Hello all, I'm Heavyfishcannon. I've been a fan of Lego in separated bursts. I got a lot as a kid, came back to get the Viking longboat and some Jelly bean knights, before leaving again. I returned to lego most recently with the Indy and superhero sets.

I mainly collect and build Lego to play games of Brikwars, and I reside on that forum under the same name, so feel free to visit the madhouse! :devil:

I came to this forum because I was interested in the decals, and because I may want to do some reviews here.

Now here comes the confused N00b part: I registered on the forum, and I've been looking for Capt. Kirk's decal thread, and I've tried searching for it and checking members, but It says don't have acess to it! :cry_sad: Do I need to actually contribute something to get acess to it, or is there more to it?

Now here comes the confused N00b part: I registered on the forum, and I've been looking for Capt. Kirk's decal thread, and I've tried searching for it and checking members, but It says don't have acess to it! :cry_sad: Do I need to actually contribute something to get acess to it, or is there more to it?

Welcome to Eurobricks! :thumbup:

Everyone was new once. Before you can check members or sending private messages - you need to have 10 posts. So starting here is a great place, hop over to some of the forums and look around. Once you get 10 posts it automatically unlocks! :sweet:

Greetings Heavyfishcannon - welcome to Eurobricks!

With a username like yours it's a wonder you're into into LEGO Pirates. :grin:

Greetings Heavyfishcannon - welcome to Eurobricks!

With a username like yours it's a wonder you're into into LEGO Pirates. :grin:

I got aa couple of the newer sets, I recall the set with a redcoat port being the epicenter of my battles, even though I got the Crystal Skull Temple later that year!

I got aa couple of the newer sets, I recall the set with a redcoat port being the epicenter of my battles, even though I got the Crystal Skull Temple later that year!

Most excellent - you could possibly MOC the two of them together for some interesting results. :classic:

Thanks for all the kind words! I had 2 questions that probably both have very easy answers, but I can't find them anywhere, so I'll ask them here:

1. Can I do reviews without being a member of the academy? (I know anyone can join, but I don't quite feel I meet the 2 full set criteria to get started. Any set I get is typically sent into the "bit's bins" after I've built it.)

2. Can I join the Heroica games now, or do they do some first level quests at a set time to get new recruits?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the kind words! I had 2 questions that probably both have very easy answers, but I can't find them anywhere, so I'll ask them here:

1. Can I do reviews without being a member of the academy? (I know anyone can join, but I don't quite feel I meet the 2 full set criteria to get started. Any set I get is typically sent into the "bit's bins" after I've built it.)

2. Can I join the Heroica games now, or do they do some first level quests at a set time to get new recruits?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone on EB is free to post reviews; there are no restrictions at all. The Academy strives to improve the overall quality of reviews posted on Eurobricks, and offers teaching and tips in photography, review structure and written skills, and is a voluntary programme.

The Heroica game is open to everyone. The Heroica index is a good place to start. You have to sign up for quests, and may only post in them if chosen, but every so often someone will host a quest designed for new starters and low-level questers.