Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

OOC: Sorry. I had counted on selling them so I removed them while I was editing my stats.

Hybros accepts the 25 gold from the vendor, and now has a total of 1249 gold. Walking over to Anwyl's, he pulls out Zoot's Reaper. It had been a reliable weapon, but it could be made better. He places it on the counter and asks for it to be upgraded to WP: 15 while placing 290 gold on the counter. The blacksmith takes the weapon with a grunt, and begins pounding away. Meanwhile Hybros steps over to Portia's, to refill his stock of Grand Potions. He purchases 3 at the price 30 gold, and also picks out a Phoenix Essence for an additional 50 gold. He returns to Anwyl for his scythe before heading back to the hall with his remaining 879 gold.

~Anwyl Smokebeard now sells Fauxthril Broomsticks, Fauxthril Flutes and Fauxthril Halberds!~

Thothwick hands over his Whip Chain, receiving his 30 gold from Anwyl, leaving Thothwick with 837 Gold.

"I've been longing to get rid of this ever since I reached Dastan; it used to belong to a Witch, who knows what curses they put upon it. Now, whilst I'm here, I should upgrade my weapons, if I'm to stand a chance in battle."

Thothwick upgrades his Shuriken to WP:8 (837-(60+70+80=)210=627) and his Sabre to WP:10 (627-(90+100)190=437), leaving him with 437 gold.

After further perusing the Marketplace, the two Metasimians come across a new store. After browsing the artefacts, Hoptet holds up the Black Knight’s Armour.

[Would this armour help in battles?]

"My word, that's perfect! I'll need training from the Copper Fox, but it's the perfect item! I'll need to get rid of something though... Mr. Fabian, how much for this Fire Amulet? It doubles the damage done to those weak against fire!"

"My word, that's perfect! I'll need training from the Copper Fox, but it's the perfect item! I'll need to get rid of something though... Mr. Fabian, how much for this Fire Amulet? It doubles the damage done to those weak against fire!"

Fabian eyes Thothwick. There's a certain presence in the rogue that pleases him. Maybe it's the rippling muscles beneath the soft black fur... The other Metasimian is less impressive, and seems to be almost clinging to the stronger one.

"My, what a powerful item you have there, Mr. Gorillaman. It's true worth is about 100 gold, so I can give you 50 gold for it." The elf then points at Hoptet. "Say, is this your cousin's first visit to the city?"

Fabian eyes Thothwick. There's a certain presence in the rogue that pleases him. Maybe it's the rippling muscles beneath the soft black fur... The other Metasimian is less impressive, and seems to be almost clinging to the stronger one.

"My, what a powerful item you have there, Mr. Gorillaman. It's true worth is about 100 gold, so I can give you 50 gold for it." The elf then points at Hoptet. "Say, is this your cousin's first visit to the city?"

Ignoring the minor racial indium, Thothwick continued his transactions, handing over 200 gold for the Black Knight's Armour, and receiving 50 gold from Fabian, leaving him with 287 gold, all the while continuing to converse with the merchant.

"Ha, no, Byblos, the Heroica librarian, is my only relative in the city. That is Hoptet, my beau. He's been in the city for a while now, but technically is still on his first visit; he hasn't left since he arrived. Why do you ask?"

"Ha, no, Byblos, the Heroica librarian, is my only relative in the city. That is Hoptet, my beau. He's been in the city for a while now, but technically is still on his first visit; he hasn't left since he arrived. Why do you ask?"

Fabian's face turns sour as he takes the Fire Amulet from Thothwick.

"Meh, nevermind my ramblings. Here's your armour, enjoy."

The elf then turns his back to the two Metasimians. At last he found a hunky man who could've potentially be into him - only to find out he was already taken! Galadrya and Celebryon sure loved playing dirty tricks on him...

"Hello Anwyl! I'd like to upgrade my Crossbow of the Pongcanis to WP:13 - so here is 130 gold." 207-130 = 77 gold remaining

Benji walks over to Portia's place and decides to spend the rest of his money on:

2x Grand Potion - 10x2 = 20 gold

1x Phoenix Essence = 50 gold

total of 70 gold.

77-70 = 7 gold remaining.

"OK, now I'm really ready to go on that quest!"

Sarick finally made it to the marketplace. It had taken him much longer than he assumed it would. He slithered straight to PORTIA'S POTION SHACK, he knew exactly what he wanted.

"Excuse me, I'd like the following itemsss on this list..." Sarick handed over a list:

5x Nostrum - 5x35 = 175 gold

3x Smelling Salts - 3x25 = 75 gold

1x Phoenix Essence 1x50 = 50 gold

Total of 300 gold

359 - 300 = 59 gold remaining

Sarick then slithered over to GNOMEO'S TOOLSHED.

"I'll take one bedroll please."

1x Bedroll - 1x5 = 5 gold

Total of 5 gold

59 - 5 = 54 gold remaining.

I purchase 1 Nostrum from Portia for the fight with the Fantome. It was a bit hard to give her the coins with these sticky gloves, though...

103-35-68 gold left, +1 nostrum.

Realising that he cannot wear both the Sand Worm Hide and the Heavy Armour, ("Stupid non-backwear artifact! It's a cloak or cape, surely!", mumbles Tarn). He goes back to Fabian and offers him the Sand Worm Hide (Bodywear, SP: 2). "Hello Fabian, I think you could easily sell this for 110 gold - it's not class specific, and SP: 2 is mighty handy to anyone. Very similar to the Tricorne, which is 120 gold. Therefore I'd take 55 gold for it. Please let me know if this is a deal or not."

Edited by Rumble Strike

Maurice carefully examined the wares in Fabian's Fabulous Fashion store. The Paladin armour is really tempting to him but also quite expensive. The white cloak on the other hand was very affordable, and really dashing as well.

heroica-clericscloak.jpg

"Since my last white cloak got so soiled during the last quest I think I will invest in this new and better one. I'll buy a White Cloak for 60 gold."

Maurice throws away his old and stained cloak and puts on his new one. "Hey, this makes me feel much better! I guess the old one must have been infected by vermin or something, draining my health in some way."

Over at Anwyl's smithy Maurice picks up a Fauxthril Shield (WP:5) for 50 gold. "This will be good for protection later on, I just hope I haven't forgotten how to use it since my days in the Battalion."

Finally, at Portia's Potion Shack, Maurice picks up some essential brews: 2 Remedies and 2 Nostrums (2x10+2x35=90).

That ends the cleric's shopping for today. A total of 200 gold was spent: 60+50+90=200, 394-200=194

6868211614_fefd8e0475_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor (Etzel)

51 years old male human Cleric

Level 18.5

Power:
(18 + 12)

Health:
30/30
(9 + 17 + 1 +
)

Ether:
22/22
(5 + 17)

Gold:

Equipment:
(Manta Tail Staff (WP:12+50% Stun chance), Helmet (+1 max. health)),
White Cloak (Max. Health +3)

Inventory:
(Emerald Staff (WP:10
Wood-elemental
), Mace (WP:5),
Fauxthril Shield (SP:5)
, Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, 3 Potions, 2 Tonics, 2 Ether Cores, 1+
2 Remedies
, 3 Phoenix Essences,
2 Nostrums
, 2 Venom, Elixir, Floral Bomb, Water Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Torch, Bone)

Realising that he cannot wear both the Sand Worm Hide and the Heavy Armour, ("Stupid non-backwear artifact! It's a cloak or cape, surely!", mumbles Tarn). He goes back to Fabian and offers him the Sand Worm Hide (Bodywear, SP: 2). "Hello Fabian, I think you could easily sell this for 110 gold - it's not class specific, and SP: 2 is mighty handy to anyone. Very similar to the Tricorne, which is 120 gold. Therefore I'd take 55 gold for it. Please let me know if this is a deal or not."

Fabian shakes his head.

"I'm deeply sorry to say no to such a burly hunk such as yourself, but you ask too much of it. It's just a wormy hide, after all. I can give you 40 gold for it, though."

Tarn shook his head at the salesman. "That's too low, I need more than that as I will sell some weapons to try and buy the Tricorne from you. How about you take it for 50 gold?"

Tarn shook his head at the salesman. "That's too low, I need more than that as I will sell some weapons to try and buy the Tricorne from you. How about you take it for 50 gold?"

"Listen, sweetchums, I really do not think anyone will buy a mangy hide from me for 100 gold. 42 gold is my final offer, take it or leave it. Although I wouldn't mind you staying... :wink: "

Fabian was creeping Tarn out more than many of the enemies he had faced, save perhaps for Crozan. No, he thought, Fabian had her beat too.

"I think I might be able to get more for this extremely useful artifact if I sold it to someone direct. I'll keep hold of it for now." With one last wistful stare at the Tricorne, Tarn retreated.

Elgar enters the market with 293 coins. He first visits Portia where he buys 3 grand tonics and 3 grand potions for 120 coins leaving him with 223 coins. He then go to Anywl the so called dwarf blacksmith. "I'd like my topaz removed from this crossbow" Elgar asked. Anywl silently got on witht the job and charge elgar 50 coins leaving elgar with 183 gold

Cronk says hello to blacksmith Anwyl. Cronk just need Opal taken out of Beast Skewer please. Cronk gives Anwyl 50 gold. (265-50=215) Cronk thanks Anwyl.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock

In the absense of any of his friends to talk to or anything otherwise to do, Haldor made a trip to the marketplace to stock up on some new gear. Making straight for Fabian's, the Nord addressed the man.

"Hail, Fabian, I have stopped by your store because I am in need of something to aid me on future quests. Something to protect me and take hits, you have something like this in your sale?"

The wily Elf showed Haldor through his wares, pointing regularly to explain certain items. After much head-shaking, the Nord was finally settled on a heavy armour of thick plates, which he then purchased from Fabian at the agreed price of 230 gold. Straining at the weight, the Norseman held his new armour on his shoulder as the deal was made, leaving Haldor with 245 gold pieces.

"But there is one more thing that I will need your assisstance for. I have here an old scroll, which can impart blindness onto my foes. I've never used it, and I don't think I'm one for reading spells when everyone else is running out kicking heads, so maybe I could put this to better use. Fabian, could you merge this Scroll of Blindness with my with my Ethereal Cloak for 50 gold pieces? This way, the light of the Gods can always grant me sight, even when my earthly eyes fail me."

Haldor turned to leave the square, now hulking around some heavy metal and a special enchantment on his robe, and with only 195 pieces of gold remaining. This would surely help him on future ventures, he thought as he trudged back to the hall.

En Sabah Nur heads to FABIAN’S FANTABULOUS FASHION. He buys a Fire Amulet and a pair of Counterstrike Gloves for a total of 180 gold (333-180=153 gold).

"Thanks, lady. I may be back for that handbag later."

Haldor paid a visit to Eubric's bustling marketplace once again, on a mission to pick up some supplies to aid him in the coming future. First, the Nord stopped by Gnomeo's rickety toolshed to find himself some material.

"Ah, Gnomeo, it has been a long time since I last stood at this store. I am back here in need of a bedroll, for your listed price of five gold pieces." Handing over the meagre amount of coins, Haldor took his new sleeping arrangements and was away with a cheery smile. Next, he dropped in on Portia's Potion Shack, one could never have too many potions and spells. "Greetings, miss. While I am here, I would like to purchase a few of your concoctions that you have on sale. This nostrum, and this vial of smelling salts look to be useful for me, so here I give you your 60 coins in return for both of them. My thanks to you, miss Portia." And with that, the Norseman turned to leave for the hall, his pockets lighter and his satchel full of brand new goods.

Drake looked at Fabian's Fantabulous Fashion.

"Wow... too many things have changed since-"

Then he saw the hats.

"Hot dawg!"

Drake then bought a Helmet for 30 gold, leaving him with 262 gold. 292 - 30 = 262

Drake then left, happily looking at his new Helmet.

"Best shop ever."

Edited by xxlrocka

Alexis walks up to Anwyl, and plops her bow on the table before speaking. "Let's take this up to WP: 13 please." And she lays 250 gold on the table. (442-250=192)

Then she heads over to Portia's shack, and picks up a Phoenix Essence for 50 gold. (192-50=142)

She ends her shopping spree, with a decent amount of gold left to spend elsewhere.

~Portia's Potion Shack now stocks Dirt Bombs and Air Bombs!~

Pausing his hammering, Anwyl Smokebeard left his forge and walked to the open wall of his store. He gazed at the bustling Marketplace. Still no sign of her... But she should return soon. Any day now, the familiar sound of wagons rolling in without a horse would catch his ear. Letting out a deep sigh, the blacksmith returned to his work.

Johon walks over to Fabian's shop and, now with enough money, buys the heavy armor and the blessed amulet, remembering his last quest.

heroica-blessedamulet.jpgBlessed Amulet – Protects from cursed-effect. Costs 40 gold.

heroica-heavyarmor.jpgHeavy Armour – SP:5, protects from fragile-effect, suitable for barbarians and knights. Costs 230 gold.

396 - 40 -230 = 126