Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Just got my ghostly poly bag today and it's awsome the ghost looks even more amazing from up close,totaly worth your money and I bet it's one of the best poly bags lego ever made.

Just got my ghostly poly bag today and it's awsome the ghost looks even more amazing from up close,totaly worth your money and I bet it's one of the best poly bags lego ever made.

I am INCREDIBLY envious of you right now. LOL

Although its not a MF figure, we are getting another zombie! It's going to be in the CMF Monster pack alongside a ghost and witch figure. It is pretty much the same as the original, but it has a brown suit and pants rather than grey. I'm not sure if the other two figs vary from the official ones. I also find the ghost odd because there is no ghost CMF. Maybe it will appear in series 9.

Edit: iPod autocorrect. T_T

I can't wait for that set! Great addition to MF. The witch is exactly the same and the ghost may not be so soon in the CMF series (if at all) after Monster Fighters. TLG wouldn't include other monster CMFs like Crazy Scientist, Vampire and Monster bc they're in the MF theme. What about the werewolf? He's not near the same in CMF series 4 as in MF.

The witch is exactly the same and the ghost may not be so soon in the CMF series (if at all) after Monster Fighters. TLG wouldn't include other monster CMFs like Crazy Scientist, Vampire and Monster bc they're in the MF theme. What about the werewolf? He's not near the same in CMF series 4 as in MF.

If I'm reading your post correctly, I have to disagree. There has already been a Monster, Vampire and Crazy Scientist collectable figure, all of which are very similar to the MF variations, not to mention the Man-Bat that was released in the latest wave (S8) which is very similar except for the colors and printing. I can definitely see a ghost CMF being released soon.

If I'm reading your post correctly, I have to disagree. There has already been a Monster, Vampire and Crazy Scientist collectable figure, all of which are very similar to the MF variations, not to mention the Man-Bat that was released in the latest wave (S8) which is very similar except for the colors and printing. I can definitely see a ghost CMF being released soon.

Excuse my wording, but I meant as you wrote. I meant, the only possible minifigures for this pack would be as shown, because the rest are made similarly in Monster Fighters.

Its an awesome theme (I have the Swamp Creature,Mummy,Werewolf,Hearse,and Crazy Scientist and His Monster sets)!!!! I hope it continues with more sets,books,and a tv series like Ninjago *oh2*

what is the consensus on the frankenstein set? is it as good as zombies?

The Zombies is a no-brainer if you are definitely getting the haunted house, sort of like you WILL buy Uruk-Hai Army if you plan to buy Helm's Deep. Even though the MF sets don't directly connect, they go together so well you can't pass it up. But I think the Crazy Scientist is a wonderful set. It's got great playability, interesting construction, good minifigs unless you already own all of their CMF iterations, and the car is quirky and awesome. With a few more bricks to build up the walls and connect the pieces, you've got one of the most iconic settings in movie history. And a really weird car to smash it up.

Does anybody know if the Lego stores are going to be selling the two polybag sets, ghost and zombie car?

I saw an add at my Lego store that the Zombie car would be a special with purchase giveaway at some point in September, to coincide, or as part of the Haunted House release. So it might not be a retail set.

I'm not sure how worth noting it is, but this weekend at a convention LEGO was attending, they handed out another Monster Fighters polybag, although it's pretty sparse as far as content. I tossed the pouch sorta foolishly, so I don't have the number code, but it contained a glow in the dark spider, as well as a white web, classic skeleton, black bat, red jewel, and green kryptonite piece, as well as a sheet of fancy plastic glow in the dark stickers. It was a neat promo kit, and a good way spookify pretty much any other set you might have.

So yeah, there's that out there too, for you polybag hunters.

I'm not sure how worth noting it is, but this weekend at a convention LEGO was attending, they handed out another Monster Fighters polybag, although it's pretty sparse as far as content. I tossed the pouch sorta foolishly, so I don't have the number code, but it contained a glow in the dark spider, as well as a white web, classic skeleton, black bat, red jewel, and green kryptonite piece, as well as a sheet of fancy plastic glow in the dark stickers. It was a neat promo kit, and a good way spookify pretty much any other set you might have.

That sounds interesting. Thanks for info. :classic:

By kryptonite piece, do you mean this? Can you post pictures of the set please?

By kryptonite piece, do you mean this? Can you post pictures of the set please?

Yes, that piece in dark trans green. As I said, I didn't save the baggy itself, so there's not much to take a picture of, but if you look at this you can see most of the content short of the gem pieces strewn about the place, and specifically the stickers, atop which Hulk is standing. There were no instructions, but there was a small Monster Fighters advertisement insert.

Here a nice clean HR image of the monster fighter promo polybag which is given with a purchase next month!

40076_800.jpg

Promo is available in Europe and US/CDN

with the same Minifigure from: 30200 Zombie Coffin Car

pTRU1-13394579enh-z6.jpg

pTRU1-13394579_alternate1_enh-z6.jpg

enjoy! :sick:

Edited by GRogall

enjoy! :sick:

:laugh: I'll have to agree with you there... the coffin far isn't all that exciting. However, I DO like the other promo! Looks like I'll be shelling out some pretty pennies in September.

Yes, that piece in dark trans green. As I said, I didn't save the baggy itself, so there's not much to take a picture of, but if you look at this you can see most of the content short of the gem pieces strewn about the place, and specifically the stickers, atop which Hulk is standing. There were no instructions, but there was a small Monster Fighters advertisement insert.

Interesting. That's a lot of figures for one polybag. I wish we had a bigger picture of the set. :look:

Edited by just2good

I'd rather have the coffin car as a promo. It has less pieces, but it looks spookier than the current promo and it's very reminiscent of the cars from LEGO Racers.

Bluebeard, out-