Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG- Quest # 47: The Joust

So much nice armor, what a pity I can't afford it. Sorrow, perhaps you should sell your Longsword to 'Sarge' for 25 gold now, sell your scythe and still buy the armor.

68 Gold + 15 gold(selling scythe)+ 10 Gold (selling to Sarge)+ 15 gold from Sarge from selling his knife= 108 gold. Works out the exact same, but 'Sarge' gets a better weapon.

Shopping is a serious business, you know.

Edited by Costy

So much nice armor, what a pity I can't afford it. Sorrow, perhaps you should sell your Longsword to 'Sarge' for 25 gold now, sell your scythe and still buy the armor.

68 Gold + 15 gold(selling scythe)+ 10 Gold (selling to Sarge)+ 15 gold from Sarge from selling his knife= 108 gold. Works out the exact same, but 'Sarge' gets a better weapon.

Shopping is a serious business, you know.

"I like your thinking Icicle! Yes, I shall sell my knife for 5 gold. I have ten gold so that would be...." Sarge calculates slowly " 15 gold to buy the Skeleton's sword! And then he can buy his armour." Sarge gives his knife to the armourer, who gives him 5 gold. He waits for sorrow to comfirn the sale of His sword to Sarge.

"I think we should go find the venom now?"

Edited by Skyrimguy

"I like your thinking Icicle! Yes, I shall sell my knife for 5 gold. I have ten gold so that would be...." Sarge calculates slowly " 15 gold to buy the Skeleton's sword! And then he can buy his armour." Sarge gives his knife to the armourer, who gives him 5 gold. He waits for sorrow to comfirn the sale of His sword to Sarge.

"I think we should go find the venom now?"

You should get 15 gold for selling your dagger, plus your 10 gold to buy Sorrows sword.

You should get 15 gold for selling your dagger, plus your 10 gold to buy Sorrows sword.

"15!?! I should have sold this ages ago!" Sarges mood instantly lightens up, happy with a good sale

" So after skeleman buys his disguise where to next? The inn know alot about poisons, seeing as they serve them, HA! I need some mead. They say that the mead here is GOOD! Do you know about mead?"

Edited by Skyrimguy

" So after skeleman buys his disguise where to next?"

Perhaps the markets, they are sure to have good deals there. Unless you have a better idea?

Perhaps the markets, they are sure to have good deals there. Unless you have a better idea?

Sarge's shoulders drop, his good mood gone. "What can we get at the market? A baguette to hit cruise with? Trust me on this. There will ALWAYS be a dodgy vendor at the Tavern. I'd know. Good way to sell things after a battle that you've looted from the dead.

I'd have half a mind to think that Croissant doesn't like venoms or poisons. I'd say dodgy inn guy over market salesman. Do you know how much HAGGLING is involved in the market? I say Inn ." :devil:

Sarge's shoulders drop, his good mood gone. "What can we get at the market? A baguette to hit cruise with? Trust me on this. There will ALWAYS be a dodgy vendor at the Tavern. I'd know. Good way to sell things after a battle that you've looted from the dead.

I'd have half a mind to think that Croissant doesn't like venoms or poisons. I'd say dodgy inn guy over market salesman. Do you know how much HAGGLING is involved in the market? I say Inn ." :devil:

Looks like our beloved party leader gets to decide than.

Looks like our beloved party leader gets to decide than.

Sarge laughs "Look at us!" :laugh: "Bickering like youths. We need to stop arguing or nothing is going to get done!" :laugh:

Alright then Yeti. Market THEN tavern. I needs me a mead.

Just one? Pathetic human.

Just one? Pathetic human.

"'ts not pathetic. You are a yeti, I am an old man. As a young'n I'd down all the meads that there was. But now I'm old, I can't take more than one at a time." Sarge goes deathly quiet... He grits his teeth, many of them are made of gold, he clenches his fists, and goes very pale, He looks like a zombie almost. If it were not for his beard, he might have been...

Edited by Skyrimguy

i stop Mcency from handing the armorer his weapon.

"Slow down. If we find that venom, we get 15% off everyting, remember? We'll keep all transactions on hold for now.

But I agree, the marketplace sounds like a good place to go next."

You travel to the market, conveniently by the inn. You see other jousters purchase items and prepare for the joust. The stall is run by a Croise guard. Would you like to talk to anyone? Or go straight to the stall? Also, is that someone familiar in the background Sorrow??

market.jpg

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"If we're gonna win the joust we'll need gear and for gear we need money. I have heard that they play blackjack at the inn? I see steeljaw or metaltooth over there. Is it him? Or do my eyes mistake me?"

Edited by Skyrimguy

"But how can we get rid of that queue? Nagure, your size could scare some of those customers away. And I started off as a drill Sergeant. I can shout them away. Thoughts?"

"Blasted fog... Can't see a thing." I go and talk to the heavily armored gentleman.

"With all that armor I'll bet we'll be crossing lances in the joust, huh?"

"Blasted fog... Can't see a thing." I go and talk to the heavily armored gentleman.

"With all that armor I'll bet we'll be crossing lances in the joust, huh?"

carlos.png

"Bonjour. I am Carlos. What iz your name? Indeed, I am jousting. What do you think of this Fantome person?"

carlos.png

"Bonjour. I am Carlos. What iz your name? Indeed, I am jousting. What do you think of this Fantome person?"

"Eh. His perfect world views are a bit far-fetched in my mind, but he seems to be a good fighter. I heard his laugh can kill."

Keeping a straight face while saying this is surprisingly tough.

"Name's Sorrow."

"Eh. His perfect world views are a bit far-fetched in my mind, but he seems to be a good fighter. I heard his laugh can kill."

Keeping a straight face while saying this is surprisingly tough.

"Name's Sorrow."

carlos.png

"Ah. The deathtoll in this town is rising. Not from criminals. No. It's the guards. They kill people who's rudeness 'breaks the flow.' There's some group called "The Fraternity" organizing with me against the Croise's. Another jouster, Daniel, is also with us. His fiance was beheaded in the dreaded tower. We meet at the church."

carlos.png

"Ah. The deathtoll in this town is rising. Not from criminals. No. It's the guards. They kill people who's rudeness 'breaks the flow.' There's some group called "The Fraternity" organizing with me against the Croise's. Another jouster, Daniel, is also with us. His fiance was beheaded in the dreaded tower. We meet at the church."

"I've... visited... this town before. Was the fiance named Kathleen, any chance?"

"I've... visited... this town before. Was the fiance named Kathleen, any chance?"

carlos.png

"Yes, it was."

carlos.png

"Yes, it was."

"...Why must my life (or lack thereof) suck?"

I lean in closer and lower my voice to a nearly inaudible whisper.

"The 'three hooligans' that ticked off the Fantome? You're looking at one. We were raiding the tower and got to the Fantome's chambers. The other two faltered, and gave in to the Fantome's temptations. They beheaded Kathleen personally, and I retreated and hitched a ride on a carnival boat. Those two with me are clueless about it, though. One of my former associate's is running around trying to find some doctor, and the other is in some hunting field or something.

Need any more recruits? You have my service. I have unfinished business with the Fantome, and this Joust is leaving him completely vulnerable."

carlos.png

*huh* *huh* *huh*

*huh*

"Iv what you say is true, finish your tasks, and head to the church to see our organizer, Jonothan."

carlos.png

*huh* *huh* *huh*

*huh*

"Iv what you say is true, finish your tasks, and head to the church to see our organizer, Jonothan."

"...Who also probably remembers me, being our informant during the siege and the one who dragged us here. Very well."

I approach the mismatched guard.

"How are you? Forgive me for being daft, but I can't tell if you are a Charis or Croise guard. :blush: The helmet is throwing me off."

The knight jumps up and answers in a very high-pitched voice.

dalbert.png

"Oh! Hello. Greetings, I am D'Albret. I am in the joust."

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul