Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #30: Ambassadors to Dastan

"Yes! EXACTLY level 15! ...As if this was some sort of game. :blush: I call dibs on the mail, I don't care how much gold I get."

DSCN0049-1.jpg

"Yes, you did save the Emperors. Thank you..." Ella looks at the echo strangely. "Perhaps it will quiet some of a fear and sadness in your heart to know that you have saved an Empire. I hope it does."

Alexandre, in the corner, stands up after kneeling down. He sheathed his sword, and put on his helmet. This was the most dramatic of all fights he's been in, and there were many fights, Bric'bay fort, the defense of his homeland, the cavalry charge he led, the killing of his brother. But he didn't want to think about that. Alexandre needed to cleanse himself from the bloodshed. And the training of paladins would help him do that.

Tarn helped haul Phil to his feet, and hugged the older man. Phil looked uncomfortable. "We did it!"

He saw Ella arrive, with the heroes who had rescued her, and went to hug her, but thought better of it. "I am pleased to see you safe, my lady."

C: De'kra nodded eagerly and clicked, "Yes. Dastan still need to repair itself, and Rolando being traitor won't help people's trust in emperors, but this day is won. I can take hope in that. No use sulk about XX and Wren escape, only solution for that is action."

"you have grown."
"Yes, personal growth is fine, but lets focus. Like you said Wren is long gone, we need to be ready. We need to know her rules, her patterns. After all, even a chaos worshiper can't be absolutely chaotic."
Edited by Tanma

Skrall sheathed the greatsword and surveyed the carnage around him, "Well now, looks like we made quite a mess didn't we? Now let's see here..." Denarii the Rito had been busily gathering up the spoils of the battle muttering many things about "shineys", Skrall glanced down at her pile. "Hold on little one, let's make sure everyone gets their fair share. Hmmm... Not then, I think we'll divide it up thusly."

Alexandre - Mail of the Renegade Commander, 50 Gold

Arthur - Topaz, 50 Gold

Atramor - Bomb XX, 100 Gold

Cronk - Golden Armor, 50 Gold

De'Kra - 155 Gold

Galen - Venom, Bomb XX, 100 Gold

Isabella - Twin Broadsword, 75 Gold

Nerwen - Crown

Nyx - Explosive Staff, Bomb XX

Sarick - Bomb XX, 100 GOld

Skrall - Zoot's Plaything, 50 Gold

Tarn - Amulet of U'kin Nobility, 125 Gold

Thothwick - Fire Amulet, 50 Gold

William - Bomb XX, 100 Gold

Xander - Sword of Ancestral Hatred, 50 Gold

Skrall safely pocketed the Zoot's Plaything, he had dealings with the strange orbs before and this time he wasn't going to leave anything to chance. This time he would make sure that the one who deserved it would be awarded it.

"Well, it's been a lovely reunion, but there still is a village burning, rebels running about, and all matter of Chaos going on out there, so I think we need to all get goin' to our seperate tasks."

Shoot. One second. :laugh:

Edited by CallMePie

I notice Tarn wasn't trusted with another Bomb XX after his last one :laugh:

Tarn took the gold and the U'Kin amulet from Skrall, and thanked the Ogre. He stood away from the others, and said a silent prayer for U'Stus as he held the amulet tightly.

Atramor stumbled backward as the Beast screamed. Its body was layered with ice, Zoot's Bane had left white gashes in its armor, and venom seeped from each wound. All seemed to go black. When it cleared, he found himself leaning heavily against the wall, the trio of blackened, inhuman bodies still. From the first's fatal chest injury, the glow seemed to have dimmed without the presence of the Chaos of the other creatures...McCafferey's eyes were locked on it. The witch glanced at the finally-defeated Lions' bodies being searched, and decided, well, there was no reason he shouldn't loot this one either. Before he could do anything, though, Denarii had pried the cold, cruel orb, which assumedly had been exuding the glow, and dropped it in a pile at Skrall's feet. The witch narrowed his eyes venomously as the ogre tucked the orb into his bag. But...no, surely he didn't need such an object.

-Take it.-

He frowned deeply at the chicken that'd just landed on his shoulder.

'I-'

-There are no arguments to be made.-

'There's always an argument to be made. 'I don't want it' is a good one. Mate's directed the whole damn battle. He can take what he likes.'

She didn't speak again. Atramor saw it as a good chance to collect his reward.

"Skrall, do ya' think you should wait to see what Rolando's stuff even does, or what everyone has a preference to? Broadswords sound like a knight/barbarian thing, Cronk's already got two artifacts, Nyx's already got a great weapon, etc. Not that I'm not happy to get out of here, it reeks like death..."

QM Note: Roland's drops.

7789631440_6cd1022c07_t.jpgTwin Boradswords (WP:20, the user can attack two enemies in the same turn, but negates the use of a shield. Suitable to Knights and their Advanced Classes only)

7789631584_7cfd38e81d_t.jpgHeavy Armor (Artifact, bodywear, SP: 6, Power -6)

7789631528_915c5c38f6_t.jpgCrown (worth 300 gold in shops).

@WBD: I meant the Greatsword slowed down on the upward lift. :tongue:

Atramor stumbled backward as the Beast screamed. Its body was layered with ice, Zoot's Bane had left white gashes in its armor, and venom seeped from each wound. All seemed to go black. When it cleared, he found himself leaning heavily against the wall, the trio of blackened, inhuman bodies still. From the first's fatal chest injury, the glow seemed to have dimmed without the presence of the Chaos of the other creatures...McCafferey's eyes were locked on it. The witch glanced at the finally-defeated Lions' bodies being searched, and decided, well, there was no reason he shouldn't loot this one either. Before he could do anything, though, Denarii had pried the cold, cruel orb, which assumedly had been exuding the glow, and dropped it in a pile at Skrall's feet. The witch narrowed his eyes venomously as the ogre tucked the orb into his bag. But...no, surely he didn't need such an object.

-Take it.-

He frowned deeply at the chicken that'd just landed on his shoulder.

'I-'

-There are no arguments to be made.-

'There's always an argument to be made. 'I don't want it' is a good one. Mate's directed the whole damn battle. He can take what he likes.'

She didn't speak again. Atramor saw it as a good chance to collect his reward.

"Skrall, do ya' think you should wait to see what Rolando's stuff even does, or what everyone has a preference to? Broadswords sound like a knight/barbarian thing, Cronk's already got two artifacts, Nyx's already got a great weapon, etc. Not that I'm not happy to get out of here, it reeks like death..."

OoC: Seems like the QM's want to keep the quest moving along, otherwise I would have waited to see what everyone wanted. I took into consideration what most people had already won since the beginning of their respective quest and unfortunately that meant that some people ended up with an extra weapon they may not use, or are currently unsuitable for. Everyone is free to exchange items if they wish to do so later on at the hall.

Skrall glanced up, the witch was giving him a strange look, "That blasted orb is already starting to cause confusion," he thought to himself. "No matter, this time I'm goin' to take some time to make sure the right person gets it."

Makes sense. :thumbup:

Atramor blinks, shuffling away from the ogre. How'd he known his exact thoughts? McCafferey made an off-handed noise that sounded the closest to snickering a chicken could get. He merely shook his head a bit, stuffing the Bomb XX into his cloak.

"I s'pose it's time to go see what the damage is."

I almost forgot, I think I should be at level 21.33, unless the level I got from rolling a Special Mirror on Sir Loren is permanent.

Edited by CallMePie

I almost forgot, I think I should be at level 21.33, unless the level I got from rolling a Special Mirror on Sir Loren is permanent.

QM Note:

Keep it. My fault for not putting in a clause stating that the Level increase didn't apply to Special Mirror.

It'd kind of be unfair to have an extra level just because of my chosen class, and I said a while ago I'd assume it was temporary anyway. I was kidding when I asked if it was permanent. :tongue:

It'd kind of be unfair to have an extra level just because of my chosen class, and I said a while ago I'd assume it was temporary anyway. I was kidding when I asked if it was permanent. :tongue:

QM Note:

I'll leave the decision up to your QM.

I assume that De'kra and Arthur swapped Scrolls.

Xander closed his eyes for several seconds, meditating on what had just transpired; there had been much death and chaos, but at the end of the day it appeared the right side had won. Hearing the sound of metal clashing with marble beneath his feet, he was interrupted from his thoughts by the tan ogre walking away from him, leaving behind a menacing blade.

Staring down at his feet, he knelt down to pick it up with both hands. This blade was not right -- it did not suit his morals, his spirit. Turning to Skrall while addressing the group, Xander began to speak. "I cannot take this Sword of Ancestral Hatred. Its past is something I do not wish to associate myself with; I will gladly trade this weapon with someone who is more willing to bear its responsibility."

OOC: A knight/rogue weapon? What am I supposed to do with this trash? :tongue:

OOC: A knight/rogue weapon? What am I supposed to do with this trash? :tongue:

QM Note:

Multiclass to Raider or Berserker.

Atramor glances at Xander, who seems discontent with Loren's wickedly sharp blade. Raising an eyebrow, he walks over.

"I'll give ya' my Bomb XX and 50 gold for it, mate. I'm wearin' a crown I looted off the spirit of a demented undead king, I don't care what kinda past anythin' has."

Edited by CallMePie

QM Note:

Multiclass to Raider or Berserker.

OOC: Not in the cards, sorry. :laugh: Is the WP increase permanent for every foe you beat?

Atramor glances at Xander, who seems discontent with Loren's wickedly sharp blade. Raising an eyebrow, he walks over.

"I'll give ya' my Bomb XX and 50 gold for it, mate."

"I have no interest in bombs, but I appreciate the offer."

OOC: Stop trying to rip me off. :tongue:

OOC: Not in the cards, sorry. :laugh: Is the WP increase permanent for every foe you beat?

QM Note:

Yes.

"Ah, that's a shame. If you've got any use for gems, I can give ya' this Staff of the Elven Warlock and 50 gold, which is enough to take the Emerald outta the weapon. If not, well, maybe we can make a deal back at the hall."

Well, jeez, at least you'd be able to use the Bomb. :tongue:

The heroes of the other quests rush off into the city.

OoC: Give me like an hour, and I'll post something. I don't have all the pictures edited! Please don't post here yet, for story purposes, not too much can happen between the battle and the next event. Sorry loves. :tongue:

Phil rushes to meet the heroes.

DSCN0044.jpg

"I know where you'll want to be," he says. "Follow me." He hefts his great Hammer and dashes off towards Septrine's Wing. The heroes follow, as does Septrine, a determined look in his eyes The heroes pass by Ella who still looks dazed and confused. Phil leads the way out of the blast entrance made by XX and his Bombs. Wren stands, smiling daintily at the heroes. Sphinx is propped up against a wall, his eyes glowing black, not moving.

DSCN0180.jpg

DSCN0048-1.jpg

"Hello heroes. How'd it go in there?" Wren giggles. "I have to say, I really didn't expect you to defeat my Chaos Beasts. Though I guess Cronk has practice, that has to help."

"I'm sure that you're all looking forward to an explanation of everything, but I frankly don't really have time. You've gone and killed all my allies." Wren giggles again. "They were relatively good allies. And I really couldn't have done it without them, I needed the distractions. A leader of a cult and the daughter of an Emperor are hard to get at in a time of peace. I came to Dastan for two people. I think by now we know that I'm trying to summon a God. I needed the only other living person who had succeeded at that. That's Sphinx over there. He got his Chimera to walk on Olegia, much like I'd like Zoot to do. But, Zoot's a bit of a bigger god than the Chimera. He needs a host body. One that is connected with the spiritual world already... which reminds me, I do need to get by you so I can snag Ella. You've one of my favorite play mates, Phil, doll, but I'm afraid you're going to have to die now."

Wren shoots fire out of her hand at the poor man, who stumbles back in shock. At the last moment, however, there is a flash, and the fire recedes. Vipera sits on the hammer.

DastanFinale1.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

<You will not kill Victor. I will not allow it. He is a friend of the Dragons. He has not forgotten our might, and we have not forgotten his.>

DSCN0048-1.jpg

"Fair enough..." Wren starts to back up. She looks tired. "I've gotten half of what I came for... and see an Empire burn while I was doing that. I guess that's a good enough consolation prize."

DSCN0183.jpg

Wren turns to go, but is stopped. Mallelio, rugged, his clock singed, stands tall and proud. Next to him are Hans and Poletad, and a U'Kin in the armor of the Dragon Knights.

DSCN0047.jpg

"You will not be going anywhere," Mallelio says calmly. "You tried to steal away Ella. That will never happen. She is this Empire's future."

DSCN0191-1.jpg

The heroes help to surround Wren. She stands, eyeing them all warily. No one moves.

Suddenly, there is a gun shot.

U'Vires, blood running down his nose, one eye stalk bleeding heavily, walks out, gun held high. He passes by the Emperor without so much as a glance. He walks past Phil and Vipera. He does not make eye-contact with the heroes or Mallelio. He stares only at Wren.

DSCN0192.jpg

DSCN0053-1.jpg

"You are a monster is what you are. I fought for freedom is what I fought for and you fought for your own gain and for destruction. You did not wish to see the people of Dastan live freely, you wished to see the people of Dastan burn, and I will not permit you to leave this place. You serve no god!" U'Vires bellows, and then pulls the trigger of his hand cannon, made for him by the late Lord Blackenord.

Instead of a bullet, a small blaze erupts out of the barrel, and instead of going forward, it crawls back up the gun and quickly consumes the U'Kin. He falls to the floor, a blackened skeleton, in a matter of seconds. Wren turns her head back to the heroes calmly.

DastanFinale3.jpg

DSCN0048-1.jpg

"I do wish to see the world burn. It will be ever so pretty. Good bye. I'll see you all soon. It's been a pleasure."

There is a flash, and Wren and Sphinx are gone.

DastanFinale4.jpg

Hans turns to the heroes abruptly.

DSCN0090.jpg

"No time for her," he says. "We must go find Felton."

There is a moment of panic as the heroes recall their ally was in a jail cell when the attack began. The rush off towards the Prison of Dastan, and find guards slaughtered outside. The doors to each cell are flung open. The heroes rush past the cell that once held Blackenord and arrive to see Felton grinning at them cockily. On the floor is the Bombster that plagued them for so long, soaking in his own blood.

DastanFinale2.jpg

DSCN0092.jpg

"Thanks for the key," Felton says with a wink at Atramor. "XX left this one to deal with me. He said I would be easy. I was not."

The heroes start their trek back to the palace. Around them, the fires are going out.

DSCN0090.jpg

"Wonder what scared all the surviving enemies off," Hans ponders aloud.

DSCN0139.jpg

<Look above you, my friends.> Vipera says to all of them. They glace up, and see, circling above the palace... Dragons. <Your deeds have convinced my people our era is not over. The Dragons still have might, if coupled with Dastan. All of you and I... we have proven that to them.>

7790138820_50ab46caa3_z.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

The Emperor greets the returning heroes with a grin.

DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

"Hello, heroes! We've swept the palace in your absence, and the enemy has been purged. I believe I owe you a gratitude, though. I believe it was 100 gold each for the base pay, and 50 for each protected charge. You protected three of them, which brings your total pay up to 250 gold each!"

"As for saving my daughter... I think a Dragon Scale each will be proper thanks. And the pardon of one prisoner." The Emperor gives Felton a cold hard look. "You are free. My daughter's life pays for the one you took. I will return with a final task for you, if the other Emperors consent."

The Emperor disappears back into the castle, leaving the heroes of Quest 30 to talk with their allies from Dastan. Any final things you'd like to say to these folks?: Felton, Hans, Poletad, Phil, Vipera, Mallelio, Ella? You're almost out of here, one final task to complete after this!

Edited by Zepher

"Thank you Master Skrall, I appreciate the items you gave me."

OOC: But the thing is, swords are suitable to knights and their advanced classes, so I probably can't use them, can I?