Sign in to follow this  
kjhubb

Toys R us Cyber Sale

Just checked Toys R Us website and they have all the Technic sets on sale. They also have other sets like star wars and city.

Rock Crawler regular $199.95 now $169.95.

Good find! The ToysRUs online ad is a bit odd -- it says "only at ToysRUs".... :blush:

Slide_02.jpgSlide_10903.gifpTRU1-12219757t130.jpg

The sale is over actually, a bit misleading about going through Tuesday. I was in awe looking at the Labor Day pricing, but today all prices are back to their usual price, with the hi-jacking of marked up prices on most models, funny the Excavator and Crawler are MSRP of S@H, the rest are about 15-20% higher than S@H, usual TRU markups. Maybe if they kept their prices at MSRP they might have a better and longer lasting Technic collection all the time, instead of normally only at the twice a year releases, never even saw the 9397 Log Truck or the Unimog(8110) in stores and I live in a large metro area with 3 TRU's nearby, either that or Technic isn't very popular in the midwest US. Usually at Christmas when the first half models of the year come in and when the 2nd batch are released in mid-summer they are all there, including not so new models, then once they start selling out slowly, you hardly see nothing except the very small Technic models until the next release. I know Lego markets mainly to young children, Technic seems to be an adult only thing, thus the stores themselves rarely have much on the shelf after a few weeks of release and don't restock. Occasionally you see a surprise in between, like the 8070 Supercar coming back to all 3 in my area this summer for a time and a few Excavators too. Funny, that one has had a long, long run, over 2 years now...

Good to hear about this discounts, too bad Toys R us doesn't ship to Mexico :cry_sad:

They don't market in Mexico? I am really surprised to hear that...

Yup, I agree about TRU's high prices and lack of variety. Many of their sets are old at our store. And the prices are really a turn off. I would rather buy sets for less or even the same price at the local LEGO store and get VIP points and freebies and cut out the middleman...because I feel that TRU is such a lousy store because they carry so much junk as in poorly made products.

Stopped by over Labor Day weekend to see if anything decent was on sale, and it was not. They had a few Series 8 minifigs for $3.19, but the selection and the price at $2.99 were better at the LEGO store. While it is nice to have more than one store that carries LEGO in the area, TRU is not a great choice.

Looks like Technic 8043 is still on sale for only $159.99. Is this the cheapest you seen this ? On the fence about ordering one.

Sign in to follow this