Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Guts muttered under his breath, barely hearable to anyone: "Course I wasn't there, beating up my friends, in another country ,sounds like a terrible idea..."

More clearly, with an expression only slightly more grumpy than usual, Guts held up the clear bottle and said to Tarn: "You know why I brought this stuff to the table? You know I usually drink wine, imported from Charis, the good stuff, if at all possible. Scheherazade won't like that I took the whole bottle... But this, Valco, is what they call Ennoc's Wine. It's not even wine, more like a kind of gin, but besides the point. The thing that's special about this stuff is that there is a special kind of plant in it, one that for some reason only grows near temples and shrines dedicated to Ennoc. Stuff is supposed to kill your inner demons, figured you could use it."

Guts nudged slightly in Hybros' direction, and added out of the Imp's field of hearing:

"Yeah... I'm kinda wondering what it does to ACTUAL demons."

Guts turned his head back to Tarn, and said:

"The least it can give is a full night of clear sleep, you look like you could use that as well. "

Edited by Scubacarrot

Guts muttered under his breath, barely hearable to anyone: "Course I wasn't there, beating my friends up overseas sounds like a terrible idea..."

More clearly, with an expression only slightly more grumpy than usual, Guts held up the clear bottle and said to Tarn: "You know why I brought this stuff to the table? You know I usually drink wine, imported from Charis, the good stuff, if at all possible. Scheherazade won't like that I took the whole bottle... But this, Valco, is what they call Ennoc's Wine. It's not even wine, more like a kind of gin, but besides the point. The thing that's special about this stuff is that there is a special kind of plant in it, one that for some reason only grows near temples and shrines dedicated to Ennoc. Stuff is supposed to kill your inner demons, figured you could use it."

Guts nudged slightly in Hybros' direction, and added out of the Imp's field of hearing:

"Yeah... I'm kinda wondering what it does to ACTUAL demons."

Guts turned his head back to Tarn, and said:

"The least it can give is a full night of clear sleep, you look like you could use that as well. "

"Mind if I have a swig? The result should be interesting at the very least."

Edited by Endgame

"Mind if I have a swig? The result should be interesting at the very least."

Guts throws an annoyed look the dead thing's way and says:

"I'm having a conversation with this man here, it's rude to listen in. And this stuff's expensive and more importantly rare. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I somehow doubt you need sustenance, or alcohol, judging by the way you look."

Guts paused for what seemed like a long time, before adding:

"No offense."

Guts throws an annoyed look the dead thing's way and says:

"I'm having a conversation with this man here, it's rude to listen in. And this stuff's expensive and more importantly rare. I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I somehow doubt you need sustenance, or alcohol, judging by the way you look."

Guts paused for what seemed like a long time, before adding:

"No offense."

"To be fair, Mr. Guts Holla...

I put extra emphasis on his name.

I could've easily just swiped the bottle with these here sticky gloves and you wouldn't even notice until I had downed the entire thing. It appears that even when I try to be polite, me being undead still makes me a hated abomination. Hahahahahaha. A pity, but I'll make due.

And honestly, Mr Holla, I'm more interested in the "inner demons" part. Considering for the past 48 hours I've been hearing screams in my head... I could use a glass."

Edited by Endgame

Guts raises an eyebrow, this should be good.

"So. You can read a note I just put up or you heard others call me that, good job. And those gloves sure look gorgeous on you, but I have you know that before you could even come close to steal from me your neck would either be broken, the usual option of a slit throat is unreliable when dealing with something like yourself, or your right arm would be severed, all depending from which angle and with which hand you would come at me.

You are clearly not living, but not really dead, which puts your age at unknown, but by the way you wear your cloak and something in your speech I'd say you are quite old. Still, the way you act, I'd say you died at moderate young age and haven't outgrown the behaviour that comes with it, despite the years. Now, I'll be honest, I'd prefer to have nothing to do with you, sure, but I have no reason to turn hostile on you here, now, as long as you don't... inconvenience me.

So, undead, Helvetia's creature, or whatever you call yourself, begone. "

Guts raises an eyebrow, this should be good.

"So. You can read a note I just put up or you heard others call me that, good job. And those gloves sure look gorgeous on you, but I have you know that before you could even come close to steal from me your neck would either be broken, the usual option of a slit throat is unreliable when dealing with something like yourself, or your right arm would be severed, all depending from which angle and with which hand you would come at me.

You are clearly not living, but not really dead, which puts your age at unknown, but by the way you wear your cloak and something in your speech I'd say you are quite old. Still, the way you act, I'd say you died at moderate young age and haven't outgrown the behaviour that comes with it, despite the years. Now, I'll be honest, I'd prefer to have nothing to do with you, sure, but I have no reason to turn hostile on you here, now, as long as you don't... inconvenience me.

So, undead, Helvetia's creature, or whatever you call yourself, begone. "

"Define "begone". "Move 10 feet away from you" begone (this is a rather curious hall: it seems like no matter what the distance, you can still hear somone) Or "get the hell out of this hall and go back in your grave, you bastard" begone?

I'll put this simply, Mr. Holla. I'm going absolutely insane. The only way to stave off the effects is to make others insane. Sure, it is a placebo, but atleast it makes the screams go down a notch. Ever had your death replay, every detail intact? Over and over and over? It's not a pleasant experience."

"Define "begone". "Move 10 feet away from you" begone (this is a rather curious hall: it seems like no matter what the distance, you can still hear somone) Or "get the hell out of this hall and go back in your grave, you bastard" begone?

I'll put this simply, Mr. Holla. I'm going absolutely insane. The only way to stave off the effects is to make others insane. Sure, it is a placebo, but atleast it makes the screams go down a notch. Ever had your death replay, every detail intact? Over and over and over? It's not a pleasant experience."

Guts said dryly:

"I really don't care."

Guts said dryly:

"I really don't care."

"Such a heroic response. Aren't you supposed to help those in need?"

I tap on my heart and then raise my arms into the air.

"Go ahead. Do it. Do what I've been wanting to do for 390 years. End my suffering and your annoyances. Or are you too noble for that? face it, neither of us are saints: I might even be considered a demon in some circles. So, remove me from this equation and let both of us (or rather, only you) go on with our lives."

I snickered. It was unlikely that he'd do it, but if he does, oh well. Besides, taunting these people is far too much fun to pass up. Win/win!

"Hmpf, who I help is my own business, and you have not the slightest clue what I am, undead."

With that, Guts turned his back at the thing, clearly not interested in more talk.

I mumble to myself.

"Experiment: success."

"Such predictable creatures, all of these heroes. It just takes a few minutes of careful observations and most anyone's mind can be boiled down to a syntax. Amazing how some of the minds of the strongest warriors of Eubric can be reduced to a simple pattern. No matter, I've got some string pulling to do... very, very, soon..."

Tarn accepted Guts' gift of the Ennoc's Wine with a wan smile. He wasn't sure if Guts really meant all that about it being good for the soul, but the young Barbarian was still haunted by events in Dastan so thought it was worth a try.

He ignored as best he could, the presence of the undead figure in the cloak. Tarn was unpleasantly reminded of some of the vile creatures he had faced on Quests such as Crozen Porthiar's burial chamber, but put those thoughts aside too and quaffed the wine straight from the bottle. It went down a little too fast and he started choking, but other than that the liquid was a fiery yet strangely mellow concoction.

Guts watched with an eyebrow raised how Tarn drank the strong alcohol straight from the bottle, it was not long after and the barbarian was snoring in his chair.

The Raider shook his head, kids these days.

"Are you quite positive about this?"

"Absolutely."

"Because once I've gone, I won't be allowed to come back till the Quest is over."

"Sign up for it!"

Thothwick signs his name under Quest #44: My Best Friend.

Tarn slept, the powerful effect of Ennoc's Wine gripping him almost immediately, his mind playing over the maelstrom of feelings he was having.

He was alone, facing all the other Dastan heroes. They were catcalling and insulting, even his friends like Atramor and Nyx, and at the centre was Constance, the head of the Dragon Knights, who leered at him. He looked down, and saw the Bomb XX in his hand. He shouted, and threw it at the arrayed heroes. An explosion of light and power scorched him, flaying the skin from his bones until he looked like the unddead creature in the Hall. Everyone else was untouched, save Constance, who collapsed, a trickle of blood spilling from her mouth, looking stark against the paleness of her face. The assembled heroes pointed at him, and shouted "Murderer!" and other foul swears in Titaanian.

Then they were gone, vanished, and Ella Septrine stood next to him, cald in her maroon dress as always. The young daughter of Emperor Septrine smiled softly at the skeletal Tarn, and gently touched the hole where his cheek would have been. "Tarn, you have to let this go. No-one blames you for what you did. You made a choice and you fought for what you believe in. That is all a hero can do. You battled bravely for Dastan alongside everyone else, and you saved it. The Empire will thrive thanks to the efforts of you and all the other heroes."

He stared at her, seeing and seemingly understanding for the first time the forlorn wisdom of epochs contained in her eyes, a contrast to the carefree youth of her beautiful face. "This... this is a dream!", said Tarn, never the sharpest cutting implement in the drawer.

"No my dear, no it isn't," smiled Ella, her touch restoring his skin. "Go forward in peace, Tarn. Let your experiences in Dastan guide you as all tragic events must, but do not be a slave to them. Do not let them overshadow everything you have done and everything you can do in the future. I believe in you, and I know one day you will return to me, absent of burden, and we shall rejoice together."

OOC: Hope my use of Ella is OK here, Zepher.

IC: De'kra watched with concern as Tarn seemed to tremble in his sleep. The echo could only stare, unsure of how to proceed. De'kra didn't need sleep, didn't need to rest. The oly reason he did was to recover health, and to dream. To visit his memories and past, to witness the grand city of Metru-Nui unfold before him, dreams werea sanctuary. Their only downside was that they all ended, leaving him sad. But he had never had a painful dream, not like that. What was he suppose to do.

Gradually the barbarian relaxed, easing De'kra for the moment. Despite the calm the echo continued to glance at the hero, just in case.

~The sign-ups to the Unlimited Quest have been re-opened, and will continue until the 9th of September!~

Benji walks into the hall after returning from the unlimited quest and spending his newfound gold at the marketplace.

"Good to be back! It looks like Quest #44 is leaving soon... can't wait!"

Benji notices that Bartholomew is selling an item for pretty cheap so he walks over.

heroica-venom.jpgVenom - Use on a weapon to make it cause a Poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A Poisoned enemy loses 1 Health each turn. 3 Gold (you save 2 Gold compared to Portia's price)

"Hello Bart! If you still have this venom for sale then I'd be interested in buying it from you for your price of 3 gold!"

"Hello Bart! If you still have this venom for sale then I'd be interested in buying it from you for your price of 3 gold!"

"Certainly, Master... Carvenhall, correct?"

I hand Benji the Venom and accept the 3 Gold.

Hybros sat alone in the hall. It was time to visit the Copper Fox. He stood up and headed to the training room, feeling a bit light headed. He stumbled around a bit before reaching the doors, and pushed them open. The Copper Fox was waiting, standing in the center of the room as if expecting someone to walk in.

"Back again, Hybros? How can I help you this time?"

"I would like to... train in the ways of magic, eheh."

"Very well. I see you have an emerald ready, and your scythe is imbued with the power of earth. You wish to wield the power of stone and tree, then?"

"Yes... it was... is, the practice of my people. I wish to become a Sorcerer."

Looking a bit confused, the Fox continued, "...Very well then." He lead Hybros out of the training room, and they walked for some time until they reached Eubric's northern wall. They headed into the woods. "Now, I want you to concentrate. Focus on your inner energy. Channel that through your emerald and your scythe. Imagine the forest around us acting on your command."

Hybros closed his eyes and concentrated. He tried to recall how the ancient race of the imps harnessed the power of wood and earth. But the memory was like a dream after waking up. The images of his people started to fade, and new ones started to form. Ones of anger, and ruthless killing. He thought back to how he had slain so many enemies while in Guffington's dream with little effort. It may have been a dream, but what if nothing had changed upon waking up? What if more people were destined to fall to Zoot's Reaper, its wielder a cold-blooded killer. And not just enemies, allies too. Anyone that encountered him. The weapon started to shake in his hands, and from it came whispers that made the imp shudder. It whispered evil things into his head. How long? How many people would he have to ruthlessly kill until he got what he wanted? To reunite with his people? Maybe they didn't even exist. Maybe he was all alone in this world, destined to kill until...

He opened his eyes. The Copper Fox was looking expectantly at him, standing in the afternoon sun. Zoot's Reaper was still, resting peacefully in his hands.

"Is something wrong?"

"I cannot do it... wield this magic. It is impossible..."

"Not impossible. Perhaps you need more time. More experience. You are an Assassin, which means you have the traits of a Ranger as well. Rangers are very much in tune with their natural surroundings, take some time to connect with that. There is a quest still open in the hall, sign into it. And during your travels, remember what I have told you."

Hybros nodded slowly, a bit dazed. He stepped out of the training hall, back to the saloon to sit and think. He would later sign up for Quest #44: My Best Friend. He did need some time to connect...

Very tired after their trip to the fields of glory, slaying direwolves is after all tiresome work, especially when there seems to be an infinite number of them, Namyrra walked slowly into the Hall, on her way stopping at the Quest Board to make sure she was still signed up for Quest #44, before finally finding a comfy chair in a quiet corner to get some rest.

IC: De'kra observed Hybros sitting alone. The echo carefully stood up, and walked over to where the Imp rested. "You okay," he clicked, "Is something wrong?"

Guts stared at the Questing Board for a while. Surely they had enough people to help that girl find her 'friend'. Enough Heroes had signed up they could cover every street in the city in a few hours, they could even do it in pairs if they wanted to.

Guts sighed, and signed up for Quest #44 regardless. It was not like he had anything better to do.

After checking the quest #44 list to make sure her name is still there, Cinna sees Namyrra at a quiet table and decides to join her.

"Hi Namyrra, it was great to quest with another powerful magic user. Really too bad about those sealing though, I wonder what went wrong. So many wolves, we used so much time on them for one point." She laughs lightly remembering how they kept spawning over and over. "Was it your first time using the scroll? I've actually never used a scroll myself."

"Certainly, Master... Carvenhall, correct?"

I hand Benji the Venom and accept the 3 Gold.

"Yessir, Benji Carvenhall's my name. Thanks for the venom. Will I be seeing you on Quest #44?"

After checking the quest #44 list to make sure her name is still there, Cinna sees Namyrra at a quiet table and decides to join her.

"Hi Namyrra, it was great to quest with another powerful magic user. Really too bad about those sealing though, I wonder what went wrong. So many wolves, we used so much time on them for one point." She laughs lightly remembering how they kept spawning over and over. "Was it your first time using the scroll? I've actually never used a scroll myself."

"Hey Cinna! Ready for questin'? I must say that because of the unlimited quest, I have really appreciated my role of assassin - it really worked out for me well... except those dang wolves! :laugh:"

"Yessir, Benji Carvenhall's my name. Thanks for the venom. Will I be seeing you on Quest #44?"

"Pleased to meet you, Master Carvenhall.

"No, I will not be signing up for Quest 44. There's something I need to buy from another hero, and he's out on a quest right now, so I must wait for him to return."

"Hey Cinna! Ready for questin'? I must say that because of the unlimited quest, I have really appreciated my role of assassin - it really worked out for me well... except those dang wolves! :laugh:"

"I can't help but overhear - you recently returned from the Fields of Glory, no? Are those Direwolves still there? Annoying things, those. More than twice as tall as a man when I last faced them - I have no idea how one of them was able to disguise himself as a sheep, even if Master Donauld's sheep are larger than men. They just kept coming and coming and coming..."