Sirens-of-Titan

Design a 5th Guild Challenge

I have one question about the world (of Historica): is Historica located on a discworld or a globe?

Edited by Jacob Nion

I have one question about the world (of Historica): is Historica located on a discworld or a globe?

As much as I love Terry Pratchett books, I think it's a globe. (Although I don't think it matters much. If you want your guild to believe they inhabit a flat world that's ok) :thumbup:

As much as I love Terry Pratchett books, I think it's a globe. (Although I don't think it matters much. If you want your guild to believe they inhabit a flat world that's ok) :thumbup:

It matters a much for the location of my planned guild. But I can deal with both options. Thanks.

So I'm assuming there are no problems with my idea??? I will go ahead and finish it up then...

PS Is this 5th guild going to be an actual guild that people can join or a "story' guild only?

Edited by Mikel Kalores

So I'm assuming there are no problems with my idea??? I will go ahead and finish it up then...

PS Is this 5th guild going to be an actual guild that people can join or a "story' guild only?

My guess is story only. Otherwise, you would probably be required to a. have dual guild membership (which would be tough), or b. leave your original guild and join the new one. Of course, I could be wrong. :wink:

The Lego world pre-dating the Nexus/Malestrom war of recent times is, in fact, a cube. While not exactly a discworld, it is still flat sided and a three-demensinal polygon. Of course this doesnt change it's inhabitants beliefs.

Origins of Historica

The bard’s song tells a tale of a world long forgotten

Race against race, clan against clan, shields clashed with swords; long ago when Men of the Lion fought Men of the Falcon, and human armies succumbed to Orcs and undead. Each group clashed with its neighbor for power, unleashing upon the world a great scourge, and the arcane land was thrown into chaos. When it all seemed but lost, a council of wise men and sages was summoned. From all the lands they came to convene in the old world’s great city; the fortress of Cedrica.

To settle the grievance and end a millennium of bloodshed, the sages declined all the treaties of old and joined all the clans into one mighty Kingdom; Historica. They founded the Five Great Regions- each one a realm in itself; - Mitgardia in the North, Nocturnus in the East, Kaliphlin in the South, Avalonia in the West and Morgali in the Far South-West, so that trade routes would spring up and clans would meet in the markets and not in the theater of war. The wise men chose a family of great honor, to uphold the truce and to keep the four guilds from dispute, and descendants of that mighty kin to this day rule the Central lands of Historica. So goes the legend. For ten decades the races of old have migrated and spread through the world, following the trade routes, establishing cultures and prospering towns.

Today, it is a world of wonder and natural beauty; a realm where a man and a woman may find peace. But peace is short lived…

Treacherous assassins have tried to murder the King! The capital is in shock and there will be repercussions; the Four Regions assemble their forces as the balance of power shifts, and blame is passed around. For the first time in a century, the guilds of Historica build up old defenses and prepare for the inevitable confrontation; everything hangs in the balance, and Historica is on the verge of chaos once more…

Morgali, the land beyond.

7821381134_783115dc13_z.jpg

*Picture by myself

Guild History.

Years ago, before the fortress of Cedrica was erected, the races of men and elves fled the chaotic nation now know as Historica to find a new land. after 7 days of sailing the elvish longships came to an amazing island. A body of land stood on 14 massive pillars of rock, with smaller pillars guarding it. Elves being great climbers scaled the towering pillars to find at the top a country of beauty, rich wildlife and good soil, and thus the settlement of Cowamorce was made. over the decades the pillars had stairs buit into them so that trade may be made with the other four guilds. peace was established and Morgali became part of the Kingdom of Historica, The fifth guild.

Guild Leader - Arahaelon.

7848220208_0736cd93b5_z.jpg

Arahaelon is the third ruler of Morgali. he is a young ruler (or at least young for an elf) but is wise and strong. his father Elrohir, the last guildmaster of Morgali, passed on all the knowledge that was passed to him by his father before him. Aerahaelon is an expert swordsmen, by far the toughest on the island. He holds the respect of many

Guild Standard - The Griffins claw.

7848165506_a81d20805f_z.jpg

The griffins claw is the army of Morgali, that goes under the flying colors of green and red. these soldiers are fierce warriors, experts of the bow and sword.

Landscape.

7829528378_084d8ba9bf.jpg

*Picture by myself

Morgali is an interesting land. It lies on pillars of rock, miles up in the sky. atop the main body there lies grass lands with the occasional spear of rock. the soil is good, Morgali is know for its agriculture. under the soil the rock is hard, impossible to penetrate, which is why the pillars can support such a huge mass. hills are spread out across the land as are rivers and streams. the rivers end up in massive water falls that plummet to the ocean. they have never run dry since men and elves set foot on it. the reason is unknown but the elders believe it is due to the damp climate, the island is often engulfed in the clouds.

Wildlife.

Many Exotic plants are found on Morgali. likewise there is a diverse variety of majestic creatures that dwell such as dragons and griffins

7836187842_01bd29f928_n.jpg

Architecture.

7848165862_70b6668303_c.jpg

As times have gone by a certain style of architecture has developed, taking the typical elvish architecture and tweaking it with that of men with a very strong Oriental influence. wood is scarce on Morgali but is imported from the Avalonian Forests (through trade, of course).

Capitol:

The Capitol of Morgali is the old settlement Cowamorce. now a magnificent city mounted on the largest hill on the island. it is a walled fortification and many elves and men settle there. it is a culturally rich city, Delicious foods, music and arts are often found while walking the streets.

Unique Characteristics:

*Used to damp, warm climates( everywhere except the peaks, which freeze up in the winter months).

*NOT afraid of heights!

*passionate about culture and religion.

Edited by Legonardo

I haven't really done much planning... So far, we have... Desert, Mountain, Plains and swamps.

I would say that A water place wouldbe nice. I say, ATLANTIS! Or maybe a dwarf Kingdom. An underground lair. Sort of like the Falmer and Dwemer in skyrim.

Edited by Medic!!!

1. [*]
Guild name: Atlantis– Millenia ago, when life first appeared on the land, the Oceans were far more advanced. They already had weapons, buildings and great temples. This was Atlantis, the secret withheld in the oceans.

Guild location: In the oceans around Historica.

Capitol and Ruler: The Trench is the Capitol of the Sea, and heavily defended. With impenetrable walls and immense pressure, only water dwellers can venture in. T

Unique characteristics: resilient against fire magic, can survive in immense pressure and excellent swimmers.

[*]Color Scheme: Blue and Gold – blue representing the oceans and Gold representing the Statue of Triton, patron of sea creatures.

[*]Leader: Lord Neptune is the current lord of atlantis. He took over from Lord Oceanus when he fell in battle.

7851065328_b9fdb9ba6b_z.jpg[/url]

Guild 5 Vig by RobinTheBoyWonder, on Flickr

7851080958_62bd8064e5_z.jpg

Lord Neptune by RobinTheBoyWonder, on Flickr

I shall probably be judged for not doing any photography and legonardo davidy will probably win but....

I give you...

The Realm of the Fae.

Description

Ever wonder where hordes of evil mutated elves, and creatures from beyond scary and onto damn freaky come from?

Well, They're from the land of the Fae. The Fae folk are like the Fairy folk. Except they are like the fairyfolk's badass cousin. Whether it be centaurs to fauns, Faeries to daemons (Cos' the A makes everything cooler.) You shall find the exact sick monster that you have been looking for! They give low prices to evildoers, and have a "2 Kraken for the price of 1" deal at the moment!

The landscape is beautiful, Idyllic streams that turn out to be poisoned, Magical forests that actually EAT you, and the most lovely mountain range that erupts in your face... Because they're volcanos megablock! Flowers pollonised by giant bees, Moles that do wear glasses, and gore you, Architecturally brilliant castles that are inpractical and alright silly. Talking wolves, Talking wolf secret police, Talking wolves-that-turn-out-to-be-werewolves: You got gored club. With member perks.

History

The realm of the fae is.... Pretty much... A floating rock. When the world was young, and the 4 guilds of Historica were only just forming... There was a fifth guild. It was home to the elves, who did not farm wheat or corn, Instead, they farmed magic! They were very powerful, And hated the squabbling of the other guilds! They just wanted to learn. So on one fateful day, The most powerful mages of all the land, The Fae, Met in the capitol, And raised the realm out of the ground. This caused intense side effects, livestock merged into humans, creating fauns and Centaurs, Fisherman became fish themselves, The massive bang created made mountains erupt, poisoned streams and made even the trees themselves come alive. BAnd now, everyone has huge eyes, and their ears are pointy... Since then, the fae have been studying magic, their supplies running lower and lower, and so finally they have revealed themselves, in need of food, metal, and water.

Military:

The Faeries, a race of elf like men, were first born after elves were exposed to high magic energy. The Faeries radiate it,Magic. They make excellent spellcasters, and have even managed to do the impossible deed of raising an island!

7856029028_46fff8a18c.jpg

These are the main part of the army, The militiamen. They are highly trained in the use of elven-style blades, and can even craft elf-style weaponry themselves! They have basic magic knowledge, like healing and levitation.

7856031984_7907ffcce5.jpg

The Mer-warriors swin in the poisoned lakes and saltwater streams of The realm of the fae. They make great Spearmen, and make up for the lack of ships (forests that eat you remember!)

7856027684_fd204946a0.jpg

The centaurs make up the cavalry of The fae, they are much more efficient than any normal cavalry, and have become fearless after all of that charging! The Fauns are brilliant skirmishers, and make up some of the finest warriors in All of the realm. They pack a beastly kick and headbutts have horns!

7856030452_06a9df76ea.jpg

And now... For the rulers of all of the realm... The faerie princess, a manipulative, seductive woman who uses all of her power to get what she wants, and the General of the Forces of the Fae, Ulfric Stormcloak.. Lanson... Yes, just Lanson.. You know! Lanson, son of Lan, son of wifi.. etc! A bit of a badass.. And some say, 1000 years old.

7856160586_07facc68e3.jpg

The fae are rich, they are golden, only the fae can stop global warming, they are green.

Unique characteristics

The Fae are resistant to any kind of magic which makes them a threat.

My bad presentation is bad :P

Yeah, I got bored :P

Edited by Medic!!!

Medic, this is a great idea, it really deserves the further development of all the necessary items for submission. If you don`t submit photos, you simply won`t qualify as an entry. Good luck! :classic:

Legonardo, your photoshop work is absolutely brilliant. *huh**oh2* For the 3 buildings together, is the baseplate also lego or pure photoshop?

My guild entry will be up sometime next week, I hope.

:classic:

Medic, this is a great idea, it really deserves the further development of all the necessary items for submission. If you don`t submit photos, you simply won`t qualify as an entry. Good luck! :classic:

Legonardo, your photoshop work is absolutely brilliant. *huh**oh2* For the 3 buildings together, is the baseplate also lego or pure photoshop?

Alas, I am lacking in Faery parts and I am away for the next week. However I have got a centaur and a faun...

Further development shall be done.

dark-angel-01.jpg

- My lord...

- Not now.

- But my lord...

- I told you so many times, obey my first, and do not ask second.

- So, you are now going to stand there... all of you? Ok, what?

- There are some... individuals asking for you.

- In this time of night? Sent them away. Let them come tomorrow.

- My lord, I think you should meet them. There is something... unnatural about them.

- Ahaha, so, they are typical Nocturnians. Sent them away!

- ...my lord, they are not, they are darker. They suck the light out of the room, and all the plants died, Sligruth stud in front of them requesting introduction, and they just touched him. He went to the floor instantly... And Snarla, maiden, can not stop crying, and one of them just laid his eyes on her...

- you are right, I will deal with this immediately, first the Drow, then that damn elemental wizard, and now this... will I have no peace? Give me my armor!

- And my lord, not that way, they are not in the great hall, they are on the terrace.

- The terrace? But how?

- They flu, my lord. Came with the darkest part of night.

dark-02.jpg

Lord Ssilyrrlith was not known as a man that carries a lot of guards with him, only two. Now, he wanted to impress the new comers. He went on the terrace alone. And there, in the dark, he saw four shadows moving. He is a ruthless leader, who got that position certainly not by being afraid or soft, but, at that particular moment, he felt quite uneasy... An evil was gushing the air; he was evil, in his own kind of way, like most of Nocrutnians, but this... elemental evil:

- My lord - a soft voice, building words like he was singing a song, engulfed him; at least they acknowledge him as a lord of this part of Historica - We heed your attention. A great evil is going to swallow your lands. You have to be prepared.

- I know. The Drow. But we can handle them.

- The darskinned elves of the underground? The are just children...

- Oh, you mean elementals. Not a problem, we are holding our grounds. In Nocturnus, only two places were hit, Waterdeep and the village of Oorok, and

- No, my lord. Elemental are but a toys. This evil is more ancient then just magic or power thirsty creatures

- So, is it... you?

Something that could resemble a giggle swiped trough four shadowee silhouettes. Or was it a frown? Either way, he felt uneasy, and questioned his decision to go outside without guards

- No, but it could be said we have a same... heritage. There will be changes on Historica, we can feel it in our souls, we can feel it pressing our bones, the clouds are coming closer to the earth, and THEY are coming - his voice transferred from melody to hissing - And THEY are much more numerous from us, and they did defeat us before, as it was just luck... And they will cleanse every city that you have, every house and every soul, and if you do not organize and include other clans, they will whipe you out the face of Historica. They will not want to, they will be compound to do so.

- But why? What have we do to them, if we even do not know they exist??

- Because you are evil, and evil can not be allowed to exist... And after you are delt with, we will be next.

dark-01.jpg

- So, they are good?

- Good, evil, this kind of alignment is just a point of view. Trust us, if they mark someone as an evil creature, they will clans him. Regardless of guild, clan, race, gender, age... Speak with powers of this world. Unite. Or perish.

- That will never work. And why would I believe you? You seem as evil as the ones you are describing?

- We will let you live, for now, my lord. That should be proof enough. You've been warned. We do not have patience for you lesser species either way. You can either organize, change or perish. You can not change, you do not want to perish, so I suggest you organize... And live as long as you are able, my lord... - and they vanished. Not flu away, just merged with the shadows.

Lord Ssilyrrlith was left alone on the terrace, alone with his thoughts... So, a fifth power is coming... from the clouds? Unbelievable, this could as well be a plot of the Drow, a mischief of the Khaliphilians to buy more weapons or just a plan from Avalonians to usurp him and make him look in the sky, while they attack from the ground. Or from beneath a ground, in case of the Drow... He decided to sleep on this, but what he could not know until few nights later, this encounter made him loose ability of sleeping for a whole week... THEY? Do THEY have a name?

dark-wizard-01.jpgdark-warrior-01.jpg

dark-leader-01.jpgdark-archer-01.jpg

Dark angels, my favorite is archer ;)

I must say, this is not my fifht guild, just a fun intro :)

The base is just photoshop, but the 3 buildings are all lego.

Medic!!! I can only see 1 of your photots.

Angeli looking good!

I think this is actually the best challenge yet. It will be some work just before the deadline, but I will definitely enter! :thumbup:

Medic!!! I can only see 1 of your photots.

Me too, the rest say "This photo is currently unavalible". :sceptic:

Well I have pretty much finished my entry Here is a teaser until I get it photographed, Ill edit the photos and the back story in once I get the photo done. EDIT: photos and more backstory are now up

Guild: Varlyrio

Varlyrio-map-M.jpg

Guild Location: (relative to Historica) Ten days sailing west of Avalonia

Capital: Illyrian, the capital, is a city of canals and many of the residents have made their wealth as merchants. Most the trade and travel is done by gondolas inside the capital.

Varlyrio16-M.jpg

Unique characteristics: Varlyrions are as comfortable on the water as on land. They love art, music and entertainment but are disciplined warriors with a large navy and trade economy. As well as the navy, the capital also is home to the Corisar, the Army of Varlyrio.

Color scheme and citizens: White and Gold

Varlyrio20-M.jpg

varlyrio5-M.jpg

varlyrio6-M.jpg

varlyrio8-M.jpg

More photos and details in HERE

Races:

• Human - Mostly along the western coast as well as the quarries and settlements along the Coluna mountains
  • Dwarves – The Stoneheart Clan live deep in the Coluna mountains. Allied with the Varlyrions they have set up a prosperous trade agreement with one another.
  • Orcs – several small clans live on the eastern edge of the Coluna mountains. Over the last generation or so the orcs have kept to themselves, harassing only the smallest of traveling parties but recently they have begun to become more organized and have began raiding larger caravans.
  • Minotaurs - Small clans dot the Inland sea. The clans are largely neutral but several have been known to join pirate crews or act as hired guards for merchant caravans or ships.

Geography: Varlyrio is a large island nearly 300 miles at its widest point. The island is divided into to two varied climates, divided by a large mountain range. The West coast is where most the population is settled. It is fertile and produces olive, citrus fruits, grapes (and wine) along with many vegetables. An abundance of fish and seafood is available. Whaling is a prosperous buisness. Sheep and goats are the principal domestic herd animals. Wild life includes many types of fowl, deer, and boars.

The Eastern coast of Varlyrio is mostly uninhabited but there are small settlements of brave entrepreneurs, adventures and pirates that prey on the ships that venture to and from Historica.

The Inland sea is mostly rocky with sparse grass. There are several wild beasts that live in the lands but only the bravest and most stanch Varlyrions will venture there without a small army and long supply train.

The mountain range that cuts the island in two is known as the Coluna Mountains and stone, coal, precious metal and gems are produced and transported down the river or the Mountain Road to the capital city.

Name and build the leader of the 5th Guild. Amancio is the ruler of Varlyrio . Commonly referred to as Rego, or King in the common tongue, his father was Rego before him as his father was for several generations. When he was young, he was an apprentice on a merchant vessel although his identity was hidden as he traveled and traded with Historia. He later became Captain of the flagship of the Varlyrion navy after coming through the ranks. When his father died and he became Rego.

He married his long time sweetheart, Ercilia. They have two sons, Baltasar and Atilio, and a daughter, Aurora. Baltasar and Atilio are young captains in the Varyrion navy while Aurora is coming of age but has a strong spirit of adventure. Baltasar is the oldest and as such, will become Rego when the time comes.

varlyrio2-M.jpg

Rego Amancio

More photos at this link

Edited by MikeyB

UPDATE 21/9!

1)

Eaurios, pearl of the Ocean

Oceans are dangerous and deep so there aren't many people who are facing them. But if they do, they could reach Eaurios. Suprisingly in the middle of the Ocean east to Mitgardia there is shallow water. When they would succeed to pass the treacherous water and creatures in the shallows they'll find the grand forrests of Eaurios. The giant salt water trees and plants there are magnificant and provide the people everything they need. Like food, wood and even shelter because the trees are hollow. And what the trees can't provide the ocean does!

History

Stories say the citizens from Eaurios came from the oceans further east and that they are descendens of an elvish race. They were seeking treasures but found the forrests instead. They were struck by the beauty of it and decided to stay. Since then Eaurios is a thriving land where people live in harmony with nature. Rarely they visit the coasts of Mitgardia and Nocturnus because what business will they be seeking there when having already found the Pearl of the Ocean.

Trading

Eaurios is famous for their fish markets, merchants from all over Historica come here to buy goods to sell for a good profit in their own guilds.

They also excel in making fishing ships. They often get orders for making ships from Mitgardian fishermen.

Also foreign traders come to buy(or more often steel) the fruits the trees are providing.

Housing

Although most people live inside trees, the bigger cities like Rifidem also have a lot of large wooden build (tree)houses and (tree)fortresses. Only a few live in stone houses near the rocky shallows in the north.

Nature

Although most of Eaurios is shallows and large salt water forrests, there is also a lot of diversity.

Going north you´ll find the rocky coasts. South you´ll find beautifull beaches and on the east coast there´s a magnificent reef. West mainly just shallows.

Guild name: Eaurios

Guild Location: A 10 day swim away from the East coast of Mitgardia

Capital and Ruler: Rifidem ruled by Eshreï Amthibius

Unique characteristics: It is said, the people of Eaurios can swim faster than a man can row. No doubt about that, because they are raised surrounded by water. That also makes them excellent ship builders and fishermen.

2)

Color scheme:

7879332480_6cd840fb95_z.jpg

Military

7879330174_1d4bb7763e_z.jpg

Citizens

3)

Eshreï Amthibius, the leader of Eaurios. She became leader when she was very young. When a sea serpent threatened a village she and her father fought the beast. Unfortunately her father died in the fight but she managed to defeat it. So with her father dead and being only child she became the new leader. The scar on her face still reminds her of it everyday.

(Rumours say Lady Chorian is her sister but it's never confirmed...)

7879327640_b891587591_z.jpg

4)

7879310932_256b282ff5_z.jpg

Overview

7879312850_6f63f0d25b.jpg7879318848_0ccf05b119.jpg

Tree watch/What's for dinner? Dolphin!

7879315158_f9721a9fbb_n.jpg7879316904_bbda5ec14c_n.jpg

Out for some fish/Watching the realm

7879326160_8929c6696c_n.jpg7879321198_0edc0a2537_n.jpg

Interiors

Better photo's: Flickr

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Are you allowed to submit aditional information including MOCs? For example (I believe this has already been done, just double checking), are you alowed to build an animal to go with wildlife? Or is the actual LEGO building limited to your 16x16-20x20? Or, can you sumbit a wildlife (or other) catagory along with a picture and it won't really be judged (or will be considered minor)? :sceptic: Thanks.

Are you allowed to submit aditional information including MOCs? For example (I believe this has already been done, just double checking), are you alowed to build an animal to go with wildlife? Or is the actual LEGO building limited to your 16x16-20x20? Or, can you sumbit a wildlife (or other) catagory along with a picture and it won't really be judged (or will be considered minor)? :sceptic: Thanks.

If you mean "can you submit a smaller vignette with wildlife", then no. If you mean "can you show brick-built animals as part of your population/picture of your citizens and leader?" then yes. I'd like to keep all entrees within the same format, so lookm at what's been posted already and use it as a guide. MikeyB, and Ecclesiastes did a great job laying it out. :thumbup:

If you mean "can you submit a smaller vignette with wildlife", then no. If you mean "can you show brick-built animals as part of your population/picture of your citizens and leader?" then yes. I'd like to keep all entrees within the same format, so lookm at what's been posted already and use it as a guide. MikeyB, and Ecclesiastes did a great job laying it out. :thumbup:

Thanks! :classic: I'd better get busy with mine then!

Ok, just got back. Did the deadline get moved back two weeks? Or am I just going crazy. This would be good for me, as I should be able to enter.

Ok, just got back. Did the deadline get moved back two weeks? Or am I just going crazy. This would be good for me, as I should be able to enter.

your not crazy... well maybe you are but the deadline has moved back.

~Dangerous

You know, even if a proposed guild is not chosen, a group of these people could still exist, not as a guild, but as a... I am searching for a word:) a band, or a companionship of warriors/ peasants /scholars. There could be cities/tribes/people that are not part of any guilds, and people (us:) could continue and touch that city or a tribe in story or within next moc

i.e. if a proposed guild is not chosen, it does not have to be erased :) (Drow are already sending emissaries to those Eurios people who are eating dolphins, they look good and friendly, but they must be evil like hell :)

Morgali looks so beautiful on that island on pillars, it could continue to exist, if not voted for a guild :) It would not be a guild, but a city-state or something (they could even join one of the five guilds later:))

All could be implemented in one Historica story

There:)