Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day One

Why would you say this? Do you think that just because he couldn't be here today we should lynch him tomorrow? That seems very presumptuous of you and possibly even downright evil.

Oh... I was only joking... I'll just go back to doing whatever elephants do...

What are your thought about Virus Fox? I can't quite put my finger on it, but something in him reminds me greatly of the dastardly Felix... *squints her eyes in suspicion*

No worries, I use Chrome. Wait what?

What have you got against eating mushrooms, anyway? :look:

You know I'm not sure. I just thought it would be a good idea to ban them since they screwed with everyone in multiple storybooks.

Dr. Gilda, did you remove Petey and Pennie's funny bone? They don't seem to be enjoying themselves, and it's the only explanation I've got... :look: Or is that the most delicious part of us animals? *oh2* Is that the bit of me you're going to eat first? :cry_sad:

Note to self: The Walrus keeps sniffing me. Clearly seeing when I'm ripe for eating. Keep away from him at all costs.

Mindy, Mindy, Mindy Mouse...mouse :drool: ...mousey mouse :drool: . Oh, uhm, stop worrying yourself, nobody's going to eat you or the rest of us anthropomorphic animals. Isn't that right, Maurice? :wub_drool::purrr:

They talk too you know! I've had extended conversations of a most scintillating variety with a fried cod. Which is not to say I didn't eat him when the conversation was over. :blush:

:wacko:*huh*Note to self: Keep away from this guy and all the other nutters. ACHOOOOO! Oh, please keep away, I'm terribly allergic to dogs *oh2* !!

What did I ever do to deserve a suspicion I would do something like that :cry_sad:.

These comments:

Little bit defensive there.

I saw it as a joke as well, it was an obvious joke. Saying something is a joke is not a defence. You are acting weird.

I don't know...caught my feline eye. It's not really saying much. You could be on to something or you could just be pushing something. I try my best to look at things on both sides. :shrug_confused:

Looks like we're all on a little edge here since Ernie mentioned about lynching Lazlo, joke or no joke (which I recognize largely as a joke, though one a touch inappropriate now).

Oh... I was only joking... I'll just go back to doing whatever elephants do...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :classic:

What do elephants do anyway? Do you have any worms?

:hmpf: I'm not acting weird, I take things at face value. I can't go around guessing that every horrible thing people say is "just a joke".

So, what you are saying is that calling something (that someone else said) a joke is not defensive, but saying that lynching shouldn't be joked about is defensive? :wacko:

Your harping on this is very weird. Taking my simple statement and twisting it into meaning something else, why? What are you trying to do here, set me up for a lynch (obviously)?

Well, that was quick to hop onto his rickety wagon already. Seriously you guys, how is saying that lynching shouldn't be joked about even remotely considered defensive?

God... Why so defensive? ... Ok. Let's break this down into tiny bits.

Ernie said this:

Whelp looks like we've got our Day Two lynch lined up. :hmpf_bad:

A cheater and a shroom-eater.

After which you said this:

Why would you say this? Do you think that just because he couldn't be here today we should lynch him tomorrow? That seems very presumptuous of you and possibly even downright evil.

After which Pennie said this about the subject:

And as far as I read it was a pathetic joke, not useful enough to take forward. :sad new:

You reply:

Some things should not be joked about and lynching somebody is one of those things!

Which I find defensive, as you critized Ernie's statement. If Ernie's statement was a joke, which I think it clearly is, and I don't think anyone else interpretated it otherwise, that means your critizism is invalid. You defend your critizism by saying joking about lynching somebody should not happen.

Broken down. Any more questions?

:hmpf: I'm not acting weird, I take things at face value. I can't go around guessing that every horrible thing people say is "just a joke".

So, what you are saying is that calling something (that someone else said) a joke is not defensive, but saying that lynching shouldn't be joked about is defensive? :wacko:

Your harping on this is very weird. Taking my simple statement and twisting it into meaning something else, why? What are you trying to do here, set me up for a lynch (obviously)?

Well, that was quick to hop onto his rickety wagon already. Seriously you guys, how is saying that lynching shouldn't be joked about even remotely considered defensive?

You're acting defensive not because you're saying lynching shouldn't be joked about, but because of your reaction to us (and vice versa) about all of this. You're beginning to act like we've caught you doing something evil (which is hardly the truth.) Let's stop this small argument if we really think it's fruitless.

Dr. Gilda, did you remove Petey and Pennie's funny bone? They don't seem to be enjoying themselves, and it's the only explanation I've got... :look: Or is that the most delicious part of us animals? *oh2* Is that the bit of me you're going to eat first? :cry_sad:

Uhm, no, can't say I did. To me it seems they lacked on from the beginning, strange as that may sound. :sceptic:

I don't know...caught my feline eye. It's not really saying much. You could be on to something or you could just be pushing something. I try my best to look at things on both sides. :shrug_confused:

Of course I'm pushing, that's the best way to get people to talk, and when people are talking, they sometimes get caught. :sweet:

Uhm, no, can't say I did. To me it seems they lacked on from the beginning, strange as that may sound. :sceptic:

Lacked on does sounds very strange. :look:

Yes, I am being defensive now because you have been attacking me.

Which I find defensive, as you critized Ernie's statement. If Ernie's statement was a joke, which I think it clearly is, and I don't think anyone else interpretated it otherwise, that means your critizism is invalid. You defend your critizism by saying joking about lynching somebody should not happen.

You are talking in circles. Summarizing things that happened just "today" is so useless, I know what I said, I know what they said, and it's easy for anyone to see. Defend my critizism? You are now saying that we should just joke about lynching people? I do and forever will beleive that's a rude thing to do, or as Casey put it "inappropriate".

You are talking in circles. Summarizing things that happened just "today" is so useless, I know what I said, I know what they said, and it's easy for anyone to see. Defend my critizism? You are now saying that we should just joke about lynching people? I do and forever will beleive that's a rude thing to do, or as Casey put it "inappropriate".

:wacko: You said you were not sure why I thought you were being defensive, so I explained it. Some animals...

Of course I'm pushing, that's the best way to get people to talk, and when people are talking, they sometimes get caught. :sweet:

I meant that as "pushing something over nothing", like a scum trying to exploit a poor player. Still, I agree with your methodology in pushing some buttons to get people to talk. Don't mind me if I push yours :grin: . Gentle...little...pushes... :purrr: purrrr

You're acting defensive not because you're saying lynching shouldn't be joked about, but because of your reaction to us (and vice versa) about all of this. You're beginning to act like we've caught you doing something evil (which is hardly the truth.) Let's stop this small argument if we really think it's fruitless.

Yes, we should stop this silly small argument. Some monkies like to rile people up. I'd much rather be fishing.

trying to exploit a poor player.

Now that does hurt. :cry_sad:

:cry2: I'll just be fishing if anyone needs me.

Not attacking...just pushing. I think we should all be expected to be pushed around a bit. Can't just sit around all day like sheep :sceptic: You can push me around a bit if you like. I...purrrrrr, like being pushed around...purrrr :purrr:

I actually don't think his summarizing is useless if he's trying to make a point, which he is.

You seem to like to take a black and white (valid/invalid) view of things. Just because it was a joke does not necessarily make Petey's criticism invalid. It still has a point, but not in the direct context. To me, you're saying Petey's criticism is an attempt to put a bad light on Ernie. Right? In Petey's view, he's just trying to keep some seriousness when we go about killing our own, not necessarily bad mouthing Ernie.

Now that does hurt. :cry_sad:

:cry2: I'll just be fishing if anyone needs me.

I hope you don't think I was referring you as the scum :look: .

I hope you don't think I was referring you as the scum :look: .

No, I think you were referring to me as a poor player. :cry_sad:

I may not have much money, but I have lots of fish just for you, Casey.

Mmmm, fish :wub_drool::purrr: Ah, stop distracting me with fish! Fish... :drool: ... I did not mean poor as in impoverished or as a bad player...but rather as a victimized player, being exploited by scum.

I only said that Pennie's defence of Ernie's statement is not cool.

Ernie said we should lynch someone tomorrow just because of that person not being here today, and then Pennie said it was a joke.

Lynching should not be joked about, that's all I said. I'm not defending anyone with that statement.

Additionally, since you brought up defences, why is Pennie defending Ernie in the first place?

As many have said, what Ernie said was a joke, and a damn obvious one. You jumped onto him and accused him and I said it was pathetic or something, its not defending him, but squeezing you. Would you want me to do any different? You said a silly thing, maybe made a mistake and I am pursuing it.

I saw it as a joke as well, it was an obvious joke. Saying something is a joke is not a defence. You are acting weird.

Just to back up how obvious it was to the rest of us.

It was an obvious joke, anyone with a brain could see that, although it is known some animals have smaller brains than others.

Yes, I am following a lead and you went on after it had been made clear where what you said was stupid that lynching shouldn't be joked about rather than just dropping it or replying 'Oops my mistake, my heads not too clear at the moment'.

Thats how its defensive.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :classic:

What do elephants do anyway? Do you have any worms?

Now it appears that you make a stupid post to reply on something sarcastic. I don't think you are picking up the sarcasm and jokes today very well Petey Panda. Then you go on to say something utterly useless. I really don't think this is looking good for you at this point.

Its okay to be a bit defensive, but to be defensive when you don't need to be, when as I said, a simple: 'Oops my mistake, my heads not too clear at the moment' would have been a good enough response, the fact that you carried it on and defended yourself against an invisible attacker makes you defensive. Yes the joker made a joke and for the most part it was overlooked, but the fact that you picked up on it and tried to pursue it was just... stupid

And don't talk about 'inappropriate' and jokey when you are making silly remarks about elephants worms and other stuff, the whole day has been filled with role playing and silliness and thats fine for a bit, but choose when to do it wisely, especially when we are looking at you with piercing smeagol eyes.

Player, what player? There are no poor players in this game, not at this stage anyway. Don't try and put your stupidity of the day behind the fact you think you're a poor player.

The second part of that quote just backs up what I said above, though not important enough for me to waste time puzzling over!

At the moment, though I hate to say it this early, your my first bet!

You seem to like to take a black and white (valid/invalid) view of things. Just because it was a joke does not necessarily make Petey's criticism invalid. It still has a point, but not in the direct context. To me, you're saying Petey's criticism is an attempt to put a bad light on Ernie. Right? In Petey's view, he's just trying to keep some seriousness when we go about killing our own, not necessarily bad mouthing Ernie.

You assume too much. :sceptic:

I assume that's a no to my question, then :sceptic:

I agree that he's not bad mouthing ernie, just not able to pick up on a joke when everyone else can and then being over-defensive afterwards. (Read my last post at some point)

Kinda like some werewolf who can't seem to shake off his reputation in this game, the werewolf said something stupid and he paid for it. Guess what? He was a scumbag too!

Good grief, you people sure do talk a lot! I come back from my morning nap and so much to read! I hope it's all useful later, but for now it just seems like everyone is nervous and scared, it's hard not to be with some lunatics running around worshiping an insane undead fox demon monster thingy. I assume that's what cultists do, I just know it's bad luck, bad luck I tell you! :cry_sad:

Everyone needs to think happy thoughts and then figure out who we should lynch. :look: That doesn't seem right at all, but I guess box-humping-monkey knows best, he saved everyone last time, right? I might have to refer to the history books on the subject because I pretty much stopped reading when I died I'm sort of confused. Wasn't the bad fox just crazy and not part of whatever the evil was last time, almost like a distraction? Could we be up against something like that again, plus the loonies who brought him back? And if he's back, could he be one of us??? *oh2*

I might need to hide in my house another nap. :cry_sad:

What the hell? Why would you kick me to stop that dumb parrot from squawking?

Sorry! I'm not really good with names and a parrot named Petey seems natural. You should be, um, Paul. Paul Panda. Yes. That's it. Petey Parrot and Paul Panda. Much better.

Oh noes, we lost two people we barely knew. :cry_sad: Gabby Goat was such a... goat - I hope we weren't related, and Benji Bulldog was just such a... very quiet bulldog that we didn't even realise he was here until he'd gone. :cry_sad::wacko:

It would seem to indicate, though, that the mad monkey monk was trying to warn us about two threats to our precious furry lives; Gabby was killed in an apparent ritual, but Benji was also killed in a similar ritual that also specified burning! *oh2*

*Takes a deep draught from his large, red beer jug*

I just felt that one thing or another, you might have a good hunch on this and I really hope it won't add to our increasing woes.

BAWK! Stop confusing me with Petey. I am my own bird! No one should be kicking anyone anyway. Least of all me. Parrots never get kicked.

I'm still waiting to see if we have any actual ideas to vote on...

Sorry! I'm not really good with names and a parrot named Petey seems natural. You should be, um, Paul. Paul Panda. Yes. That's it. Petey Parrot and Paul Panda. Much better.

Ah no problem then! Paul is a good name, that would be good for a Parrot too though. My momma named me Petey, so I guess I'll stick with it. Do you like fish? Here, have some, I caught too many this morning anyway.

Well after fixing up all the baby-carriages, leaky pipes, and bent crankshafts for the day I'm glad to see everyone is still getting along fairly well.

*Goes over and sniffs Petey's rump*

You remind me of a leaky proportional valve I was working on today. :classic: Anyways, seems like Petey here had a reaction to a jokester and it didn't sit well with Gordon. Pennie here assumes everyone reacts to a joke just like she does, but from personal experience I don't think Petey enjoys jokes very much so it seems consistant with her, but hey people have been known to have split personalities before, but I'm only a mechanic so we best find a snake-charming pyschytrist if we want a professional opinion. I do find it interesting however, on how quick Pennie chimes in with her agreement with Gordon as if she was just waiting for an opportunity to jump on someone.

I'm still waiting to see if we have any actual ideas to vote on...

Ideas? That's a relief, I thought we were going to vote for people. I don't mind lynching a few ideas.

I wish Harriet Slutter were here. She'd know what to do. Since she isn't here, though, I think we have to find these cultists on our own.

I'd love to hear from some of our more quiet citizens before voting opens up. There's not a lot to scrutinize today and a lot of what's been said is somewhat meaningless but at least it's something. It's frustrating not having anything to base an opinion on. This is life and death, people. Give us an opinion, a poem, anything. Just talk.