muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

this sounds so unbelivable that if anyone was laying about it, they could do much much better job :)

Erm... this is probably where this rumour originated. :wink:

Haha! I knew it was false! That is what that Elf looks like! :laugh_hard:

He's a genius! Quick someone get TLG to hire him. We need more of them Royal Guard elf types!

As we get closer to Series 9 being shown, heres the key thing to evaluating any purported lists. Look at what is described in a given list. Now ask yourselves, if you dump your box of minifig parts out, and randomly recombine them, will you easily achieve every figure listed? if so than yeah, it's a fake. (other warning signs are if the figs describe accessories that are only specifically used in licensed sets. While we will see some crossover of molds. Things that are unique to the license, such as Stormtrooper rifles, will not be used in CMF's.)

Edited by Faefrost

Strangely enough I hope this list is accurate, purely so I can find out what a Mud Champion and a Mouse Bandit look like! I find most of these pretty unlikely though - a babysitter would be interesting though. The only thing that makes me think this could possibly be real is the fact it is so bizarre - I'm sure we could all make our own far more plausible lists.

Edited by lifeinplastic

http://www.toyshopuk.co.uk/reviews/series9/

LEGO Minifigures Series 9 are rumoured to include the following characters:

US Policeman in a white hat

Mud Champion complete with hippie hair and fishing pole

Baby Sitter with baby

Hunter with brown hair, sleeveless shirt, and a Star Wars style gun

Mr. Freeze

Mouse Bandit having something like Hagrid’s beard plus a sword

House Painter sporting a moustache, Red Riding Hoods basket, green garbage bin

Planter with blonde hair, glasses and holding flowers

An Inventor

Bird Watcher

Crazy Robot with archery gun

Chinese Girl with snake

Panda

Construction Fixer with red hat and shovel

Race car driver wearing a black helmet

Elf with a Royal Guard hat, owl and sword

that's can be true?

There's a good chance this has gone through translations, misinterpretations and general confusion, but may still be based on an actual photo, albeit with preliminary/prototype figs instead of the real deal. It has a great sense of chinese whispers about it.*

It is, for instance, very possible that the person looking at the photo saw the same headgear Mr Freeze has used and assumed it was him. "Archery gun" sounds like crossbow or harpoon from someone who doesn't have the vocabulary to use either of those words. Weirdest one to me is the Elf with a Royal Guard hat... but bear in mind that that hat has only been used once, and Lego try to use every piece they mould at least twice. Same goes for the clockwork robot head - I think it's extremely likely we'll see that again in series 9.

*or 'telephone', if you're american/less racist

There's a good chance this has gone through translations, misinterpretations and general confusion, but may still be based on an actual photo, albeit with preliminary/prototype figs instead of the real deal. It has a great sense of chinese whispers about it.*

It is, for instance, very possible that the person looking at the photo saw the same headgear Mr Freeze has used and assumed it was him. "Archery gun" sounds like crossbow or harpoon from someone who doesn't have the vocabulary to use either of those words. Weirdest one to me is the Elf with a Royal Guard hat... but bear in mind that that hat has only been used once, and Lego try to use every piece they mould at least twice. Same goes for the clockwork robot head - I think it's extremely likely we'll see that again in series 9.

*or 'telephone', if you're american/less racist

you obviously haven't seen this.

What's sad is that someone saw that picture and didn't understand that it was what amounts to fan-fiction. Who looks at that pic and thinks, "Oh yeah, that's definitely up there in quality with what Lego puts forth on a regular basis. I think fines and sactions are in order. I've already tracked the original poster's home computer. The strike team is in a van across the street, waiting for a moderator's signal.

Okay, it's not that bad. Can just anyone post pictures there? What if the list is actually correct in general and just very poorly translated? No, it's 100% bunk. Some of those are great suggestion, though. I was hoping the Mr. Freeze was a guy with a bubblehead helmet. You know, like the Spongebob squirrel?

Ahem. You're right, I hadn't.

Okay, it's a load of old tripe. I'm done!

I'm rather relieved that it's fake! I don't think any of them were even near my guesses for the guessing game! :laugh:

Seriously though, I'm usually always excited with whatever we get. There is always a small handful of them that I want to collect or use.

Although if anyone from TLG is reading these threads I think a Baby Sitter with baby would be a really good figure to include in an upcoming set.

Can anyone tell me what the heck that spongebob thing is, it is seriously freaking me out right now. *huh*

I think it's supposed to be the babysitters baby. Which in no way diminishes how creepy it is.

Wow, can't believe someone thought that was the actual Series 9.

Guessing some random kid from The Lego Message Boards uploaded it...

Now a baby and baby sitter would be interesting though.

~The_Creator

Edited by The_Creator

*cough* series ten would be a nice place to finish the collectible series' at.

Edited by Jargo

*cough* series ten would be a nice place to finish the collectible series' at.

Why? Lego aren't going to give up on this cash cow for quite a while

Surely Series 16 would be a neat place to end it. That would take us through to 2015. But yes, Lego are hardly going to stop at any arbitrary number while there is still a profit to be made. Personally, I'm not bored with it yet.

Surely Series 16 would be a neat place to end it. That would take us through to 2015. But yes, Lego are hardly going to stop at any arbitrary number while there is still a profit to be made. Personally, I'm not bored with it yet.

Quote! I hope the minifig siries continue for long time :)

Leaked pictures of the next series have (all but one time) always come out shortly after I manage to snag a set of the current figures. And I got my set Monday. So the pictures should be imminent.

Steve

Leaked pictures of the next series have (all but one time) always come out shortly after I manage to snag a set of the current figures. And I got my set Monday. So the pictures should be imminent.

Steve

You have a picture? Great! If it isn't preliminary, post it here! :classic:

Or at least give us a list of the figures.

Edited by just2good