Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Called TRU again today and THEY GOT THEM!

So happy! Definitely going tonight and picking up a few. :D :D

-Sci

Called TRU again today and THEY GOT THEM!

So happy! Definitely going tonight and picking up a few. :D :D

-Sci

ARGH. Which one is it? I recently came across some cash, so these these are in my range.

Burnsville. I still haven't gotten around to going. Will go within the next hour. I hope they don't sell out! :cry_sad:

-Sci

Crap. I'm stuck tending to a garage sale until late saturday night; they'll be sold out by the time I get there. :cry_sad:

Got back from TRU a while ago and this is what I got:

A box

2 DJs (YES!)

3 Pirates

2 Santas

2 Robots

2 Cowgirls

1 Businessman

1 Football Player

:/

-Sci

Looks like they're now avalible on the Lego website in the US. Might get a few. . . I'm really dying for a Conquistador!

Natick Lego store had them in stock for the first time today and I conducted a raid, acquiring the following:

1x Pirate King

1x Conquistador

1x Alien Queen

1x Banker

1x Lederhosen

1x Fairy

2x Evil Robot

3x Man-Bat

and after much searching

5x Diver.

Thoughts - Diver's helmet is incredibly easy to spot, it's a ridiculous massive element. ManBats have the tendency to come apart in the package, watch for the webbing. Alien Queens are easy based on the dress, and Fairy wings are a standout as well. The Cowgirls hat-hair is also larger than it looks.

Really helpful staff in the Manchester store helped me to get an Alien Queen, business man, actor, pirate captain and man bat. So far the actor is my favourite.

Going to get them all eventually but I think it's a bit more fun to get them bit by bit. I bought them all at once before and it wasn't as satisfying as finding a few at a time. Does anyone else agree?

I love the Actor. The faces are just perfect. I finally got an Alien Queen. I adore her just for the complexity. 2 part cloak, 3 part head, plus a 2 part ray gun? Woot! :sweet: plus I think her head looks a lot better with the opaque pink center head, than the AQ Alien Comander or Cyborgs do with the clear green center head. The Queens really makes the trans clear brain piece pop out at you much better. I had thought that the solid opaque head piece would be a con against the figure. Instead it vastly improved how it looks.

All I am missing now is the DJ, the Lederhosen dude and the Pirate.

PS I would be remiss in not pointing out, the Actor makes an absolutely fabulous addition to any Monster Fighters display, just by reversing the heads.

Edited by Faefrost

Really helpful staff in the Manchester store helped me to get an Alien Queen, business man, actor, pirate captain and man bat. So far the actor is my favourite.

Going to get them all eventually but I think it's a bit more fun to get them bit by bit. I bought them all at once before and it wasn't as satisfying as finding a few at a time. Does anyone else agree?

Nope, I prefer to make one long visit to gut the initial stock of desirable characters, and then be essentially done for four months. Collecting all 16 holds no appeal to me, I purchased 16 total but half of them with Divers and ManBats. Granted, this is a series more suited to the random purchase since it has few utterly undesirable minifigures, but especially with something like Series 6 - buy every Roman/Spartan/etc. they have and peace out. I guess if you're just into the completionist collect-them-all, bit by bit is more fun. But for an army builder, it's a bulk buy.

I got the newest Club Magazine today. The Minifigures page had some of them on it. But strangely, the Lederhosen guy was holding the extra plume as a quill or something. :P

-Sci

UK folks, hark!

Tesco Direct has added them to the website, so in-store appearances are probably not far behind. Hell, they're probably in YOUR store right now. I know they're not in MINE because I live in the sticks. But you, you've probably got them in your hands right now. Stop having fun! Stop it!

I'll add that using the Tesco Direct website right now is a terrible idea, as it's going utterly bonkers lobes-out mental at the moment. I'm able to look at pretty much everyone else's basket but mine. There's a certain voyeuristic charm to seeing what everyone else is buying, but I'm not trusting the site to sort out an order today, I think.

Edited by Bobsy

UK folks, hark!

Tesco Direct has added them to the website, so in-store appearances are probably not far behind. Hell, they're probably in YOUR store right now. I know they're not in MINE because I live in the sticks. But you, you've probably got them in your hands right now. Stop having fun! Stop it!

I read those stores aren't getting them until October.

-Sci

I went to the TRU in Maplewood to see if they had an HF set I wanted.. and all they had of series eight was an empty box. A little annoyed, but now I have something to store the minifigures in once I get them.

Pilkon Citymarket on Joensuu had loads of them (Also lot of serier 7). Only place where I have seen them so far, none of my fellow Finnish AFOLs have reprted them. Strangely Joensuu's centrum's Citymarkert didn't have them. I belive they are supposed to be released on the 1st of September.

I went throught Toys'r'us, BR-Lelut, Minimani and Prisma at Ideapark (Lempäälä), Kodin1 at Turtola (Tampere) and Prisma Kaleva (Tampere) and Citymarket Turtola (Tampere).

And Citymarket was the only one that had them on wednesday morning last week, 29.8.2012 that is.

Bought 10 bags randomly from avail 4 opened cases and got these:

Evil Robot (#1) x2

Football Player (#5)

Diver (#6)

Downhill Skier (#7)

Businessman (#8)

Santa (#10)

Vampire Bat (#11)

DJ (#12) x2

Price.. 2,25 eur per bag.

Amazon.it seems to have these at ~115 eur per case at the moment, immediate avaibility.

Nope, I prefer to make one long visit to gut the initial stock of desirable characters, and then be essentially done for four months. Collecting all 16 holds no appeal to me, I purchased 16 total but half of them with Divers and ManBats. Granted, this is a series more suited to the random purchase since it has few utterly undesirable minifigures, but especially with something like Series 6 - buy every Roman/Spartan/etc. they have and peace out. I guess if you're just into the completionist collect-them-all, bit by bit is more fun. But for an army builder, it's a bulk buy.

Yep I'm definitely a completionist collect them all kinda person. I can sort of understand army building but it's totally not for me. The man bats are definitely the best of this set though and if I was to army build it would be with them.

I got all 16 plus a fairy, cowgirl and bavarian for my mom in the Fashion Valley mall in San Diego. I honestly really love all of them. Not a fan of the business man, cheerleader or the conquistador but overall it's a great series! Love the fairy, cowgirl and diver! :thumbup:

Santa is indeed difficult to find! I went to the Fashion Valley Mall yesterday, and finally found it! The "pink fur" isn't that bad, and the Santa minifig is actually quite nice. The fairy was easy to find, but the DJ also took pretty long.

I also got another conquistador (the helmet is easily recongnizable).

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I picked up 9 different CMS 8 figures yesterday at TLS in Raleigh, NC. My favorite is a toss up between the Bavarian (search for the pretzel) and the actor (the collar feels like a doughnut, which is a round pastry with a hole in the center in the US.)

It would be great to see more females in the line up as we do comprise over half the population I think.

And we may actually pay for more LEGO than males do since most moms and grandmoms tend to buy presents for children at least in the US.

If we added up the all time number of minifigs that are male vs. female, some of us might cry for days due to the lack of females.

This is getting old, and I would guess that more females in a set would really bump up sales. Of course as a lark, we could suggest that LEGO make 90% female and 10% male minifigs for the next 10 years or so to catch up!

Wow, that would be fun for many of us, certainly the females!

What the heck, we can always dream, can't we!