Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Basement Table Workspace

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I've been asked numerous times before where I build and have mentioned that there's a 4'x8' table in the basement that my MOCs are built. Back and beneath the table are shelves where plastic organizers/drawers contain the bricks sorted by colors. More shelves on the left wall with more plastic organizers/drawers and boxes of large sets used also for storage of minifigs by theme. It's not pretty so I dare not show the pics but you get the general isea when these boxes are stacked on top of each other.

Unpacked MOCs after this weekend's show

7804006850_fdf2ffa6ab_c.jpg

Since it's a tight quarters from the basement going up, I usually pack them upstairs in the living room.

7752761104_b3e27ebbe5_c.jpg

7170379613_90e2d35bd6_c.jpg

Nothing fancy and I sure wish I had more room to work with.

AC

Even your workspace is amazing. I'm still in awe at the Geonosian Arena - it looks so great! It's nice to finally see yours - or anyone's studio setup.

I can only envy you for having a room for LEGO alone... :wacko:

For the tables to hold those MOCs in the picture, the room should be of some decent (read: big, roomy) size.

Thanks for sharing. It is always interesting to see people's Lego rooms. I am impressed by the number of bricks (and MOCs built!). I always enjoy seeing the scale of your MOCs and now I can see the area in which it takes place.

Whenever we finish my Lego room, I will have to show photos. It will probably be a while since the wife thinks it is more important to redo the kitchen and maybe get a new roof first. Sure, like that will come in handy :tongue: .

Nothing fancy he says. You have whole basement filled with bricks to yourself and you still want more? I wish i was that lucky! :laugh: But kidding aside, you really got a nice MOC room set up there, judging from the description you got everything you need right at hand. It doesn't need to be pretty, as long as it's functional right? And seeing how many large scale MOCs you have you really could use a bit more space around there!

I always amazes me how large collectors sort, keep and build their creations. I struggle with my 3 bedroom house finding space to even store my rather small (compared to some collectors/builders) collection of bricks. It usually takes me 1/2 an hour to just set up a space in the living room and take my collection out and start building. It seems most of my time is spent organising space to store and build as well as sorting parts than actually building Lego. I really need a dedicated Lego room so I can organise my stuff.

I would have loved to see more pics of the storage and the room as a whole, nice insight though.

Even your workspace is amazing. I'm still in awe at the Geonosian Arena - it looks so great! It's nice to finally see yours - or anyone's studio setup.

I'll show more pics later on.

Thanks for sharing, ACPin! :thumbup: It's great to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of one of my favourite builders. :classic:

:sweet:

I don’t see a workspace or a table, must be under that massive amount of legos? :look:

Exactly! :laugh:

I can only envy you for having a room for LEGO alone... :wacko:

For the tables to hold those MOCs in the picture, the room should be of some decent (read: big, roomy) size.

I only occupy half of the basement so I continually have to move things around.

Thanks for sharing. It is always interesting to see people's Lego rooms. I am impressed by the number of bricks (and MOCs built!). I always enjoy seeing the scale of your MOCs and now I can see the area in which it takes place.

Whenever we finish my Lego room, I will have to show photos. It will probably be a while since the wife thinks it is more important to redo the kitchen and maybe get a new roof first. Sure, like that will come in handy :tongue: .

Been there, done that and good luck with your Lego room. :grin:

Nothing fancy he says. You have whole basement filled with bricks to yourself and you still want more? I wish i was that lucky! :laugh: But kidding aside, you really got a nice MOC room set up there, judging from the description you got everything you need right at hand. It doesn't need to be pretty, as long as it's functional right? And seeing how many large scale MOCs you have you really could use a bit more space around there!

Now you see the logic of why I have to deconstruct the MOCs more than I want to. Otherwise I won't have room to start building new stuff!

This looks awesome, you must have a million bricks *oh2*

More or less, and you haven't seen yet the boxes in the garage where I keep these!

6449406071_44c3c7281b_o.jpg

Your MOCs are amazing. Great work place :)

Getting crowded in here as I have to keep them built longer since I've been bringing them out for the shows.

Looks pretty good AC. :thumbup: Your table looks like mine after I finish building a large set haul. :tongue:

I know the feeling and imagine what I have to go through to sort these out when I finally deconstruct them. :oh:

Great work area; mine pales in comparison. Good lord, who has to dust all that stuff?

Fortunate enough to have a decent air-conditioning system that doesn't leave a lot of dust.

I always amazes me how large collectors sort, keep and build their creations. I struggle with my 3 bedroom house finding space to even store my rather small (compared to some collectors/builders) collection of bricks. It usually takes me 1/2 an hour to just set up a space in the living room and take my collection out and start building. It seems most of my time is spent organising space to store and build as well as sorting parts than actually building Lego. I really need a dedicated Lego room so I can organise my stuff.

I would have loved to see more pics of the storage and the room as a whole, nice insight though.

And how many times have you been looking for that specific piece even when you think you've sorted out everything?

AC

I know the feeling and imagine what I have to go through to sort these out when I finally deconstruct them. :oh:

I don't even want to think about that. My MOCs stay pretty small and still take an hour to sort. :tongue:

I don't even want to think about that. My MOCs stay pretty small and still take an hour to sort. :tongue:

When building new MOCs, I wind up ransacking older MOCs for pieces that I need. This goes on repeatedly until there's not much left and thus I save time sorting! :laugh: Case in point was this MOC where I got most of the tan pieces for the MOCs on the table.

6790787550_f61bbe7e53_z.jpg

AC

And how many times have you been looking for that specific piece even when you think you've sorted out everything?

AC

O that is horrible :sick: . It makes it harder when I have an 11 year old son that cant keep his hands of my sorted bricks. I spend hours sorting parts and he will get a whole bag of sorted elements (like antennas)and tip them out and stick them over his creations and when it comes to find the bag of sorted antennas they are not there :hmpf: .

Cant wait to see more pics :sweet: .

*oh2* are those "teeth" movable like the ones in the movie?

Sorry, they're not movable.

O that is horrible :sick: . It makes it harder when I have an 11 year old son that cant keep his hands of my sorted bricks. I spend hours sorting parts and he will get a whole bag of sorted elements (like antennas)and tip them out and stick them over his creations and when it comes to find the bag of sorted antennas they are not there :hmpf: .

Cant wait to see more pics :sweet: .

I'm rearranging the whole space around the worktable as I need to make room for these MOCs that I intend to bring to the shows. Otherwise I won't be able to build any new MOCs (bigger) if it's not done and I'll try to remember to take more pics when it's completed.

AC

...wonderfull moc, that tan structure on brown(I think) base of stones. Could you link me to that moc, if it has its own thread? tnx

Edit: never mind, I found your flickr account ;)

but any additional info would be great,as close up pictures ;)

I love to listen how big mocs were built, and the thoughts of the builder while looking at the pictures he is talking about:)

Edited by Angeli

...wonderfull moc, that tan structure on brown(I think) base of stones. Could you link me to that moc, if it has its own thread? tnx

Edit: never mind, I found your flickr account ;)

but any additional info would be great,as close up pictures ;)

I love to listen how big mocs were built, and the thoughts of the builder while looking at the pictures he is talking about:)

Here's the original thread for the Petranaki arena.

And the work-in-progress thread of the build for the various parts.

AC

When building new MOCs, I wind up ransacking older MOCs for pieces that I need. This goes on repeatedly until there's not much left and thus I save time sorting! :laugh: Case in point was this MOC where I got most of the tan pieces for the MOCs on the table.

*SNIP*

AC

Yeah I do that too, usually with MOCs that I haven't posted yet. :rofl: