Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day One

Interlude

019.jpg

It's the late morning. Gordon Gorilla is trudging home after falling asleep tanning while wonderful smells fill the air. The Bakery had been vacant since Kenda Cat disappeared so Portia Poodle takes some of her groceries down to the bakery and fills the Village Square with the inviting and comforting smells of bread, cakes and pastries.

It does a lot to boost the Villagers' morale and several people come to fill their grumbling bellies with a late morning treat. The reviews come in quickly.

020.jpg

"Your pies suck, Portia," Someone says.

"How could something that smells so great taste so awful?" Another person asked.

"Don't do us any more favors, please," Yet another person requests.

021.jpg

As everyone tries to politely dispose of their snacks, Mindy Mouse runs by with a basket of fish, attempting to save them.

"They're transient beings!" Mindy shouts.

"0, their knot tranent beans," Pennie Pigs scoffs as Mindy disappears down the road.

022.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Village Square, Cameron Cockodile, Baxter Bulldog and Casey Cat are repairing the Village's beautiful fountain. At least, that's what they should be doing.

Becka Bulldog exfoliates Cameron's scales.

"Exfoliate is a better word than polish," Cameron Cockodile admits. "I don't have that word accessible since I'm not gay."

Baxter Bulldog, Casey Cat and Seamus Sheepdog are engaged in a three-way butt check after all the talk about worms today.

A four-way throat clearing interrupts all activity.

023.jpg

Four angry spouses stand in a row, glaring at the naughty animals.

You may now vote. The day will last for 48 more hours. The person with the most votes at the end of that time will be lynched.

I'd love to hear from some of our more quiet citizens before voting opens up. There's not a lot to scrutinize today and a lot of what's been said is somewhat meaningless but at least it's something. It's frustrating not having anything to base an opinion on. This is life and death, people. Give us an opinion, a poem, anything. Just talk.

There once was a town, with a really big frown. Frightened and mourning the dead, they looked at the task with dread. Then they remembered they were fluffy, anthropomorphic animals, but also remembered that among them were moles. Creatures of the night who called themselves Cultists, who burned away their neighbors during the winter solstice (I really don't know). Paranoia set in about, while others cautioned of a rout! Lead by Marcellus Monkey and Firuz Fox, the animals hoped it would not end with bodies on bloody rocks.

I'm quite bad at this, aren't I?

You remind me of a leaky proportional valve I was working on today. :classic: Anyways, seems like Petey here had a reaction to a jokester and it didn't sit well with Gordon. Pennie here assumes everyone reacts to a joke just like she does, but from personal experience I don't think Petey enjoys jokes very much so it seems consistant with her, but hey people have been known to have split personalities before, but I'm only a mechanic so we best find a snake-charming pyschytrist if we want a professional opinion. I do find it interesting however, on how quick Pennie chimes in with her agreement with Gordon as if she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump on someone.

I think people like to keep an eagle eye on the first day of these horrid events. Sometimes it helps, other times we're finding things that aren't even there.

Why am I smelling dog butts!? *huh* I'm terribly allergic to dogs! ACHOO! Maurice! It's not at all as it looks :distressed: !

Mmmm, fish :wub_drool::purrr: Ah, stop distracting me with fish! Fish... :drool: ... I did not mean poor as in impoverished or as a bad player...but rather as a victimized player, being exploited by scum.

Player? Becka calls me a player sometimes, when I'm playing with her voluptuous curves. :wub_drool:

Everyone seems to be on edge, which makes sense since a minority of us desperately wants to kill the majority. Sad times, sad times, I fear for my love and her heated instruments of waxed pleasure. :cry_sad:

Why am I smelling dog butts!? *huh* I'm terribly allergic to dogs! ACHOO! Maurice! It's not at all as it looks :distressed: !

Yes, why are you smelling dog butts? :cry_sad: I thought you only like to smell me! :look:

Doesn't really look like we're making any progress with lynching today. This is just like the story I heard at the docks about a ship crew who couldn't decide who to lynch, and then the evil won over them! :cry_sad:

YOU... MONSTER! :angry:

I think maybe we should lynch a butt-sniffing cheating whoredog. :angry:

It seems like we're not getting anywhere today, but maybe that's not a bad thing. I know we get to stay up all night and compete for some sort of action, so maybe that can help us in some way as far as forming suspicions...?

It seems like we're not getting anywhere today, but maybe that's not a bad thing. I know we get to stay up all night and compete for some sort of action, so maybe that can help us in some way as far as forming suspicions...?

Is it like a dancing contest? :wub:

Player? Becka calls me a player sometimes, when I'm playing with her voluptuous curves. :wub_drool:

:wub_drool:

Oh, don't be jealous Bookie, he's... a paying customer. And look at those shiny scales. :drool:

I do find it interesting however, on how quick Pennie chimes in with her agreement with Gordon as if she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump on someone.

Next to Petey's overly nervous reaction, I noted that too.

I don't know...caught my feline eye. It's not really saying much. You could be on to something or you could just be pushing something. I try my best to look at things on both sides. :shrug_confused:

You're acting defensive not because you're saying lynching shouldn't be joked about, but because of your reaction to us (and vice versa) about all of this. You're beginning to act like we've caught you doing something evil (which is hardly the truth.) Let's stop this small argument if we really think it's fruitless.

You seem to like to take a black and white (valid/invalid) view of things. Just because it was a joke does not necessarily make Petey's criticism invalid. It still has a point, but not in the direct context. To me, you're saying Petey's criticism is an attempt to put a bad light on Ernie. Right? In Petey's view, he's just trying to keep some seriousness when we go about killing our own, not necessarily bad mouthing Ernie.

I think people like to keep an eagle eye on the first day of these horrid events. Sometimes it helps, other times we're finding things that aren't even there.

Casey, after going over some of the things you said in response to the discussion between Petey and Gordon, it almost seems like you're trying to divert attention from the argument and perhaps even from Petey.

Now there is one other thing I'd like cleared up.

Oh dearest Cameron, always thinking about food, aren't you? But you are right, this situation sounds very familiar to what we heard from Spring Haven, what seems to me being the biggest difference is how persistent Marcellus were in referring to the evildoers as Cultists, I do believe this is a vital clue to us (or Marcellus is just an megablocks, he certainly has a weird behind let me tell you..).

I am not sure where you see a clue in that, but I think Marcellus being an megablock is a distinct possibility. Oh, you have a fly on your ear, can I have it? :wub:

Gilda, you may have overlooked Gordon's question, but do you mind sharing with us why you think Marcellus gave us a vital clue by referring to them as Cultists?

Gilda, you may have overlooked Gordon's question, but do you mind sharing with us why you think Marcellus gave us a vital clue by referring to them as Cultists?

Oh, yes, I probably missed his question. :blush: Simply, I think it means we're up against a cult instead of the scum one commonly hears about in situations like ours, for instance the Demon Legion the inhabitants of Spring Haven were up against last year. (this is probably completely obvious and I'm just a foolish goat though.. :blush:)

Oh, and Becka, I'm very grateful for taking the time to clean Cameron's shells, it's much appreciated. :classic:

Ah, my scales feel so much better now, thank you Becka! :grin:*Looks worriedly at Gilda and Booker* What? Can't I visit the town's beautician too? It's good for the town's economy! :grin:

Anyhoo. I can't say I've seen much today to raise suspicion. There's the silly cow, who doesn't seem to know her Aardvark from her Elephant, but I'd guess that's just some bizarre personality quirk, or mad cow disease. Next she'll be singing, 'I am the Walrus'. :hmpf: Goo goo good job.

Then there's the defensive Anti-Panda, which is probably the most interesting lead so far, and led to a few revealing responses. I'll have to give this one some more thought.

You remind me of a leaky proportional valve I was working on today. :classic: Anyways, seems like Petey here had a reaction to a jokester and it didn't sit well with Gordon. Pennie here assumes everyone reacts to a joke just like she does, but from personal experience I don't think Petey enjoys jokes very much

I do find it interesting however, on how quick Pennie chimes in with her agreement with Gordon as if she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump on someone.

Actually I spoke first and openly accused Petey before anyone, so if anything, its a reverse in that statement:

Their's a lot of crap and nonse being talked here, not sure if some of you are gust talking for the sake of it, or to increase your post count chat time for today. :sceptic: Still carry on for the most part, the more ya post, the more we get a clue to who these cultists are and get closer to the next election where I shall be the mayor once again!

And as far as I read it was a pathetic joke, not useful enough to take forward. :sad new:

Hate to appear so negative but I speak the truth in my post speaking above. :classic:

Also, it was made clear by not just me but a few others too that Petey was responding to the joke unendingly/inappropriately.

For now my gaze is still fixed on Petey, its the only thing I've seen today which tingles my piggy senses.

Oh, yes, I probably missed his question. :blush: Simply, I think it means we're up against a cult instead of the scum one commonly hears about in situations like ours, for instance the Demon Legion the inhabitants of Spring Haven were up against last year. (this is probably completely obvious and I'm just a foolish goat though.. :blush:)

It doesn't necessarily mean a recruiting cult, although that's always a possibility. I once read a book named after some obscure Egyptian god who wasn't really a god. The villains in that book were Cultists, but they were really just ordinary scum.

It doesn't necessarily mean a recruiting cult, although that's always a possibility. I once read a book named after some obscure Egyptian god who wasn't really a god. The villains in that book were Cultists, but they were really just ordinary scum.

As I said honey, I'm entirely open to this just being Marcellus being an megablocks. :wink:

Also, it was made clear by not just me but a few others too that Petey was responding to the joke unendingly/inappropriately.

For now my gaze is still fixed on Petey, its the only thing I've seen today which tingles my piggy senses.

I have to agree with you on that one. Peteys reaction is the only thing that actually stood out today. However is this one reaction enough to lynch someone? Maybe we should check out some of the more silent villagers too.

for instance the Demon Legion the inhabitants of Spring Haven were up against last year

Wouldn't a demon league be a cult too? I think they're being called that because they sacrifice people, which is kind of a cult-y thing to do. :sick:

Maybe we should all start carrying garlic to ward off evil spirits? Plus it's delicious and if someone won't eat it (we'll know by their breath, which I'm sure our local butt-sniffer could use his nose to check) we'll know they're evil! It's a brilliant plan!

Ok, so I've got nothing here, but I can't argue with the fact that Petey, aside from not being a parrot, is about the only one who has been a little ... off. I'm not sure what to make of it, though.

Yes, in addition to what Cameron said, I think Winter Haven had some Cultists, too.

Oh, yes, I probably missed his question. :blush:

Then maybe you could start paying attention now. :wink: We need all the help we can get in catching those Cultists.

Simply, I think it means we're up against a cult instead of the scum one commonly hears about in situations like ours, for instance the Demon Legion the inhabitants of Spring Haven were up against last year. (this is probably completely obvious and I'm just a foolish goat though.. :blush:)

That's what I thought you meant and I agree with your husband. To me it's not completely obvious we're up against a cult of Cultists, although there seem to be more frogs around here than usual for this time of year. :look:

And, as Gibson first pointed out, we might be facing more than one evil.

Oh, and Becka, I'm very grateful for taking the time to clean Cameron's shells, it's much appreciated. :classic:

Enjoy... him. :grin:

Actually I spoke first and openly accused Petey before anyone, so if anything, its a reverse in that statement:

Their's a lot of crap and nonse being talked here, not sure if some of you are gust talking for the sake of it, or to increase your post count chat time for today. :sceptic: Still carry on for the most part, the more ya post, the more we get a clue to who these cultists are and get closer to the next election where I shall be the mayor once again!

And as far as I read it was a pathetic joke, not useful enough to take forward. :sad new:

Hate to appear so negative but I speak the truth in my post speaking above. :classic:

I don't really see how that's an 'accusation'.

I don't really see how that's an 'accusation'.

No, its not an accusation, because how can I accuse someone of anything after well nothing, I was persuing what I saw and it was Gordon who then replied to Petey's reply to me. I saw something strange and my gaze moved onto it.

Hey, I never said I was a baker. The potpourri I added did make the pies smell nice at least. :classic:

There once was a town, with a really big frown. Frightened and mourning the dead, they looked at the task with dread. Then they remembered they were fluffy, anthropomorphic animals, but also remembered that among them were moles. Creatures of the night who called themselves Cultists, who burned away their neighbors during the winter solstice (I really don't know). Paranoia set in about, while others cautioned of a rout! Lead by Marcellus Monkey and Firuz Fox, the animals hoped it would not end with bodies on bloody rocks.

I'm quite bad at this, aren't I?

It might be all right if it was properly formatted. :tongue: Good rhyming, though.

Weird that the rabbits seem to be the quietest of us. Coincidence or bunny conspiracy? Either way they should be more open and chat a bit more so we can get to know them better.

Casey, after going over some of the things you said in response to the discussion between Petey and Gordon, it almost seems like you're trying to divert attention from the argument and perhaps even from Petey.

That probably stems from my confusion in the accusation. It's not my intention to divert attention away from Petey, I'm just having trouble to find an actual reason to lynch Petey over this argument on the basis of a Day-1 over-reaction. I don't personally find it condemning, which looks like the direction it was going in. That doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of Petey, though. It is odd behavior, but I'm wondering if it's the odd behavior of one of our own or a Cultist. Does that make sense? I'm feeling under the weather a bit, so please excuse my frazzled mind.

It might be all right if it was properly formatted. :tongue: Good rhyming, though.

I get an A for effort, though, right :grin: ?

I don't have a faintest clue on who to vote for, but please try not to make a mess in the town square. You don't have an idea how much it costs to clean it up... I know, since I'm Lazlo's secretary as well. A little office romance does wonders to a relationship, I tell you. :wink:

That probably stems from my confusion in the accusation. It's not my intention to divert attention away from Petey, I'm just having trouble to find an actual reason to lynch Petey over this argument on the basis of a Day-1 over-reaction. I don't personally find it condemning, which looks like the direction it was going in. That doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of Petey, though. It is odd behavior, but I'm wondering if it's the odd behavior of one of our own or a Cultist. Does that make sense? I'm feeling under the weather a bit, so please excuse my frazzled mind.

No, it doesn't really. You admit to being suspicious of Petey, yet you tried to subvert attention and suspicion from him? You say you had trouble agreeing to lynch Petey, but at the time people were just applying pressure to him, in order to clear up or confirm the suspicion you and others have of him. I don't believe anybody had mentioned lynch nominations (save for Ernie's joke, and Pennies' suggestion of a random lynch) at that point in the day. Why would you prevent this? Unless... you really trying to get people to lynch and eat me instead! :cry_sad:

Well jeez, this whole Petey Problem has really gotten out of Henry the Hand. I agree that his behavior is odd, however it is not unusual for Petey to make somewhat abrupt comments that demonstrate a misunderstanding. I believe in both of the Excalibur plays, he behaved in such a manner, which allowed the villains of the first to spread distrust of him, and the heroes of the second to figure him out as a villain. I can't tell which this is, but while odd, it doesn't seem off. I won't vote for him simply because he totally misunderstood a joke and got serious all of a sudden. I expect that kind of thing from him. I'm really busy taxidermying and things, so I'll be back later.

So, wait, let me get this straight, people are going to vote for Petey Polar Bear because he made a joke about not taking lynching lightly? *huh* That's incredibly silly! Silly silly silly!

I think the people pushing on this and the people who are pushing discreetly are the ones we should be voting off today. Scum doesn't want to stick their necks out to get chopped off this early, but they also want bogus lynches like this to go through. Casey and Gordon - particularly Casey - would be good lynches. My manatee senses are tingling about these guys... :hmpf_bad:

(save for Ernie's joke, and Pennies' suggestion of a random lynch)

Uh hmm...

So no megablocks, two choices for day 1:

Vote randomly or

Vote for someone on a little scrap of evidence

Anyway, we still have plenty of time to decide who to lynch. I think today's gone rather well for a first day, already better than our first day of lynching in Spring Haven which ended up with a no vote majority situation.