Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

I already said this in the topic for the Lego City undercover game, but I want that GT40. At least the instructions. :wub:

Who wouldn't? I would love to make that car, but in blue and orange, because there was a race car driver in Angola that my dad liked and his car has a GT40 in light blue and orange.

I just noticed... The torso for the minidisc in the GT40 pic is the same torso print used for the Race Car Driver in Series 3, only in a dark green body instead of red. We all know TLG rehashes prints and Parts to keep costs down, but if this was just a unique element of a video game couldn't they just do whatever they want??!

Could this be a clue to further support the idea that the GT40, and ultimately all of these, will actually be released??

I'm not sure if these have been posted yet, but I found some HR images for the game "Lego City Undercover" which may show some 2013 city sets!?

Remember these are NOT confirmed 2013 sets!

SNIP!!!

DAMN!! I hope LEGO release these sets!!! I want!!!!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please don't quote pictures.

Take it FWIW, but member Hulk_Smash claims to have seen the '13 catalog and offered this when I asked him if he'd seen any City sets:

No problem, I think I might have seen I crane but I'm probably wrong.

If so, where would this fit in? Mining? Or more construction???

Take it FWIW, but member Hulk_Smash claims to have seen the '13 catalog and offered this when I asked him if he'd seen any City sets:

{quote}

I hope it is neither. :sceptic:

I already said this in the topic for the Lego City undercover game, but I want that GT40. At least the instructions. :wub:

Instructions? Come on, it would be easy to make one just looking at that picture. Nonetheless, it doesn't really look like a GT40 .. what's up with the sidemirrors and the bulky back? :sadnew:

I can't think about any mining set where a crane could fit in. Plus the mining theme is a classic "only-one-wave-theme" which for sure won't see any additional sets (apart from that I anyway highly doubt that this low-quality mining theme will be successful).

Either the rumor of an undercover theme is wrong (which wouldn't surprise me) and we will get a construction theme instead of which the crane will be part of.

Or the spring wave will be a construction theme of which the crane will be part of.

Or the crane will be a stand-alone set.

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new construction theme next year - in the past there was one every three years and the last one was in 2012.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The hunt is on, my friends!!! Is it just me or isn't this becoming half the fun, waiting for the info to slowly trickle out from the most remote corners of the globe?! :wacko:

I doubt an 'undercover theme' would be part of City, more likely as an action theme (like the quite succesfull Agents theme)

As KD noted, I also think the mining theme is a one shot only. Too bad, they fitted right into my layout (but the again, I didn't bay any of the constructions sets from 2007-20011)

I just hope 2013 will bring SOMETHING ELSE THAN FREAKIN' FIRE/POLICE SETS!! .. sorry, EB is back to their normal friendly, none shouting service .. :laugh:

Another crane.....perhaps the return of more Great Vehicles eh ? :wink:

Oh, well as soon as we can get some realistic sounding rumours that 'Rick', 'Ricecracker' or 'Phred' will start a 2013 City topic ? :wink:

ANOTHER RUMOR:

According to this forum thread at Brickset (found in another EB article regarding 'Legends of Chima'), a Brickset user (xkillthelightsx, near the bottom of the thread) in Australia claims to have seen the retailer catalogs, and had this to say regarding City:

There's a pretty cool looking city set that's like a museum heist or some such thing that's a bit more detailed and aimed at the 6-12 bracket.

Now I regard rumors as simply that-- and until I see otherwise I'm not sure I believe this-- but thought it was worth at least reporting to all my City friends. Try to contain your drool until we have more concrete intel!

Oh, well as soon as we can get some realistic sounding rumours that 'Rick', 'Ricecracker' or 'Phred' will start a 2013 City topic ? :wink:

ANOTHER RUMOR:

News and rumours about 2013 City Sets can be discussed here now. :sweet:

I really hope we get more of those great vehicles sets, the price point was spot on, and the part selection was great.

That theme sold really well in the local toy shops, (they kept telling us this when I was buying them)

Hopefully Lego also noted this

A new City multipac! is it only available in Japan?

Great find!

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

The release date is mid-October, I wonder what is on the DVD ?

Probably (at least in part) the city mini-movies). Of course, there could be other stuff too.