Chols

They call him Ol' Dusty

7768038786_0dd71a29cd.jpg

When I was at BrickFair, I chanced upon a vendor selling Throwbots and Robo Riders in great condition, so I decided to pick up #8513 Dust. Great set it was, but I felt like revamping it. This was the result.

I felt like turning the set into a bipedal form akin to other LEGO action figure lines, but didn't want to lose the original motorbike appearance, so he can transform back into a vehicle of sorts.

And I just gave him a tail for no reason at all. :U

That's all for now. Might do some other revamps soon. Hope you like it~

Since nobody has commented, this revamp is awesome Chols, the fact that it has a pretty well built custom torso(or at least I think it is)and that it can transform into a revamped form of the original set gives it a solid all around revamp.

Great Job :thumbup:

Edited by Zachattacx

On a practical and aesthetic level, this MoC is awesome, I love wheel-feet and I love how they're accomplished simply but effectively in this MoC. The techniques used in the arms and the legs in conjunction with the HF bones is pretty interesting and I'll have to look into that for my own MoCs. The torso is kind of underwhelming, being brick-built, but it does the job. The bike mode is a cute reference, I'd like to see some robot mode poses with the wheel accessory as a disk launcher or something like that.

Now on a conceptual level I can't say I like this MoC very much, taking away the uniquely awesome, yet unorthodox bike-based design of the Robo Riders and making Dust a humanoid scorpion just doesn't gel with me. Feel free to take this part of my criticism with a grain of salt, it's driven by personal bias for the most part.

That is a lot of nostalgia in one post, I have this set myself and remember it being my favorite Roborider set.

Perhaps we might see something similar made with the Hero Factory system in the future? That would be pretty cool.

Throwbot an Roborider vendor? Ugh, I am jealous! Dx

By the way, Ol' Dusty looks awesome! I always had an idea of Slizer who can enter the virtual reality and using special service bot - Patch - easily transform into Roborider.

Interesting. I like it, especially, his fingers)

Edited by Energo

Таныч, здесь не принято оценивать по десятибальной шкале. =_=

Sorry, random Russian talking.

Оке, я поправил. А тебя кстати звать то как? Кажись ты у нас тут третий помимо меня и Эна, ты с РБ кстать?

Sorry we are Russian...