Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

On her way to the designated meeting point for ther next quest, Nyx drops by the Marketplace.

She stops by Anwyl's and sell her Wooden Shield (SP2) for 10 gold ([2x10 = 20]/ 2 =10) bringing her total up to 300 gold.

Spotting a new shop, she strikes up conversation with the fabulous and flamboyant Fabien.

"Ooooh, you've got some lovely stuff here! And shoes, you have shoes! Hmm, I have an attractive pink lizard skin handbag, made from a real pink lizard from far off Carthago, so it's super-rare. I have its certificate of authenticity right here, but I don't have time to haggle right now as I have to be somewhere. Could you maybe have a look at it and maybe we could strike a deal when I return? :sweet: Anyway, your Robe of the Archmagi looks like it would suit me down to a T, so here, have all of my gold (300) for it. I think it will look just divine!"

Nyx giggles as she tries the robe on, noting that it was more or less the same robe she was already wearing, but in better condition and more richly embroidered. That done, she waves at Fabien with promises to return and runs off to join her questmates.

Hmm, I have an attractive pink lizard skin handbag, made from a real pink lizard from far off Carthago, so it's super-rare. I have its certificate of authenticity right here, but I don't have time to haggle right now as I have to be somewhere. Could you maybe have a look at it and maybe we could strike a deal when I return? :sweet:

Fabian smiles sweetly as he examines the pink handbag.

"It looks lovely, Miss Mage, but I fear it bears no interest to my clientele. It is just a bag, albeit a pretty one, after all."

Fabian gives the bag back, spreading his arms apologetically.

Xander walks into the Marketplace; he had many places to visit here, but first he headed to Fabian's stall.

"Hello sir, I have some things to sell. What do you think is a fair price I can get for this Robe of the Pongcanis Champion...45g? I also have a horse that I may be willing to part with, but I have no idea what the worth of something like this is."

Haldor trudged through Eubric's streets, on a path bound for the marketplace. Tommorrow, he knew, he would be going back to Haddon, and good preparations were essential, if Wren was waiting for him there. The Nord made his way over to the Dwarf Anwyl's smithy, in order to get rid of some junk. "Hello there Anwyl. I have something for you, but don't get yourself too excited." The Norseman extracted a rather greasy frying pan from his satchel, not wanting to think how long it had been festering in there. "Do what you want with this measly piece of scrap, Gods know why I kept it this long." The old Dwarf mumbled a bit about 'disgusting Northerners' and 'a waste of time', before snatching the pan, and stowing it quickly in a box full of rusty metal. The shopkeeper reluctantly handed over five gold pieces for the frying pan, which he knew was more than it was worth. Haldor put on a look of mock appreciation, and then he was off down the road again, toward Portia's stall. "Greetings Miss, you are looking old radiant today. I find myself here with five gold coins to spare, and that potion of yours looks rather inviting. Care for a trade?" Portia swore blushed slightly at the insult complement, and reached up for the potion, eagerly grasping at Haldor's five gold. "My thanks, lady, but now I am off." With that, he casually strolled back toward the hall, storing his new potion away as he went.

Edited by Scorpiox

Seeing that no one wanted his Robe of the Magi, Arthur drops it off at Fabian's, grudgingly accepting a mere 15 Gold for it. His mood lightens somewhat when he sees he has just enough Gold for a Nostrum at Portia's, and he greedily swipes from the woman's shelves, leaving 35 gold in its place. He pauses, seeing that he has enough Gold for a pair of Venoms, but decides to wait this time. He returns to the hall with only 13 Gold.

(33 + 15 = 48 - 35 = 13 Gold)

OOC: Scratch that, I just got a PM. :wink:

With 44 Gold jangling in his pocket, Arthur rushes up to Portia, taking a Nostrum from her supply. The 9 gold he had left was enough for a Venom, but he decided to let it go. Arthur returned to the Hall, making a slight detour along the way...

(44 - 35 = 9 Gold)

Edited by Flipz

Rufindel runs breathlessly up to Anwyl.

'Right, my good sir, please would you upgrade my Fauxthril Staff to WP:8'

Rufindel hands over 80 gold.

'Wonderful! Now please upgrade it to WP:9'

Rufindel hands over 90 gold.

'Perfect! Now, please take this Blacksmith's Writ, and kindly work your magic to make it WP:10'

Anwyl glares as Runfindel hands over the Writ. Rufindel then runs to Portia, and hurriedly hands over 10 gold for a Grand Potion.

"Hello sir, I have some things to sell. What do you think is a fair price I can get for this Robe of the Pongcanis Champion...45g? I also have a horse that I may be willing to part with, but I have no idea what the worth of something like this is."

Fabian is flabbergasted by the barbarian's offers. Where was the man's manners, bringing a horse to his fine establishment?

"Well, this robe is certainly not worth what you offer from it. I'll give you 20 gold for it. As for the horse, please find a stable for it. I have no room for such a creature in my boutique."

OoC: Alright, who made a horse an artefact?! That defies all logic and reason. :tongue:

OOC: Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. :tongue:

Xander replied to the salesman, "How about 30g, is that a reasonable compromise? I'll be sure to buy several of your fine wares in return."

OOC: Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger. :tongue:

Xander replied to the salesman, "How about 30g, is that a reasonable compromise? I'll be sure to buy several of your fine wares in return."

Fabian pondered.

"But will anyone buy it from me for 60 gold? Hmm... Alright then, but only if you promise to buy lots and lots. I don't mind seeing more of you muscular gentlemen frequenting my store... :wink: "

The elven merchant hands Xander 30 gold for the robe.

Xander gratefully accepts the money, bringing his total to 962g.

"As promised, I will now purchase a Hunter's Quiver and Heavy Armor." Xander puts -470g -(240g + 230g) on the counter. "Also, do you mind embuing this quiver with my Scroll of Blindness? Here is -50g for your services."

Bidding farewell to Fabian, Xander makes his way to Anwyl next. "Hello old friend, it seems I am need of your services. First, here is a double sided axe, which is worth 30g I believe. I would also be most obliged if you could upgrade this Precision Bow to WP:11? Here is -450g -(70g+80g+90g+100g+110g) for your troubles."

Walking out of the marketplace, Xander looks over his new items. Putting on his Heavy Armor and Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship, he notes his coin bag much lighter with just 22g (962g-520g+30g-450g) left rattling about. His next stop was the training room...

Mizuki goes to Fabian and says "Would you like to buy this witch's talisman for 200 gold?"

Edited by zakura

Erik tumbled out a library window, and made his way to the marketplace.

First he stopped by the Artefact shop he'd overheard heroes talking about, and purchased a pair of Barbarian's Boots for 50 gold, leaving him with 346 gold. 396 - 50 = 346

Then visited Anwyl's blacksmith, and sold his Axe for 15 gold, and had Voltedge upgraded to WP: 13 for 360 gold. 346 + 15 = 361, 361 - 110 = 251, 251 - 120 = 131, 131 - 130 = 1

He walked casually back to the hall, tossing his 1 remaining gold to himself as he did so.

Mizuki goes to Fabian and says "Would you like to buy this witch's talisman for 200 gold?"

OoC: Items permanently sold by Fabian can be automatically sold back to him for half their original price.

Fabian nods.

"Why, of course, Miss Rogue."

Fabian hands over 200 gold for the talisman.

Mizuki upgrades her dagger to WP 11 at Anwyl's blacksmiths for 110 gold (202-110=92 gold)

Next Mizuki walks to Portia's potion shack and buys 3 smelling salts for 75 gold (92-75=17 gold) Mizuki also picks up a Grand Potion and a Potion for 15 gold (17-15=2 gold) before walking out and returning to the hall flipping her two coins.

"Hello! I'd like to upgrade my Crossbow to WP:12... that is 110 gold plus another 120 so here is 230 gold."

"I'd also like to upgrade my tricorne to SP:6, so here is 40+50+60=150 gold."

Benji decides to buy some other items...

2x Smelling Salts - 25+25 = 50 gold

2x Mead - 15+15 = 30 gold

2x Grand Potion - 10+10 = 20 gold

All in all Benji spent 480 gold, leaving him with a measly 8 gold.

He now walks over to Fabian. "Hello again Fabian! How much would you buy my Armor of the Draugr (max health +2) for?"

"I'd also like to upgrade my tricorne to SP:6, so here is 40+50+60=150 gold."

Anwyl stops the assassin on his tracks.

"Not so fast! Do you really think your easily-flammable hat will endure the flames of my forge? Hahaha! Think again!"

OoC: Artefacts cannot be upgraded.

He now walks over to Fabian. "Hello again Fabian! How much would you buy my Armor of the Draugr (max health +2) for?"

Fabian raises his eyebrow.

"I don't see it being worth more than 40 gold on resale, so I can give you 20 gold for it."

Anwyl stops the assassin on his tracks.

"Not so fast! Do you really think your easily-flammable hat will endure the flames of my forge? Hahaha! Think again!"

OoC: Artefacts cannot be upgraded.

Fabian raises his eyebrow.

"I don't see it being worth more than 40 gold on resale, so I can give you 20 gold for it."

To Anwyl he says: "Crud, I was hoping you might be able to, uh, reinforce it with metal or something :look: Um yeah. Sorry about that. "

I take back my 150 gold from Anwyl.

To Fabian: "I'll take your 20 gold! Here is the armor."

Now with a little extra cash, Benji decides to go and buy a few more basics:

3x Smelling Salts - 25x3: 75 gold

1x Mead - 15 gold

2x Nostrum - 35x2: 70 gold

1x Grand Potion - 10 gold

Leaving Benji with 8 gold... again.

Edited by Flare

Nerwen retires from the hall, back to her room behind the temple of Sem.

Although her door is bolted from the inside an unknown intruder manages to stealthily gain entrance.

Passing by her belongings the silent figure removes a crown from Nerwen's satchel. The crown that used to sit on the head of Emperor Roland Emeraldo of Dastan.

Securing the targetted item the thief detaches a heavily padded bag of gold from his waist. Acting with skill and steal he places the bag in Nerwen's satchel, taking the place of the crown and then makes his exit.

In the morning Nerwen finds the bag, opening it she discovers 300 gold and a note saying simply,

Thank you. R.E.

All the above is just roleplay, the effect is the same as selling it, Nerwen is less one crown and up 300g.

Nerwen now has 593g so she heads down to the marketplace.

Stopping first at Anwyl's she sells her old staff(wp:3) 593+15=608g

She then orders a fauxthrill staff(wp:5), with an upgrade it to wp:6 and has her emerald merged with it. 608-(50+60+50)=448g

Whilst waiting for Anwyl to complete the work Nerwen goes to Portia's

She purchases two phoenix essences, two ice bombs, three remedies a potion and two elixirs. 448-(50+50+10+10+10+10+10++5+40+40)=213g

Noticing a new shop on the way, she ducks into Fabian's

Looking over his wares she likes the look of the white cloak. The price is right and the coin changes hands 213-60=153g

After picking up her new staff, Nerwen is satisfied with the day's work and returns to the hall to check the board again.

Cinna walks over to Portia's Potion Shack. After quite some time of picking things up and putting them back, she takes two bottles of mead up to the counter and hands Portia the 30 gold, leaving 6 gold in her pocket.

Having learned from the goat with the note (:laugh:) that she had been summoned to the Fields of Glory Namyrra ran to the marketplace and sought out Portia.

"Dearest Portia, I need:

5 Meads, 5 Smelling salts, 2 Nostrums and 2 Smoke bombs.

That should be a total of 280 gold, shouldn't it?"

(5x15 + 5x25 + 2x35 + 2x5 = 280)

Namyrra gives Portia 280 gold leaving her with 44 gold (324-280=44) and lot of consumables as she runs to catch up with the goat and the rest of her party going to the Fields.

On his way back from Guffington Manor, Hybros stopped at the marketplace after noticing a new shop had opened. With 1264 gold weighing him down, he headed over to Fabian's Fashion. Browsing his wares, Hybros eventually came upon a shiny amulet. The elf explained that it protected from curses. It would go well with the cursed gold armor that he wore. He threw Fabian 40 gold as he put on the Blessed Amulet underneath his cloak.

"And ehm... I have this Helmet and this Cat Statuette that I have not found a use for, eheh... what do you say to 15 gold each?"

"And ehm... I have this Helmet and this Cat Statuette that I have not found a use for, eheh... what do you say to 15 gold each?"

Fabian blinks as he waits for Hybros to show his artefacts.

"Well, I need to see them first before I can evaluate their worth, Mr. Imp."

OoC: There's no mention of these two items in your statistics...

OOC: Oops, I just removed them. They're both +1 HP artifacts. The helmet is headwear (you created it! :tongue: ) and the cat is an accessory.

Hybros pulls out the helmet and statuette, handing them to Fabian to inspect.

OOC: Oops, I just removed them. They're both +1 HP artifacts. The helmet is headwear (you created it! :tongue: ) and the cat is an accessory.

Hybros pulls out the helmet and statuette, handing them to Fabian to inspect.

OoC: Well, I wasn't sure if it was the Helmet from my quest or some other helmet. You shouldn't remove items from your inventory before you've sold them, anyway, unless you just want to chuck them away.

Fabian takes the items and gives them a close look.

"Hmm, I can give you 15 gold for the statuette, but the helmet is worth less, so I can buy it for 10 gold."