Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Yet another Super Star Destroyer Executor...

4589.png

Have you tried searching for this piece both with and without the little rim below the stud? It might make a difference in availability.

In fact that's not a piece that worries me. I need 8 of them, and I think I have some in my old unsorted lego.

Who's SSD to build.. Anio's, yours, or mortesv's.. decisions decisions.

I've got 2 10221's for this endeavor. My UCS Star Destroyer is not coming apart.

Thoughts?

I've got 2 10221's for this endeavor. My UCS Star Destroyer is not coming apart.

Thoughts?

I would build this one if I had the choice skayen

Edited by Dapper-D2

I would build this one if I had the choice skayen

Sadly Skayen seems to have stopped it, but it was an amazing concept.

Thoughts?

The 3 are different.

Mortesv's is an update of the 10221 that makes it look really nicer.

Anio's is an original build, with the size of the 10221 (124cm), and with complete instructions.

Mine's is also an original design, but much longer (160cm) and haven't yet been brick-built, so no instructions at the moment since they could change during the build (but lxf file available).

I'll let you decide :wink:

Too bad Skayen seems to have abandoned his project, i really liked his Executor! The use of 1x4 wedges was an innovative approach, but the shape of the main hull turned out beautiful and quite accurate to the reference pictures.

But to be honest, any one of your MOCed versions of the SSD is so much better than the official release. The attention to detail you guys put into your models makes following the updates in your topics a real treat. I can't wait to see more progress picures while you are making your concept in the brick Bob De Quatre!

Too bad Skayen seems to have abandoned his project, i really liked his Executor! The use of 1x4 wedges was an innovative approach, but the shape of the main hull turned out beautiful and quite accurate to the reference pictures.

heh, thanks, but I haven't completely abandoned it---I just needed to take a break from it for awhile. I had been working on it on/off for several months and I just needed to do something else for a long while. I'll resume it sometime soon :-)

cheers

John

heh, thanks, but I haven't completely abandoned it---I just needed to take a break from it for awhile. I had been working on it on/off for several months and I just needed to do something else for a long while. I'll resume it sometime soon :-)

cheers

John

Good news :thumbup:

Thoughts?

That is a tough choice - all three (4 with Skayen's) mocs/mod represent their own unique interpretation of the Executor.

Regarding my mod, I had a lot of fun rebuilding my 10221, but I also have a lot of patience and perhaps I used too much time on the project :laugh: Even now I still find some obscure detail to tweak from time to time. That said, should you decide to mod the 10221 you could probably do it in the 10th of the time it took me because you would have a much better idea of what to do. You would still need some parts that is not in the 10221 so there is no getting around Bricklink :wink:

Whatever you chose I hope you post your progress here - and I would be more than happy to assist you in any way I can :classic:

Cheers

Morten

cheers

John

Nice to see you're still around skayen! And i'm really glad to hear you didn't abandon the project after all. I hope we'll be seeing some updates soon? :wink:

And Taiphun, i do agree with mortesv: whatever design you choose to make, i do hope you post your progress here on EB. I love following projects like this from start to finish! :sweet:

I placed a few orders on Bricklink but I have a few questions:

Is 1,555€ a good price for 3703 Technic Brick 1 x 16 with Holes in Light Bluish Gray?

Is 1,22€ a good price for 3027 Plate 6 x 16 In Light Bluish Gray?

The 4266 Wheel 20 x 30 Technic in Light Bluish Gray doesn't exist. May I use some Old Gray instead and will it look ok?

For now I've bought or plan to bought in these stores:

Byggeklodsen parts (order placed)

Bruno's brick depot

1001 bricks

1234bricks

But I'm still missing some parts, so I'm in search of good sellers.

I've never used bricklink before, so I'm a little nervous :wink:

I placed a few orders on Bricklink but I have a few questions:

Is 1,555€ a good price for 3703 Technic Brick 1 x 16 with Holes in Light Bluish Gray?

Is 1,22€ a good price for 3027 Plate 6 x 16 In Light Bluish Gray?

The 4266 Wheel 20 x 30 Technic in Light Bluish Gray doesn't exist. May I use some Old Gray instead and will it look ok?

For now I've bought or plan to bought in these stores:

Byggeklodsen parts (order placed)

Bruno's brick depot

1001 bricks

1234bricks

But I'm still missing some parts, so I'm in search of good sellers.

I've never used bricklink before, so I'm a little nervous :wink:

About the prices, they are always fluctuating, but you can compare across all shops if you just search for the item number in the main search area.

Regarding mixing Old grey with bley - it WILL stand out and be noticeable. You are using the wheels for engines right? They will have a yellowish/brownish sheen to them compared to the rest of the model. Perhaps it will look cool, but it could possibly throw off the sense of scale you want to achieve.

About the prices, they are always fluctuating, but you can compare across all shops if you just search for the item number in the main search area.

Regarding mixing Old grey with bley - it WILL stand out and be noticeable. You are using the wheels for engines right? They will have a yellowish/brownish sheen to them compared to the rest of the model. Perhaps it will look cool, but it could possibly throw off the sense of scale you want to achieve.

The wheels are for the engines. I don't see any alternative other than brickbuilt them with 3063 or 85080.

The wheels are for the engines. I don't see any alternative other than brickbuilt them with 3063 or 85080.

Well, you could buy bricks for both solutions - or at least enough for a test of each. Personally I always buy bricks for several alternative solutions in these cases. For example have I just used about 12 euros for 10 alternate solutions of a mod of a single detail of the upcoming 10227 B-wing. I'm insane :laugh:

Well, you could buy bricks for both solutions - or at least enough for a test of each. Personally I always buy bricks for several alternative solutions in these cases. For example have I just used about 12 euros for 10 alternate solutions of a mod of a single detail of the upcoming 10227 B-wing. I'm insane :laugh:

You'll send us the best mod of course :wink:

I'll see what I can do... I don't have a lot of money to spend on this project, ans I need so much parts...

A little update...

I just received the first bricklink order. 700 bricks, so only 4000 left :grin:

The seller sent me 2 technic wheels instead of 14... so my SSD will only have one engine instead of 13 :sweet:

A little update...

I just received the first bricklink order. 700 bricks, so only 4000 left :grin:

The seller sent me 2 technic wheels instead of 14... so my SSD will only have one engine instead of 13 :sweet:

QUICK TIP:

Dont build it with only ONE engine!

The power relays and alluvial dampers will overload FOR SURE!!

QUICK TIP:

Dont build it with only ONE engine!

The power relays and alluvial dampers will overload FOR SURE!!

Thanks for the advice :wink:

Did some building today, the platform for the upper city. I had to use some replacement parts as I have not yet all the bricks needed.

Building in brick showed me that some connections are not strong enough, so I'll have to do some modifications.

The good news is that I can finally see the SSD in it's (almost) full length... :classic:

Some international shipments do take an extraordinary amount of time to be delivered, due to being processed by several different postal services, distribution centres, etc. There's also a chance of it gathering dust at customs for several weeks before being processed there and sent on its way again (bureaucrats only work fast when it's in their favour). So don't give up hope just yet, your package is probably just delayed.

The package arrived today :classic:

Expect some new pics next week end :sweet:

(And next time I'm waiting for a delivery, I'll make a post on EB about it :laugh: )

Glad you finally got your shipment! Looking forward to the progress pictures of your project Bob De Quatre! :sweet:

Hi Bob, hope your project is progressing nicely. I promised a while back to post a pic of my very minor UCS B-wing mod in this thread - well, here it is, Bob :sweet:

The dark bley clamp has been greatly reduced in size and I have closed and tweaked the area under the cockpit a bit.

8059582332_375a9c302a_c.jpg

It may be hard to tell in the pic below, but I have added the small "fins" below the dark indent on the main wing.

8087805016_503e6ed7d2_c.jpg

All in all very minor mods - but I like them :laugh:

Nice improvements on the neck area, i think it looks loads better this way. When i get my own B-Wing i will probably make similar ajustments. :sweet: