Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Four

001.jpg

Becka Bulldog (Rick) walks home from Gibson Goat's Tavern through the Village Square. What's this? A xylophone!

"What's this?" Becka says. "A xylophone! I love xylophones. I think I'll play it."

002.jpg

"Look, someone's even left me some sheet music to play."

003.jpg

004.jpg

Kaplooie!!!

005.jpg

A dark figure gleefully conducts the falling keys before dashing off into the night.

006.jpg

Let's see, who's next? Oh, yes. Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock) has an important job to do. How she came about getting this job is a very interesting story...but there's no time right now. We have a blood bath to get to. Let's just say that Portia has experienced the raw force of the evil spirit in the dark forest, first hand, and now she lives to fight it. She's at the house of the person she suspects the most. She lets herself in and leaves the door open behind her.

"This is just like the book Harriet Slutter and the Firepants of Whacking Stump" Portia whispers to nobody in particular. "...where Harriet and her friends crash into the whacking stump with a flying PT Cruiser and end up finding a secret passage to the drooling hut, where Harriet finds the killer and saves the day!!"

007.jpg

But the real evil spirit is one step ahead of her. And this won't end the way it did for Portia's hero, Harriet Slutter. The evil spirit sneaks in behind her...

008.jpg

Portia curls up next to the resident of the home...

009.jpg

...and turns into a tree stump.

010.jpg

"Mwhaaaaa haa haa haa har!" the evil entity laughs, turning the lights on. "I've found you!"

"What's going on?" Gilbert Goat sits up in bed.

011.jpg

But the killer has already swung its axe and removes Gilbert's head in one clean stroke.

012.jpg

The killer jumps on the bed and chops the tree stump to bits!

013.jpg

And that is the end of Gibson Goat (Pandora) and Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock).

014.jpg

In the morning...wait, it's still dark. Oh, that's right. One more. Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) wanders, somewhat dazed, into the Village Square. He ignores the xylophone carnage and instead covers himself with a very fine powder.

015.jpg

Then he picks up a torch and...

Whoomp! goes up in flames.

016.jpg

Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) burns to death quickly, leaving behind a charred corpse in the Village Square.

017.jpg

The specter of Felix Fox shows up and gleefully wraps up Ernie's soul.

018.jpg

Felix disappears in a burst of phantom flames, leaving behind an odd green flask.

019.jpg

A dark figure sneaks out and snatches up the flask before running off into the night.

020.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit's body, conveniently, washes up onto the river bank.

021.jpg

The members of the Village are devastated to find more death in the Village Square in the morning. Edgar Elephant has brought what's left of his beautiful Portia Poodle while Cameron Crocodile and Gilda Goat carry the remains of their brother and friend Gibson Goat.

Marcellus the Monk is ready to identify the dead with his staff.

022.jpg

Portia Poodle (CorneliusMurdock) and Gibson Goat (Pandora) were both innocent Villagers.

023.jpg

Becka Bulldog (Rick) was an innocent Villager.

024.jpg

Ernie Elephant (JimButcher) was an innocent Villager.

025.jpg

Last night's lynch, Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88) was an innocent Villager.

026.jpg

And on the 26th picture, the Village stands in shocked silence (some masking sheer glee!) at the body count of 5 innocent Villagers.

Day Four has begun. You may not vote during the first 24 hours. Please note the new rule.

Objective:

The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  9. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  13. You must play on things that effect your animal (natural predators, diet, etc.) in every post. You may need to do a little research. Feel free to expand on the information your find. Be creative. (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts) EDIT: As stated on Day Two, these violations will incur one vote per penalty. I apologize for not updating each day's rules to reflect that until now. :blush: Sowwy.
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
  • The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Best of luck and have fun! :sweet:

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

Non-Playable Characters

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Marcellus the Monk,

played by Hinckley

00_npc_firuz.jpg

Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,

played by Fugazi

Active Players (16)

booker.jpg

Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,

played by Dragonator

brigit.jpg

Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,

played by Sandy

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,

played by Rufus

casey.jpg

Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,

played by Scouty

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,

played by WhiteFang

gilda.jpg

Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,

played by Quarryman

gordon.jpg

Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,

played by Scubacarrot

heidi.jpg

Heidi Hippo, Farmer,

played by CallMePie

horace.jpg

Horace Horse, Blacksmith,

played by iamded

lazlo.jpg

Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,

played by TinyPiesRUs

maurice.jpg

Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,

played by Cecilie

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,

played by Professor Flitwick

pancho.jpg

Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,

played by Zepher

pennie.jpg

Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,

played by Eskallon

seamus.jpg

Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,

played by Dannylonglegs

shawna.jpg

Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,

played by Shadows

The Deceased (10)

petey_dead.jpg

Petey Panda, Fisherman,

played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,

played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager

wallace_dead.jpg

Wallace Walrus, Lawman,

played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist

carly_dead.jpg

Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,

played by Tamamono, lynched on Day Two - unknown affiliation

baxter_dead.jpg

Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,

played by Waterbrick Down, murdered by anvil on Night Two - Villager

ralphy_dead.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,

played by badboytje88, lynched on Day Three - Villager

becka_dead.jpg

Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,

played by Rick, murdered by xylophone on Night Three - Villager

gibson_dead.jpg

Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,

played by Pandora, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

portia_dead.jpg

Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,

played by CorneliusMurdock, murdered with an axe on Night Three - Villager

ernie_dead.jpg

Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,

played by JimButcher, died of self-immolation on Night Three - Villager

God damn. *huh*

Okay...so, xylophone looks like the trapper's (likely vig/SK's) work, Portia looked like a rather unfortunate Hider...assuming the tree stump thing is a joke... :look: ....and, well, Ernie, that's the mystery to me. Looks like an ordinary Lover deal, except he turned into a potion and got stolen. I guess. :wacko:

What a mess... :sceptic:

Wallows around in the mud for a while and chews on grass.

Nooooooooo... Not my beloved wife.... This entire situation is getting so grim and ever grimmer.. What the hell is going on... :cry_sad:

Not my poor wife, I really can't believe that the cultists had gotten to you...

This is totally insane, what had we done wrong this far...

Holy megablocking hell. *huh*

Explosives, a transformation into a tree stump, an axe killing, another axe killing, a suicide, and then we were wrong about what seemed like an obvious lynch? :oh:

It's like the scum somehow saved up all of their evil and used it at once. Is that even possible? It's too much to try to absorb at once.

I don't think I can eat my morning grass after all this... :sick:

It's like the scum somehow saved up all of their evil and used it at once. Is that even possible? It's too much to try to absorb at once.

And, why I got that f**k*** feeling that the SK is now ally with the cultists. Damn... I just can't believe what had happened last night. I am loss for words. Though we must grieve for the innocents, but we ought to set our records right.

Bloody hell, that was a hell of a night. I wasn't expecting that at all. The fact that the axe killer took both the victims too was strange. Something else though I cannot put my finger on.

Oink Oink, my skin is getting dry, off to the mud patch. Dont want to attract those nasty pesky farmers who want to cut me up! :angry:

What the... what... whaaaat?! Such a bloodbath :cry_sad:. How many killers are really out there? :wacko: Interesting that the only one the evil fox spirit seemed interested in is the one that seemed to commit suicide... And what's up with that treestump? Ralphy was talking something about a treestump yesterday... What could this mean? I need to reflect upon this before I can provide any more thoughts...

*Nibbles on some cheese*.

*huh* Did that really just happen? Five? Five. Five?! That's ridiculous. I was sure we'd get a scum with yesterday's vote, but even that turned out terribly. :cry_sad: And then there's our trap killer again, but why target Becka? I also don't understand why and how the axe killer got two kills last night, and what the heck's up with this tree stump?! I guess I should take a look back at what Ralphy said about that yesterday... Add to that the fox showing up again, this time to a suicide... :wacko: Lovers, maybe? That whole death is bizarre - the potion, the soul-taking... Rather frightening, if you ask me. Maybe I ate some bad shrooms and this is all just a nightmare... :cry_sad: Maybe... maybe I should go back to hay and oats, and apples...

Ok, I've been giving this some thought, and I can't help but wonder if this tree stump has something to do with this bloodbath... Yesterday, Ralphy claimed he had been told he woke up next to a tree stump, and he thought it had to be Ernie. Now that we know he was a Villager, there is no reason to doubt this information. And then Ernie ends up putting himself on fire during the night, after Ralphy got lynched.

Then, we see Portia turning into a tree stump while in the house of the person she suspects the most, according to the scripts from the night (could Portia have been our investigator, maybe? :look: I hope not :cry_sad:). And then when the person lying next to her, Gilbert, gets killed, Portia gets killed as well. Could there be something about this treestump? Maybe the treestump-action, or whatever it is, can be passed from person to person? And the person currently being the treestump dies if the person they're in bed with at night (or something of the sort...) is killed? :look:

*Looks around for cats... Oh, that's right, there's only my wife who's a cat around here. Maybe I should bring her a fish, just in case...*

Roar. :cry_sad:

So now it's been confirmed that the axe killer is not a vigilante. If they haven't done so already, I think our blocker should have a good look at the person they blocked on night two. We can't be 100% sure that the reason the axe killer didn't strike on night two was because he was blocked, but I would suggest that the blocker look back and check if their target has said or done anything odd over these last three days.

This is a truly dark day for Spring Haven, I don't know how these cultists can sleep at night. :sadnew:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Oh. My. megablocking. God. *oh2*

My poor brother! :cry_sad: I need to meditate on this a bit, if anyone needs me I'll be over here chewing on Brigit's garden tools.

So the elephant killed himself?!

And Portia got first turned into a treestump, then killed... does this mean Gibson was the blocker? I think so.

I'm just going to eat a banana and read back.

B-Becka? Why my dear Becka... :cry_sad: Whyyyyy!? :sing: I will miss the feeling of you pulling those leather straps tight... the biting of your nipple clamps... :cry_sad:

This is a disaster, five of us in one night... I don't even know where to begin. Ernie burned himself to death, that axe guy took out two innocents including a tree stump... this is going to require some thought. Thought that my poor fragile bear mind cannot handle right now without my dear Becka to tweak my nuts. :cry_sad:

I need some honey. Honey is good for depression... and stuff...

:cry_sad:

Insanity! All hope is lost for the town! Run, flee while you can! Nobody can survive this!!! :cry_sad:

*slaps herself in the face*

No! I am the First Lady, I must compose myself so that the scared villagers can lean on me. Fear not, brave denizens of Winter Haven! I promise you that my husband, Lazlo Lion, will do everything to stop this horrible tragedy.

...Oh, who am I kidding. I'm clueless. I better just go and BOING. :sceptic:

But if anyone has any concrete clues as to who might be behind this mess, now would be a really good time to say so.

And Portia got first turned into a treestump, then killed... does this mean Gibson was the blocker? I think so.

Actually, I think it's Portia who could voluntarily choose to turn into a tree stump and sleep in someone's bed, as wierd as that sounds. The transcript of events seems to imply that Gibson didn't have a night action and didn't know what was going on. Plus, what we were shown today corresponds with the description Ralphy provided about a tree stump lying next to him in bed, and we know Ralphy couldn't have blocked Portia.

No! I am the First Lady, I must compose myself so that the scared villagers can lean on me. Fear not, brave denizens of Winter Haven! I promise you that my husband, Lazlo Lion, will do everything to stop this horrible tragedy.

Yes, that's right my dear. I will do everything in my power to make sure these cowardly cultist's don't win. I will make sure of-

Wait, is this place called Winter Haven?

Once upon a time, in the world of FABULAND, deep in the Dark Forest, was the little village of Winter Haven.

This is a truly dark day for Spring Haven,

:hmpf_bad: Shit. When I'm re-elected and villagers aren't dying left and right, I promise to remember the name of the town I'm governing. :blush:

Did you know that lions spend much of their time resting and are inactive for about 20 hours per day? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

:oh: Oh my anthropomorphic God! What a terrible night :cry_sad:

I'm dissapointed Ralphy didn't come up as scum, it seemed so likely... well, if there's anything we can learn from this, it's to not be so apathetic :sceptic:

What a traumatic disaster. I need to lap up some milk. Curious Casey Cat Fact, most cats are lactose intolerant!

:look: Bloody hell.

On the plus side, the list of people who may want to eat me has decreased dramatically.

Bloody hell. Oh, sorry, I just repeated you. :blush:

BAWK! Maybe you could give us a little more reaction, wifey? We need everyone to input everything possible. This town should be filled with talkers.

Everyone, I think there are a number of things we need to consider. a) if you have ANY information on the deceased, please come forward. If anyone was in contact with them, we need to know what they were saying and doing that could have gotten them killed. b) perhaps I'm being a thick ol' parrot, but BAWK! I have no idea what Portia's action might be. I think it would benefit us to know what tool we lost. Blocker who died with her target? That seems a little strange, but possible?

And while I don't usually encourage people announcing things publicly, I much prefer when they mail everyone individually, I've got to agree with my BOINGing pal that perhaps now would be the time to come forward with any useful information. We're not quite down to the wire... but we're pretty BAWK! close.

BAWK! Maybe you could give us a little more reaction, wifey? We need everyone to input everything possible. This town should be filled with talkers.

:sceptic: Seriously? Okay, take your pick from any of these standard morning grievances:

Five people are dead! Five! That's a higher number than four and three!/So many people are dead!/Oh no, I was so fond of Raphly/Becka/Gibson/Portia/Erine!/Hmm... does anyone actually know any cultists?

Seriously, Panchy, has your lust for my flesh made you so crazy that you think the amount animals go 'oh no!' in the morning is input? :cry_sad: Yes, the axe killer struck twice, but only because Portia was using her night action on Gibson (likely a hider role, as Heidi mentioned earlier).

:distressed:

Gibson! Becka! Portia! :cry_sad: Noooooooo! You scummy megablocks, we'll get you. :angry:

I'm not sure what Ernie's self-immolation was about; perhaps a reflex action to Ralphy being killed? If he knew that was going to happen, it might explain his reticence to vote for Ralphy yesterday. I don't like the look of Felix taking his soul, though. And what was that vial he left behind?

As Heidi said, it looks like Portia was hiding behind Gibson, which is how that axe-wielding bastard was able to kill both. :cry_sad:

I need to eat some stuff. A rock will do.

What the hell happened last night!? *huh* How did this happen? Can I only speak in questions for some reason? Yes? Really? Why? Huh? Do I sound like I'm from California now, as opposed to Britain or Australia?

Well, what do y'all think? Does the opening sequence prove that the ax murderer is scum? (What was he called, an evil force or something?) I know others have already asked, but what's up with Ernie killing himself? Was it a lover thing?

Then there's the appearance of... What's his name, Felix the Fox? Why did he appear after Ernie's death as opposed to the deaths at the hand of the ax murderer? And why did it leave a vial? Does the death of Ernie give the scum some kind of benefit?

Did you know not all sheepdogs nip, like I? Some give head?

Yes, that's right my dear. I will do everything in my power to make sure these cowardly cultist's don't win. I will make sure of-

Wait, is this place called Winter Haven?

Oh, you silly wilkins! Of course you're just joking, tehehehe...

*turns her voice into a whisper*

Stop making yourself look so bad in front of the voters, megablock! We're in deep enough shit without it! Go fix this, now!

Ah, that's my sweet husband for you - so adorable and fluffy! Makes me want to just BOING him all day and night long - as bunnies are prone to do.

Boing boing BOING, tehehe!

But seriously, has nobody got anything to go with? Great, we're so screwed... :hmpf:

As Heidi said, it looks like Portia was hiding behind Gibson, which is how that axe-wielding bastard was able to kill both. :cry_sad:

But if Portia was a hider, and hid behind Ralphy the night before this one, shouldn't that have cleared Ralphy? I thought a hider would die if they tried to hide behind a scummy Cultist, thus making this role a sort of investigative role. At least that's what I heard in a story about crazy Japanese animals.

*Looks around for Casey. I wonder if she's hungry? She looked so hungry last I saw her. Better go find some fish to "arm" myself with...*

But if Portia was a hider, and hid behind Ralphy the night before this one, shouldn't that have cleared Ralphy? I thought a hider would die if they tried to hide behind a scummy Cultist, thus making this role a sort of investigative role. At least that's what I heard in a story about crazy Japanese animals.

Maybe. But it would require Portia putting herself and her role on the line to save him.

Huddles close to everyone nearby and continues chewing grass.

Maybe. But it would require Portia putting herself and her role on the line to save him.

I think what Maurice is getting at is that a Hider usually dies if they hide behind scum. That's a good point; I can only guess therefore that a Hider wasn't Portia's role, but it's difficult in that case to explain why she died.

*Cameron looks around to see if anyone's carrying a handbag, and if so, what it's made of*