Sign in to follow this  
-DoNe-

-Rock Raiders Dio-

So here is my first Rock raiders MOC! And some of you may ask how the heck I did come up with the ide of building Rock Raiders, the answer is pretty easy. You, I´m going to move on the 7 of September so we where cleaning the attic and my mum found my old RR game, and after some fixing I got it running on my Vista, and I was stuck. I knew from that moment that I just would have to make a RR dio and here is the first in a little series of RR dios I will make (they will not come very quick after each other due to lack of parts, and money...).

7865004242_4e9272cd54_c.jpg

7865005240_6dcba6909f_z.jpg

Hope you like it!

Edited by -DoNe-

The cave is fantastic. I love the blending of shapes and colours. Can't wait for more! :excited:

Thanks a ton for the kind words Purple!

Good MOC, the cave is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's nice to see Rock Raiders again :wink:

Two things:

1: Doesn't this belong in the SciFi forum?

2: I've just built some Rock Raider MOCs myself, nice to know I'm not the only one building with RR.

Overall, I love the MOC, although the cave seems to be a little too low for the vehicle (probably the Chrome Crusher by the looks of it) to pas through.

Awesome work! If have enough parts, you should definitely make a multi-level cave.

I have plans on somewhat a two leveld caven default_classic.gif

ah, childhood memories. Excellent cave. It's good to see some rockraiders again.

Thanks!

Could you please reduce the first pic's size to 800 pixels maximum, as per our Member Guidelines? Thank you.

Sorry for the misstake, fixed it!

I never liked Rock Raiders but this is crazy cool!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: (I miss Power Miners though :sad: ).

You didn´t? I thought everybody liked them default_tong.gif But yea, Power miners was pretty cool, atleast the first batch.

Good MOC, the cave is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

Many thanks!

It's nice to see Rock Raiders again :wink:

default_classic.gif

This is an interesting MOC. I LOVE the cave :classic: ! What minifigs did you use to make the characters?

Thank you! And the minifigs are the basic Rock Raiders figs default_blink.gif

Two things:

1: Doesn't this belong in the SciFi forum?

2: I've just built some Rock Raider MOCs myself, nice to know I'm not the only one building with RR.

Overall, I love the MOC, although the cave seems to be a little too low for the vehicle (probably the Chrome Crusher by the looks of it) to pas through.

1: I wasen´t sure myself but after looking throught the themes I discovered that this was counted as an action theme so I guess it belong here.

2: Will you be posting any of them here?

The cave is a bit higher in the middle and it is pssobile to get the Chrome Chrusher in rom the back, but I got a bit tired of it so after 15 mintues

of failing I simply took of the laser default_tong.gif

I just wish I had the parts to make a rock background for it like you did. Any suggestions for low-part alternatives?

The idea of Rock Raiders was great, but I think the theme suffered of the juniorization (big pieces, less detail), something very common that time. I think the colours were great, and I like the minifigs. As far as my knowledge goes, none of the sets contained stickers, all were printed pieces. A big advantage to me.

Nice idea to use official sets in a diorama you designed by yourself. Nice pictures as well. I think the mix of old and new gray adds realism. :thumbup:

Edited by Richie

It's remarkable how the big pieces argument, while true, contrasts with the amount of small parts used for detail.

I just wish I had the parts to make a rock background for it like you did. Any suggestions for low-part alternatives?

Hmm, I think you would use the big finished mountin-parts, and just cover the visible studs up with for example cheese slopes and some 1x2 slopes.

The idea of Rock Raiders was great, but I think the theme suffered of the juniorization (big pieces, less detail), something very common that time. I think the colours were great, and I like the minifigs. As far as my knowledge goes, none of the sets contained stickers, all were printed pieces. A big advantage to me.

Nice idea to use official sets in a diorama you designed by yourself. Nice pictures as well. I think the mix of old and new gray adds realism. :thumbup:

Yes, they where all printed default_laugh2.gif

And thank you for your kind words!

Thanks for the advice! I might decide to do a variation, as I have a lot of the lava-version of that piece.

Thanks for the advice! I might decide to do a variation, as I have a lot of the lava-version of that piece.

A combo with ordinary 75 degreese slopes and pre-fab mountain pieces sounds awesome!

You deffently have to try that out!

Very nice, I dreamt of something like that when I had my first Rock Raiders set :laugh:

only it was brown (to match the builders and rock monster). Great job :thumbup:

Very nice, I dreamt of something like that when I had my first Rock Raiders set :laugh:

only it was brown (to match the builders and rock monster). Great job :thumbup:

Thanks Sebeus mate!

Wow, impressive! There was a time a few years ago when I rediscovered the RR game, too, and all I could think of for the next couple of months was how sad I was to have missed out on that line; Power Miners, like any remake theme, was of little consolation to me. =J

I'd still have liked to have had some Rock Raiders sets, though. =)

Ah! I love this! You, sir, are Awesome! This a great Dio for the Rock Raider, one of my favorite themes, and you display them very well too! Keep bricking!

~Insectoid Aristocrat