Buttons

Bricklink questions

Can someone tell me why Bricklink no longer stores my login info as a cookie? I'm finding it somewhat annoying having to log on every time I go there...

Can someone tell me why Bricklink no longer stores my login info as a cookie? I'm finding it somewhat annoying having to log on every time I go there...

It´s for now set on a 30 minutes cookie. One reason the hacking attack was succeful had something to do with the "forever login". That´s why it is like this for NOW. When the re-write of the code for the site is done they might change it to a longer one.
Hello,

Q - why bricklink site cant save my password???

A - It is for your security, and for the security of the entire website. It is to eliminate break-ins like the one that created all the major havoc experienced recently. Please note that on all secure sites (eBay, Paypal, your bank, etc.) passwords expire after a few minutes for the same reason. Again; this is a security feature that was recently implemented on BrickLink.

As for the inconvenience with only 30 minutes, here´s some suggestions from the BL Forum:

do not have answers to your questions, but a temporary work-around to avoid losing work is to have a second browser window open that you can use just to log in before submitting anything in the other windows. Yes, it is kludgy, but it beats having to redo your work.
Exactly what we're doing too. Since we have multiple tabs open anyways, just click between Forums and My BrickLink tabs to see if we are still logged in or not.
You can also use a browser like Chrome that will auto populate your username and password on the login page. You just have to click the Login button.

Wait, what break-in? :oh3:

Really :hmpf:? It´s been havoc since 1 June and the admins are working their as-es off to fix it!

First info here, all threads here.

Really :hmpf:? It´s been havoc since 1 June and the admins are working their as-es off to fix it!

First info here, all threads here.

Damn! :oh:

Well, thanks for the info!

I'm new to BL and I just got really confused about something. There's this brick I'm looking at and it says "Qty: 279 (x18)" Does this mean if I buy one, I'll get 18.. or are there 279 sets of 18 of the brick? Do I have to pay the price for all 18 or is it a set price or what? I couldn't find anything in forum :sceptic: I'm just confused on this, I've probably seen this on 10 items out of the hundreds I've gone through. Someone pleas help.

I'm new to BL and I just got really confused about something. There's this brick I'm looking at and it says "Qty: 279 (x18)" Does this mean if I buy one, I'll get 18.. or are there 279 sets of 18 of the brick? Do I have to pay the price for all 18 or is it a set price or what? I couldn't find anything in forum :sceptic: I'm just confused on this, I've probably seen this on 10 items out of the hundreds I've gone through. Someone pleas help.

You have to buy in multiples of 18.... so 18, 36, 54...

It means you can only buy that item in quantities of multiples of 18. So you can't buy just one. You have to buy 18 or 36 or 54, etc

Edit I got started typing, distracted and Fred beat me to it.

Edited by Drock

You have to buy in multiples of 18.... so 18, 36, 54...

Ok thanks. I just wasn't sure what the "x18" meant. Another question: Is it good to find a quantity of 279 for a piece only in one set?

Ok thanks. I just wasn't sure what the "x18" meant. Another question: Is it good to find a quantity of 279 for a piece only in one set?

:laugh: it depends on whether you want that piece or not!

It also depends on how many of that piece are included in the set.

Generally speaking, though, I'd say if it's a desirable and rare piece, finding that many is pretty good!

:laugh: it depends on whether you want that piece or not!

It also depends on how many of that piece are included in the set.

Generally speaking, though, I'd say if it's a desirable and rare piece, finding that many is pretty good!

Okay well I'm getting into trains now and since I missed the Emerald Night, I'm going to build my version of it. I'm thinking the printed slopes would be good for a whole train so I might just buy most of them :laugh: Now to search for other pieces.. Oh and is there a chart comparing the prices of LEGO vs. BL? Like a price for certain pieces?

Can anyone recommend some good Bricklink stores to me? I'm using Bricklink for the first time, and can't seem to find a store with all/the majority of what I need--whenever I find a store with enough of one piece that I need (120 of the plates with a clip on the end, for example), it doesn't have anything else that I need. :sceptic: The bricks I'm looking for aren't just the regular 1*2 or 2*4 bricks or whatever, so am I just going to have to accept buying from dozens of stores? Really don't want to pay separate shipping for each. :cry_sad:

I'd appreciate it if someone with some experience could help me . . . Thanks!! :sweet:

Okay well I'm getting into trains now and since I missed the Emerald Night, I'm going to build my version of it. I'm thinking the printed slopes would be good for a whole train so I might just buy most of them :laugh: Now to search for other pieces.. Oh and is there a chart comparing the prices of LEGO vs. BL? Like a price for certain pieces?

Well then that makes sense - usually places with larger quantities charge more because they know you can make up some of the difference on convenience and shipping. What I tend to do is get the pieces I need immediately, but keep the piece on my wanted list so that when I bulk up future orders I can see what pieces a store has for reasonable prices and get them just a few at a time.

Let me explain in case you don't know what I mean - often you need just a few pieces, so you get killed on shipping and handling, so a lot of people will bulk up their order with interesting pieces even if they don't necessarily need them right away.

There's no chart - it's been suggested on BL that BL occasionally scrape the LEGO S@H page for people to price compare, but neither the BL admin nor the shop owners want you to be able to easily compare prices with S@H. BL nearly always beats S@H, but there are a number of pieces actually cheaper on S@H, and sometimes the prices are comparable - but you can get a quantity all in one shot from S@H.

Maybe a "scraper" is something I can do on my own... I have a number of ideas for useful online LEGO tools. Otherwise, you're stuck looking in the catalog on BL to compare prices between stores. That works the best, because if you need "X" number of some piece you can quickly see who has that many and how much they are charging.

Beware the catalog for prices on full sets, though. You'll see unrealistically cheap ones, even listed as "new," but when you go look you'll find the shop owner has taken all the minifigures out or something along those line, and yet they screw up the catalog statistics by listing it as a set. I also take issue with shops that collect all the parts for a set, then sell it as a set. A number of sellers are doing that for the LEGO store promotional set. It's unethical, IMO, unless it's clearly listed as a reproduction.

Can anyone recommend some good Bricklink stores to me? I'm using Bricklink for the first time, and can't seem to find a store with all/the majority of what I need--whenever I find a store with enough of one piece that I need (120 of the plates with a clip on the end, for example), it doesn't have anything else that I need. :sceptic: The bricks I'm looking for aren't just the regular 1*2 or 2*4 bricks or whatever, so am I just going to have to accept buying from dozens of stores? Really don't want to pay separate shipping for each. :cry_sad:

I'd appreciate it if someone with some experience could help me . . . Thanks!! :sweet:

It is what it is... if you create a wanted list with minimum quantities of what you need, then the wanted list "By Shop" tab will list the stores with the most matches. The problem is they are not necessarily the cheapest or best stores, so it may be worth it to move down on the list and compare several shops.

But this is the nature of BL... people part out sets and get pieces from the PAB wall at LEGO Stores... any individual seller is only going to have a fraction of all the available kinds of pieces, and they usually have limited quantities, which is why sometimes S@H can be a better deal even if their prices don't beat BL - you can get all your parts in large quantities in one order.

It takes a lot of work to get the best deals.

Is it not possible to have Bricklink email you when you receive a private message? I thought it did so already, but I guess I was wrong... and I cannot seem to find out how to switch it on.

I've been looking on bricklink for some wands (aka the sticks) but cannot find them on bricklink. :cry_sad: What category do they come under on the bricklink website?? *huh*

Thanks for any advice and sorry if this is in the wrong forum :wacko:

JFox is absolutely right, but as a tip, if you know a set that has a part you want, look up the set in the bricklink catalog - then look at the inventory.

I've been looking on bricklink for some wands (aka the sticks) but cannot find them on bricklink. :cry_sad: What category do they come under on the bricklink website?? *huh*

Thanks for any advice and sorry if this is in the wrong forum :wacko:

Topic moved and merged to here.

How do bricklink sellers manage to sell CMFs for such cheap prices? I was thinking of selling a few of mine but they are sold for less than £1 on there? I could understand this if maybe you were selling one figure who you didn't want but one guy had about 100 Aztec warriors for £1.20. This is ridiculous considering they cost £1.99.

How do bricklink sellers manage to sell CMFs for such cheap prices? I was thinking of selling a few of mine but they are sold for less than £1 on there? I could understand this if maybe you were selling one figure who you didn't want but one guy had about 100 Aztec warriors for £1.20. This is ridiculous considering they cost £1.99.

I think BL sellers have gotten ripped on CMFs...

While it's true you can buy a case for less than MSRP from some sources, the price has to be what people are willing to pay - and in each series, there are some that are above MSRP (Zombies, Elves, etc) and some that way below... people just don't want them, so they can try to sell them for MSRP or higher, but they won't have much luck.

I think CMF is overall a bad deal for bricklink sellers, it doesn't seem like they make a lot of money on them overall.

25fqfq8.jpg

does anyone know the name of this piece so I can find it on Bricklink?

or does anyone know a set where i can find it?

Edited by Simple1DEA

does anyone know the name of this piece so I can find it on Bricklink?

or does anyone know a set where i can find it?

Minifig, Utensil Box Wrench (click on the image):

6246d.gif

Minifig, Utensil Box Wrench (click on the image):

Thanks!

edit: Does anyone know if there is a lego piece for this I can buy from Bricklink?

I think this is a megablocks piece. It's a 1 x 1 stud with a small bar.

21l5vme.jpgruaexv.jpg

Edited by Simple1DEA

Okay, I just had an order arrive from a Bricklink seller in germany (I'm in the UK) and there were a few errors. Some pieces were not included at all, some were included but in the wrong colour, and some were the wrong brick altogether.

Is it reasonable to expect the seller to send me the missing pieces and replacements for the incorrect ones free of charge? Can I get a refund? Or is the only thing I can do leave lousy feedback?

Edited by Bobsy