hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

Here are some more of the project pics from Flickr:

7791653382_3347bd63c8_m.jpg

7792247496_3f0a984466_n.jpg7795184044_b3751aba0f_n.jpg7795569698_8b1da86d8d_n.jpg

The first pic is of space marine decals and the second through fourth are of a new vehicle he's making.

Edited by DraikNova

Well, I've done my part and supported the CUUSOO project. Where are the rest of you lazy bums? :tongue:

Edited by Capt. Redblade

Well, we only need less than 3000 supporters. That should take about one or two months.

I predict within a month. My next birthday is about in a month, too, so maybe I'll get my idea to 10k as a present... :classic: Anyway, it's back to working on the mysterious new vehicle.

That wheel makes it look like an airplane launching mechanism for some reason. And I hope you get your present.

That wheel makes it look like an airplane launching mechanism for some reason. And I hope you get your present.

It's not a wheel- it's the only weapon that's hardwired into the vehicle. The rest are attachable using modular weapons connections.

That's actually not one that's supposed to be made apparently. HJ just made that for some reason. Probably just to add some more military feel to the Space Army.

Well, some more teaser pics:

7796115696_10c8478669_n.jpg7796986748_7ff902ca48_n.jpg7797806646_96ffc9c8e2_n.jpg7798518152_771b789cb1_n.jpg7799008962_16d087e689_n.jpg7801754820_e47b74946c_n.jpg

Turns out it probably is the dropship. How predictable yet awesome :wink:. It looks great.

EDIT: Oops, double post.

Edited by DraikNova

Now THAT is a Lego I would buy! :wub: I hope if this reaching 10k this turns out to be a theme rather than a one-off set!Also,I got a CUUSOO account JUST to support this project! :laugh:

None. I originally intended to have the dropship actually drop drop pods, but after some revision it seemed that the better concept is that of a heavily-armored vehicle that flies in low and drops infantry directly, who then link up with an advance force that's been deployed via pod earlier.

None. I originally intended to have the dropship actually drop drop pods, but after some revision it seemed that the better concept is that of a heavily-armored vehicle that flies in low and drops infantry directly, who then link up with an advance force that's been deployed via pod earlier.

Karanak's work is very inspiring :wink:

The sets (and surely the game) are very nicely done, I hope the project will hit the 10000 in cuusoo :thumbup:

Too bad. Oh well, it leaves for some improvement and modding. And since it uses modular weapons, it's practically perfect anyway.

That's actually not one that's supposed to be made apparently. HJ just made that for some reason. Probably just to add some more military feel to the Space Army.

Aw :cry_sad: Oh, well. Still an awesome project, and best of luck to you guys :classic:

I like the new pilot you made for the dropship, and I can't wait to see these in real life.

These Space Marines are very cool, but, if they are rejected, then it will be a waste. I believe that it took you hours to make the digital drawing and creating the names for the alien species, etc. This is awesome, but imagine that it is rejected. Any way, I support this idea and hope that LEGO makes them. LFreak out.

I wouldn't say it will have been a waste. I've got my name out there (always a plus in the art field), and I've learned a lot about 3d modeling and rendering while I'm at it.

Plus, apart from the ugokins, you can actually make most of these sets yourself. BTW, didn't you order some supplies to make real-life Space Marine figs (stickers, red paint, CMF Galaxy Patrol figs)?

Plus, apart from the ugokins, you can actually make most of these sets yourself. BTW, didn't you order some supplies to make real-life Space Marine figs (stickers, red paint, CMF Galaxy Patrol figs)?

Well, if you have a lot of experience, tools, materials and patience (things I don't have :laugh: ) you could make the head of the ugokins at least for the ugokin soliders. The body of the enemies are much more complicated.

I'm actually making a game. A full-featured game with rather impressive AI, actually.

Add me for the test too!