G with unimog tires looks civil. :thumbup:

Is the suspension strong enough? If i look the picture the suspension is at the bottom.(bad english)

i think the black springs was the right decission. at a flat surface the springs are compressed one third. so i have a good flex on uneven terrain.

i dont understand why the tatras in the lego truck trial vids has on a flat surface a fully extended suspension. if there is a hole on the ground every other spring must first be compressed, before the tire above the hole can get contact to ground again. in my eyes this is not good for traction and on side slopes it let the tatras making easier a side roll. my spring setup would give them more ground contact and a lower center of gravity.

Edited by efferman

This is awesome, makes me wanna build something similar except with two buggy motors under the hood :devil:

This is awesome, makes me wanna build something similar except with two buggy motors under the hood :devil:

v2 receiver comes in handy! tested in my nearly finished MOC, one buggy motor on one output, servo on other, goes faster and much more responsivedefault_thumbup.gif

v2 receiver comes in handy! tested in my nearly finished MOC, one buggy motor on one output, servo on other, goes faster and much more responsivedefault_thumbup.gif

Ah ha! Thanks for the info :classic:

@efferman

Whenever I come across that dilemma I always take apart the MOC in modules or I take a look at the model really closely and I can replicate or build the sections of the model and make the whole axles and such:)

Or, you can dissasemble AND take pics at the same time, and use those pics to rebuild your TruckTrial:)

Edited by 88high

i will see what i can do

i have began with building a second chassis (a bit improved) for the instruction. for the new motors iam using dummys

7789836154_345b08e19e.jpg

7789836488_df149f5478.jpg

7789838104_36f6eb7926.jpg

100_9572 von efferman auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

good news, the G-Class pickup will stay alive. i have made a small order a few minutes ago

[New] Light Bluish Gray Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions L with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom (x2) ..... EUR 16.70 each = EUR 33.40

[New] Light Bluish Gray Electric, Motor 9V Power Functions Servo with Dark Bluish Gray Bottom (x2) ..... EUR 24.80 each = EUR 49.60

because the axles are identical i can make a instruction without dissassembling the G

Excellent work Effe, brilliant!!

Your standards seem to get higher and higher each time :sweet:

As I saw on the German forum, it took quite some time to engineer.. You are not satisfied easy are you? :tongue:

well, iam not often satisfied. easy to see at my many unfinished mocs :blush:

Raising the bar is a good thing if you have enough self-confidence :)

the instruction for the frame is finished. here some steps

7825080026_dff0f51592.jpg 7825075164_a9f3126bc5.jpg

7825071150_c9599f2759.jpg 7825066728_f5649cbbfb.jpg

7825065366_6a86a22fa9.jpg 7825063312_503e7aab29.jpg

7825060824_5ceb832509.jpg 7789836154_345b08e19e.jpg

all steps on flickr and brickshelf it may take several days til lthe brickshelf folder is online

Edited by efferman

One more question, im asking beacuse i m building something like your mercedes .Did you use solution 1 or 2?

mercedesu.jpg