Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Fellow Canadian LOTR fans!! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

Warner Brother's online merch shop now sells LOTR sets (minus Orc Forge) at USA MSRP price and apparently ships to Canada - you know what that means!!! I haven't tried ordering yet (I'm in the process of moving) and already have all the sets but I will definitely get my 2nd Uruk Hai army set from them if they do indeed ship to Canada.

Anyone care to try it out?

http://www.wbshop.com

Shipping will cost you (I believe) flat rate of $15 plus any customs and duty fees.

EDIT: Added all of the LoTR sets into my cart and tried to checkout. The shipping is $15 no matter how much you order plus tax. So yea, they do ship to Canada with US MSRP. :)

EDIT 2: Enter DEALS10 for $10 off your order. So basically $5 shipping.

Edited by Legobrandon

If anyone is into Bionicles and near the Mississauga area, Value Village had a bunch for $1.99 each. The store is located at Hurontario St. and Bristol Rd. Happy Hunting!

To anyone who's interested, the Fairview store had the Friends Advent calendars in stock. They had a very limited quantity and were expecting to sell out in a couple weeks. Apparently there were only 1200 or 1500 available to all of Canada.

On another note...got my Series 8 CMF's...except for the Thespian...grrrrr...anybody got a spare for a trade?

To anyone who's interested, the Fairview store had the Friends Advent calendars in stock. They had a very limited quantity and were expecting to sell out in a couple weeks. Apparently there were only 1200 or 1500 available to all of Canada.

On that note, I found the City advent calenders at Costco for $28. They also had the Ewok Attack, and Sith Nightspeeder for $28.

Edited by MacK

I might go grab one of these. What was the price? $39.99?

On that note, I found the City advent calenders at Costco for $28. They also had the Ewok Attack, and Sith Nightspeeder for $28.

Thanks for the tip. I was really on the fence about the Advent Calendar this year, because it's definitely an off-theme year [like last year, which I can handle now and then, but maybe not two years in a row] and the cost felt high for a set I wasn't in love with, but at that cost the Adventy thrill is definitely worth the fee. Got the folks with the Costco card to pick me up one. They make my November fun! [Yeah, I open them a month early... I'm eager.]

But do I want the Friends one? Ehh... And I don't wanna pay for the SW one, but that RT Snowman is so good. Just not 50 bucks good.

I might go grab one of these. What was the price? $39.99?

$39 or $39.99...can't remember. I did just pick up the City Advent at Costco...great deal.

I don't know if anyone who's been to Fairview recently noticed whether they had the new Lloyd ZX spinners up?

I don't know if anyone who's been to Fairview recently noticed whether they had the new Lloyd ZX spinners up?

I believe they're sold out.

I believe they're sold out.

That's discouraging. :/

Thanks for letting me know, I'll go maybe a few weeks later and hopefully they'll have it back in stock.

Hey guys,

Just sharing something cool I noticed in the recent Lego Club Magazine:

There's going to be a Toys R Us Minifigure exchange on October 13 & 14.

Check out my scan of the page (look at top left). And the logo says Toys R Us Canada, so this should be a Canadian thing that's going on :)

I don't want to embed a large picture in the forum, so here's the link: http://i45.tinypic.com/152m80w.jpg

Hey guys, this might seem like a pretty zany request, but is anyone in here who's in the GTA planning on making an online purchase from the shop.LEGO some time soon? Turns out I need a cable [8886] but I don't think I'll be buying anything off the site for a while, and, you know, shipping being what it is, it looks like I'll have to be cableless for some time.

So yeah, I figured if anyone here's making a buy [for the free shipping] I could piggy-back on and then meet up at some point to reimburse you the 5 or whatever dollars it'd cost.

Unless, of course, someone knows of a store in the area that carries these things [or perhaps has one they no longer want]. Or some other, better option?

Hey guys, this might seem like a pretty zany request, but is anyone in here who's in the GTA planning on making an online purchase from the shop.LEGO some time soon? Turns out I need a cable [8886] but I don't think I'll be buying anything off the site for a while, and, you know, shipping being what it is, it looks like I'll have to be cableless for some time.

So yeah, I figured if anyone here's making a buy [for the free shipping] I could piggy-back on and then meet up at some point to reimburse you the 5 or whatever dollars it'd cost.

Unless, of course, someone knows of a store in the area that carries these things [or perhaps has one they no longer want]. Or some other, better option?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you go to a Lego store, and they don't have an item in stock; they will ship it to your house with free shipping.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you go to a Lego store, and they don't have an item in stock; they will ship it to your house with free shipping.

Only if it's an item they regularly carry. Power Functions and Mindstorms parts, as an example, will not recieve free shipping since they're not carried day to day in the stores.

Some interesting PAB parts at the Fairview store - 6x16 DBG plates, technic type 2 turntables, and some 2x12 LBG plates. I updated the Brickbuildr PAB wall.

On another note...I spent some time selecting my Series 8 CMF's but was unable to get the Leiderhosen guy after much determination. Stopping into TRU...the first Series 8 bag I grabbed had what I was looking for. It was a good karma day!

So here's my whole Heroica story:

I originally wanted to get the whole line, back when it was first announced, because I loved the idea of LEGO games. Then some time passed, and I got some of the other games, and seeing the cost on the Heroica sets and weighing it against the fun I had with the games I'd gotten [which, sadly, wasn't terribly high most of the time] I went with a pass on them. And then I saw Nathuz at Value Village for, like, 2 bucks, only missing [as far as I can tell] one torch and the build instructions. And then I got the castle on sale at Walmart. And they sat there for a bit, and I was toying with keeping them together or busting them for parts.

And then I finally played it, and man, it's a fun game! I got very into it, very quickly. It seems now that, happenstancially, Chapters is liquidating the games, so with some judicious shopping I got Waldurk for about 10 bucks and had Draida given to me as a gift. And then I bought Ilrion, just 'cause. So I went a little Heroica mad, but I'm sad now that I'm late to the party. This is a long lead-in for a simple question, but basically, did anyone around here happen to get an extra Ganrash from Toys R Us at some point in the past few weeks? I'd love to have the game fully-full. It's an extra burn because yesterday when I was getting Ilrion, the RY had the "buy a game, get a Ganrash" sign up still, but the guy checked the back and they were all gone, apparently.

Anyone have any local [Toronto] leads? Thanks, dudes.

Is anyone else finding it strange that EB Games doesn't have the LEGO LOTR Elrond offer available yet while the US and other places have it? I really want to pre-order the game, but I also want to get the free Elrond fig really badly. Has anyone heard when we may be getting the offer available here?

Is anyone else finding it strange that EB Games doesn't have the LEGO LOTR Elrond offer available yet while the US and other places have it? I really want to pre-order the game, but I also want to get the free Elrond fig really badly. Has anyone heard when we may be getting the offer available here?

Not a clue. I'll have to keep an eye on the Gamestop near me

I hope you're right...I really want Elrond.

You can pre-order from TRU in person, they are advertising the Elrond figure on a poster in-store. Haven't seen it on their website yet.

Also to IAmWillGibson, the TRU in Burlington (Dundas St) had a fair number of the Heroica Ganrash bags out in the racks.

Edited by Hodge

Also to IAmWillGibson, the TRU in Burlington (Dundas St) had a fair number of the Heroica Ganrash bags out in the racks.

Ach! Get one! I'm totally good for it! 'Cause I dunno the next time I'll be in Burlington, and the two TRUs near me have nothin' whatsoever.