XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Looking at Cavegod's new pictures of the B-wing, I must say it looks to be the best B-wing yet. The windscreen of the cockpit will always be a bit irksome because of the "double-hull" feel it gives the cockpit, but looking at the studio model I think it would be very difficult to achieve the same curves using a brick-built solution.

All in all I think the aesthetics of the model is worth the design score given by cavegod. What will hold many people of an initial purchase is the price.

In any case, I'm in love and will get this day one - I have planned a few mods though, because as beautiful as the 10227 is, there is still a little room for improvement :wink:

(...)I have planned a few mods though, because as beautiful as the 10227 is, there is still a little room for improvement :wink:

I'm probably letting my curiosity getting the better of me here, but i have to ask: what mods did you have in mind?

I'm probably letting my curiosity getting the better of me here, but i have to ask: what mods did you have in mind?

:laugh:

Well, the dark bley bracket below the cockpit is about twice as big on the Lego version compared to the studio model, so that will be made smaller. Then there is the back-end of the cockpit section which keeps falling off perhaps that should be addressed as well :)

These should be quick mods :wink:

:laugh:

Well, the dark bley bracket below the cockpit is about twice as big on the Lego version compared to the studio model, so that will be made smaller. Then there is the back-end of the cockpit section which keeps falling off perhaps that should be addressed as well :)

These should be quick mods :wink:

To be honest, i was thinking along the same lines. Like many people i find the windscreen part in the cockpit to be one of the most awkward details in the model, but i did notice the disproportionally large dark bley brackets too. I don't have any ideas how to improve the windscreen (yet), but the brackets should be easy enough to fix, so i wasn't even bothered enough to mention it as a point of critique.

Depending on how the rear of the cockpit is constructed, i'm hoping it can be easily fixed by shoving an axle or bar through the middle. But since you will probably be getting this set a lot sooner than i will, please do let us know how you fixed this area!

Apart from the mentioned areas the B-Wing is really looking good. Maybe i'll make a few minor tweaks and alterations, i usually do, but i don't expect there will be many on this model.

There is a bar in it but it's still an easy fix, the dbg bracket is an easy fix aswell, its just that cockpit!

There is a bar in it but it's still an easy fix, the dbg bracket is an easy fix aswell, its just that cockpit!

Any chance you have already made these fixes and have pics to share? :classic:

@DFOL, if cave is too lazy I'll post the mod as soon as I get my grubs on the model this October :wink:

Any chance you have already made these fixes and have pics to share? :classic:

@DFOL, if cave is too lazy I'll post the mod as soon as I get my grubs on the model this October :wink:

Thanks, much appreciated!

I'm sure someone mentioned this somewhere before, but if you look carefully at the information sticker, you'll see that the dark bley brackets originally didn't come with the curved slopes. They look much less bulky without them, so taking them off would be one approach to modding that area. But alternatively, i was thinking of removing the slopes and keeping the curved parts instead.

I can't wait till LEGO puts the instructions online, so i can recreate the cockpit in LDraw and start trying to find a less awkward looking solution for the cockpit. Preferably without having to rework that whole section, because i really like the looks of the rest of the cockpit. I'm interested to see what ideas you guys come up with for this part.

That'll let me collect the parts for the mod and some dark red bricks before I get mine probably in december :sweet:

Thanks, much appreciated!

I'm sure someone mentioned this somewhere before, but if you look carefully at the information sticker, you'll see that the dark bley brackets originally didn't come with the curved slopes. They look much less bulky without them, so taking them off would be one approach to modding that area. But alternatively, i was thinking of removing the slopes and keeping the curved parts instead.

I can't wait till LEGO puts the instructions online, so i can recreate the cockpit in LDraw and start trying to find a less awkward looking solution for the cockpit. Preferably without having to rework that whole section, because i really like the looks of the rest of the cockpit. I'm interested to see what ideas you guys come up with for this part.

Yeah - actually I mentioned the alternate bracket design on the sticker in an earlier post :tongue:

A single 2x2 dbg slope might almost do the job. The challenge is that the bracket should cover a bit of the round cockpit...

In any case I think the curved brick is a bit too long. Perhaps I'll end up using something with a hinge :laugh:

Oo i could build it in ldd!

hmm the parts are not available but i could photo each page?

I, think the best way to do the bracket is with 1x3 curved slopes a 2x2 plate and 2 cheeses i may go and do it and take a pic, any other pics you want just ask before i break it down and box it up again.

Oo i could build it in ldd!

hmm the parts are not available but i could photo each page?

I, think the best way to do the bracket is with 1x3 curved slopes a 2x2 plate and 2 cheeses i may go and do it and take a pic, any other pics you want just ask before i break it down and box it up again.

If you could picture each page, I have the time to build it in ldd :wink:

I tried to recreate the cockpit in MLCad, but something doesn't quite add up. Am i correct in thinking that the original windscreen part is placed at a bit of an angle? And how is it attached?

Edited by DFOL

I tried to recreate the cockpit in MLCad, but something doesn't quite add up. Am i correct in thinking that the original windscreen part is placed at a bit of an angle? And how is it attached?

It's not attached, it just stay in place.

sits flat irl

Well, i haven't found any satisfactory solution for the windscreen yet. I've been looking at this part, but that would require rebuilding a large part of that section and altering the overall appearance of the cockpit, which i hope to avoid.

My main gripe with the current canopy is that it slopes back down towards the rear. So i just removed these tan parts in MLCad and raised the back end of the canopy a bit, tilting the piece slightly forward so it doesn't slope back down so much. It instantly looked less awkward. The big question is: will this approach work on the real model as well, and will it improve the looks as much as it did in MLCad? Maybe you could try it out Cavegod?

Well, i haven't found any satisfactory solution for the windscreen yet. I've been looking at this part, but that would require rebuilding a large part of that section and altering the overall appearance of the cockpit, which i hope to avoid.

My main gripe with the current canopy is that it slopes back down towards the rear. So i just removed these tan parts in MLCad and raised the back end of the canopy a bit, tilting the piece slightly forward so it doesn't slope back down so much. It instantly looked less awkward. The big question is: will this approach work on the real model as well, and will it improve the looks as much as it did in MLCad? Maybe you could try it out Cavegod?

will do it asap

yes it does but your vision is now drawn to the gaps at the side of the cockpit. the rear of the cockpit assembly just need 2 2x2 round plates to replace the last 2x2 round brick to fix that problem. the 6l bar then gets another plate depth of grip in the cone.

Edited by cavegod

Hmmm... MLCad showed only minor gaps, are they that noticeable on the real model? That doesn't sound good. So much for that bright idea, lol! :laugh:

battle of hoth isn't out yet.

The Lego board game? It most certainly is, I got it months ago. It is not being released in USA due to licensing issues.

The Lego board game? It most certainly is, I got it months ago. It is not being released in USA due to licensing issues.

So it is never gatting released in USA? What licensing issues are this?