Ha ha, I too am jonesing for someone to review this set. Initially I was going to hold off on purchasing until someone's review convinced me it was worth the price tag, but... I just couldn't. :blush:

I bought it first thing this morning with the Halloween Accessory Set. :hmpf:

It's like I've got a trigger finger just for LEGO.

I already ordered mine :blush: i had $30 in my VIP card so i got it for only $150 so im not complaining. How can you not resist it with fee shipping and a free lego set.

Edited by MannyLego

On the French site it is now at 139,99 €

For the other euro countries it seems to be still at 179,99 €

I'll wait a little in case they decrease the price for Belgium too :hmpf_bad:

On the French site it is now at 139,99 €

For the other euro countries it seems to be still at 179,99 €

I'll wait a little in case they decrease the price for Belgium too :hmpf_bad:

I emailed the customer service about that this morning. I can understand price differences between Europe Vs US but not a 40€ increase between 2 adjacent European countries. I'll post the outcome here when I receive a reply.

I emailed the customer service about that this morning. I can understand price differences between Europe Vs US but not a 40€ increase between 2 adjacent European countries. I'll post the outcome here when I receive a reply.

Thanks.

It is not the first time that such difference occur.

The modular fire brigade was 20 € cheaper in Belgium than in France (but then it was OK for me :laugh: )

Here 40 € is a lot :angry:

I am planning a trip to my local Lego Store for some time later in this month. I can't wait to get my hands on this set! The only question I have for myself now is whether or not I should save it to build on Halloween. Decisions, decisions! :classic:

I am planning a trip to my local Lego Store for some time later in this month. I can't wait to get my hands on this set! The only question I have for myself now is whether or not I should save it to build on Halloween. Decisions, decisions! :classic:

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but it just occoured to me when reading GnomeLover95s post. After halloween I persume sales of this set will drop quite a bit? Does this mean the price may drop by a significant amount?

First video review of this set on youtube

, but after seeing it i will definitely be making it into a modular style with removable floors.

First video review of this set on youtube

, but after seeing it i will definitely be making it into a modular style with removable floors.

The kid doesn't know what a record is... Makes me feel a little old, I think.

Still gonna get this set, but I'm waiting 'till October. Just in case there are sweet Bricktober deals.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned but it just occoured to me when reading GnomeLover95s post. After halloween I persume sales of this set will drop quite a bit? Does this mean the price may drop by a significant amount?

No.

Anybody waiting for a price drop is going to be very disappointed.

You know, only a few countries in the world celebrate Halloween. Halloween will have virtually no impact on the Monster Fighters sales in most countries.

You know, only a few countries in the world celebrate Halloween. Halloween will have virtually no impact on the Monster Fighters sales in most countries.

Well, I know for a fact they go Halloween crazy in the US and in Hong Kong, and increasingly in the UK. Certainly worth waiting 'till after Xmas for discounts. No I don't expect the shop.lego price to drop, but resellers prices will certainly drop - particularly if sales at £150 / €180 are sluggish.

What's with all this talk of price drops? I've never heard of TLG lowering their prices - unless by some odd chance the set in question gets bumped to clearance due to poor sales.

I'm familiar with VIP points, free shipping deals, as well as polybag giveaways, but actually lowering the price? Has this happened? :sceptic:

(I'm thinking maybe people are talking about retailers that sell LEGO, not TLG itself? Though if this is exclusive, doesn't that mean its just LEGO and maybe Toyrus selling it? And Lord knows, you'd need an awful lot of luck to walk out of Toysrus with a deal. :laugh: )

Edited by Miles

I'm in the process of putting mine together and I'm missing one of the doors :-( gonna have to call them Tuesday morning I guess.

I'm waiting until the price drops. Perhaps after halloween or maybe after Christmas. £150 is a sick joke for a set no bigger than the £99 Fire Brigade.

You certainly won't see a price drop that soon...

I did notice the 1x2x2 window panes have the same "smudge" that 10224 Town Hall had...gonna email TLG and let them know, luckily, stickers cover the panes so you can't see it.

What's with all this talk of price drops? I've never heard of TLG lowering their prices - unless by some odd chance the set in question gets bumped to clearance due to poor sales.

From what I gather, loads of French AFOL complained to the Lego Company about the price increase from 139.99€ (as announced a couple of months ago) to 179.99€, ending with a formal complaint to the official French authority that deals with business frauds, which answered positively and turned to Lego. This might explain why the set is now available for 139.99€ in France, as advertized a few weeks ago.

Don't we all agree that 139.99€ is a far more legitimate price for this set?

Edited by Oracle of Mechanus

From what I gather, loads of French AFOL complained to the Lego Company about the price increase from 139.99€ (as announced a couple of months ago) to 179.99€, ending with a formal complaint to the official French authority that deals with business frauds, which answered positively and turned to Lego. This might explain why the set is now available for 139.99€ in France, as advertized a few weeks ago.

Yes,

179,99 is ridiculous.

It's a nice set, but definitively too expensive. I would be willing to pay up to 149.99€, but the thirty euros extra are simply too much.

I agree. I was totaly sold for original price of 149,99, but now I'm not gona buy it unless they drop the price.

I wrote to LEGO to ask them about the price difference between the Belgian S@H (179,99€) and the French one (139,99€)... here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting us.

I am terribly sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the apparent price difference between Belgium and France for item 10228. The price of this set in France was in fact altered to 179.99 EUR and can only be purchased at that price. It is true that at this moment the price appears as 139.99 EUR in the search results, however when clicking through to pay for the item the amount changes to 179.99 EUR. This is an internal error and we are currently working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. However, I thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback.

So the 139.99 is an error (?!) and you can't actually complete the transaction at that price - that's not true as it seems a lot of people were able to confirm their order during the week-end.

Is the team managing the S@H just incompetent or also dishonest? I feel cheated.