Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

I tried to post but eb wouldn't let me.

really? it could be because you posted recently, if you try again it should work

Cool builds guys! Tell me more about this Albion project?

It's the capitol city of Avalonia, this thread should tell you everything you need to know: My link

Only for Avalonians though, we Mitgardians have this: My link

It's the capitol city of Avalonia, this thread should tell you everything you need to know: My link

Only for Avalonians though, we Mitgardians have this: My link

Sounds good! Though my current photography is limited due to my laziness. Viva la Mitgardia!

- Jokas Hoenfell

I can't help but feel bad that I wasted 1 of my votes in the Challenge IV voting for my self. I guess I wanted to feel special for at least having one vote, but going back, I can't understand why I didn't choose one of the many other MOCs that were MUCH greater than mine.

Anyhow, I hope to have a free build up within the next couple weeks (I know that is a while :tongue: ), but I can at least say that the majority of my sorting project is complete, so pretty much no more distractions.

EDIT: And it seems that behind my back, my dull gray star has transformed into sky blue. I have gained CITIZENship!

Edited by Penkid11

I can't help but feel bad that I wasted 1 of my votes in the Challenge IV voting for my self.

Don't feel bad man- people vote for MOCs for all kinds of different reasons- your votes are your votes and you can do what you want with them.

Congrats Z! We are going to have take down Mitgardia next challenge though - 2 wins in a row? the gauntlet has been thrown!

Congrats Z! We are going to have take down Mitgardia next challenge though - 2 wins in a row? the gauntlet has been thrown!

I don't know what you are taking about... I didn't see the guild gold posted yet, and I think we will be pleased with the results... or so a little birdie told me... :devil:

I don't know what you are taking about... I didn't see the guild gold posted yet, and I think we will be pleased with the results... or so a little birdie told me... :devil:

I meant that Mitgardia has had the highest voted entry for 2 challenges, hence: glove/gauntlet what have you.

Congrats Z! (i saw that coming default_laugh_new.gif)

the Map is updated, if you could add it to the front page that would be great!

7927606264_756abfffaa_c.jpg

NEW MEMBERS don't forget to claim land here

~Dangerous

Edited by Legonardo

@ZC Congratulations on being the judges favorite.

@Dangerous That map is awesome!

Thanks BB!

Thanks guys-- it was a fun build.

The map is up LD! Or is it just L now?

Anyone missing a title from the challenges?

I really don't know why you guys feel threatened by us, after all Mitgardia is allied to Avalonia. Why risk this in these days of uncertainty?

I really don't know why you guys feel threatened by us, after all Mitgardia is allied to Avalonia. Why risk this in these days of uncertainty?

No more words are necessary I think :laugh:

The map is up LD! Or is it just L now?

L or LD - I don't mind LD still works for Legonado kind of.

~Dangerous

L or LD - I don't mind LD still works for Legonado kind of.

~Dangerous

Can we call you Susan if we like?

You can call me L or LD or Dangerous or DD or Susan Susan, I don't mind default_laugh_new.gif

I have to ask, how do my fellow guildsmen make such exquisite white backgrounds in their MOC's?

I have to ask, how do my fellow guildsmen make such exquisite white backgrounds in their MOC's?

If the lighting was right and I got the exposure I was looking for, I just make a couple adjustments with Curves, erase any darker corners with a soft brush, and smooth out any paper edges from my backdrop that might be visible in the shadow by selecting it and running some Gaussian Blurs. Otherwise, I use the Magic Wand to get a rough selection, clean it up with the Lasso, and use the selection to create a Layer Mask, with another layer beneath it filled with white, and finish my editing on the mask, if needed. (this is in Photoshop, but you can achieve the same result using Paint.NET or GIMP, though Paint.NET lacks support for layer masks)

I just put up large white cloth that is facing a window and therefore I have no corners, its just one big sheet. I increase the exposure, which results in any wrinkles in the sheet to not appear in the photo and add a bit of shadow so that the MOC doesn't look like its been bleached, the all I do is add a title and sometimes a border.

mine set up in similar to LD, I have a two yards of white material attached to a 5 foot PVC pipe that I unroll and hang behind my creation. I shoot outside in shade of my house in the afternoon so shadows are minimized. Just expose and most my stuff is pretty much raw out of the camera with a little cropping and a little quick sharpening filter maybe a quick adjustment in levels and its good to go!