Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

To Australia, at Amazon.fr, the 10221 is 359.45 euros delivered

Cheers, thanks. I don't know if our dollar has dropped but it converts to $440.83 for me.

Cheers, thanks. I don't know if our dollar has dropped but it converts to $440.83 for me.

It converts to $425 for me. But I dont use amazons conversion I get billed in euros and let my card do the conversion.

It converts to $425 for me. But I dont use amazons conversion I get billed in euros and let my card do the conversion.

I think the rate you get all depends on the credit card you use. I normally use xe.com for exchange rates and then add 3% to give me an idea of what will appear on my statement.

Well well well, my Mines of Moria set arrived today from Barnes and Noble.

It only shipped on the 12th of June. As we assumed it had disappeared in transit (it did have Switzerland stickers all over it!) they refunded me a couple of weeks ago.

Can't complain!

Well well well, my Mines of Moria set arrived today from Barnes and Noble.

It only shipped on the 12th of June. As we assumed it had disappeared in transit (it did have Switzerland stickers all over it!) they refunded me a couple of weeks ago.

Can't complain!

How do you claim a refund from B&N?

How do you claim a refund from B&N?

I emailed them after the expected delivery dates expired. They asked me to contact customs and the post office which I did, and then asked to wait for a further fortnight just in case. Nothing arrived so I emailed them again and they sent through the refund. I expected that it was lost and had actually ordered it from amazon.de just before the shipping prices all increased.

Having a look at Tarazz.com.au

Their prices seem reasonable compared to S@H, though they are obviously putting a 10-15% mark-up on the prices for their cut, but that's fair enough.

But then you get to the postage! $85 each for the Pet Shop and the Grand Emporium. expensive, but ok. But if you add them both together, the postage goes up to $160. I thought things were supposed to get cheaper the more you bought.

Sure, its still cheaper than S@H, but that postage is outrageous.

Just checked the Aus Post website for sending parcels internationally, looks like that amount isn't so bad after all. I'll never complain about S@H's shipping costs ever again.

Having a look at Tarazz.com.au

Their prices seem reasonable compared to S@H, though they are obviously putting a 10-15% mark-up on the prices for their cut, but that's fair enough.

But then you get to the postage! $85 each for the Pet Shop and the Grand Emporium. expensive, but ok. But if you add them both together, the postage goes up to $160. I thought things were supposed to get cheaper the more you bought.

Sure, its still cheaper than S@H, but that postage is outrageous.

Just checked the Aus Post website for sending parcels internationally, looks like that amount isn't so bad after all. I'll never complain about S@H's shipping costs ever again.

Two words, amazon france. Got the FB and grand emporium from them for like $312 shipped a couple of weeks ago :thumbup:

Two words, amazon france. Got the FB and grand emporium from them for like $312 shipped a couple of weeks ago :thumbup:

Was this directly from Amazon or a reseller?

Was this directly from Amazon or a reseller?

From amazon itself, I just checked my old orders page on their site and it was actually around $325 but that is still good considering it only took 4 days to get here from europe in mint condition. :laugh:

Edited by apps

From amazon itself, I just checked my old orders page on their site and it was actually around $325 but that is still good considering it only took 4 days to get here from europe in mint condition. :laugh:

Oh lucky you, I can't seem to find any stock from Amazon right now. Although I'd happily have someone prove me wrong, I'm still not entirely sure if I'm doing the whole 'buy off a foreign language site' search correctly.. :tongue:

Oh lucky you, I can't seem to find any stock from Amazon right now. Although I'd happily have someone prove me wrong, I'm still not entirely sure if I'm doing the whole 'buy off a foreign language site' search correctly.. :tongue:

I used google chrome and it automaticly translates it for you. Which part of the world are you in? If you just place an order any stock they do get will get shipped to you, that is how I did it and even though the site said there was no stock mine still got sent so I would just give it a go and don't worry about what the site says :thumbup:

Edited by apps

I used google chrome and it automaticly translates it for you. Which part of the world are you in? If you just place an order any stock they do get will get shipped to you, that is how I did it and even though the site said there was no stock mine still got sent so I would just give it a go and don't worry about what the site says :thumbup:

Same place as you mate :thumbup: Ah I see, just realised I can pick the seller as Amazon. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna have a browse around. And I use Chrome too, I'm just still confused about what country's Amazon ships to Australia for what.

Edited by Godspeed

Same place as you mate :thumbup: Ah I see, just realised I can pick the seller as Amazon. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna have a browse around. And I use Chrome too, I'm just still confused about what country's Amazon ships to Australia for what.

Tell me about it and sorry I forgot about the tab that lets you choose the seller, there is a bit of stuffing around to get it just right hey. By the way they are shipping the SSD here for around $425 too if you are keen.

Also if you go throught the checkout process it will let you know if you can buy it after you enter your postal address!

Edited by apps

Tell me about it and sorry I forgot about the tab that lets you choose the seller, there is a bit of stuffing around to get it just right hey. By the way they are shipping the SSD here for around $425 too if you are keen.

Also if you go throught the checkout process it will let you know if you can buy it after you enter your postal address!

I saw the SSD, tempted, but I think I better get my hands on the Imperial Shuttle before it hits EOL. Also, is it cheaper to buy the sets in euros rather than having it converted?

I saw the SSD, tempted, but I think I better get my hands on the Imperial Shuttle before it hits EOL. Also, is it cheaper to buy the sets in euros rather than having it converted?

I would recommend paying in Euros and letting your own bank / cc do the conversion. I've found in the past that amazons conversion rate is higher than the real world. It may only be a few $$ more, but you are ordering from Amazon to get the best bargain possible so you might as well maximise the savings where you can :tongue:

My order from Tarazz arrived today (actually it arrived on Wednesday but wasn't home to pick it up). Ordered on the 30th July and got shipping notice a week later. Not bad shipping speed especially compared to Barnes and noble. Came in two boxes, one for the fire brigade modular and one for a bunch of smaller items (7956 Ewok Attack, 7959 Genoshian Starfighter, 7913 Clone Trooper battle pack, 6865 captain America Cycle, 6867 Lokis cosmic Cube, 6866 Wolverines Chopper Showdown and 6868 Hulk Breakout)

Smaller items were well packed with rolled up paper filling up the box, and the fire brigade in a fitted box. Unfortunately they were both strapped together which dinted the box slightly but not enought to complain.

All in all very happy with the order. Especially as was only $48 shipping for the lot! Looks as though they have changed their shipping prices so will have to check them out before ordering again from them.

Posted in the LOTR thread:

Fellow Canadians!! *oh2* *oh2* *oh2*

(EDIT:And residents from Australia, New Zealand and the UK!!!)

Warner Brother's online merch shop now sells LOTR sets (minus Orc Forge) at USA MSRP price and apparently ships to Canada - you know what that means!!! I haven't tried ordering yet (I'm in the process of moving) but I will definitely get my 2nd Uruk Hai army set from them if they ship to Canada.

Anyone care to try it out?

http://www.wbshop.com

Looks like a good viable option, couldn't quite tell if the postage was flat-rate or not or what the deal was. It looked like it might be pretty low. (But "Free Shipping" is only available to USA, as usual)

Posted in the LOTR thread:

Looks like a good viable option, couldn't quite tell if the postage was flat-rate or not or what the deal was. It looked like it might be pretty low. (But "Free Shipping" is only available to USA, as usual)

Looks like shipping is flat rate, $20 for international. Also use the coupon "123F45677894300D1934" to get $10 off orders of $30+ :thumbup:

Looks like Amazon.es has gone the way of Amazon.it and is shipping next to no Lego to Australia.

Even stuff I have previously ordered now won't ship :cry_sad:

Amazon.de had the 3315 and 3185 Friends sets for 10 euros each. They have raised the price back up now, I am just hoping they honour it!

EDIT: Very happy, one of the sets has shipped :D

Edited by TheDarkness

Amazon.de had the 3315 and 3185 Friends sets for 10 euros each. They have raised the price back up now, I am just hoping they honour it!

EDIT: Very happy, one of the sets has shipped :D

What! Now, that's one great find!

What! Now, that's one great find!

My oath it was!

3 3315 and 2 3185 sets delivered to Australia for 84 Euros!

Some girls in the family will have a great Christmas!

EDIT: And for those interested the Collectable Minifig Series 8 boxes are available from Amazon.fr. Mine shipped last night :grin:

Edited by TheDarkness