Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #46: Product Testing

"Sounds like a logical solution, Alex. I'll repeat my action from the previous round."

Battle Order:

Althior

Xander

Alex

"Althior, only heal yourself once, my guardian angel will protect you. If you fail, do it next turn."

"Okee Dokee!" Althior heals himself then attacks the Djinn from the back row with Wind.

Round Four of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior heals himself (back): Heal (10+19=29 health restored, -1 ether)

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Shield: Magic Vortex! (10+19=29 health restored to party, 19+10+5=34-8=26 damage to shambler, 19+10+10=39x2=78-15=63 damage to Spin Djinn)

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (back): Hit (8+15=23 damage)

>Xander VS Spin Djinn (back): Hit (11+16+2=29-15=14 damage)

Althior heals himself at the cost of one ether, undoing the fever's damage. Bolstered by his succesful healing, he conjures a magical vortex, restoring the party back to full HP and wounding the other two enemies! Alexandre slices through the shambler's torso, and Xander shoots another arrow into the Djinn's side.

The fever continues to take it's toll on Althior.

Cb46c.png "iLL bLot yOU ouT of ExisTence!"

Ink Shambler,Level 16 Demon

HP: 938/1000

SP: 8

Specials:

Death Note: Uses his inky form to write a demonic incantation. If the incantation is not destroyed in the next two rounds, it will detonate, knocking out the hero who rolled special damage!

Censor: Choke-holds the hero who rolled special damage in his inky arms, doing 10 damage regardless of row or SP, badly poisons them, and seals them. Each effect lasts until the battle ends, is remedied, or removed for 7 ether.

Special decided by dice roll.

Drops: 30 gold

Putqd.png "Yow!"

Spin Djinn, Level 15 Flying Monster

HP: 569/750

SP: 15

Specials:

Spin Doctor: releases a healing cloud, restoring 70 HP to itself and it's allies.

Huff and Puff and: Blow you away! Releases a torrent of wind, hitting every hero for 12 damage regardless of row/SP, and forces them all to attack from the back row next round.

The Party:

xander_hunter.jpgXander Unth'or (posades) *Party Leader!* *Dizzy!*

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 16 *Immune to Blindness and Fragile*

Power: 29 (16+11+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 29/29 (8+15+6)

Ether: 0/0

Gold: 22

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow or a crossbow, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)

Inventory: Horse (WP: 1, grants speed within quests), Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion(2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpgAlthior Emorith (And Finnegan) *Fever!* *Hastened!*

32 years old male human

Level: 19.5 Sage

Power: 34 (19 + 10 + Spellbound gloves)

Defense: 4 (Cloak)

Health: 24/29

Ether: 23/25

Gold: 0

Equipment: Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike), Spellbound Gloves (+5 power when casting Spells, doubled if target is weak to Element), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP 4),

Inventory: Dragoro (WP 8), Skeleton Decoy, Potion, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Horse, Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

kXLOZ.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Immunity!*

Level 15 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 23

Defense: 13

Health: 35/35

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 10

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

"Sure, now he rolls Shield!" :hmpf:

"What the hell are you taking about?" Althior fires two Wind spells at the Djinn from the back row.

Edited by K-Nut

"You're going down, Inky." Alexandre attacks Inky, front row. "Althior, could you cast a fire spell at this ink thing? It should catch on fire." :tongue:

"You're going down, Inky." Alexandre attacks Inky, front row. "Althior, could you cast a fire spell at this ink thing? It should catch on fire." :tongue:

Cb46c.png

"i HeaRd tHat! I'lL hAve yOu kNow I'M fLAME reTardaNT!"

Cb46c.png "iLL bLot yOU ouT of ExisTence!"

Ink Shambler,Level 16 Demon <<========

HP: 938/1000

Specials:

Death Note: Uses his inky form to write a demonic incantation. If the incantation is not destroyed in the next two rounds, it will detonate, knocking out the hero who rolled special damage!

Censor: Choke-holds the hero who rolled special damage in his inky arms, doing 10 damage regardless of row or SP, badly poisons them, and seals them. Each effect lasts until the battle ends, is remedied, or removed for 7 ether.

:hmpf:*huh* *huh* "Stupid liars."

QM Note: demons actually aren't weak to fire, I just checked. :tongue:

Cb46c.png

"tHouGhts sPirAl aRouNd iN tHis aCcurSed vOId. I caN rEad yOur mIndS lIKE aN oPen bOOk Mr PalaDIN, Mr jUst-gOt-bAck-fRom-DasTAn-aNd-iS-nOw-aHunTER, Mr lOve(lEss)bIrd, aNd Mr YEarNing-for-sHe auRA. YoUr tHoughts aRe qUite aMUsing."

Edited by Endgame

Cb46c.png

"tHouGhts sPirAl aRouNd iN tHis aCcurSed vOId. I caN rEad yOur mIndS lIKE aN oPen bOOk Mr PalaDIN, Mr jUst-gOt-bAck-fRom-DasTAn-aNd-iS-nOw-aHunTER, Mr lOve(lEss)bIrd, aNd Mr YEarNing-for-sHe auRA. YoUr tHoughts aRe qUite aMUsing."

"Really? What am I thinking about?"

QM Note: demons actually aren't weak to fire, I just checked. :tongue:

Cb46c.png

At least they are not immune. :tongue:

"Geez, Inky, when ever you talk, little red squiggly lines are under your words. It's impossible to understand. Try replying to yourself." Alexandre uses diplomacy, in hopes to confuse Iny to go insane. "Also, who are you meaning by 'loveless bird.' If I'm not mistaken, no one here is in a relationship." :wacko:

"Really? What am I thinking about?"

Cb46c.png

"i JUst sAId. SHe-aUras, mOSTly. tHat anD a bunCH of otheR inCOMprehnsible rUBBish.

PaLaDIN, youR shaMeLESS aTTempts at pySch-oUts aRe disTUrbingly stUpid oF you."

Edited by Endgame

Cb46c.png

"i JUst sAId. SHe-aUras, mOSTly. tHat anD a bunCH of otheR inCOMprehnsible rUBBish.

PaLaDIN, youR shaMeLESS aTTempts at pySch-oUts aRe disTUrbingly stUpid oF you."

"Don't call me stupid."

Alexandre uses diplomacy to make Inky apologize.

Cb46c.png

"i JUst sAId. SHe-aUras, mOSTly. tHat anD a bunCH of otheR inCOMprehnsible rUBBish."

"What other incomprehensible rubbish? Besides me wondering what my waist size is. I really need to get some pants." :look:

"And who are you calling a bird?"

"What other incomprehensible rubbish? Besides me wondering what my waist size is. I really need to get some pants." :look:

"And who are you calling a bird?"

Cb46c.png

"PatHOlogIcal fEar of cHIckens.

AlSO, sAGe, yoUR argueMENT wIth the fEmale mOrtal... AlexIS, was It? iT's so aMusing. i CAn harDly conTain mY laughTer. eVer hEard of a lOvebIrd? You'Re thE oppOsite."

Cb46c.png

AlSO, sAGe, yoUR argueMENT wIth the fEmale mOrtal... AlexIS, was It? iT's so aMusing. i CAn harDly conTain mY laughTer. eVer hEard of a lOvebIrd? You'Re thE oppOsite."

"Birds have long noses. No one here has a nose." :hmpf:

Alexandre reads Inky's mind back.

Alexandre reads Inky's mind back.

This void was a curious one: it seems thoughts drifted freely, invisble yet corpreal objects to be read. Alex simply has to think about the Shambler's thoughts and a small black bubble appears in front of him. Inside it he can hear sounds echoing:

"DEATH DIE DESTRUCTION ALL MUST DIE DEATH IS INEVITABLE NOBODY CAN ESCAPE THEIR DEMISE LIFE IS WORTHLESS"

...He is not a very optimistic shambler.

Cb46c.png

"I swear, if some chicken shows up, I'm out of here," :distressed:

"Poo poo head..." :hmpf_bad:

"DEATH DIE DESTRUCTION ALL MUST DIE DEATH IS INEVITABLE NOBODY CAN ESCAPE THEIR DEMISE LIFE IS WORTHLESS"

"If life is worthless, than why are you here? Technically, you are still living."

"I know, right? What a n00b..." :hmpf:

Cb46c.png

"i kIll UnTIl I aM kIlled. i Do iT oUt of Mercy. I suFFer so yOu aLL don'T haVe to."

Cb46c.png

"i kIll UnTIl I aM kIlled. i Do iT oUt of Mercy. I suFFer so yOu aLL don'T haVe to."

"I wish Monk Pretzel was here. What a false god." :hmpf:

Cb46c.png

"You know, you should really see a therapist," :wink:

"I'm no bird..." :hmpf_bad:

"Thanks for the heal," Xander says to Althior over the loud mechanical voice. He continues his assault on the Djinn, attacking from the back row; he could feel the effects of the pill begin to wear off...

Battle Order:

Althior

Xander

Alex

Round Five of Spin n' Shambler Showdown

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Special Damage: Huff and Puff and...

>Althior VS Spin Djinn (back): Meditate

>Alex VS Ink Shambler (front): Hit (23 damage)

>Xander VS Spin Djinn (back): Critical Hit (11x2=22+16=38-15=23 damage)

Althior once again succeeds in ticking off the Spin Djinn, causing him to release his windy wrath. Althior is shoved down on to his rump, sending his spell veering off target. He meditates on the matter to improve his aim next time. Alex sinks his sword into the Ink Shambler. Still reading the grim monster's thoughts, they turn from doomsaying into excessive cussing. Xander, the efcts of the pill wearing off, shoots and sinks an arrow into the side of the Djinn, causing him to yelp.

The Djinn releases a blast of vapors, sending the party flying back. Xander's dizzyness wears off...

Cb46c.png "*excessive cussing*"

Ink Shambler,Level 16 Demon

HP: 915/1000

Specials:

Putqd.png "I've had enough!"

Spin Djinn, Level 15 Flying Monster

HP: 546/750

SP: 15

Specials:

Spin Doctor: releases a healing cloud, restoring 70 HP to itself and it's allies.

Huff and Puff and: Blow you away! Releases a torrent of wind, hitting every hero for 12 damage regardless of row/SP, and forces them all to attack from the back row next round.

The Party:

xander_hunter.jpgXander Unth'or (posades) *Party Leader!*

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 16 *Immune to Blindness and Fragile*

Power: 29 (16+11+2)

Defense: 5

Health: 17/29 (8+15+6)

Ether: 0/0

Gold: 22

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:11; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow or a crossbow, allows the hunter to favour two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)

Inventory: Horse (WP: 1, grants speed within quests), Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion(2), Grand Potion, Skeleton Decoy, Venom, Elven Bomb

6922802854_4a639d453d_t.jpgAlthior Emorith (And Finnegan) *Fever!* *Hastened!*

32 years old male human

Level: 19.5 Sage

Power: 34 (19 + 10 + Spellbound gloves)

Defense: 4 (Cloak)

Health: 7/29

Ether: 23/25

Gold: 0

Equipment: Twin Sai Blades (WP:10, Dual Strike), Spellbound Gloves (+5 power when casting Spells, doubled if target is weak to Element), Robe of the Elven Necromancer (SP 4),

Inventory: Dragoro (WP 8), Skeleton Decoy, Potion, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Remedy, Horse, Diamond (Light), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood)

kXLOZ.pngAlexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Immunity!*

Level 15 Paladin, 20 year old elf male

Power: 23

Defense: 13

Health: 23/35

Ether: 15/15

Gold: 10

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 8; ignores SP), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10) (Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3; Damage of all Free Hits is halved; suitable for Knights and Barbarians)

Inventory: Potions (4), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb, Remedy, Tonic x2, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb

Edited by Endgame

"Xander, I don't want to take the chance and get KO'd this battle, so could you use a Grand Potion on me while I repeat my action?"