures, but if you are only collecting the figures and the sets don't have any interest and considering some of the prices on bricklink/ebay, a spinner sometimes can be the way to go. I've only acquired a few spinners last Christmas on clearance, but I like the ninja figures. I don't care for the storyline or sets though. The new kimono style figures will be must haves, but it might be hard to swing with all of the other themes coming out.

I understand what you are saying, and as I don't care for the game, normally I'd agree. However...

The spinners aren't necessarily a cheap way to get the figures, but if you are only collecting the figures and the sets don't have any interest and considering some of the prices on bricklink/ebay, a spinner sometimes can be the way to go.

TheLegoDr pretty much hit the nail on the head for my situation. I only want the ninja figures and their "weapon of choice" (which is how I view the weapons they come with in the booster/spinner sets). I'm not interested in the snake men, vehicles, arenas or anything else that comes in the set, JUST the figures of the ninjas.

Now I'd rather get them loose off eBay but considering how expensive Lloyd ZX was (around $/£20) I am a little worries about how I will handle this next year. Then again bar Aquaman from the DC superheroes, anything to do with The Man of Steel and TMNT, none of the other announced/leaked sets and waves appear to me so I will hopefully have more in my Lego budget.

Edited by pawcanada

It occurred to me that since we are apparently not getting any spinners, Kimono Lloyd probably will be exclusive to the Character Encyclopedia, or at the most occur in only one set (knowing TLG, probably the largest! - which makes me glad I got the encyclopedia). And if Lloyd will be that rare, I'm guess there will be no booster packs (like some have suggested) for the other ninja. Even just the booster packs would probably compete with Chima too much, whereas if on the other hand TLG put the ninjas in sets (and I'm wondering if there is any chance of them coming with spinners/cards in the sets?), then, sure, a few people might skip them, but enough people would probably get the sets to make it more than worthwhile.

While I'll probable get all the sets, I'm partial to the spinners, because they're quite some fun. I'm actually quite disappointed at the news that there won't be any new spinners, especially for the "Ultimate Spinjitzu Master".

Yeah, right now I'm not expecting any spinner sets next year, which will be a shame. If it weren't for Legends of Chima, we could at least be hopeful that the 2012 spinner sets and booster packs might stay on store shelves for longer, but as it is I'm not too confident in that possibility.

It's possible they might stick a spinner or two in some regular sets, but I'm doubting it considering that this year the only non-spinner sets to have spinners were dedicated arena sets.

Hopefully we will still get card-style art of the new characters and costumes, though. That's always been one of the coolest things about the Ninjago spinner sets IMO, and they have had that style art for non-spinner characters like Samukai and the Serpentine generals in the past.

I'm hoping that the largest set will feature a spinner for the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master, which is the name the last Ninjago episode.

We've already seen that.

EDIT: I´ve just got a new idea: what if the golden dragon is caused by Creation Spinjitzu energy released by Lloyd in his NRG form?

Edited by DraikNova

If they make a golden ninja, I hope they will also make a purple one.

trans-clear armor and headband would be something that is my wish ;)

What´s the use of invisible armor?

Then everyone thinks you're a vulnerable citizen. . . :laugh:

I'm thinking from the cartoons that the Gold Ninja will be Nya... "crosses fingers"

I'm hoping that part of the last wave we'll see a "Destiny Bounty" retooled to look like a pirate ship with a captain and crew.

I'm thinking from the cartoons that the Gold Ninja will be Nya... "crosses fingers"

I'm hoping that part of the last wave we'll see a "Destiny Bounty" retooled to look like a pirate ship with a captain and crew.

I wish that the Golden Ninja would be Lloyd's and Nya's son. Epic fail xDD Poor Kai.

I'm guessing it's Captain Soto :laugh:. Just joking. Anyway, it´s probably just Lloyd NRG.

Edited by DraikNova