ZCerberus

SoF: Heartlake Tower

Lord Rex,

In all my travels I have never seen such a wonder as Heartlake Tower. Located in the Mystic Isles on the Island of Friendsington near the heart-shaped lake sits the blue and white beauty and its fierce Amazonian (and Avalonian) inhabitants.

Throughout Historica's provinces, I have come across square, round, octagonal and even spikey towers, but this must be the first heart-shaped tower ever to be seen in all of Historica. The unusual inhabitants, flying a rainbow guild standard, also have developed a new weapon of war, the CAT-apult. Don't be fooled by the cuddle appearance of its projectiles, they are ferocious beasts than will tear your heart out in your sleep. What's more, I am highly troubled by the lack of male figures on the island. I fear they eat the men for food with their tea and keep their hats as trophies or inventory in their roadside hat store.

On thing is certain about the residents of Friendsington, they sure are industrious!

Your loyal servant,

Trian Burress

7889759388_6e712fc7b5_c.jpg

7889759480_c81aa4c168_c.jpg

7889760934_f61c2b42d8_c.jpg

7889760758_174fbf92fa_c.jpg

7889760638_b1ab3c8579_c.jpg

Flickr Set

This was fun, but after I decided to do it in medium blue, some of the options dried up. Like the towers at Brickworld, this build is 24 x 24 on the base. The wind was blowing when I tried to take these, so I ditch the nice clean background for the dirty stucco. Oh well! Heartlake Tower is taller than all the other towers in my Historica collection- save for Avalonia.

I did NOT see that one coming, great job! default_laugh_new.gif

you take photos outdoors?

That's just awesome. It really has the feel of the Guilds but then it's friendsified.

I also didn't know you had that much friends stuff. Really great build though.

From the last picture: "EAT PIE or die" :)

Cute :) those are some fearsome kittens

My favorite part: the girl painting in blue. That is just awesome detail :))

Great job! Love all the light blue and the two covered windows stick out from the top of the tower look great. :thumbup:

I did NOT see that one coming, great job! default_laugh_new.gif

you take photos outdoors?

Well my next build will be more traditional.

I do take them outside. It was TOO sunny and windy today, so the shots were a bit dark under my out door tin shed thingy, but I didn't want to wait on it.

Albion Vulcan Hall is up next!

Excellent work Z! I love the detail of the not-quite-finished painting of the tower :thumbup:

The heart shape top is amazing :laugh:

Great stuff, launch the killer kitties!!

Gives me some ideas for some genetic kitty experiments over in Dr Rod's tower... :devil:

Dr Rod

Hahaha, oh wow. :oh: Nice work Z, that is one scary tower! Enemies must quake in fear before it's overwhelming pastelness and mewling catapults. But the real question is - did they mean it to paint it medium blue, or did they just buy an inferior brand of medium azure paint that dries duller? The warrior with the roller argues for the latter... :wink:

Hahaha, oh wow. :oh: Nice work Z, that is one scary tower! Enemies must quake in fear before it's overwhelming pastelness and mewling catapults. But the real question is - did they mean it to paint it medium blue, or did they just buy an inferior brand of medium azure paint that dries duller? The warrior with the roller argues for the latter... :wink:

Paint almost ALWAYS dries to a lighter shade. It is totally just wet. The real question is where is her paint bucket?

Paint almost ALWAYS dries to a lighter shade. It is totally just wet. The real question is where is her paint bucket?

You do mean that paint dries darker, right? Otherwise i've been habitually overtinting my mixes for nothing for the past umpteen years. :wink: Anyway, it's clear to me that she's just using a magical +1 ever-replenishing roller with super fine edge control. You can find them in all the best Kaliphlin stores. :tongue:

Ah, yes, Heartlake Tower! I stayed there for a while in my younger, wilder, and more single days. Back then it was also known as Castle Anthrax. I remember particularly enjoying the company of an Amazonian there by the name of Zoot; just Zoot. I told her I was known as Sir Gex the Dallying. If only damn Lord Flagg hadn't come along and 'rescued' me so early, going on and on about some great peril and a chalice or whatnot...

Really love the heart-shape and CAT-apult. Very nicely done!

Awesome tower! :classic:

the kitten launch is cool and the unfinished wall being panted is brilliant :thumbup:

Wow! The Friend painting the wall with a roller brings back too many horrible memories....must have painted about 50 entire houses in and out in my lifetime. But you did this build so well!

Love the windows jutting out at the top....such a cute touch!

Your colors and design are wonderrrrrrrful!