Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #38: The Lost Party

OoC: :angry: Damn dice.

Round 4 Knight of Ennon Battle

Cronk v. Knight - Shield

Tesni v. Knight - Critical Hit - Critical Hit (([14x3]+24)x2-5=127)

Alexis v. Knight - Shield

Alexis v. Knight - Aim ([10x2]-5=15) (1 ether spent)

Arthur uses Scroll of Frailty on Knight of Ennon - Success

Haldor v. Knight - Critical Hit (([12x3]+18)x2-5=103)

Cronk summons his angel, protecting the party from damage the following round. This shocks the Knight, who drops his sword in awe of the angel. The others lay into him. Tesni and Haldor land palpable hits and Alexis shoots off a powerful spell before something else blossoms forth from her diamond...

The Enemy

Knight of Ennon

Level
Demon Humanoid
*Confused* (Two Turns Remaining)
*Encouraged*
*Fragile*

Health: 68/500

SP: 5

Special Damage: Ennoc’s Curse – Curses the player and gives them the Enraged effect, forcing them to fight from the front row.

Drops: 250 Gold

The Party

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard

Level 18 Shaman
*Immune to Weakened*
*Cursed*
*Enraged*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
29/29 (-6)

Ether:
25/26

Gold:
(Owed 50 from Elgar Gligin (Jedi Master Brick), (Owes 33 to Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

Equipment:
Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Light
and
Water
elemental), Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power,
Weakened
Immunity).

Inventory:
Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (
Hexed
immunity), Scroll of Blindness (
Blinded
effect), Shovel, Pickaxe, Diamond of Thoric, Bluehood's Aquamarine, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Health Core, Potion (x3), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, and a fur-lined Bedroll.

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII

Level 15 Sorcerer
*Immune to Sealed*

Power:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
24/25

Defense:

Gold:
(Owes
124 Gold to Alf (Bricksandparts) and
50 gold to Bartholomew Docken (Brickdoctor)
debt entrusted to Boomingham)

Equipment:
Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7;
50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics
), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
effect)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5;
heals instead of damaging
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Opal (
Ice
), Potion(x2), Bedroll, Telescope, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Shovel, Grand Tonic, Tonic, Nostrum

Alexissummer.png

Alexis Fenral

Level 21 1/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*
*Cursed*
*Enraged*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/23 (-6)

Ether:
18/22

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:10, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile)

Inventory:
Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Milk, 2 Meads, Nostrum, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Bone, Raw Meat

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
????
(Diamond)

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk

Level 22.33 Paladin

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
25/25

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12,
Light
) Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 8), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether)

Inventory:
Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12, Ice), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Bloody Pointy Stick (Stick; WP: 1), Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6), Potion, Holy Bomb, Blacksmith Writ, Bone, Cultist Documents, Lightning Bomb, Tonic, Bedroll

gallery_4757_182_25907.jpg

Tesni Hightribe

Level 24 1/3 Berserker

Power
: 44

Defence
: 11

Health
: 44/44

Gold
: 605

Equipped
: Dryw ar Zoot, Longsword, Holy (WP:14), Bone Claws(WP:3,SP:2), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4)(+2 max health)

Inventory
: Mellt (Warhammer, Lightning, Ice (WP:10), Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14, Light, longsword), Cysgodion (WP: 11, Darkness, greatsword), Spiked Club (WP:8), Cryfder (WP:6), Wooden Club (WP:2), Old Boot (WP:1, ranged, retrievable), Emerald (Wood), 2 Potions, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 3 Meads, 5 Venoms, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, Minimizing Dust, Chain, 2 Bones

OoC: As the Knight can do no damage and is also confused, I will play the next round automatically. Alexis, I am not putting your Light Summon in yet because it has not been revealed, and I figured I'd let you introduce it after the battle if you so chose, or if not, save it for a better time. I think something more epic will come up then beating an extremely weak enemy... Besides, it never got down to it in the battle order.

Round 5 Knight of Ennon Battle

Cronk v. Knight - Hit ([34x2]x2-5=131)

Tesni v. Knight - Shield

Alexis v. Knight - Damage

Alexis v. Knight - Hit

Arthur v. Knight - Damage

Haldor v. Knight - Damage

Before the creature from Alexis' diamond can spring forth, Cronk sticks his sword through the slit in the Knight's visor, and the Knight bursts into light that seeps into the petrified Gray Wizard.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

The Party

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard

Level 18 1/2 Shaman
*Immune to Weakened*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
25/26

Gold:
(Owed 50 from Elgar Gligin (Jedi Master Brick), (Owes 33 to Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

Equipment:
Light
and
Water
Weakened
Immunity).

Inventory:
Hexed
Blinded
effect), Shovel, Pickaxe, Diamond of Thoric, Bluehood's Aquamarine, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Health Core, Potion (x3), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, and a fur-lined Bedroll.

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Sorcerer
*Immune to Sealed*

Power:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
24/25

Defense:

Gold:
(Owes

Equipment:
), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals
Cursed
effect)

Inventory:
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Opal (
Ice
), Potion(x2), Bedroll, Telescope, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Shovel, Grand Tonic, Tonic, Nostrum

Alexissummer.png

Alexis Fenral

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/29

Ether:
18/22

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:10, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile)

Inventory:
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Milk, 2 Meads, Nostrum, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Bone, Raw Meat

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
????
(Diamond)

Cronk

Level 22 2/3 Paladin

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
25/25

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
) Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 8), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether)

Inventory:
Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12, Ice), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Bloody Pointy Stick (Stick; WP: 1), Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6), Potion, Holy Bomb, Blacksmith Writ, Bone, Cultist Documents, Lightning Bomb, Tonic, Bedroll

Tesni Hightribe

Level 24 2/3 Berserker

Power

Defence

Health

Gold
: 605

Equipped
: Dryw ar Zoot, Longsword, Holy (WP:14), Bone Claws(WP:3,SP:2), Mockthril Shield (SP:5), Dragon Bone Armor (SP:4)(+2 max health)

Inventory
: Mellt (Warhammer, Lightning, Ice (WP:10), Dryw ar Zoot (WP:14, Light, longsword), Cysgodion (WP: 11, Darkness, greatsword), Spiked Club (WP:8), Cryfder (WP:6), Wooden Club (WP:2), Old Boot (WP:1, ranged, retrievable), Emerald (Wood), 2 Potions, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 3 Meads, 5 Venoms, Nostrum, Smoke Bomb, Minimizing Dust, Chain, 2 Bones

Loot:

- 250 Gold

DSCN0006.jpg

"Whe-- what--- what is happening?"

As the battle fades, Arthur turnes to Alexis. "Mind if I borrow that whip of yours? It could come in handy later."

Arthur then turns to the unexpectedly-revived Gray Wizard. He lets forth a single question; five words, on which hung the fate of the universe. "What did Wren want here?"

Haldor wiped his surprisingly gore-less weapon on the grass, before wheeling around to face the others. "Good work, my comrades. Everyone, help yourself to 50 gold pieces each, you've all earnt it." The Nord pocketed his share quickly, and then walked over to investigate the apperently now alive wizard. "Hail there, mage. Well, now that you're breathing, perhaps you'd like to help us out with a few things. We're here to investigate some happenings, which I know that you had some involvement in. For a start, what were you doing here seven years ago, when the party of heroes came to this valley? Oh, and don't bother trying to tell falsehoods, we all saw what happened."

You forgot to update our experiance, Zepher. :wink:

Edited by Scorpiox

Tesni smirked at her epic hits and rubbed at the still sore wound on her cheek. The heal had helped but this wasn't the simplest of wounds...

"Aye, good battle all. Sir Wizard, are you alright? You were frozen like this for a long time."

Hooray! Cronk bash evil! :sweet:

Cronk will heal Alexis so that all friends are at full strength.

Mr. Wizard, Friends need to know what happen here. Was Mr. Wizard part of Wren party?

OoC: Check out my original post again, Scorpiox. I'm pretty certain I updated the experience. None of you gained a full level though, so there were no number changes. Maybe that's what's confusing you?

Everyone takes the gold and Cronk heals Alexis.

The Party

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard

Level 18 1/2 Shaman
*Immune to Weakened*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
25/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
and
Water
Weakened
Immunity).

Inventory:
Hexed
Blinded

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Sorcerer
*Immune to Sealed*

Power:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
24/25

Defense:

Gold:
(Owes

Equipment:
Cursed
effect)

Inventory:
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Opal (
Ice

Alexissummer.png

Alexis Fenral

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
23/29

Ether:
22/22

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
????
(Diamond)

Cronk

Level 22 2/3 Paladin

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
24/25

Gold:

Equipment:
Light

Inventory:

Tesni Hightribe

Level 24 2/3 Berserker

Power

Defence

Health

Gold
: 655

Equipped

Inventory

The Gray Wizard looks around foggily. He is clearly overwhelmed, but tries his best to address each question.

"What did Wren want here?"

DSCN0006.jpg

"What did she... you know Wren? You do not work with her, do you? No... no... or else you wouldn't need to ask. Are you from Heroica? Have they sent a rescue party? Did none of the others make it out? Hopefully not Sir Roderick, but apparently Wren... did the others not survive?" The Gray Wizard's eyes dart around nervously. "Have you slain the guardian of this place? Oh, I'm sorry, you had a question. My brain... it is slow right now. Likely to recover over time. What did she want here? The amulet of Gods."

"Hail there, mage. Well, now that you're breathing, perhaps you'd like to help us out with a few things. We're here to investigate some happenings, which I know that you had some involvement in. For a start, what were you doing here seven years ago, when the party of heroes came to this valley? Oh, and don't bother trying to tell falsehoods, we all saw what happened."

"Falsehoods! Ha. Not likely, Shaman. I see no reason to lie to you if you're from Heroica. That is my Hall as well. I had served in Heroica for sixty-four years before being sent here. I was well on my way to being one of the next Veterans. That all vanished when I was frozen- regardless, the point is, I have no reason to lie to you. I was leading the party of heroes. Who is your leader? Hopefully someone with more grace and respect for fellow heroes."

"Aye, good battle all. Sir Wizard, are you alright? You were frozen like this for a long time."

"Thankfully, someone who is concerned. I appear to be alright. I can't tell if I have any wounds, I don't believe I do. When I was in Heroica, I was a Cleric. If I run into any hurt, I should be able to heal myself."

Mr. Wizard, Friends need to know what happen here. Was Mr. Wizard part of Wren party?

"Yes, as I explained to your Shaman friend, I was the Party Leader. Sir Roderick was my second in command, a choice I tried to reverse, but was unable to. You say he too did not emerge from this valley? That, at least, is a relief."

"Ah, my apologies, good mage, I knew not that you were one of us. I guess that a dark and cursed valley does make one a bit hostile. I'm operating a fragile position of power in this party, and you're welcome to come along with us. Haldor, Nord, hero, and heavy drinker, at your service." Haldor reached out a hand to the man. "...and what may I call you?"

After digesting the information that the mage gave to the others, the Shaman found himself a nice craggy boulder to rest upon, and spoke again. "Yes, we knocked off the rusty knight over there, but it seems that he had strange connection with that that tower over there, maybe Ennoc does look after his own flock after all. Bloody odd group of people, those knights, if you ask me." Haldor pointed to Ennoc's eye, just over the hill, still imposing in it's state of disrepair "Sir Roderick, the knight that was with you? Yes, we saw a little of him as well, and he certainly looked rather off. It is always a hurt when such people get into the organisation, and give us all a bad name. No, we have not seen anything of him, nor we hope that we will, but I'm all eager to whopp his hide if I get a look in."

Haldor stiffed slightly, as he continued speaking, speaking of the witch with one who truly knew her was rare indeed. "Wren, we know her all too well, she has spoken a bit of her times at Heroica, amongst other things. She's made a bit, of a name for herself, and not in a good way; she dabbles in chaos and the workings of Zoot. We've all met her from time to time, always interfering, always dangerous, always twisted. If she managed to retrieve the amulet of Gods, all those years ago, then the whole of our world may be in peril. Bloody hell."

Edited by Scorpiox

"Much has happened since you were sealed, friend. There was a massacre of heroes, some months before I arrived in the Hall, and our numbers are only now recovering. Yet the world is still a dangerous place for us; some of our number have been drawn into the rivalries of the feuding Houses, some were tricked into beginning a war in Uland, between the Brobric and the then-refugee Lion Knights. The Town Watch grows corrupt, and yet the few righteous among them struggle to uphold order within Eubric. And yet they are unsuccessful; more and more Heroes are hired to missions within the city, and rumor has it that some even serve the Wolfgang, one of the factions of the criminal undercity. Elsewhere, more tragedies arise, despite the strength of Heroes. The Zeigfrieds lost a son to the Witch of Salmanda, Baba Yaga. A team of

Heroes narrowly managed to destroy an unusually powerful pirate, Jolly Roger, at great cost and effort. The Fantome Croise soundly defeated a team of Heroes sent to purge Charis, though rumors fly of treachery involved there as well. One Hero even died on a recent Quest, a true rarity in these times, and a most disturbing one at that."

"But hope is not lost. Though we Heroes often unwittingly aid the Chaos, not all of our efforts end in vain because of it. A team of Rogue Lions began a war in Dastan, at the same time that a cult tried to summon a god to this mortal plane, and a team of assassins tried to undermine the Empire. It was a bitter, trying struggle, one in which three different teams of Heroes played their own parts, and yet in the end it was a glorious success; the Empire of Dastan is a gleaming jewel of strength and prosperity, and the true Lions have grown into a benevolent force of their own because of it. The god summoned by the Cult of the Chimaera was destroyed, and Wren's plan in Dastan--for she herself was there--was at least partially foiled, though I do not doubt that it was only a temporary setback."

Arthur rounds on Haldor. "And I do not think that the Lady has the Amulet. It was not by her efforts that the Chimaera was summoned to Dastan, indeed, she herself opposed it. She took Sphinx because he was successful at summoning a god--without the Amulet. She would not have needed him if she possessed this amulet--but if she does not, then who does? I fear we are to find out, and in the worst possible way."

"Gray Wizard, I hope you can forgive my momentary rudeness. It is imperative that I--er, we--discover and fit into place the last pieces of the Lady Wren's plan, ere we become powerless to stop her. Knowledge is both sword and shield against those who are of Chaos. With that in mind, sir, I would ask for your recollections of that Quest--the most detailed you can provide." While waiting for the man's explanation, Arthur digs with his shovel in search of seeds of the Flower of Sybl. Remembering who picked the petals, Arthur then looks through his telescope for traces of McColt.

EDIT: OOC: I should be at 23/25 Health, thanks to the successful Scroll of Frailty use. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Alexis stands back and lets the others do the talking, she just isn't feeling herself. "Maybe I'm just tired," she thinks.

As the battle fades, Arthur turnes to Alexis. "Mind if I borrow that whip of yours? It could come in handy later."

"Oh sure." She unwinds the whip from her belt and hands it to Arthur.

"Thanks, Alexis, this'll help a whole lot." Arthur winks at the Evoker, surprising himself. He quickly turns his attention to trying out the new weapon; it is much different than the staves he was used to, but the Cat O' Nine Tails was an elegant and deadly addition to his arsenal nonetheless. After cracking it experimentally a few times, Arthur returns to his digging and searching.

OOC: Zeph, please note the change in stats. :wink: Please also note that Arthur will keep anything interesting he finds while digging, no matter its monetary value (or lack thereof); this includes herbs, roots, and Flower of Sybl seeds. :wink:

Bearded man was frozen for at least some years so it only natural. Party does need to know if Wren got amulet. What went wrong with Roderick?

"I knew something about Roderick and Wren. Once while on a mission with the two of them in thee sewers of Eubric, the three of us stumbled upon the entrance to an ancient temple. The two of them went inside while I investigated runes on the outside. I found it was a temple of Zoot. When they emerged, they said there were only broken statues inside. But I never trusted them after that. I watched their descent... I had concerns. I was right."

"Gray Wizard, I hope you can forgive my momentary rudeness. It is imperative that I--er, we--discover and fit into place the last pieces of the Lady Wren's plan, ere we become powerless to stop her. Knowledge is both sword and shield against those who are of Chaos. With that in mind, sir, I would ask for your recollections of that Quest--the most detailed you can provide." While waiting for the man's explanation, Arthur digs with his shovel in search of seeds of the Flower of Sybl. Remembering who picked the petals, Arthur then looks through his telescope for traces of McColt.

"We entered the valley, came here, and fought the Knight. That is as far as I made it, clearly."

Arthur looks around for McColt, and finds him standing next to him!

After cracking it experimentally a few times, Arthur returns to his digging and searching.

Arthur finds nothing.

DSCN0027-1.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

"Only thing to do is keep moving. Look sharp, heroes."

McColt leads the party deeper into the valley. Soon they stumble upon a broken wall. Any bodies, Orc or otherwise, are around, though it is clear that this wall had been breached back in the Orcish Invasion.

DSCN0082.jpg

"Look there."

DSCN0028-1.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

"Ready for another memory, heroes?"

Will anyone pick the flower?

At the same moment as Cronk, Arthur reaches down and picks a flower.

Cronk plucks the flower out of the ground and the heroes are once more thrown through space and time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lost6.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

"We know this to be true."

DSCN0005.jpg

"But listen. Just listen. If everyone thought only about each other and not themselves, people would be worse off. Think about it, Triad. You know best what you want best, but the wants of others are shrouded in mystery. The chances of you knowing someone else exactly what they want is low, but the chance of you giving yourself exactly what you want is high. If we all only concern ourselves with our own wants, we're all serving the person we can serve best. Ourselves."

DSCN0008.jpg

"We disagree with this."

DSCN0005.jpg

"But why?"

DSCN0008.jpg

"Because we do not know what you say to be true. We know that you must serve others."

DSCN0005.jpg

"But if everyone serves themselves, it will be the same thing, but more efficient."

Lost7.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

"...Eubric is corrupt because of it."

DSCN0004.jpg

"No, Eubric flourishes because of it. It's your own family in charge!"

DSCN0002.jpg

"Yes, and only one person should have power. Six families can not rule together. It doesn't make sense. It leaves too much room for corruption and evil. It leaves too much room for chaos."

DSCN0004.jpg

"You can't eradicate chaos. You can either let it help things to grow, or let it allow things to wither."

DSCN0002.jpg

"Very poetic, Sasha."

DSCN0004.jpg

"Don't you be angry with me."

DSCN0002.jpg

"I'm not. You're angry with me."

DSCN0004.jpg

"And for good cause, Roderick. You should never have left behind the Gray Wizard."

DSCN0002.jpg

"You were unconscious, darling. He was dying. It was either seal him or watch him die. Besides, Wren did it, not me."

DSCN0004.jpg

"You walk a dangerous path, Roderick. Be careful, my friend. It is often hard to distinguish the goodness from evil. My lands are cold and hard, and my people are rough and cold, but we value the warmth in our hearts and preserve it at any cost. Roderick, you once held me dear. If there is anything that troubles you, anything weighing on your mind, you know you may-"

Lost8.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

"BE AWARE! We have trouble!"

The entire party turns to face the deathly old creature.

Lost9.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

"You are trespasssssssing on sssssssacred landsssss, Orcss."

The creature fires a bolt of light that spreads out towards all the heroes. Wren holds up her hand and the light converges on her as her body absorbs the blast. She is thrown back and blood trickles out of a gash on her forehead. The other heroes spring into action, hacking and fighting the ancient enemy. The battle is a blur, the enemy appearing to be at numerous places at one. Finally, all the heroes lay with blood pooling except the heavily armored Sir Roderick. He yields, and faces the monster.

Lost10.jpg

"Monster of light, hear me! What will it cost us to cross your sacred grounds?"

DSCN0041.jpg

"A sssssssacrifice to the Lord of Peace. Ennoc."

DSCN0002.jpg

"A body?"

DSCN0041.jpg

"Yessssssssss."

Roderick turns around. For a moment, he eyes Wren with a cruel cold look in his eyes.

Lost11.jpg

He however shifts his gaze and points his sword at Sasha the Barbarian.

Lost12.jpg

DSCN0002.jpg

"Her."

------------------------------------------

The heroes are flung unceremoniously back into their own time period. They all are sweating, yet feel cold. The Gray Wizard's eyes have grown even heavier.

Edited by Zepher

Arthur felt his blood chill, as if his Opal had been turned to liquid and poured through his veins. Hadn't he said the same thing to the other Heroes back in Eubric, just a few days earlier? "And that is how her loyalty to her love is repaid. Typical Chaotic behavior." As Caroline did to me. But in neither case was it necessary to the cause of Chaos! Why can't they see that?

Arthur turned to the Gray Wizard. "You said that Wren and Roderick explored a temple of Zoot on that mission, yes? Do you recall anything specific that they said at that time? I--we--need details, if at all you can remember them."

Haldor jumped back from the vision, breathing heavily. "Roderick, that bastard, I pray that he got what was coming to him. Or if we find him here, we hand it out ourselves. Fellows, it seems that there are yet more perils stalking this place, we best be on our guard." The Nord looked around nervously, hoping to distinguish any movement on the plain. He then turned back to the Grey Wizard. "Friend, pray tell me; in your times with Wren, did she ever speak of the dark God Zoot, in whatever fashion? Roderick too, did he express any interest in such evil things? What about chaos, did Wren or the other discuss this at any point, possibly of what it could do?"

Tesni narrowed her eyes. The Hinckwell, if alive would be returned to his family but if she had any say, it would be minus some less vital appendages. "Be on guard fellows. Last vision we had hearalded that knight. We may yet face that abomination."

May Ennoc protect friends from that abomination.

So Roderick not nice guy. Cronk wonder what happen next. Surely abomination would not let Roderick walk away with amulet. It source of abomination's power.

The Gray Wizard opens his mouth to speak, but before he can answer any of the questions addressed to him, his eyes narrow and he points with his staff.

DSCN0029-1.jpg

DSCN0006.jpg

"It looks like we have something to deal with first, heroes. It is about time I got back to doing my duty."

DSCN0041.jpg

"You sssssssshall not passssssssss, tresssssspasssssssersssss."

McColt bears his teeth and grunts, and for the first time the heroes notice he did not bring a sword into the valley, and can therefore not fight. He instead goes to the Gray Wizard, who is clearly in no condition to fight, and needs support still from time to time.

The Enemies

DSCN0041.jpg

Priest of Ennon

Level 20 Undead

Health: 475/475

Ether: 3/3

Special Damage I: Ennoc’s Fury - The Priest of Ennon attacks the entire party with power equal to the number of Apparitions x 2. All the Apparitions are used up in the attack. SP is ignored.

Special Damage II: Ennoc’s Light - Spends one ether to heal himself for 75 health. If all ether is used up, the Priest will use his other special.

Drops: Staff of Ennon

Passive Special: Each round, the ether-user highest in the Battle Order may not use magic. Their ether will be depleted by 5 as well.

Note: At the end of each turn, the Priest summons 3 new apparitions. They appear just like the priest. At the beginning of each round, a letter will be (secretly) pulled, and that will be the real Priest. Apparitions may attack, but do not take damage. When the priest is damaged, all Apparitions lose health equal to the Priest’s health.

Note II: Specials Alternate

The Party

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard

Level 18 1/2 Shaman
*Immune to Weakened*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
25/26

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
and
Water
Weakened
Immunity).

Inventory:
Hexed
Blinded

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpg

Level 15 1/2 Sorcerer
*Immune to Sealed*

Power:

Health:
25/25

Ether:
23/25

Defense:

Gold:
(Owes

Equipment:
Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP:9;
damage divided between all enemies, suitable for rogues
Cursed
effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin)

Inventory:
), Healing Staff (WP:5;
), Opal (
Ice
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning

Alexissummer.png

Alexis Fenral

Level 21 2/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:

Defense:

Health:
29/29

Ether:
22/22

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
????
(Diamond)

Cronk

Level 22 2/3 Paladin

Power:

Defense:

Health:
42/42

Ether:
23/25

Gold:

Equipment:
Light

Inventory:

Tesni Hightribe

Level 24 2/3 Berserker

Power

Defence

Health

Gold
: 655

Equipped

Inventory

DSCN0006.jpg

Gray Wizard

Level 26 1/3 Cleric
*Too Weak For Physical Attacks*

Power
: 38

Health
: 14/34

Ether
: 5/30

Gold
: 0

Equipped
: Old Stone Staff (WP: 12, Light Elemental)

Inventory
: None

Edited by Zepher

"Damn, let's see if we can get this over with as soon as possible." Haldor approached the priest cautiously, and replied to it's lack of movement with a series of blows from the Nord's heavy weapon. Front row

Battle Order:

Cronk

Tesni

Alexis

Arthur

Haldor

"Oh I couldn't have said it better Haldor. Let's try a couple of light spells from the back row. Glad I'm hastened." She mutters to herself.