Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day One

Nope. I don't find anybody suspicious so far, so I'm not voting until then, no matter how many times you read me poetry. Silly monkey.

Look harder. :hmpf: If everyone had that attitude, we'd not have a lynch. And that would be bad.

Look harder. :hmpf: If everyone had that attitude, we'd not have a lynch. And that would be bad.

Lucky for you, it seems few people do share my stance. I'm not taking part in today's lynch, but I'm not pushing for everyone to do the same.

Fantastic idea. Let's kill off all the inactive people so our chances of catching scum are even better. :sarcasm:

No, you misunderstand. The idea is to put pressure on the quiet ones to get them to become more active. If the scum are forced to pretend to be active members of the town, we should be able to single them out from real town members easier. Webs of lies are easy to unravel.

Harriet Slutter would apply pressure and see what pops. And if it works for Harriet, it should work for us.

No, you misunderstand. The idea is to put pressure on the quiet ones to get them to become more active. If the scum are forced to pretend to be active members of the town, we should be able to single them out from real town members easier. Webs of lies are easy to unravel.

I was mostly joking with that statement. I do agree, getting people to talk more often is a good way of snagging scum in their slip-ups, but unless you're making suggestive jokes or frequently comment on the situation around Petey, there's not all too much to talk about. Bristol has been extremely quiet, though.

So you rather not vote, am I going to have to recite you the many tales of why that's a terrible idea. Please tell me I don't? :cry_sad:

An even stupider idea than defending somebody on Day 1 (I'm learning that from experience :grin: ). Lynching is a tool that must be used.

Alright. I'm going to vote for Casey, she has been consistantly with everyone in this whole discussion, it's weird. When responded to she speaks a lot of words but not offer much of an explanation... I did not understand what she was getting at, anyway. Maybe she can explain it to me?

While I don't like Petey's behaviour, I may be overanalyzing it. He is definitely among the ones I keep an eye on. (I'm watching you :angry:) But for now I want to hear more from Casey.

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty)

And I can't help but notice Petey has not responded to my reasons for suspicion. Please do that.

That's a fair cop and you're within reason to do that. I thought I had explained myself and addressed your points of suspicion against me, but I recognize that there probably isn't a solid explanation in my posts; though if you are confused, it'd help if you asked for clarification instead of assuming what I meant or just dismissing them. I think a good place to start is some things you've said in this post (I'd like to explain myself otherwise, but I don't want to assume too much...). Well, the only real point is my being "consistently with everyone in this whole discussion," which, when you are in a discussion, consistency is a good thing, no? I'd be more worried with folks who weren't consistent than those who are. I do apologize that I'm trying to not be confusing :wacko: .

That's a fair cop and you're within reason to do that. I thought I had explained myself and addressed your points of suspicion against me, but I recognize that there probably isn't a solid explanation in my posts; though if you are confused, it'd help if you asked for clarification instead of assuming what I meant or just dismissing them. I think a good place to start is some things you've said in this post (I'd like to explain myself otherwise, but I don't want to assume too much...). Well, the only real point is my being "consistently with everyone in this whole discussion," which, when you are in a discussion, consistency is a good thing, no? I'd be more worried with folks who weren't consistent than those who are. I do apologize that I'm trying to not be confusing :wacko: .

Are you kidding me? Consistent is about the last word I'd use to describe you right now... I meant, that you made a habit of picking both sides throughout the entire discussion.

That probably stems from my confusion in the accusation. It's not my intention to divert attention away from Petey, I'm just having trouble to find an actual reason to lynch Petey over this argument on the basis of a Day-1 over-reaction. I don't personally find it condemning, which looks like the direction it was going in. That doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of Petey, though. It is odd behavior, but I'm wondering if it's the odd behavior of one of our own or a Cultist. Does that make sense? I'm feeling under the weather a bit, so please excuse my frazzled mind.

This makes no sense, you think his behaviour is odd, yet you don't want to lynch him. Plus lot's of things that have nothing to do with this. If you think his behaviour is odd, why not push? Passiveness leads to death. Rule of thumb, you can write it down, quote me, whatever.

Also your insistance on stopping the argument and useless talk about "intentions" rub me the wrong way, still.

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 1 vote (CorneliusMurdock)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 1 vote (Eskallon)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 1 vote (Scubacarrot)

And I can't help but notice Petey has not responded to my reasons for suspicion. Please do that.

Sorry about that, I think you replied while I was replying to Mindy and I missed your reply somehow.

If you think I was acting like a dick.... Then you are seeing stuff that is not there, because I have been perfectly nice. :cry_sad: At least as nice as you can expect from an Alpha Male Silverback Gorilla (Represent).

Fact is that your behaviour looks odd to me, it is incredibly over defensive, and weird. You literally accused me of setting you up for a lynch and twisting your words, you wrongly accused me of summarizing... I don't get it. Either you are more paranoid than everyone I have ever met and you arevery concerned for your own life, or there is something else going on. Either way, I think I am going to keep an eye on everything you say.

Seeing stuff that's not there? Yeah, that's something I am pretty good at. I think calling you a dick was out of line though Gordon, and I apologize. You were gruff, and have been since, and sometimes I mistake bluntness for dickness (dickiness?). I think you did summarize though, but I don't see a debate would make sense on that either way. I mean, you don't feel like what you did was summarizing and I do, what's the big deal there? Nothing.

I may be the most paranoid person you have ever met and concerned for my own life, but I can't change who I am. Please do keep an eye on me, two eyes even, you'll see I'm just paranoid and hopefully I can help find some scum and bring them to justice soon. I only want what's best for the town and I am really trying to help, which of course is impossible if I'm lynched (except for the help of voting and attack patterns from today but I would rather help in a way that doesn't mean I'm dead, if at all possible).

I still feel strongly about Petey, and since I was the first person to comment against him, it feels right I'm the first person to vote against him.

Really? You are still going to claim that you started this whole thing? Gordon was the first person to comment against me, why do you keep saying you were? :hmpf:

This day is moving fast with a surprising quantity of substance. At the moment, Taxidermy is taking a huge tax on my ability to participate, but I should be able to manage the level of participation I have demonstrated all day until the end of the day, at which point I will be able to participate more. :sweet:

Let me pick up where I started.

Well jeez, this whole Petey Problem has really gotten out of Henry the Hand. I agree that his behavior is odd, however it is not unusual for Petey to make somewhat abrupt comments that demonstrate a misunderstanding. I believe in both of the Excalibur plays, he behaved in such a manner, which allowed the villains of the first to spread distrust of him, and the heroes of the second to figure him out as a villain. I can't tell which this is, but while odd, it doesn't seem off. I won't vote for him simply because he totally misunderstood a joke and got serious all of a sudden. I expect that kind of thing from him. I'm really busy taxidermying and things, so I'll be back later.

I still think that Petey's behavior is somewhat consistent with his normal behavior as a familiar neighbor. I think his reaction to what was obviously more of the status quo joking did a great job of getting the conversation focused on the pressing issue. That is to say... the Lynch. As others have said, we now have plenty of behaviors to analyze in our copious spare time. As far as I'm concerned, Petey's behavior, including tossing potatoes at those who were talkative, but somewhat "cool-headed" read ambivalent does not worry me. What does worry me is the behavior of those who do not share my opinion, namely Pennie. More on that later. It could be that he is not as close a neighbor as I to Petey, and therefor does not notice how normal the somewhat-spacy behavior is, or it could be an attempt to build a quick lynch behind someone who made a mistake by sticking-out.

I still feel strongly about Petey, and since I was the first person to comment against him, it feels right I'm the first person to vote against him.

Vote: Petey Panda (darkdragon)

Not gonna list the reasons, anyone following should know why! :look:

I'm getting a strange feeling from you at the moment. You're really insistant that you were the first to jump on Petey for a stupid mistake, which is something I remember from a play called Jedi Temple where a very strongly opinioned individual asserted that he was responsible for a scum's lynch in order to appear townie. I'm not suggesting that you are taking credit for the lynch of a scum as a scum, that would make no sense this early in the game. I am however worried that you may be scum taking credit for any lynch, protected by the tried and true "a scum wouldn't draw this much attention to himself so early in the game." It's a good argument to make in one's defense, and since you have made sure that no one could possibly think that you were not the originator of the bandwagon, you also have the benefit of not being a bandwagon follower. Essentially you're in a very convenient position, especially if the bandwagon against Petey does not work, because it is very beneficial for the scum to split the vote. Now that most people seem to be focused on other targets, or at least, are not as focused on Petey as they were earlier, you also have the benefit of appearing to stick to your principles by being one of the only ones to vote for Petey.

Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon)

I'm very distracted at the moment, so I'll try to post more later. I have other opinions, but right now Pennie's the only one I'm truly concerned about.

BAWK! I agree that Petey is acting a little defensively and weird, but when there is ever pressure on someone, they are bound to get fidgety. Which is why I'm going to Vote: Bristol Bunny (Bob). I wouldn't mind seeing a little MORE fidgit from that one. :sceptic: Other names that I'd throw in for consideration are... well, I'm kind of lost on that regard. The Petey and Casey thing is a a little confusing, but they certainly can't both be cultists, because BAWK they wouldn't be so openly allying themselves. Petey isn't so desperate as to randomly reach out if a cultist, and draw more attention to himself... he's not in the position yet... BAWK! And of course, Casey wouldn't draw attention to herself either if she was cultist... I don't think...

The first days of these sort of events are so hard, or so I've heard. :wacko: So little to go on.

Speaking of hearing things, who said that. :hmpf_bad: Parrots bawk too, not only BAWK pigeons. They more gobble. I think. I've never met one. :hmpf_bad:

Terribly sorry, everyone! I've had a tough time making more cream today and I'm still getting caught up. Let me know if I missed anything. :blush:

Vote: Petey Panda (darkdragon)

Not gonna list the reasons, anyone following should know why! :look:

While Petey isn't particularly pro-town, I don't see why you're death tunneling him. :sceptic: He pointed out where Ernie was saying something concerning - even if it was a joke - and you pounced on him for it just like the lion you are. Of course, when being death tunneled, he'd be defensive - wouldn't you if someone was coming at you all self-righteously and calling for your head?

However, I don't think you're cult - your push seems to have good intent to it.

And Portia, I don't quite understand why you're voting Bristol. She's always been a very quiet mouse, and lynching lurkers on day 1 pretty much never has any good results.

So you rather not vote, am I going to have to recite you the many tales of why that's a terrible idea. Please tell me I don't? :cry_sad:

Alright. I'm going to vote for Casey, she has been consistantly with everyone in this whole discussion, it's weird. When responded to she speaks a lot of words but not offer much of an explanation... I did not understand what she was getting at, anyway. Maybe she can explain it to me?

While I don't like Petey's behaviour, I may be overanalyzing it. He is definitely among the ones I keep an eye on. (I'm watching you :angry:) But for now I want to hear more from Casey.

Now this is a little more like it. Casey has been giving the subtle push to Petey while still agreeing with everyone else, as you said, which is definitely a scum tactic.

And now you too, Pancho. :sceptic: Just throwing in the towel and lynching a lurker provides very little evidence - I think it's important to lynch someone from the main discussion (Petey, Pennie, or Casey - preferably Casey) to give us more information on more people. For example, if we for example lynched Pennie and she flipped scum, we'd of course turn a suspicious eye to Ernie.

That kinda thing, Pancho.

Bristol can save herself by saying anything! Literally anything. She never sends mail either. :sadnew: I've got a business to look after. She is very quiet, but quiet is no use to us. I'd like to hear her say words,and I'll happily switch my vote to one of the big four.

And Portia, I don't quite understand why you're voting Bristol. She's always been a very quiet mouse, and lynching lurkers on day 1 pretty much never has any good results.

The intention is not to lynch lurkers. If Bristol starts participating, I'll gladly apply pressure elsewhere. The intention is to force everyone to work hard and be vocal. This is life and death here. No one should be half-hearted about it.

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 2 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Zepher)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 2 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 1 vote (Dannylonglegs)

I am still suspicious of Petey, more so now that before, due to only just registering something he said earlier...

Contact: Yes, I contacted Casey and Baxter. They were the only people that seemed to be thinking at all and trying to consider things. Are they town? I have no idea. I only know who I am and that I'm a loyal member of the town who felt like I was being set up and/or just wrongfully accused. I've made my cases to them and if they want to ask me anything privately or publicly, that is up to them. I will answer any and all questions.

Petey announced his apparent innocence before a vote has even been cast against him (the only anthropomorphic animal to suggest that that anybody was voting against Petey was Carly, who had obviously not being paying attention (and never commented on the matter, despite being called out upon twice), because she was too busy contemplating feast on my flesh! :cry_sad: ), when people were just pushing him to get a read on him. It's odd, paranoid behaviour. Let's see who else there is.

Bristol could be next on the menu, (I'm just glad I'm not being eaten today! :cry_sad: ) whilst there are those like Maurice and Wallace, who've spoken a few times more, but have add nothing more to the discussions than Bristol did. :sceptic:

Seamus, if I've followed your train of thought correctly, you think that Pennie could turn out to be Cultist, who is trying to lynch a Town member, so Pennie can turn around and say she's successfully lynched a Town member, in an elaborate double-bluff... It's possible, but then again, so is winning the lottery. :sceptic: And being eaten alive! :cry_sad:

I shall Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty), though it's a close call between her or Petey. Casey's currently tying with Bristol, whose being voted against for being quiet, despite adding as much as several other people have. I'm not opposed to forcing the quiter members to speak up, but I don't think it can take presidence now. Unlike Bristol, Casey's lynch will give us more of an insight into other animals. And, I'm helping to ensure it's an extra day I get to live wherein I'm not voted to be the one eaten alive! :sweet:

Seamus, if I've followed your train of thought correctly, you think that Pennie could turn out to be Cultist, who is trying to lynch a Town member, so Pennie can turn around and say she's successfully lynched a Town member, in an elaborate double-bluff... It's possible, but then again, so is winning the lottery. :sceptic: And being eaten alive! :cry_sad:

No, not really. I think Pennie's in a convenient position strategically speaking in that she's now "the first one to vote" for Petey, who has a not unsubstantial number of active players already expressing suspicion as to his allegiance. Assuming Pennie is indeed scum, trying to Lynch a townie, in this case Petey, when Petey shows up Town, Pennie can say, "I was only the first to vote for him, and everyone else following the bandwagon didn't have to, don't look at me! Look at them! He was just confusing everyone anyways." Also, if Petey doesn't get bandwagoned, Pennie is Scott-free for having voted on an agree-edly odd individual. Of course She wouldn't take credit for the Lynch when it turned out that Petey was Town, but being the one to initiate the Lynch would put her in a defensible position later on. Once the Lynch was through and surviving the wake of the Town-lynch, she could always defend herself by saying, "I tried to help the Town by getting a suspicious individual Lynched, therefor, I am Town." It doesn't seem like a double-bluff to me, although, I'm not sure what a double bluff means. It seems more like she's pulling a safe maneuver, voting on a suspicious Townie. It's what I did on the first day of the doomed first play Excalibur, before the set burnt down and Flipzed over, and the cast had to be recast.

I agree that Petey has acted a little on edge since my "joke", however inappropriate it was. I believe she has explained her action thoroughly, though, and she has reached out to Baxter and Casey. And I do find Casey to be a little suspicious, flip-flopping like he has. But I think out of all the arguments present, Seamus' makes the most sense. Why does Pennie think she has to be the first one to start an accusation? Maybe she's just got a big ego, but I can't shake the feeling that she knows something we don't.

For now, I'm going to Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon) and see where today takes us. :sceptic:

Blimey, there's a lot of chatter going on, and yet I hardly see much reason for accusation. It seems a joke was made, someone was paranoid and over reacted, people starting pointing out how strange this was, and others started defending the strangeness. It's all very... strange. The first day is the most difficult to come to a decision when there are so many choices but so few valid options. And now I've spent so much time catching up that I don't have the time to get my thoughts in order and provide a more ordered response. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat this bag of shrooms, and hopefully I'll come to in a few hours with more to say.

I'm not opposed to forcing the quiter members to speak up, but I don't think it can take presidence now. Unlike Bristol, Casey's lynch will give us more of an insight into other animals.

I would give up on trying to stir up the lurkers if I thought the Casey/Petey/Pennie thing had any weight to it. It's entirely possible that one of them is scum. I don't find any of their reactions to be so scummy, though, to drop all other priorities and vote for one of them. If you think there's information to be gleaned from one of their deaths, go ahead.

I'm just trying to make us stronger by getting our weakest links to take some responsibility for themselves and for the rest of us sharing in this ordeal. Let's not give the scum an easy ride by letting anybody ride under the radar. The more people talk and contribute, the easier it will be to judge every citizen in coming days. If the lurkers don't get active, they give us nothing to go on and become easy targets for when we have no leads to lynch or for when the scum try to misdirect us.

Are you kidding me? Consistent is about the last word I'd use to describe you right now... I meant, that you made a habit of picking both sides throughout the entire discussion.

Also your insistance on stopping the argument and useless talk about "intentions" rub me the wrong way, still.

Now look who's talking about what they meant. No, I'm done arguing with you, Gordon. You keep thinking I have a strong insistence on ending the argument? I'll oblige you and end this argument now, between you and me that's evolved between Petey and you. I'm not gonna argue anymore with someone who's being hypocritical. I'm in no mood of repeating myself and trying to be rational with you anymore, my defense lies in the fragments of posts I've made. I appreciate your not as dicky attitude this day, compared to last time, however. Sorry if I'm acting dicky right now.

I shall Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty), though it's a close call between her or Petey. Casey's currently tying with Bristol, whose being voted against for being quiet, despite adding as much as several other people have. I'm not opposed to forcing the quiter members to speak up, but I don't think it can take presidence now. Unlike Bristol, Casey's lynch will give us more of an insight into other animals. And, I'm helping to ensure it's an extra day I get to live wherein I'm not voted to be the one eaten alive! :sweet:

I understand. I agree with you that I would be a good lynch candidate. I personally don't want to go, this was going to be another fun experience for me. There's only three votes against me, but even I recognize, out of this whole argument, I'd be the best to be voted. However, out of this argument, I don't like how Gordon and Pennie have seemingly made an alliance, to go after Petey and now going after me. They both are on the same page very quickly.

I at least appreciate your vote more than whatever silly reasoning Carly Cow gave for her voting me (not that I like being voted for, I just want to be voted for for the right reasons). I think what she's had to say about me is absolute fluff. I don't blame her, since she can't even tell a monkey from a dog. I'm glad to hear somebody logical, outside of Gordon and Pennie, is voting for me so I don't feel like I'm just being pummeled by these two.

Interlude

024.jpg

The day started with joy and personality quirks and has devolved into suspicion and accusations. Petey Panda sits alone on the river bank, fishing and crying.

"What's the matter?" Shawna Sheep asks.

"I'm sensitive," Petey cries. "I don't like the idea of lynching our friends. It's so sad and serious."

025.jpg

"Now now," Shawna Sheep re-assures him, "You do realize that some of our friends are trying to sacrifice us to some evil fox-devil-spirit, don't you, Paul?"

"I'm not Paul," Petey protests. "I'm Peter!"

"Well, Paul suits you better," Shawna tells him. "You'll be Paul, OK?"

026.jpg

"He can't be Paul! All Fabuland animals have two syllable names," cries Marcellus.

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 2 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Zepher)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 2 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher)

24 hours remain in Day One.

Lots of banter back and forth, a few suspicious people, a split vote. Nothing sticks out as strong enough to make me send one of our friends to their death as suspected scum.

Except...

"He can't be Paul! All Fabuland animals have two syllable names," cries Marcellus.

Are you confessing that you aren't one of us, MAR-CELL-US? :hmpf_bad:

Less than half had cast their votes and the votes are swinging in different directions. In all seriousness, I will think Day 1 is one of the most hardest lynch ever especially when we are all pretty clueless at the same level except the cultists who are probably scheming their way through their teeth...

Still, I don't get a very sound and strong instinct to cast my vote just yet, on just mere groundless speculations. I need time to ponder even though time is not on our side.

The intention is not to lynch lurkers. If Bristol starts participating, I'll gladly apply pressure elsewhere. The intention is to force everyone to work hard and be vocal. This is life and death here. No one should be half-hearted about it.

Mmm, that is a good point, Ms. Lamb, but in all honesty, have you ever looked at how Bristol plays lives? Well she's as introverted as they come, bless her heart.

And as far as lurkers go, what about the seal? He hasn't said much, although he's always quiet... :look:

I would love to vote for Bristol, as there is room for only one fawn bunny in this village - and that's me! :angry: But I think she's actually my sister, so that would probably make me look bad in the eyes of the voters...

I'm getting a strange feeling from you at the moment. You're really insistant that you were the first to jump on Petey for a stupid mistake, which is something I remember from a play called Jedi Temple where a very strongly opinioned individual asserted that he was responsible for a scum's lynch in order to appear townie. I'm not suggesting that you are taking credit for the lynch of a scum as a scum, that would make no sense this early in the game. I am however worried that you may be scum taking credit for any lynch, protected by the tried and true "a scum wouldn't draw this much attention to himself so early in the game." It's a good argument to make in one's defense, and since you have made sure that no one could possibly think that you were not the originator of the bandwagon, you also have the benefit of not being a bandwagon follower. Essentially you're in a very convenient position, especially if the bandwagon against Petey does not work, because it is very beneficial for the scum to split the vote. Now that most people seem to be focused on other targets, or at least, are not as focused on Petey as they were earlier, you also have the benefit of appearing to stick to your principles by being one of the only ones to vote for Petey.

I don't think Pennie Pig is in a convenient position at all, at least now that you've turned your attention towards her. The fact is, none of us are "safe" no matter what we say or do. Judging from our previous experiences with a similar situation, things can do a 180 flip in a blink of an eye - one moment you're leading a bandwagon against someone you think is scum, the next you find yourself being voted out sacrificed. That's how this game of life rolls...

But I do agree that Pennie seems very eager to sacrifice Petey based on mere reaction to her own words. To me it seems she intentionally pushed Petey's buttons to rile him up and get an excuse to vote for him. I'm not sure if that's a smart scum strategy, but it has happened before... in the awesome Harriet Slutter books.

Oh, have you visited that new H.S. fansite yet, The Leaky Vajayjay?

I digress. I vote Pennie Pig (Eskallon).