Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Yessir, Benji Carvenhall's my name. Thanks for the venom. Will I be seeing you on Quest #44?"

"I think so. I'd like to have more supplies, but I'm quite low on gold. I just hope we can find that missing child. Well, I guess nobody said it's a child, but we are all assuming that aren't we?"

"I can't help but overhear - you recently returned from the Fields of Glory, no? Are those Direwolves still there? Annoying things, those. More than twice as tall as a man when I last faced them - I have no idea how one of them was able to disguise himself as a sheep, even if Master Donauld's sheep are larger than men. They just kept coming and coming and coming..."

"Yes, nasty creatures. Just when you think you have them beat WHAM! another one takes his place. I hope I never see another direwolf, but at least now I know to seal it as soon as I spot it. Wonder where I can get one of those scroll."

"Yes, nasty creatures. Just when you think you have them beat WHAM! another one takes his place. I hope I never see another direwolf, but at least now I know to seal it as soon as I spot it. Wonder where I can get one of those scroll."

"Oh, good day, Miss Cinna. Indeed, it is quite fortunate if you encounter Direwolves when one of your party possesses a Scroll of Sealing or another similar ability to prevent the Direwolf from summoning more of its kind. When I last fought them, my party and I were quite inexperienced; none of us really knew what to do when those additional wolves began to appear. Smoke bomb in one hand, arm cocked and ready to throw, shouting out orders in a panic, trying to figure out who should attack when, attempting to fire a longbow at the same time - looking back now, it was hilarious."

"I bet it was, looking back. At the time though, it must have been a very fearful experiance for all of you. It's good that you have survived and you look very strong now. Hopefully you didn't start any wars...or get any children captured by a witch...umm

:sceptic:

Won't you have a seat? I'm sure there's plenty of room at our table. I mean, if Namyrra doesn't mind, she was sitting in such a quiet corner here."

"I bet it was, looking back. At the time though, it must have been a very fearful experiance for all of you. It's good that you have survived and you look very strong now. Hopefully you didn't start any wars...or get any children captured by a witch...umm

:sceptic:

"Ah, yes, the quest in Salmanda... Bluto's capture surely remains one of the low points of my Heroica career. Though failing to stop Lady Wren and killing one of her pawns instead when she was first encountered at the Arena wasn't exactly a high point, either, even if there wasn't much we could do about it."

Won't you have a seat? I'm sure there's plenty of room at our table. I mean, if Namyrra doesn't mind, she was sitting in such a quiet corner here."

"Thank you."

"Ah, yes, the quest in Salmanda... Bluto's capture surely remains one of the low points of my Heroica career. Though failing to stop Lady Wren and killing one of her pawns instead when she was first encountered at the Arena wasn't exactly a high point, either, even if there wasn't much we could do about it."

"Yeah. We all do the best we can, we do what we feel is right at the time. Sometimes that turns out horribly, and we are stuck with the consequences. I just wish the world wasn't punished for our mistakes. But you know, what can we do? We can't run away from it...

:look:

We can only try to fix it any way possible."

"Pleased to meet you, Master Carvenhall.

"No, I will not be signing up for Quest 44. There's something I need to buy from another hero, and he's out on a quest right now, so I must wait for him to return."

"I can't help but overhear - you recently returned from the Fields of Glory, no? Are those Direwolves still there? Annoying things, those. More than twice as tall as a man when I last faced them - I have no idea how one of them was able to disguise himself as a sheep, even if Master Donauld's sheep are larger than men. They just kept coming and coming and coming..."

"Pity. Yes, Cinna, Namyrra and I just returned from the Fields of Glory - it was quite an experience, I hope to return to there after I finish in Quest 44. Yes, those Direwolves were definitely there, they just kept coming and coming!"

"Yeah. We all do the best we can, we do what we feel is right at the time."

"Killing unicorns and turning them undead; shooting innocent orcs begging for mercy..." :distressed:

Sometimes that turns out horribly, and we are stuck with the consequences. I just wish the world wasn't punished for our mistakes. But you know, what can we do? We can't run away from it...

:look:

We can only try to fix it any way possible."

"Yes, I do hope we eventually get another chance to go after Bluto, without the constraint of needing to return in time to save the Grand Wizardine."

"Killing unicorns and turning them undead; shooting innocent orcs begging for mercy..." :distressed:

:sad:

"Yeah, that was very unfortuanate, but at the time, for all of us, it was for the greater good. I don't think any of us wanted to kill the majestic unicorn..twice..or trick it into eating that poison dust. There was just no other way to save the Grand Wizardine. It was regretable, almost everything that happened on that quest was so painful. I don't like to remember it, but remembering is the only thing that keeps us from repeating our mistakes."

Tarn awoke from his slumber and felt like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. He clapped Guts on the arm, much to the irritation of the older man, and left the Hall. His guilt over the death of Constance had diminished, but he still had a decision to make regarding his advanced training. He would go off on a journey and see where it would take him - whether it would give any insight into the type of hero he could be.

During the night, a note had appeared into the Quest Board. It was written in a neat, if a bit oversized, handwriting on a silky paper.

Thank you everyone who have volunteered to help me find my friend. I don't know what I would do without him. Below is a list of all the volunteers:

~
Raven Ashcroft
, Level 1 Rogue (Raven Brickroft)

~
Dreyrugr
, Level 1 Rogue (Vash the Stampede)

~
Cinna the Dark
, Level 18 Mystic Knight (darkdragon)

~
Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 10 ½ Barbarian (Myrddyn)

~
Mizuki Kimura
, Level 11 Rogue (zakura)

~
Namyrra Uq
, Level 21 Evoker (Quarryman)

~
Sir Christopher Daggerfall
, Level 14 Knight (Fred Fred Burger)

~
Thalion Dwinlas
, Level 1 Mage (-obelix-)

~
William Harkenshire
, Level 14 Ranger (VolcanicPanik)

~
Nerwen Calmcacil
, Level 12 Cleric (Chromeknight)

~
Benji Carvenhall
, Level 21 Assassin (Flare)

~
De’kra
, Level 17 ½ Assassin (Tanma)

~
Alexander Vandangant
, Level 1 Ranger (Wedge09)

~
Sarick Lanse
, Level 12 ½ Mage (Xarrzan)

~
Thothwick
, Level 19 Black Knight (Professor Flitwick)

~
Hybros
, Level 20 Assassin (JimButcher)

~
Guts Holla
, Level 20 Raider (Scubacarrot)

That's seventeen people, great! I just hope I haven't forgotten anyone... Please meet me at the
Shrine of the Oracle
at noon tomorrow. It is located smack-dab middle of the Hovels, if you did not know.

See you when you get there!

~
Sküld
, altar girl of Fabula Sibylla

IC: De'kra observed Hybros sitting alone. The echo carefully stood up, and walked over to where the Imp rested. "You okay," he clicked, "Is something wrong?"

"...I am just thinking. Thank you for your concern, though. I see that you are also going on this quest in the Hovels, perhaps we will have the opportunity to fight alongside each other."

"...I am just thinking. Thank you for your concern, though. I see that you are also going on this quest in the Hovels, perhaps we will have the opportunity to fight alongside each other."

IC: De'kra nodded and clicked, "It would be good to fight alongside you. You know any other heroes will travel and? Heroes I know well are Nerwen from Dastan, and Cinna from Quest 4. Both good heroes, so it would be good to travel and them again. I know less of Sarick since he not socialize much, but I know he very fond of dragons. I also travel and Guts in Quest 20, but he and I...not get along. Hopefully he and I will be less hostile on this quest. Still, what you know of other heroes?"

"Not much more than you do. I have traveled with Guts before. He is a bit arrogant, eheh, but he gets the job done. I have met Cinna before, and Daggerfall, that quiet knight over there. That is about all, aside from heroes I've seen around the hall..."

Chris sees the notice on the quest board "great" he thinks to himself "noon tomorrow. Maybe I should go to the market or something" [Checks inventory]... "Nope, already have every thing I need for this quest."

Looks around "Maybe I'll just twiddle my thumbs in the corner for the next 24 hours." :look: Goes into corner and begins twiddling thumbs.

Chris Hears someone mumle "Daggerfall"from the other side of the room, and says "uh that's me"as he raises his hand awkwardly. Then seeing that Hybros wasn't actually talking to him he returns to twiddling his thumbs in the corner.

Edited by Fred Fred Burger

NOTICE! Quest 47. The Joust, has been extened 3 days for sing ups! So far only 2 have signed up, we need one more!

Current singups:

Sorrow (played by Endgame)

Nagure (played by Costy)

Chris Hears someone mumle "Daggerfall"from the other side of the room, and says "uh that's me"as he raises his hand awkwardly. Then seeing that Hybros wasn't actually talking to him he returns to twiddling his thumbs in the corner.

"Sir Christopher! It's been too long since I last saw you."

"Sir Christopher! It's been too long since I last saw you."

"Indeed Ranger Docken, far to long. Endless problems with my mystical computation crystal, so I've had to jump on when I can, but thankfully that's been dealt with (Hopefully).

Shame we won't be questing together on this next one, not that I think I'll lack for company with my 16 other companions :wink:. But theirs always next time. I doubt people are going to run out of monsters that they need slayed,

enchanted artifacts they need recovered, and less than responsible relatives they need rescued from danger any time soon.:tongue:"

"Indeed Ranger Docken, far to long. Endless problems with my mystical computation crystal, so I've had to jump on when I can, but thankfully that's been dealt with (Hopefully).

Shame we won't be questing together on this next one, not that I think I'll lack for company with my 16 other companions :wink:. But theirs always next time. I doubt people are going to run out of monsters that they need slayed,

enchanted artifacts they need recovered, and less than responsible relatives they need rescued from danger any time soon.:tongue:"

"Ah, I see.

"Yes, I'd love to be questing with you, but I need to wait for another hero who's currently on another quest. He and I have a trade to make. We'll have to get back together with Miss Hightribe, Miss Islanti and Master Tomas for a quest, sometime, though. Master Donauld is taking heroes back to his fields regularly, now."

Thalion checks his inventory "everything seems to be ready!" he thinks to himself. "It seems a lot of people are going to help, that's always a good thing... And it will be a privilege to practice and learn the Art with such a company!"

Kissing his Beau goodbye, Thothwick turned to walk out of the Hall.

"Be careful, Thothwick. I heard you denounce Orang Pendek the night were we reacquainted. You no longer walk in his good graces, but rather in the shadow of his turned back."

Thothwick jovially shrugged his shoulders, and continued out the hall.

[May Orang Pendek guide him.]

Suddenly, The Heroica hall seems to lack a door. The blinding light that ensures is followed by a silhouette'd figure. As the Heroes eyes adjust to the newborn light, they see the figure is a mild, limping, old man. One of the more bold heroes pushes the man, attempting to get him out of the hall. "The Heroica hall is not for the weak!" He shouts. The old man, fast as a cheetah, swift as a gazelle, Whacks his stick into the Hero's hamstring, forcing him unto his knees. Kicks him in the face with a steel tipped prosthetic pegleg, breaking his nose, And throws a knife between the man's legs, as it twangs into the floor, the old man Says,"Exactly, weakling. Now get out" Hero struggles to leave and the old man retrieves his knife. Suddenly, he feels all of the eyes of the Heroica hall on him, and shouts "Who's next?!?" Three heroes stand up and start to fix the door.

As the man walks into the hall, a bloodstained book falls out of his pocket. One of the Heroes picks it up, and begins to read.

Target: Capt. (Now Sarge) Jonothan Mcency

53 years old. He has served in almost every military from across the globe. And is thought to earn over 1000 gold a month in soldier pensions. Extremely violent, aggressive and a heavy alcoholic. Known to be in the possession of an experimental modified pegleg which grants him incredible strength. When angry known to punch through walls, doors, and usuably solid objects, cannot destroy milk cartons. Lost 2 fingers on the right hand i a sword fight, he wears the bones around his neck as a sort of omen/lucky charm. Approach with extreme caution, If you are seen, you will die. He has contacts everywhere.

7915923834_a14e253382.jpg

(Image By my good friend Medic!!!)

Sarge Jon. Mcency (Skyrimguy)

53 years old male human rogue

Level 1

Power 4

Health 7

Gold 10

Equipment Knife (Wp 3)

Inventory Potion, A vial of poison.

Edited by Skyrimguy

Jon hobbles towards the quest board, he looks at the two on the wall in confuzzlment. He grabs a young hero's hair and pulls him towards the board. "Wassat say!" he shouts. "Q-q-q-quest #47" the young man stutters. "And don't you forget it!" Jon replies, "wait wut?"

Cpt Jon signs up for quest #47.

I peck at a salad. Syntax's lunatical ramblings had left a bad taste in my mouth. Eventually, I'd have to break the news to him...

I sip from a glass of water as the newbie strolls in, grabbing people by the hair for no apparent reason.

"Welcome to the club."

Quest 47 Current Sign-ups:

Sorrow (played by Endgame)

Nagure (played by Costy)

Cpt. Jon (played by Skyrimguy)

I look around the quickly-emptying Hall. My plate is clean, my stomach full, my thirst quenched, many of my fellow heroes on a quest, and I have little to do but wait.

"I'm not doing anything while I wait. Anyone up for a trip to the Fields of Glory?"