de Gothia

Elon and sons comes to Benoic

It was spring in Benoic and Avalonia. de Gothia stood at the border to Glevum and watch the road ahead of him. Beside de Gothia stood Lena. They waited for Elon Chorian, Lenas father who had said yes to the marriage between de Gothia and Lena. Elon was coming for the marriage later in the summer.

7800866072_203a95d759.jpg

They heard the sound of horses and marching soldiers in the forest. And there they were, Elon and his two sons. The North had come!

7800875846_2b1e632c7d.jpg

7800879900_ced5fe7b97.jpg

7800869332_903d3aee17.jpg

7800890714_9cf06a3f6b.jpg

7800893750_cdf7caa178.jpg

7800872602_4ec9cf49ae.jpg

C&C as always much welcome!

This build was a little tribute to DC here on EB! I´ve learned so much watching his mocs! And those 8x8 medium blue trans plates is so nice as water!

Also thanks to SOT, I "borrowed" that bridge from you! Thanks for Skafte aswell for help with the tower technique!

Very nice! :thumbup: You have quite a bit going on in such a small space. Great variety in stonework and foliage. The base with the dragon shield looks good. Can we get a better picture of that? My only nitpick is not enough pictures.

This is a really great build dG. I'm very fond of your style, so this is no exception. So much going on, such nice building techniques. BTW, how did you build that tower. I really wonder. I also very much like the idea of closer relations between Mitgardia and Avalonia, I guess I will pic this up as well in one of my next mocs.

Great build!

This is a really great build dG. I'm very fond of your style, so this is no exception. So much going on, such nice building techniques. BTW, how did you build that tower. I really wonder. I also very much like the idea of closer relations between Mitgardia and Avalonia, I guess I will pic this up as well in one of my next mocs.

I believe this is alternating 2 x 4 wedges placed together.

Excellent build! The overall composition is very nice :thumbup: The round tower, bridge, and mill are great and the foliage works well.

Looking forward to the wedding scene :classic:

love it ;) could you take a picure of that finger leaves tree, so we can see how you built it? :)

Another great build dG! I am really enjoying following the story of Elon, dG and his new bride this summer. That tower looks great...I'd love to see a giant monstrosity of a tower built in that style. The battlements you put at the top of it look very interesting in shape and design. It really helps make this stand out as a unique settlement.

I really like these happy scenes. Life goes on, even in times of trouble. A fantastic build, especially the tower. I've never seen that technique before, it's so innovative. Could you share how you achieved it please? Very nice composition of buildings and scenery. I think the tan plates look a little out of place, maybe light bley or brown would stand out less. Lovely build though, well done

:classic:

Blggg.. It is way to warm in Avalonia, hopefully Lena gets used to it :wink:

Once again a great scene filled with details like the bridge(definitely goind to use that sometime) and the tower looks awesome. And as always is the vegetation excellent. Also nice job on the rocks witch the clear plates in the water :thumbup:

Great build as always de Gothia!

Really digging the tower, my only critic would be to make it a bit taller!

I also love the new "Santa" bag from Series 8.

I got one but when I went back to get another one, my local Toy's R Us had sold out of the two cases they had (in less than 3 days)

Thanks guys! :classic::blush:

Cpt BB: Hehe, I don´t really know what more I can photograph? :classic: I will try to take a shot of the dragon shield tomorrow.

Kabel: As LD says, that tower is made up by wedges. I can´t take any credit for it though. Here is a link where it´s first built I think

My link

Soccerkid: Yup that will follow aswell, a little scared though about the church part of building!

Angeli: The larger trees are made up by 3941 and 98284 on BL. Bought many in my Lugbulk! :thumbup:

Robuko: I will have to try some other colours on the road. I´m kind of stuck in my thinking when it comes to roads! But brown plates will come soon as ground! :classic:

Ecc: Hehe sorry, my fault that the marriage is going to be held in the summer! And the bridge is from SOT, but I agree its´s a beauty!

Mikey: Yes I also think the tower would be some bricks higher. I ordered the wedges in the Lugbulk but to few though! :cry_sad: Hope they come again because they are expensive!! :sceptic: The CMF´s accesories is always nice to spice up the moc and I love the sanata claus bags!

Thanks again! Glad you liked it!

Great scene! I can definitely see DC's influence here. And a really nice round tower. I don't think I knew of that technique before. I'm going to have to BrickLink those wedges.

Although I'm not sure you want that studly young dude in the last photo walking around with no shirt on. At least not until you all are safely married. :devil:

One minor C&C - you might want to lower the water level by a few plates or so. Right now it looks like it's going to flood. Usually rivers are in a bit more of depressed channel.

Nice MOC dG!

It made it easier for me to choose how I will do the water in my city :thumbup:

The bridge turned out very good, as well as the tower! (only remark here is the tower may be a bit taller :laugh: )

NM: Thanks! And yes you are right about the water level! Have to think about it next time. It´s fun to be as accurate you can when mocing! Hehe, the mill owner is a happy married fella so he is no problem! :tongue:

Da Maximus: Thanks! Yes the water technique is brilliant. Pity that the 8x8 plates are so expensive :sceptic:

And for you my Cpt BB. Here is a photo of the dragon shield

7807131300_78929f8a6f.jpg

Are you using the parts from the city trees? whatever they are I don't have any of them but they are looking good!

LD; Yes I think they are from the city trees. I bought them in my Lugbulk though. :thumbup:

The parts are these 3941 and 98284 on BL.

A lovely scene deGothia, good to see that your character survived the elemental onslaught - i trust that Quinn was safely re-interred after that mishap? :sadnew: Some very nifty techniques on show here - the tower is one i haven't noticed before, very unusual! :classic:

Lovely work! I love all the green and the river is awesome, especially with the way you curved the bridge. Love how you used the new CMF bag too (my guess is it's filled with hay?)! :thumbup: