I Scream Clone

Nocturnus Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Angeli can you make room in your PM inbox, I am trying to PM you.

wow, I've just seen this, give me a minute ;)

Edit: Done

--

And if this is about those assassins, Drow had nothing to do with that :devil:

And if this is about you going to pension and need someone to rule the guild, we would rather take it by force, but ooooooookey, we will do it, but you own us a favor :)

...and if this is about those slaves that we were selling last week on the Abissian market, well, that is the right price, they said they had a semester in Petraea University, and that is no small matter, so... price goes up :)

Edited by Angeli

Here's a little teaser as to how the army from the Dragonpeaks looks like:

7931198050_fc045dba58_m.jpg

More to come when the batteries of my camera aren't all empty anymore :hmpf_bad: (i.e. tomorrow)

I must say, I love with this castle mentioned in this thread and I watch it every day, planning how it could be build, or something similar

My next build should have been a mushroom type rock with a castle on it, and a lot of waterfalls going down. But that can wait :) This castle is so beautiful, that it must exist in Lego form :)

It would fit perfectly with Celestials story, but that is not important ;) Oh I want it built :) All I need now are white bricks, I was thinking about making it "white inside a red" type of buildings, but with that it would seem smaller, because of the two colors (with one, you could actually imagine that the building blocks are smaller). What do you think?

White_Tower_by_SnowSkadi.jpg

I have 12,000 1x2 white bricks. Maybe I should bring this castle to life...

12,000? Holy Megabloks! Jeez, I thought I had a reasonably good sized LEGO collection, but that blows it away. I just checked -- I have 170 white 1x2s, and 1902 total 1x2s. I'm guessing you must have really loaded up at the PAB wall or done some major LUGBulk orders...

BTW, what (if anything) does everyone use for tracking your inventory? I put my sets into brickset.com, and then export them to basebrick.com, where I also upload my BrickLink orders and PAB cup hauls. So I have a full set and parts inventory on BaseBrick. It's a bit anal, but I find it very handy when I go to the PAB wall and I'm wondering if I really need a part they have there. Plus BaseBrick will tell you what pieces you're missing from an LDD design. And then I can export to Rebrickable, and it will tell me what sets I can build.

12,000? Holy Megabloks! Jeez, I thought I had a reasonably good sized LEGO collection, but that blows it away. I just checked -- I have 170 white 1x2s, and 1902 total 1x2s.

You should have seen the MOC they were in. It was a massive white castle surrounded by a circle wall made of white 1x2 bricks. There were so many he literally could bend the wall into a circle.

As you can see, I am still memorized by that Brickworld MOC, Hyler.

You should have seen the MOC they were in. It was a massive white castle surrounded by a circle wall made of white 1x2 bricks. There were so many he literally could bend the wall into a circle.

As you can see, I am still memorized by that Brickworld MOC, Hyler.

I saw a few photos of that, it is impressive. my collection of 2 x 1 (in all colors) is about 200 default_satisfied.gif

@Angeli:

If you're going to build this city then I agree that doing it almost completely in white, trans-clear and maybe some medium blue will have the best affect at creating the illusion that it's even bigger than the already enormous size it'll already have :classic:

Regarding 1x2 bricks, I just looked and according to Peeron I own 987, 130 of them being white.

That aside, here are the troops that call the Dragonpeaks their home and which, from now on, will help Lord Ssilyrrlith to further the nocturnian cause:

7942145912_7855be84d3_c.jpg

Lord Thror III surrounded by his loyal generals. From left to right:

Brglobsn, General of the Monstersquad. Kirzigor, Masterspy and Assasin. Solubran, General of the Infantry. Mablung, Commander of the archery units. Lord Thror III himself, Head of all armed forces. Maluradek, Archmage and Leader of the Wizards. Thoragvil, eldest son of Thror III and General of the Dragonriders. Argavius, Flagbearer and General of the guards of the Palace. Lady Maya, eldest daughter of Lord Thror III and de-facto leader of the SoGaG.

The pipsqueak in front is Thimeras, the fourth grandson of Thror III.

7942153570_2f2638c305_c.jpg

The Assasin Squad, led by Kirzigor. Yes, not a single one of them is human and those yellow hands actually are gloves made out of the hands of their victims.

Weapon of choice: a single large Katana

7942154354_62563dccf0_c.jpg

The Dragonriders, led by Thoragvil, along with their squires.

Weapons of choice: long lance and throwing spears if mounted, long sword and tower shield if on feet

7942165898_bfe041a0fb_c.jpg

The Guard of the Palace, led by Argavius and his three younger brothers.

Weapon of choice: Large halberd and tower shield

7942156262_d5f0621ebc_c.jpg

Solubran with his commanders of the infantry units. From left to right:

Northred, commander of the light infantry. Sekrim, commander of the armored knights. Threb, commander of the pike- and axemen. Jhargil, commander of the halberdiers.

7942169066_eca0010696_c.jpg

The heavily armored knights, being the largest uniform unit always under arms.

Weapons of choice: Longsword or war axe with breastplates and round or triangular shields.

7942155370_85e20e908e_c.jpg

The halberdiers, an auxilliary unit under the command of Jhargil.

Weapons of choice: Large halberd as primary weapon, cutlass for close-quarters combat.

7942158104_024a06d4ba_c.jpg

Pike- and Axemen, led by Threb.

Weapons of choice: Pike or double-headed greataxe, dagger for self-defense

7942159190_729ab9b73e_c.jpg

The light infantry, feared for their infamous bloodlust. Despite being a rather small unit, they regularely claim the award for the largest number of slain enemies. Bearing little to no armour, they usually are the first to enter combat, but being a member of this unit usually means that ones life won't be all that long.

Weapons of choice: Broadsword and waraxe.

7942167224_f30b19c57a_c.jpg

The archery unit, commanded by Mablung and his two formerly avalonian rangers.

Weapon of choice: Crossbow

7942160966_da1d5c6ffb_c.jpg

The order of arcane mages, led by Maluradek.

7942164016_35debc6339_c.jpg

Last but certainly not least, the Monstersquad led by Brglobsn. Notable for being the unit with the most diverse members, it includes all types of armed forces.

Weapons of choice: Varying

Not yet pictured are the artillery and the dragons themselves (because both first need to be built :laugh:) Counting the Sisterhood of Gloom and Glory as well, the armed forces number in at 142 men, women and monsters.

Edited by Abu Dun

12,000? Holy Megabloks! Jeez, I thought I had a reasonably good sized LEGO collection, but that blows it away. I just checked -- I have 170 white 1x2s, and 1902 total 1x2s. I'm guessing you must have really loaded up at the PAB wall or done some major LUGBulk orders...

That's the only color that I have that many in though, from the project mentioned above. I just wish that they were in light bley so I could make one epic castle. The majority of the bricks came from PAB cases bought directly from the store.

Abu Dhun: impressive army you get there!!

But I got a question for you: do I may inco-operate the history of your people into the history of my 5th Guild?

I wrote the big lines of the history already a few days after the announcement (of the challenge) in the GoH Wikia : Drakrydar (link to wikia) & official announcement of Drakrydar (link). And to be honest, I was quite surprised when you declared your allegiance to Nocturnus and also made something with dragons...

I am quite sure this was just a coincidence and instead of making this a boring discussion, I prefer to simply use your story and put it into the history of Drakrydar :classic:

Ok, here is my preview of my challenge V entry:

Guild name: Gascar – The beginning of Nocturnus, where the evil starts.

Lord Ssilyrrlith was a renegade from Gascar, who settle to the borders of Historica and serves now under the high King of Historica. Gascar is independent from the other Guilds. The Drow wants to do the same with Nocturnus, but it seems that this will not happened.

Guild location: Behind the Eastern Darklands, far away from Historica.

Capitol: Muracar is the capitol of Gascar and is made with hundreds of bones and is built in the higher Mountains.

lichking842screen.jpg

picture from World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King

Unique characteristics: The undead inhabitants of Gascar, resists the four Elements (Water, Fire, Air and Earth).

Color Scheme: Black and Blue

Leader: Lich King Xeron (PHOTO)

800pxlichking1coverartw.jpg

picture from World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King

20x20 vignette showing the desolation of Gascar.

Ok, my BL order received with my last missing parts :sweet:

Maybe I can present this evening my 5th Guild :devil:

gascar.jpg

For tracking my bricks I am using program BrickStore (found it on net somewhere:); I have a folder "Lego catalog" and inside few files, named: "brick, brick arch, panel, plate, sparkly (heh, for trans:), slope, mix etc fro the purpose of clarity. I am very pleased with this system

Thanks a lot for the thumbs up :classic:

@DaMaximus:

If I had had all of the figs and accessoires at hand when GoH started, I would have joined right away and with pretty much the same background story as well. So it's indeed just a coincidence that my people and your Drakyadar have so much in common.

But yes, you can use everything you like for your 5th guild. I can easily imagine that the subjects of Thror are but one small fraction of a much larger people that, as described, fled some unknown terror, whereas the majority either arrived at other places or staid at their original home. So feel free to go all out and maybe, if your idea gets chosen, possible future dealings between the two can take place :classic:

Edit says that I should put a link to my first contribution in here:

Enemies of the Past ... Allies of the Future!?

Edited by Abu Dun

I'm thinking of entering the Fifth Guild contest. I've got a good idea and creation up on my flickr (Link bellow), and I wanted to see if any Nocturnus member would want to see and comment on it before I post it. I've been fairly inactive here--due to college starting again--but hopefully this guild will do the trick and get me active here! I'm also looking into changing the look of my character. Anyways if you want to check out Gomoria now, here the link:

Gomoria, Land of the Giants

I think it's pretty unique. I should be ready to post it tomorrow (So I guess you could just look at it then...but I do want to see if people like it...though I guess I could have just waited until I posted it...whatever).

Nice integration Angeli, looks like you are already on the right track with an old build.

Just remember people we want to see new builds, that way weare continuing to challenge you all to build and improve.

Hopefully we get more than two entries this time around to show those other fancy pants guilds what we are made of!

Yes, yes, this was just a happy coincidence :) I've remembered this moc, and it had some of the elements ;) It was disassembled a long time ago, I've disassemble all of my moc before making another one, only thin still alive is fifth guild and mosaic for fire and ice temple (that will not survive long:))

Yes, yes, this was just a happy coincidence :) I've remembered this moc, and it had some of the elements ;) It was disassembled a long time ago, I've disassemble all of my moc before making another one, only thin still alive is fifth guild and mosaic for fire and ice temple (that will not survive long:))

Haha, When I build a MOC, which usually takes 1 - 3 days, I will photograph them the moment I finish them, Destroy them the moment I have photographed them, and then start something else. half the creations I make don't end up on the forums, even though some of the ones that aren't here are better than some that are.

Your old MOC is really fitting in this challenge, great work!

Hopefully we get more than two entries this time around to show those other fancy pants guilds what we are made of!

I think, I'm again already off at this challenge. 80% of my bricks are in use with my other theme :sceptic:

But here is my finished entry for this mini chellange:

5th Guild - Gascar

Few days ago Drow and Nocturnus got a new ally: gigantic beast came totally disoriented from hilltops of Rakhatk Mountain, and you could see with first glimpse that it is just a cup, with just a month or more. But she (yes, it was a she:) was fearsome; she traveled a lot, lost her mother somewhere outside the lands of Historica, she was all alone, but not scared, she was weary of travels, skinny and dirty, with a scar over the left eye, out of the fight with a black dragon. But, when she laid her eyes on a Drow raiding party and Drow did not run, it was a love at first sight.

Animal handler fixed her eye, gave her medicine and magic water to wash it, a rosfrai (a metal from deep dwarwen mines:) bowl and a beach with a lot of sand to do, you know what ;)

And girl from Avalonia who had a Drow lover called Gilence was just passing trough Nocturnus named her: "Marica" :) Ivica and Marica are equivalent of Hansel and Gretel in our language

Any how, after Drow fed her with a big whale, she was so thankful that she agreed to help with construction of the next Drow city ;) Her you can see her making adjustments of the mosaic floor :)

"this needs a little push" it really does, good eye ;)

help-01.jpg

"yup, this is just the right size" construction detail ;)

help-02.jpg

"this stud is loose, let me fix this for you..." Building and enjoing :)

help-03.jpg

She is keeping Drow awake during the night and wont sleep on her place (some other guild member with similar beast could give few points and Drow would be SO thankful:))), she has the softest voice and love to cuddle more then any other creature in Nocturnus (heh, not much of a competition:)), and when one of the Drow warriors was cut (during the fight with smaller elemental:), she came and licked his wound :)

"I am pleased with it for now" - resting after the hard work :)

help-04.jpg

It seems, that Nocturnus has more of those beasts :laugh:

<image>

That's one good looking monster!

Can't find that one on BrickLink however :laugh:

Fine... this challenge does interest me more than the previous couple so I will be partaking (after AMRA :wink: ) !!

Is the 52x52 size a total stud count (2704); i.e. can I make a 40x60 entry?

Dr Rod

Angeli....best advice on that 'beast' is that they have a mind of their own and will sleep where they please :wink:

Best advice....be careful with minifigs holding swords. My 'beast' for some reason likes to chew on those swords if I am not careful and they do not stand up well to the vicious fangs of a feline!