Paul202

Crowkillers Lamborghini Gallardo/Murcielago in white?

I was wondering if it is possible to make a Lamborghini Gallardo/Murcielago in white, using the intrsutions from crowkillers. Has anybody done it before, or we the pieces needed to build it not available in white?

You can use bricklink to see if the white panels are available.

go to > bricklink <, click on parts and choose technic, panel.

I think that the panels you need are all available in white

I was going to try and do a White Gallardo for Joe Meno's BrickMagic show back in May and as soon as I realized that the smooth toggle joint 44.gif didn't come in white, I gave up on it... Lego also doesn't make a 16L white flex axle(Which you can add a connector to a 14L one)... And you can substitute this piece 6538c.gif for the Old style one 6538b.gif Other than that, all of the other parts can be found in White...

I still may make a white one with a black roof.. I think that would look kind of cool... :classic:

Or a roadster that has a non functioning roof so there will not be a roof in the model itself.

Bam.

white.jpg

This actually came out incredibly awesome. So much so that I may have to convert mine to look like this.

F$#K

Here I finish the largest collecting project I have ever done and now I find something else I want to build. I successfully stayed away from Pauls Murci since it seemed like everyone had built it but now I am thinking I have to have this.

I like the black roof, although I might just outline the windscreen in LBG and then keep the rest white.

Edit: Or actually... just leave the black windscreen (like it would actually be) and do the rest white

Render? ;)

Edited by nychase

YES Eric! That is EXACTLY what I was talking about!

Now the race is on to see who can get one done first... :classic:

Uh Oh.... Is that a 19L BLACK flex axle being used for the front winshield..? :oh3:

Bam.

That is the LAST thing I needed to see! :laugh:

White is my least favorite for Technic builds, but now I have a personality disorder!

This looks goooooooooood!

Great idea.

Uh Oh.... Is that a 19L BLACK flex axle being used for the front winshield..?

Checked the instructions - yes it is... U mad?

Lego should produce those things again and they better be quick with it.

Edited by captainmib

This looks goooooooooood!

Great idea.

Checked the instructions - yes it is... U mad?

Lego should produce those things again and they better be quick with it.

I am fairly certain that if anyone, Paul knew it was a black flex axle size 19. :laugh:

Thanks guys for the input and thank you, Blakbird, for your wonderful render. I will hopefully have an opportunity to start the Gallardo sometime soon.

And c'mon guys it's not that bad. You can get 4 19L flex axles on briclink for the low price of $1,897 each. :)

Edited by Paul202

Oh man! I just finished my Black Vampire GT last night and I come over here to have a look and I see this awesome render now my wallet just started crying.

I think I will leave this one for now and build it on during the holidays at the end of the year.

All I need now is a parts list so that I can start doing some homework!

Here I finish the largest collecting project I have ever done and now I find something else I want to build. I successfully stayed away from Pauls Murci since it seemed like everyone had built it but now I am thinking I have to have this.

Yes, I have also cursed myself for making the render and thereby needing this.

YES Eric! That is EXACTLY what I was talking about!

Now the race is on to see who can get one done first... :classic:

That race is going to be difficult. So, spurned on by this thread, I decided to update the model file and the instructions to make the car like the render. Turns out there are a couple of other parts which don't exist in white, but I was able to make a couple of small design changes to make it possible. I made a parts lists in Brickstore and then compared it with the original parts list. Of the 1523 parts in the original Gallardo, you need 433 new ones to change the car to white. About 1/3 of those are just pins and 2L axles because I got rid of the blue pins and red axles. Didn't sound that bad at first, but then I started looking at the parts. Some of them are exceedingly rare (or course the 19L black flex axle is the worst). Among the worst parts are 4ea #4 white angle connectors and 16ea white pin long with stop bush. I'm afraid that I was forced to clean out the majority of the worldwide supply in order to get 16 of them. There was no way to get the angle connectors so I had to buy an R2-D2 and a stormtrooper just to get them. Altogether, it required 14 different worldwide Bricklink orders to get these parts, and I still don't have the black flex axle! On the plus side, I will have a sweet white Gallardo and I'll probably sell the surplus red 5x11 panels I won't need any more.

No time for another render right now, but here is what it looks like in LDView. You can see a few of the changes including the older ridged axle connectors and the shorter 14L flex axle on the front fender.

white2.jpg

Edited by Blakbird

This is turning cut-throat.

Now we all know why I didn't mention building Rosco's cars until the collecting was done. There were already some parts that I had to buy everything available in the world!

Luckily for me.... I already had those white pins with bushes for Pauls car. I noticed they were a rare part and have purchased them any time they were up for grabs at a certain sellers store. With over 200 BL orders this year it wasn't too hard to amass plenty to make this happen.

Of course the real victim here is the original poster who "innocently" asked if it was feasible.

Not anymore!

I just put in about 10 orders myself about an hour ago... But it turns out that I ordered more White Bush pins than I needed, I forgot that there were like 16 red ones in the chassis in the instructions that were not necessary... I didn't realize it, but I actually had 6 #4 connectors on hand after I went and ordered 4 from 4 different people.... :wacko:

I also have enough white bushings and white friction pins on hand to do this right... I had to order 3L white axles and those white double split perpendicular connectors are also hard to come by... Luckily I stocked up heavily over the years on white flex axles in all sizes, believe it or not, I parted out about 10 8461 Williams sets about 9 years ago... Yeah, I know... :wink:

I knew there would be some simple modification to the rear corners due to the fact that thick 2L liftarms in white don't exist... Also ordered 2L white axles... I think that I can scrounge up a 19L black flex axle... :grin:

I don't know why, but when I seen this thread today, I just felt determined to do this model in white... And then when I seen the render, well, that was it.. It was going to happen...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Again,

Doesn't someone feel bad for the OP?

Poor guy didn't know what he was getting into.

Thats now 2 (3 if you count mine) that will exist before hes even checked back into this thread

Again,

Doesn't someone feel bad for the OP?

I do a little bit...

I have a fresh set of Black Chrome wheels that are going to look great on this... :sweet:

This is turning cut-throat.

It is indeed!

I changed my mind after seeing all the supplies dry up. Poor OP

Please post plenty of pics people!

I told you guys a technic supercar would be great in white, didn't I! :laugh: I'm not a fan of panels creating a patchwork of hidden parts and uneven holes all over the car as it distracts from the lines which should be the main focus, however this car with all it's panels does look absolutely freaking fantastic in white and the black roof. Would love to see a 1:8 scale version from TLG with new gearbox parts and proper steering/suspention geometries.

Edited by allanp

I actually prefer a Technic model done with the panels so that you can see traces of the mechanisms working inside. But I agree if the panels are just randomly placed and fitted into places in odd ways, it doesn't look very smooth. Paul has done an amazing job working with these new panels to get some really interesting angles, especially in the Vamp GT.

It looks like it is going to be too hard for me now to get parts to do one of these in white since you guys bought up everything. :tongue:

Maaaaaaaaybe the 2013 formula car has some new white parts and/or hoses...

But i just ordered a lot of black panels to build the vampire gt - this is just out of my league.

So much specific parts needed...

But can't wait to see it in real lego :thumbup: