Sign in to follow this  

Really nice work, Adho. :thumbup: This model's definitely got an Architecture feel, with the way you've used tiles to widen areas and cover up certain areas while showing a good amount of studs.

There is already a very similar project that has a lot of buzz. The large number of comments mean's it's got a permanent spot on the discover page, too.

Except that that model looks ugly compared to this one. :tongue: Hopefully this one won't get spammed by "You stole my idea!" comments on CUUSOO, like some other Jedi Temple projects did. Make sure you specify that it's an Architecture project when you upload it, Adho.

Beautiful build of the Jedi Temple, looks very accurate and clean and well thought out. The spires at the top look amazing. :thumbup: I could see this in a Star Wars Architecture line.

Simply the best Lego Jedi Temple I’ve ever seen! I’d love to see it made into a real set. Great entry!

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Really nice work, Adho. :thumbup: This model's definitely got an Architecture feel, with the way you've used tiles to widen areas and cover up certain areas while showing a good amount of studs.

Cheers, Doc. Obviously re-building all the Architecture sets as 'practice' was a good idea!

That is really beautiful!

I can see Lego do a special edition of the Architecture line with this :sweet:

Beautiful build of the Jedi Temple, looks very accurate and clean and well thought out. The spires at the top look amazing. :thumbup: I could see this in a Star Wars Architecture line.

Thanks a lot, guys! :classic:

This model is now uploaded to LEGO Cuusoo here.

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated! :sweet:

Except that that model looks ugly compared to this one. :tongue: Hopefully this one won't get spammed by "You stole my idea!" comments on CUUSOO, like some other Jedi Temple projects did. Make sure you specify that it's an Architecture project when you upload it, Adho.

:laugh: Thank you. I did see a few other Jedi Temple projects there already: mostly playsets, but there was one 'UCS' design that was about a quarter of the size. I hope it doesn't either (though I have already received links to the others, so they're obviously well known). I mentioned 'Architecture' several times in the description, so hopefully people will see it as an original idea and not a copy. :classic:

Fancy a pressie?

7971426284_bf39e227c0.jpg

ADHO15's Jedi Temple by bobsy26, on Flickr

If you want the 1440x900 original, sling me your email address and I'll send it along.

Oddly enough this was one of the quickest renders I've done. Mostly I think because the transparent pieces are so far off and small in the image they didn't dominate the render. Compared to yesterday's mini-model of the Lady Luck which took 16 hours, this was a doddle.

That's a very nice Architecture rendition of the Jedi Temple, ADHO15! Compared to the source material it looks pretty accurate, but i do think the antennae are a bit much, in my opinion they make the towers look rather top heavy. Still, i think you did a brilliant job to make such a detailed display model in this scale, i'll be definately supporting this on Cuusoo! :thumbup:

Fancy a pressie?

-img-

Oddly enough this was one of the quickest renders I've done. Mostly I think because the transparent pieces are so far off and small in the image they didn't dominate the render. Compared to yesterday's mini-model of the Lady Luck which took 16 hours, this was a doddle.

Wow, that render looks brilliant! Thank you so much, Bobsy! :sweet:

Glad it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for you.

That's a very nice Architecture rendition of the Jedi Temple, ADHO15! Compared to the source material it looks pretty accurate, but i do think the antennae are a bit much, in my opinion they make the towers look rather top heavy. Still, i think you did a brilliant job to make such a detailed display model in this scale, i'll be definately supporting this on Cuusoo! :thumbup:

About time I got a criticism. :grin: I agree with you, but that was the smallest, tightest way of making them without just having a single antennae on top, or without losing them altogether.

The shape of the spires isn't as smooth as I'd like, either. They should all get gradually bigger from base to top, but I thought it'd be good enough to just widen the base of each slightly and then use cylindrical bricks on the way up.

Thanks for your comment.

(...)

About time I got a criticism. :grin: I agree with you, but that was the smallest, tightest way of making them without just having a single antennae on top, or without losing them altogether.

The shape of the spires isn't as smooth as I'd like, either. They should all get gradually bigger from base to top, but I thought it'd be good enough to just widen the base of each slightly and then use cylindrical bricks on the way up.

Thanks for your comment.

When i look at different reference pictures, especially the ones taken directly from the movies, the antennae really are hardly noticable. Have you actually tried the spires without antennae or with just one antenna on top, to see how that looks?

I know what you mean about the shape of the spires, but that didn't remotely stand out to me as bothersome. Considering the scale in which you designed the temple, think the compromise you made is perfectly acceptable and even without the tapering the spires look just fine to me. :thumbup:

When i look at different reference pictures, especially the ones taken directly from the movies, the antennae really are hardly noticable. Have you actually tried the spires without antennae or with just one antenna on top, to see how that looks?

I know what you mean about the shape of the spires, but that didn't remotely stand out to me as bothersome. Considering the scale in which you designed the temple, think the compromise you made is perfectly acceptable and even without the tapering the spires look just fine to me. :thumbup:

I would have to disagree with you there. Although they aren't as prominent as they are on my model, they are definitely noticeable.

Adding just one antenna looks disproportionately large compared to the width of the tower, and no antennae makes the tower look bare and small, especially after already seeing it with as it is now.

Great, thanks. :classic:

An excellent render for an excellent model :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Wedge09

This model is now uploaded to LEGO Cuusoo here.

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated! :sweet:

I would add a link to this next to the image of the temple in your sig.

I've supported it :thumbup:, good luck.

I would add a link to this next to the image of the temple in your sig.

I've supported it :thumbup:, good luck.

I'm hardly posting outside of this thread, so I didn't think many people would see it, and therefore there'd be no point in doing it, but I have done now. Thanks for the advice, and the support. :classic:

Very well done. Yoda would be proud.

Haha thank you!

I would have to disagree with you there. Although they aren't as prominent as they are on my model, they are definitely noticeable.

Adding just one antenna looks disproportionately large compared to the width of the tower, and no antennae makes the tower look bare and small, especially after already seeing it with as it is now.

Great, thanks. :classic:

It never hurts to try different options to see what gives the most realistic effect. But if you think it looks better with antennae, then you definately should keep them!

I just added my support for your project on Cuusoo. Only 53 votes so far, but i hope you'll get plenty more! The render by Bobsy looks really nice and presentable, maybe you should upload that to Cuusoo to draw even more support :wink:

It never hurts to try different options to see what gives the most realistic effect. But if you think it looks better with antennae, then you definately should keep them!

I just added my support for your project on Cuusoo. Only 53 votes so far, but i hope you'll get plenty more! The render by Bobsy looks really nice and presentable, maybe you should upload that to Cuusoo to draw even more support :wink:

I do, but thanks for the help. :classic:

Thanks a lot! I added a link to the render, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to upload that too. Cheers. :sweet:

Wow. How many peices is in it? (it tells you on LDD)

See the first post:

It is comprised of 2424 parts

Really nice! The small details in this are amazing, as is the whole model! Fantastic job on this!

Thanks a lot! :classic:

Wow. How many peices is in it? (it tells you on LDD)

See the first post:

Haha thanks, Doc! I did say in the first post, but you could have always downloaded it and looked for yourself. :wink:

I saw this on Cuusoo,

I think it would be great if you hinged it so that the front opened like a cabinet to show some internal.

Not sure if your structure could support that though.

Regardless, it looks fantastic.

I saw this on Cuusoo,

I think it would be great if you hinged it so that the front opened like a cabinet to show some internal.

Not sure if your structure could support that though.

Regardless, it looks fantastic.

Well it's structured to be strong as it is, so if I was to fit hinges, I'd have to split all the way down the middle anyway, so some structural re-supporting wouldn't be a big deal. However, there is no interior, so fitting a way to open it seems a bit pointless really. I didn't want this to be a playset, so I'd rather avoid hinged sections and an interior altogether.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :classic:

Awesome looks great

Thank you. :classic:

Reminds me of the architecture series (I have a few of those). Good job dude, IMO it's even harder to create it digitally than with actual pieces.

Reminds me of the architecture series (I have a few of those). Good job dude, IMO it's even harder to create it digitally than with actual pieces.

That was the aim, so glad you like it.

I like that idea; you're right. :tongue: