Pandora

2012 Friends Discussion Thread

Well, the City and Star Wars advent calendars are now officially available, so where's the Friends advent calendar? :cry_sad: There are listings for it on ebay, plus I received some of the light-aqua accessories from it from Pandora for winning the Friendsify your Avatar contest, so it must be available somewhere. Anybody know more about this?

In the United States, it will be limited availability only at physical LEGO Store locations. It is now available at the stores for $34.99.

I just picked up a friends advent calendar at the Lego store. They only had two left. I read that quantities are really limited for it

I just picked up a friends advent calendar at the Lego store. They only had two left. I read that quantities are really limited for it

Darn it! I'm sick, and now I have to make an emergency trip to the LEGO store to get this calender. :tongue:

Aanchir, you posted another great wall of text. Thank you! :D

I think we all would be much happier if girls were normal minifigures. Many of girls I know even don't like how Lego suddenly changed from good know Minifigures to Pollypockets style, and they use sets with normal minifigs, haha.

I really like the next wave of set (aspecialy the camper), and I hope I will get a Advent Calendar somehow.

I wonder what future will bring? New animals? New legs (long dresses? New hair styles? New moulded small pieces? (yes please :cry_happy: ) . How about the zoo? Mia could work there. :D

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I wonder what future will bring? New animals? New legs (long dresses? New hair styles? New moulded small pieces? (yes please :cry_happy: ) . How about the zoo?

A zoo! :oh::wub:

A zoo has been on the Town wishlist for a long time, so maybe now it will be realised within the Friends line. I really hope so. :cry_happy:

Welll, I called m local LEGO store and they had the calender. It's gonna be hassle, but I'm trying my best to get it.

The calendar is out here in Italy. I'm still thinking whether I should buy it or not.

Speaking of "what do people think about Friends"...

Marvellous. Now my daughter will be able to build her own glass ceiling and not have to worry about having to compete with boys who aren't as clever as she is but always seem to be given more interesting things to do. I live in hope that one day she'll take up knitting too.

I'm one of the people who did NOT find the review helpful.

A zoo! :oh::wub:

A zoo has been on the Town wishlist for a long time, so maybe now it will be realised within the Friends line. I really hope so. :cry_happy:

With the overly cute Friends animals? :sceptic: Thats going to take a lot of imagination to mix these with the regular LEGO system animals...

But if we see a zoo, I guess it will most probably be as part of Friends

It is amusing that folks are still lamenting the introduction of new minifigures for Friends' sets. The more I build and play with the Friends' minidolls, the more I love them. I have always felt that the regular minifigs are too blocky looking...especially for females.

It will be great when there are more adult and male figs in this line; I did not realize that the parents of Olivia used different molds...how cool. Maybe they will give us some brothers and grandparents as well. I am very satisfied with the minidoll figures and feel no need to compare them to old minifigs. And I use both types of figures in my Friends' builds. And am always ready to buy more minidoll figures from those who do not care for them.

Different themes demand different minifigs....there is no reason why they all have to be the same. And the introduction of the new larger and softer hair for minidolls is really lovely because it does fit the older minifigs and allows us to make new, cool, custom minifigs. It is okay if you don't care for these minidoll figures....there are many minifigs I can't stand, but I don't write negative comments about them....I just don't buy them. Let's be more tolerant of a theme that is doing amazing well drawing new target markets, such as younger females, which Lego so badly needs.

Here's to more styles of minifigs....may they all be as well loved as the Fabuland figures we see in so many EB avatars. Cheers!

I just picked up the 3316 Friends Advent Calendar set from the Raleigh Lego Store. And there is hardly enough substance in it to justify a price of 15USD much less the 35USD they charge for it. Mostly it is full of air...so you are paying mightily for cardboard with windows you can punch out and a large plastic tray filled with little baggies of ........next to nothing. Not sure whose brilliant idea this was, but somebody at TLG should take the heat for this rip off. Maybe they can make this a collectible item by ceasing production, but it has "sucker" written all over it IMHO.

I asked Christa, the extremely helpful clerk/manager every time I am in the store, what was in it, and she said they had no idea because they had not seen an open one, and this is the only shipment they are getting of them. She thought there would be more than two minifig dolls inside and that there woud be a horse and buggy as shown on the cover. Forget that....their are two minifig dolls in Christmas attire, a cat, and lots of little pieces that don't amount to much. Guess I learned a major lesson about buying sets...one needs to check BL before hand to see exactly what is in the box.

If I were 6 years old and this was in my house during December, I would be plenty hacked off at so few items containing more than a few little parts. Come on Lego. You have lots of great holiday designs that could have gone in this calendar. If you choose to use so few and small parts, then please make the box smaller and don't put pictures of stuff not in the box on the box. This is quite misleading. Have not decided if I will return it to the store, but I will call them and let them know how little is in the box.

Did however find 13 of the Series 8 minifigs I wanted, so the trip was not a total bust. My Austrian husband adores the four Bavarians with pretzels...he is wondering why they came without accordions. I like the actor, skier, and the angel/fairy. The others are okay, but don't knock my socks off. Did not locate a cowgirl yet.

I just picked up the 3316 Friends Advent Calendar set from the Raleigh Lego Store.

How many copies did they have there?

I asked Christa, the extremely helpful clerk/manager every time I am in the store, what was in it, and she said they had no idea because they had not seen an open one, and this is the only shipment they are getting of them. She thought there would be more than two minifig dolls inside and that there woud be a horse and buggy as shown on the cover. Forget that....their are two minifig dolls in Christmas attire, a cat, and lots of little pieces that don't amount to much. Guess I learned a major lesson about buying sets...one needs to check BL before hand to see exactly what is in the box.

Heh, sorry to hear that, but this is how Lego AC works.

And All items on the package that are not drawing ARE inside (ok Cafe isn't). But horse? Buggy? They are not on oficial box...

(big picture): http://brickultra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/advent.jpg

How many copies did they have there?

Hi! They had maybe 3 or 4 sets left in the Raleigh Lego Store yesterday at noon EST. Hope this helps!

Heh, sorry to hear that, but this is how Lego AC works.

And All items on the package that are not drawing ARE inside (ok Cafe isn't). But horse? Buggy? They are not on oficial box...

(big picture): http://brickultra.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/advent.jpg

I see your point of view. What Christa and I noticed was the horse and buggy on the back side of the box and the picture of the five minidolls on the right top corner of the front of the box. If there are only going to be two minidolls in the box, they should not show a photo of five, and they need to clearly indicate this. If I were a young child receiving this in early December, I would be very disappointed about the lack of minidolls, the horse and the buggy. The box is very confusing. And if I bought this for a young child, I would be even more upset that my child was upset.

So I guess the Advent Calendar concept is not one that I will be buying into in the future. They really do need to beef up the contents. Cheers!

Edited by Legogal

Hmm Can you post pictures of those? I can't find any pictures of them in Google, and I am really curious!

I will be posting a video review of it later tonight. :classic:

It's too bad that LEGO no longer shows the parts contents on the box. I hadn't noticed it, but apparently they stopped doing that last year (at least on the Star Wars set, which is the only Calendar I bought last year). Then people wouldn't be disappointed when the contents aren't what they expect.

As far as showing things on the box that aren't in the calendar, they've always included a sort of poster on the inside of the cover/front of the calendar showing sets in the theme in a holiday setting, but for someone who hasn't bought a calendar in the past I could see how that would be confusing.