Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Five

All right, I have a theory about the scum kill.

On night one, Pennie, now a confirmed townie, was given a night action result which she did not expect. She was told she targeted someone that she didn't target, but was unsuccessful. Last night, Gordon was told he successfully targeted Brigit, when he doesn't have an action.

At first I though this was a bizarre kind of Framer action, but the truth is likely to be more sinister. What made Ernie burn himself to death on night three? The answer is: the scum did. Remember Ernie was walking around 'somewhat dazed'? It appears the cowardly scum have an action whereby they can target someone to do their killing for them.

On night one, they tried to get Pennie to kill someone. They failed; it appears the target was protected. On night two there was no kill either, we can only speculate what happened there, but my guess would be that the target was protected, or possibly a conversion.

On night three the scummy bastards took control of Ernie and made him kill himself. This was a risk: if anyone had tracked the person who did this, they would have have seen this person targeting Ernie, when any other night the dastardly scum would only be seen targeting the person who was made to do the deed. So why Ernie? Because it would look like Ernie killed himself out of grief, like some kind of lover role.

Personally, I believe that Brigit was killed in order to frame two people: Gordon, who was made to do the deed, and Horace, because Brigit had accused him yesterday. Horace could be a double-bluff (but I don't think so); but I can tell you that Gordon was tracked on another night by a now confirmed townie and indeed does not have a night action.

*chomp chomp chomp*

Nobody touch that roasted rabbit. Combustion is known to be contagious.

Glad to see Casey was scum. Assuming Carly was, then there should only be 1 or 2 more scum left to sniff out.

*Snip*

Hmm...oddly, this makes some sense. So the scum can hypnotize someone to kill someone else? Diabolical. :angry: And it would be a fair trade-off, meta-wise: they'd have 2 chances to be blocked, but in exchange they can freely frame whoever they like for murder.

This doesn't leave us in a good position, suspect-wise, though. If both Gordon and Horace are framed, and the vig took out Pennie last night...I'm not quite sure where to go from here. :sceptic:

*snip*

I agree, this theory actually makes allot of sense. It would explain today’s night pictures and the “suicide.” Additionally it would explain why Gordon apparently targeted someone without having an action. I was concerned by that confession earlier.

Aww, it's the cutey scummy getting scared because I got his little friend the cat lynched, boo boo.

Seriously though, please tell me you are joking. :laugh:

Why would I be joking? Are you? :sceptic: Your entire argument against Maurice is "he switched votes!" So did Brooker, so did Pancho. There have been others past days. Unless you know something else that you're not letting on which would lead you to believe that Maurice is scum (which apparently, you do not), your argument consists of solely your dickey attitude. Furthermore you are not the one who got the cat lynched. You may have voted first yesterday, but it was really Cameroon's argument that turned the tide. Considering the evidence Cameroon has presented, and his well thought out theory, It would make more sense that you are indeed a townie rather than not, but seriously, if you're trying to make a point by chasing after Maurice like a hound dog, be more persuasive. You're reminding me of that play Excalibur 2.0.

Oh Hai there Larry the Laptop.

-snip-

That's a very sound theory. BAWK! It also leaves us with a question people are choosing not to address: where was the axe killer last night? Blocked? Or was the target protected? Or did the axe killer somehow lose their ability? It may not actively effect our lynch...

Also, Cameron, why was your analysis lacking Night 2? What do you suspect happened?

HEY! BAWK! You're the rat bird, you hear?!

Another important note: your theory clears Gordon as a townie... unless he's bluffing about being MADE to target someone, which I somehow doubt. While that doesn't make his accusations of Maurice any more legitimate - townies easily and often lead incorrect lynches - it makes my ONLY candidate for lynch Horace. Gordon and Horace were to two I planned on narrowing in on today, so that only leaves one.

And Ms. Hippo, this theory doesn't clear Horace at all. Horace never came forth claiming that he was told he targeted someone any night, if my memory serves. Surely he would have brought that to our attention, because it would have been strange. So we can assume if Horace was doing seen doing something cultisty, he was doing it of his own accord.

An interesting theory no one has brought up yet, as well: could Horace be the SK? He seems to not really care which way the vote goes... and is flying under the radar.... is it possible?

And Ms. Hippo, this theory doesn't clear Horace at all. Horace never came forth claiming that he was told he targeted someone any night, if my memory serves. Surely he would have brought that to our attention, because it would have been strange. So we can assume if Horace was doing seen doing something cultisty, he was doing it of his own accord.

I'm referring to Cameron's idea that he may be framed because Birgit was accusing him yesterday, and turned up dead today.

Personally, I believe that Brigit was killed in order to frame two people: Gordon, who was made to do the deed, and Horace, because Brigit had accused him yesterday. Horace could be a double-bluff (but I don't think so); but I can tell you that Gordon was tracked on another night by a now confirmed townie and indeed does not have a night action.

There is some logic to this, though it hinges on believing your claim that Gordon is both confirmed and doesn't have an action, two things that I can't be sure of. The one reason I might be able to accept it is the number of likely scum left. I figure they're down to 3, even if they had a conversion. If you're lying, that makes the last three you, Gordon and Horace, and it would be foolish for you to risk defending both of them so openly, all our vig would have to do is kill one and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.

Individually, most of my suspicion of Gordon came from his association with Pennie, including what appears to have been Pennie's turn against him last night, but even that never came with an accusation, just name calling. In private, he's explained things fairly well, even if I still think he should have been smart enough not to accept an unsolicited roleclaim on day 1. At the same time, my suspicion of Horace came from Brigit's comment yesterday, but reviewing her past, she never added anything helpful to any other discussion or gave any reason to believe that she had access to anything that would. If she had, would she have been so bloodthirsty for Ralphy on day 3, writing little lynch poems for her first 2 posts of that day?

For now, I'm going to accept your theory, which means we need to look at other peculiarities to explore.

That's a very sound theory. BAWK! It also leaves us with a question people are choosing not to address: where was the axe killer last night? Blocked? Or was the target protected? Or did the axe killer somehow lose their ability? It may not actively effect our lynch...

You left out a very simple and obvious possibility, maybe the serial killer targeted someone who had already been targeted by someone else. We have no way of knowing how god would make that appear, if it would appear differently at all, so maybe it's that simple. I think it's more likely that he was 'cured' when he found the target of his insanity, but that could be wishful thinking.

And now for a matter from last night. Our Mayor noticed something odd in the pictures, but the night ended before anyone could comment, so it seems worth carrying over to the day.

I don't believe anyone mentioned this in the day, but looking back I just noticed that Felix fox standing behind the fountain in one of the pictures. When we next cut back to the fountain, it looks like he's left a map behind. Can anyone make any sense out of that?

It certainly looks like a map, and it's clearly that damn fox. Perhaps Marcellus could let us try to find it in the town square?

If anyone finds a four-leaf clover while looking, it's mine! :sweet:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Farbeit from a holy man to swear, but what the megabluck? You need my permission to look around the Village Square? You have eyes. Look. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must continue to re-fireproof my clothes. :sadnew:

You're looking at this the wrong way, and in fact paraphrasing me completely wrong. I commended Maurice for, and here's the direct quote, "re-evaluating the past day's events and looking for anything that could be deemed suspicious. That's good townie behaviour. :thumbup:" That is good townie behaviour, right? Looking for suspicious activity from previous days, with the new knowledge you've gained giving you new insight? That was rhetorical, of course that's good townie behaviour. And so I commended Maurice for doing that, not for accusing me specifically like you've made out. :hmpf:

So putting aside your misinterpretation of what I said, you then rally against me for... not acting like a dick? Sheesh man, don't be so cynical. Not everyone in this village is a dick, just chill out, have a shroom. :laugh:

It doesn't really matter how you worded it, you were still praising your accuser. It just seems wierd to me that you saw Maurice's behaviour as pro-town, but everyone else seemed to think her method of accusation was suspicious.

I wish I could chill out, but you never let me have any of your shrooms. :cry_sad: Dick.

Yeah, at first, I totally thought the squabbling over Petey's overreaction to a joke was silly. Because it was. Next thing we know - oh hold on. No, it was quite a while after, not next thing. Quite a while after, a lot of people had presented convincing reasons why Petey's lynch was the logical thing to do. At this point I was convinced enough, and placed my vote - also, I wasn't sure if the non-voters would be punished in any way, so I thought it best to play that safe.

As for my change of heart, well, what can I say? On Day 1 I was sure enough in my vote, whereas yesterday I was entirely not. I wasn't convinced either way, and thought not voting was my best option then.

Well, it was the next post you made, so unfortunately we didn't get to see your thought process in between. The only reasons to lynch Petey I can find that was used was that he was too defensive and that we'd learn the most from his death. He was being accused of being too defensive early on, so that mustn't have been the reason you voted for him. The next day you didn't seem very eager to pursue anyone associated with Petey's lynch either, and admitted on day 3 that her list wasn't much help at all.

Please tell me people aren't taking this point seriously. This is just you padding out your list, isn't it? If I were scum, I wouldn't risk revealing any evil shenanigans just for the sake of a jab at God's rules. And hold on - where does it say the cultists are getting fire kills from those vials? If I recall, the fire kill came before the vial...

I just thought it was an interesting little tidbit. I've known cultists to do things like that before.

I wasn't sure what the deal was with Ernie's death, and at first I didn't think it had anything to do with the cultist kill, since a shadowed killer wasn't involved. From what Cameron's just revealed though, I guess that was just a normal cultist kill. And if Pennie reported that she had been hypnotised earlier on in this game (of life), then I guess the hypno-fire kill must've been available to them from the beginning.

I explained this already, when Maurice brought it up.

Yes, you said this:

No, I didn't really follow up on that, and that's because after looking back on it, I didn't think it was needed. I linked it because I had mentioned it the previous day and it was Petey's dying wish, but I didn't draw attention to it because I didn't think it was a major thing. Day 1 suspicions aren't much to draw on, and that's all Petey's list was.

And yet on day 1, your vote seemed to be mainly based around what we could learn from Petey's list. You seemed to think that we would learn a lot from these day 1 suspicions. I still don't understand what changed between then and now.

Oh god, all this talking makes me tired... I'll be back later... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Farbeit from a holy man to swear, but what the megabluck? You need my permission to look around the Village Square? You have eyes. Look.

No, we need your assistance to be able to see everywhere. I've obviously looked in all of the available pictures, but don't see it.

Wow, that's not a very nice attitude, I'm just trying to do what you asked us to do. :cry_sad:

Stupid monkey. You know, the FabuChinese (I think they live in a village waaaaaay down the river) warn that monkeys can be unlucky because they are charming and tell tall tales that can get you into bad situations. We're in an awfully bad situation here. Sometimes I wonder if you have a pointy hat at home, hidden in your closet. :sceptic:

mod_note_07.jpg

Mod note: :hmpf: Maybe you should try PMing the host...

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

My underpants have burned up again. Why do I even bother??? :cry_sad:

Well we're making progress at least, this is good. :sweet: I'm disappointed to see Pennie was town after how she acted throughout the last few days, but her death does offer us some insight into the people that she interacted with. The same goes for Casey now that we have confirmation of her vile deeds.

All right, I have a theory about the scum kill.

On night one, Pennie, now a confirmed townie, was given a night action result which she did not expect. She was told she targeted someone that she didn't target, but was unsuccessful. Last night, Gordon was told he successfully targeted Brigit, when he doesn't have an action.

At first I though this was a bizarre kind of Framer action, but the truth is likely to be more sinister. What made Ernie burn himself to death on night three? The answer is: the scum did. Remember Ernie was walking around 'somewhat dazed'? It appears the cowardly scum have an action whereby they can target someone to do their killing for them.

On night one, they tried to get Pennie to kill someone. They failed; it appears the target was protected. On night two there was no kill either, we can only speculate what happened there, but my guess would be that the target was protected, or possibly a conversion.

On night three the scummy bastards took control of Ernie and made him kill himself. This was a risk: if anyone had tracked the person who did this, they would have have seen this person targeting Ernie, when any other night the dastardly scum would only be seen targeting the person who was made to do the deed. So why Ernie? Because it would look like Ernie killed himself out of grief, like some kind of lover role.

*chomp chomp chomp*

Cameron I like you, you make a lot of sense. That seems like a pretty logical theory to me, although I am curious about night 2. Several people seem to believe the SK has been converted to the scum side, perhaps it happened then? That would make the most logical sense to me.

This worries me a lot as it makes tracking actions at night a whole lot harder. If we still have a tracker around I would urge you to be wary of who you've seen targeting people. An innocent looking target which didn't end with a kill could well have been one of these hijacking actions.

There is some logic to this, though it hinges on believing your claim that Gordon is both confirmed and doesn't have an action, two things that I can't be sure of. The one reason I might be able to accept it is the number of likely scum left. I figure they're down to 3, even if they had a conversion. If you're lying, that makes the last three you, Gordon and Horace, and it would be foolish for you to risk defending both of them so openly, all our vig would have to do is kill one and the whole house of cards would come tumbling down.

Yeah I can't really see Cameron defending them strongly if they are all scum, it wouldn't be very tactful at this stage. I'd also doubt it after Cameron so strongly advocated for Casey's lynch yesterday, I don't see why he would have done that if they were both on the same side.

And now for a matter from last night. Our Mayor noticed something odd in the pictures, but the night ended before anyone could comment, so it seems worth carrying over to the day.

It certainly looks like a map, and it's clearly that damn fox. Perhaps Marcellus could let us try to find it in the town square?

Is that the sort of thing you can even try to find in a Mafia game... of life? :look: If so I guess it could be interesting, maybe linked with the statue riddles or something?

I wish Becka was here... I need to have my nipples clamped so bad... :cry_sad:

Mod note: :hmpf: Maybe you should try PMing the host...

Host? I said a prayer to god and he told me, and I'm paraphrasing loosely because he doesn't like being directly quoted, "are you blind? it's gone." He's a lot like a certain monkey. :hmpf_bad:

He also called it a parchment, not a map, but it looks like a map to me in the picture. Whatever the case, I guess a parchment could be a map, or it could be some kind of evil cultist thing, especially since it seems the fox left it. I distinctly remember a play we did where the town was infested with witches but it wasn't and the local foreign merchant stocked a lot of parchment for making spells but not for making spells, but that's a witch hunt for another day. :wacko:

I don't like all this evil talk, it's bad luck, I need to find my lucky penny! *runs home to look for it*

Is that the sort of thing you can even try to find in a Mafia game... of life? :look: If so I guess it could be interesting, maybe linked with the statue riddles or something?

Ask the host! Say a prayer! You look a lot like that foreign guy from that other play. :sceptic:

Interlude

024.jpg

"Hello and welcome to the World of FABULAND Sports!" Mayor Lazlo Lion announces. "I'm here in the Village Square with my co-host, Horace Horse."

"Hello Winter Haven. Hello Lazlo," Horace says. "I've brought you a tasty mushroom, Lazlo."

"That's mighty kind of you to share, Horace," Lazlo responds, then continues: "And we're here today for an impromptu wagon race!"

025.jpg

"Teams have been randomly assigned," Lazlo explains. "And we're ready to start the race."

"The excitement is plateable," Horace says. "Seamus Sheepdog is waving the checkered thinger-mer-whatevery and the raise begins!"

"Booker Bear and Shawna Sheep are off to an early start," Lazlo announces excitedly. "ZZZZzzzzzz"

026.jpg

"Uh-oh," Horace says. "My co-host's necrophilia has kicked in again. It looks like the race is going ... forward. People are running...there's some wagons. That guy's going there and that other one is going that-a-way kind of. Oh, look a crash!"

027.jpg

"Booker Bear and Shawna Sheep have been tripped up by an obstetrician in the road," Horace explains. "They've crashed into the band stand. Somehow, a fish got in the mix. It appears that is what their wagon actually hit to cause the pileup here."

028.jpg

"Both remaining teams are rounding the Village Square statue now," Lazlo Lion wakes up and continues. "Heidi Hippo looks like she's terrified out of her wits as Edgar Elephant isn't really keeping his eye on the road."

"Here's Maurice Mouse and Mindy Mouse in one of those thingies," Horace announces. "They're going forward and making fasties. Brrrroooom VVVrrrroooooooooom, like that."

029.jpg

"Waaah!!!" Edgar Elephants cries. "Those freaky little things are getting closer!"

"Slow down!" Heidi Hippo shrieks. "The stress of this situation is triggering my herbasecarienaphobia, the fear of riding on a fast lawnmower!!"

"Ooogity-Boogity!" Maurice Mouse yells at Edgar.

"Meeeyaaaa!!" Edgar cries, "Let's get out of here!"

030.jpg

"Edgar and Heidi take a solid and sudden lead," Lazlo observes, "I can't even see them anymore. Where is the finish line?"

031.jpg

"Rut-ro," Horace says, "I knew I forgot something."

"Who are we announcing this race to, anyway?" Lazlo asks.

"Race?" Horace repeats. "You are shroomin', aren't ya?"

You may now vote. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. Whoever has the most votes will win an exciting lynch! Don't forget to play on your personality quirk in every post I would hate for someone to be lynched just because they don't follow this rule despite being fairly warned for four game days in a row.

You're trying to kill me. :cry_sad: And I think you're giving me a case of Overactive Foot Tingling Disorder. Common sources include whirring lawnmower blades 3 inches away from your feet.

Oh god, more pictures to scan furiously! I don't see anything! Anyone?

027.jpg

I hope I wasn't hurt tubaaaaaaa-d. :wacko:

I blame the concussion. Or the percussion. No, that's brass. Good thing I didn't fall on my brass. :laugh:

Just lucky it isn't the 13th. :sadnew:

I agree, this theory actually makes allot of sense. It would explain today’s night pictures and the “suicide.” Additionally it would explain why Gordon apparently targeted someone without having an action. I was concerned by that confession earlier.

Why would I be joking? Are you? :sceptic: Your entire argument against Maurice is "he switched votes!" So did Brooker, so did Pancho. There have been others past days. Unless you know something else that you're not letting on which would lead you to believe that Maurice is scum (which apparently, you do not), your argument consists of solely your dickey attitude. Furthermore you are not the one who got the cat lynched. You may have voted first yesterday, but it was really Cameroon's argument that turned the tide. Considering the evidence Cameroon has presented, and his well thought out theory, It would make more sense that you are indeed a townie rather than not, but seriously, if you're trying to make a point by chasing after Maurice like a hound dog, be more persuasive. You're reminding me of that play Excalibur 2.0.

Oh Hai there Larry the Laptop.

You are defending Maurice in the same way Casey defended herself. Trying to cry others do the same thing, (and sucky). And If I really was scum, I would give attention, make the first vote, actively lobbey against my own teammate when no one else has done anything on that day? What would I gain? Get better arguments. If Maurice is scum, so are you, and it's looking all that more likely you both are. Oh a bug, I'll take that...

Another important note: your theory clears Gordon as a townie... unless he's bluffing about being MADE to target someone, which I somehow doubt. While that doesn't make his accusations of Maurice any more legitimate - townies easily and often lead incorrect lynches - it makes my ONLY candidate for lynch Horace. Gordon and Horace were to two I planned on narrowing in on today, so that only leaves one.

Why the megabluck would you want to narrow in on me? Because you killed Pennie, knew he was town, and wanted to use that to make me suspect? The same what I said to the dumb dog goes for you, why the megabluck would you go for me, it just does not make ANY sense. Face it, I'm cleared, get over it, make a sandwhich, whatever.

Individually, most of my suspicion of Gordon came from his association with Pennie, including what appears to have been Pennie's turn against him last night, but even that never came with an accusation, just name calling. In private, he's explained things fairly well, even if I still think he should have been smart enough not to accept an unsolicited roleclaim on day 1. At the same time, my suspicion of Horace came from Brigit's comment yesterday, but reviewing her past, she never added anything helpful to any other discussion or gave any reason to believe that she had access to anything that would. If she had, would she have been so bloodthirsty for Ralphy on day 3, writing little lynch poems for her first 2 posts of that day?

Seriously, you keep saying that, but face it, Pennie was town, so I was RIGHT, and you were WRONG. I know it's hard to accept that but just forget about it. Sure roleclaims on day 1 are risky as shit, but it was true, wasn't it?

About Horace, at first I thought that we should follow Brigit, she specifically drew attention to him, and she turned out to be town. But, Maurice' comments about the situation made me shiver. Let's review what has been said. And while Lazlo Lion's list is very collective, the points he makes are not definitive and could be explained in a way that's not suspicious.

I said Maurice comment's set me off, this stands mostly alone from my accusation of him earlier. He said:

I contacted Brigit yesterday, after she accused Horace. I was curious about whether she had any more information on him, after nobody seemed to agree with me when I accused him the day before. All she told me was that she had talked with someone who had seemed certain that Horace was scum, and that there was possibly some sort of night action involved. But the way I understood her, she didn't know the details of it. I don't know who the possible informant is, or if there really was a night action involved, but I really hope that if there was, that this person can find somebody else to trust with this information. Because like you say, we can't know if the scum chose to kill Brigit to try to incriminate Horace, or to silence her (like those scary mafia gangs do in the stories of the Godmother and the eight scary dwarves... Have I told that story? Let me tell you ... blablabla ...)

Let's break this down:

You contacted Brigit "after she accused Horace", fair enough.

She told you she was "talking with someone who knew Horace was Scum". Right, so either that's true or she was that person, but why would she do it like this if she was the one with that action? I don't think that that's true. So that means the person is still out there, and he or she has not spoken up about the fact. Can we trust the result if that's true, it would mean that person is probably scum? The only other possibility is that it is herself.. but what I said earlier goes, why do it like that? It's hardly subtle. I also want to bring something else up, what if the scum are going after vanilla townies, and that's what the green vials represent? Does anyone know anything about Ernie's role, now would be a good time to say it, because it would prove the whole point against Horace moot, basically.

There was "probably a night action involved." You think? :hmpf:

No details. Fair enough.

Conjecture.

That is pretty much what I got out of what she told me. But she also said that if you were really scum, then she'd probably get killed to cut the ties between her and this informant. Well, I don't really know anymore than that she did get killed... Make of that what you want. But you can't deny that it does not look good for you.

This seems like something you'd have included in the first mention of it. But why would she even say something like that. Now it just seems like an afterthought, to make Horace seem even more suspicious. I think this comment is completely off, it's what gave me the most doubts about Horace. The last part too, it's written so you can play it off as if you did not just accuse him...

Thing is... Brigit contacted me after I called her post against Horace out for having no reasoning, after which she told me she had to see people's reactions to her accusation, and that she was sowing the seeds for something. Also that she was a messenger (not sure about the truth of that).

To sum things up, I think the Horse is being set up, but I can't know for sure. :sceptic:

Any way you turn it, I think it lays like this:

Either Horace is scum, I'm wrong about Maurice and Seamus. Some minor leads.

Horace is innocent, Maurice and Seamus are both scum. Some good other leads.

Whatever happens, Maurice and Horace can't both be scum, and I can not imagine neither being scum, so one or the other must be. I want to lynch Maurice, simply because he is in my eyes the most suspicious.

And if you still suspect me, you are really, really, really dumb. Just saying.

Oh but look at us, we're talking away.

Don't know what

else to say, but I'll say it anyway

Today's another day to find you (the scum)

Lynching away.

I'll be coming you scum, anyway

Coooome.. Aaaaat... Meee... Coooome... Meee... Aaaaat!!

You'll be gone...

In a day or two!

So needless to say,

there are a few odds and ends,

We are still stumbling away,

Slowly learning lynching's okay.

Say after me,

Maurice is a dirty scummo!!

(Chorus)

Vote: Maurice Mouse (Cecilie)

Also, assuming everyone agrees with the statement I made earlier: Horace is either innocent and Maurice and Seamus are both scum, or Horace is scum and Maurice and Seamus are both innocent, It's much smarter to lynch Maurice (Or Seamus), because:

If we lynch Horace now, say he is innocent:

We lynch Maurice day 6

We lynch Seamus day 7

If we lynch Horace now, say he is scum:

No clear lynch for the next day.

If we lynch Maurice now he is scum:

we lynch Seamus day 6

If we lynch Maurice now he is innocent

we lynch Horace day 6

See what I'm getting at?

Duh Duh, Duhduhduh Duh, Duh.

Duh Duh, Duh

Here comes Gordon singing oldies goldies,

blahblahblah is what I say,

here comes Gordon saying I catched a scummer,

Down in the Haven, trying to make them pay,

I got the action, I got the motion,

Oh yeah, the scum can't hide,

Dedication, Devotion,

Turning all the scum into a paste,

He do the song about the sweet killing scummy,

He do the song about the axe,

He do the catch, he do the catch of scum, yeah he do the catch of scuuum!

And oh, Seamus, there is a massive dung beetle on your head, mind if I eat it? :grin:

I'm still pretty confident Horace is a cultist. I'll stick to my guns on this one. ROOOOAAAAR!!! Vote: Horace Horse (iamded)

Gordon, you don't seem to have told us why you're suspicious of Maurice, aside from the fact that he switched his vote yesterday. You seem quite confident he's a cultist, but you haven't really verbalised exactly why yet.

I'd certainly like to hear from anyone else who was in contact with Brigit yesterday. Perhaps they could confirm whether or not their conversations with Brigit match with what Maurice has told us? Or better yet, what made Brigit suspicious of Horace in the first place.

Oh god, more pictures to scan furiously! I don't see anything! Anyone?

Hmm...

027.jpg

"Booker Bear and Shawna Sheep have been tripped up by an obstetrician in the road," Horace explains. "They've crashed into the band stand. Somehow, a fish got in the mix. It appears that is what their wagon actually hit to cause the pileup here."

Fishy bandwagon? Bandy wagonfish? I don't know, I'm just throwing words together. :wacko: Maybe the whole transcript is an anagram? Has anyone tried that yet? :look:

Zzzzzzzzzz...

*chomp!* Hey Gilda. :sweet:

Time to clarify something. My bestest friend Gibson had a strong suspicion of someone, and in his memory I shall pursue this. This person contacted me yesterday, and since God has forbidden the direct quoting of conversations, I am forced to paraphrase. Though I once vowed I would never do this, I've been reading Portia's Harriet Slutter books, and will present this in the form of a play. :hmpf:

Woody Woodpecker: Cameron! I need to talk to someone, and I trust you for no good reason!

Cameron: Uh, ok, hi Woody.

Woody: My gut feeling is to vote for Pennie, as we'll learn something when she shows up Town! Unless she's Janitored... :sceptic: What you said about Casey makes sense, but for some reason I cannot explain to a Townie, I can't vote for her, with the votes so close as they are. What could we learn if Casey is Town?

Cameron: I honestly think Casey is scum, and I honestly think Pennie is town. This isn't guesswork like a day one lynch, it's about catching a scum.

Woody: That's the thing - I don't think Pennie is scum, but I think we'll learn something from confirming that she's town! Unless she's Janitored... :look:

Cameron: So you think Pennie is town, but you're voting for her? If you think Pennie is town, but would still rather vote for Pennie over Casey, you must be certain about Casey's alignment.

Woody: Um... well, they're both suspicious, but I'm not confident they are scum, so I want to learn something from the lynch. Wait! Casey's about to say something!

Three minutes pass

Woody: Casey's gone away! I'm voting for Casey!

This conversation occurred at the point when there were 4 votes for Casey and 3 for Pennie: close enough for the scum to try to swing things away from Casey, but in order to do that, they would have to come out en masse which would put the entire scum team at risk, unless they could persuade townies to vote for someone else. To be able to do that would depend on the strength of conviction against Casey, and whether we had any firm evidence against her that we didn't want made public. I think this conversation was started in an attempt to gauge this strength of feeling, but instead it revealed a huge inconsistency in the logic of Woody Woodpecker. Why on earth would Woody vote for Pennie if he thought she was town? A quick backtrack followed when I pointed this out.

Now, as I said, dear Gibson had a strong suspicion of Woody as early as day two, and called Woody out on it on day three. Gibson told me that Woody contacted him on day three: a conversation which greatly amplified Gibson's suspicion. Gibson died that night. :cry_sad:

Woody's behaviour has been typically scummy throughout this game: the first time being trying to steer conversation away from discussion of the night results as early as day two, which Gordon called him out on at the time. Ooh, ooh.

In case it's not crystal clear already, and so I can provide some direct evidence, I am of course talking about Maurice Mouse.

With Casey revealed as a scummy scummy Cultist, I spent some time recalling the conversation from day one, to see who seemed to be defending Casey, and lo and behold:

I don't understand why people would want to lynch my dear wife Casey :cry_sad:. Has she not just been a good friend? I have a hard time seeing why her actions should condemn her. That said, if she really turns out to be a Cultist, I would feel very betrayed and sad, and too afraid to live with her anymore, so would have no hesitations in voting for her lynch, but as it stands, I don't see how she can be one of those evil Cultists. She is such a loving wife :cry_happy::wub:.

You can call me stupid if that makes you feel any better, I don't mind. Maybe I am stupid. Maybe you are stupid. Who knows? Fact is that we all see things differently. We all interpret what happens our own way, and we all have our own gut feelings. And you say all this, sounding like you think Petey is scummy, yet you are voting for my dear wife Casey, who I really don't see as scummy at all. Does that make you stupid? What do I know? Maybe you just see and interpret what she has said differently than me. I'm her husband after all, I'm probably biased :tongue:. And it's early in this ordeal. We have very little facts to base things on. Maybe Pennie hasn't acted very scummy, but neither has Casey or Petey in my opinion. But without voting, we're getting nowhere, and not seeing any reactions. Of those three, I currently think Pennie's behaviour is the most odd, which is why that's where my vote is right now. I could change my mind, but your tone is not the way to go about it :wink:.

All this doesn't sit well with me :sceptic:. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that this whole treesome of Casey/Petey/Pennie is really just bickering between confused and paranoid Villagers, and that the real Cultists are hiding and laughing at us for getting caught up in it. I know my vote is currently on Pennie, but I really don't know who to switch it to. The sun is setting in my part of winter haven too, so I don't have much more time to make any qualified decisions... I wish the three accusees would come and actually try to fight for their lives at least, instead of just the rest of us arguing about them.

All this is hidden in the guise of 'my dear wife Casey :cry_happy: ': but why trust your spouse? I certainly don't trust Gilda any more than to chomp on her backside. The only reason I can think of is that they are both scummy scummy Cultists.

In addition, I too am highly suspicious of this:

That is pretty much what I got out of what she told me. But she also said that if you were really scum, then she'd probably get killed to cut the ties between her and this informant. Well, I don't really know anymore than that she did get killed... Make of that what you want. But you can't deny that it does not look good for you.

If I'd been in communication with Brigit, and she had said this and then been killed, it's the first thing I'd have reported. I don't believe it; I think Maurice is inventing evidence against Horace because Brigit can no longer deny it.

Cameron, I can't find a single flaw in your analysis of Maurice. I would add his desire to immediately jump on the situation where Gordon admitted to targeting Brigit. Obviously a scum wouldn't admit such a thing, but a confused townie would. It's been the most obvious town tell he's shown in this game, so it seems pretty naive or scummy to try to use it as a way to throw suspicion at him.

Your voting style, however... :laugh:

Fishy bandwagon? Bandy wagonfish? I don't know, I'm just throwing words together. :wacko: Maybe the whole transcript is an anagram? Has anyone tried that yet? :look:

Yes, I'm sure that's it, just as the pics teach us that you and Horace are buddies sharing "shrooms." :laugh:

Now, if you don't mind, I need to go get lucky. What? Lucky is the name of my good luck bracelet, I wear it whenever I vote, hoping all this horror can end soon and we can go back to our cute, furry little lives.

Cameron, I can't find a single flaw in your analysis of Maurice. I would add his desire to immediately jump on the situation where Gordon admitted to targeting Brigit. Obviously a scum wouldn't admit such a thing, but a confused townie would. It's been the most obvious town tell he's shown in this game, so it seems pretty naive or scummy to try to use it as a way to throw suspicion at him.

Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbup:

Your voting style, however... :laugh:

Ah yes. :blush:

*chomps Shawna on the bum*

So that's what I get for slaving in the kitchen all morning, just chomping from my husband.. who openly admits that he doesn't trust me. Then again, I don't trust him either, our marriage is indeed difficult, almost as difficult as this other patient I had a while ago who'd come by more or less every day complaining about some new symptoms that surely meant she'd die any day.

That being said, I think my husband has the right idea today.

Vote: Maurice Mouse (Cecilie).

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to get back in the kitchen, smells like the cake is finished.

Why the megabluck would you want to narrow in on me? Because you killed Pennie, knew he was town, and wanted to use that to make me suspect? The same what I said to the dumb dog goes for you, why the megabluck would you go for me, it just does not make ANY sense. Face it, I'm cleared, get over it, make a sandwhich, whatever.

I said before today. I actually said, if you read more closely, that now you appear cleared, which makes my voting easier today. :wink:BAWK! No need to get your feathers all ruffled! And no, my feathers are always clean, never dirty, not like some other birds... what are you insinuating? I'm a parrot. BAWK! :hmpf:

As for the case against Maurice.... well, I don't think anyone can make the argument that you're not swinging strong today, Cameron. It's funny, I was suspect of you early on, but now you seem to be the towniest of the town... assuming that you do end up being town, and not some super smart and confusing scum... not likely, but never discount a BAWK! theory. Though I admit it's extremely unlikely, especially considering that you've voted very early on all days, which scum are not likely to do.

I hope we're doing the right thing. I most certainly don't think Horace should be taken off the table as a candidate in the following days. Vote: Maurice Mouse (Cecile).

Hm, I'm sort of not sure I understand why I'm so damn scummy :sceptic:. But I can see that I've clearly made a mess of things by just being me. I'd like to clear a few things up:

- Everything I've said about my conversation with Brigit is true.

- What Gordon said about Brigit talking about planting seeds and all that, she also said to me, but I didn't feel it was important to bring up.

- I didn't bring up that Brigit said she would probably be killed if Horace was scum because it had already sort of been brought up that even if it's a possibility the Cultists would want to cut out Brigit because she accused him, it could also be a plot to frame Horace. I eventually brought it up, because I figured it'd be best to be complete about what I was told.

- I'm a bit confused about Gordon's wording about me presenting Brigit's words. Did you mean I conjectured, or that Brigit did? I only reported as accurately as I could what she told me. And I said "possibly" not "probably", you should really learn to read :hmpf:.

- What Cameron reported about my conversation with him sounds pretty much right. But it comes off very weird reported like this.

- I never said I trusted him, but that he seemed to make sense, and I wanted someone who appeared townie to talk to.

- I was really confused about where my vote should go. I may have worded myself poorly, but the thing is that I initially didn't really find either Pennie or Casey any more suspicious than the other, and I first thought we could learn more from lynching Pennie over Casey, in the scenario where BOTH were town.

- I talked to Cameron, and even if our conversation must have seemed very odd to him, it helped me clear my mind and push Casey over Pennie in terms of suspiousness in my mind. Therefore, I figured it would be better to vote for Casey over Pennie, hoping that Casey really was a scum. This is the problem about being a vanilla townie. I have no evidence, nothing. I'm totally clueless, and can only base my decisions on what everyone says. If I was scum, I would have know the truth, and I would have acted way more composed. Seriously. You guys don't know me very well if you think I'd run around all confused if I was sitting there with all the facts.

- I see I'm being called out for defending Casey early in the game. But that was due to Casey being my wife, and I acted like it. I wasn't very suspicious of her either, so figured it wouldn't hurt to show my affection for her. Clearly, that was a mistake :hmpf:.

- If you think you'll learn a lot by lynching me, then by all means, lynch me. But please only do so if you'll really catch some scum from getting a town result on me, because that's what I am. I've been trying hard to do whatever I can as a vanilla townie since the beginning, but it seems a lot of you don't think I've done a very good job :cry_sad:

- It seems the consensus is that if I'm town, then Horace is scum. Well, if I am to believe that, then Horace is scum, so I'll Vote: Horace Horse (iamded)

Did I forget to address anything now?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to go tell myself a story about a sad little mouse called Milly Mouse who was bullied in school, even if all she did was try to help her friends... *squeak*

vote tally

Maurice Mouse (Cecilie): 5 votes (Scubacarrot, Shadows, Rufus, Quarryman, Zepher)

Horace Horse (iamded): 2 votes (TinyPiesRUs, Cecilie)