XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I see there is a new seat piece on the Mandalorian Fighter..

Looks very useful since it would make it easier to put figures in and out :classic:

I see there is a new seat piece on the Mandalorian Fighter..

Looks very useful since it would make it easier to put figures in and out :classic:

That piece actually originated in Friends, for seating the Friends figures in vehicles since unlike Minifigures, they have no connection points on their butts. But it's interesting to see it used for other, minifigure-based themes. I don't have any sets with it, so I can't judge how well it works. But I'll be waiting patiently for reviews!

Id feel too much like im violating my minifigs if I sat them in that part *huh*

Epic comment :laugh: I would have preferred that TLG had used a normal seat though.

I love how the b wing looks so big and sleek :thumbup: but the cockpit looks totally off. The guy said in the video he had to try and find round pieces to build it but he could have just made a new piece it's simple! And the price is way too high! :thumbdown:

That piece actually originated in Friends, for seating the Friends figures in vehicles since unlike Minifigures, they have no connection points on their butts. But it's interesting to see it used for other, minifigure-based themes. I don't have any sets with it, so I can't judge how well it works. But I'll be waiting patiently for reviews!

What piece is that? Do you mean this:

93095.jpg?1

I love how the b wing looks so big and sleek :thumbup: but the cockpit looks totally off. The guy said in the video he had to try and find round pieces to build it but he could have just made a new piece it's simple! And the price is way too high! :thumbdown:

Not really, mould's for new peices cost around $300.000 (at least that's what the doco said) so it's not really an option just for one set. But I do totally agree with you on the price, $350 down here in oz is absolute rubbish so TLG can get stuffed they are not getting my money (at least not directly) :tongue:

Not really, mould's for new peices cost around $300.000 (at least that's what the doco said) so it's not really an option just for one set. But I do totally agree with you on the price, $350 down here in oz is absolute rubbish so TLG can get stuffed they are not getting my money (at least not directly) :tongue:

Well, more likely about $20k - $30k. There is indeed one mold at LEGO that costs $300k (it is the one used for the dice), but that's because it fabricated in a rather complicated way (not by choice, of course)

9494's Obi Wan is just awesome! His face print with that great head of hair. :laugh: Just sayin'

Just seen that. Haven't collected Lego Star Wars since just before TCW came out. Did they change the minifigs from the coloured eyes to normal after 2008 or something? His hair isn't as orange as the original either.

Edit: Oh, for some reason I thought that was a TCW set! So they changed the regular Obi-Wan's headpiece?

Edited by morcianknight

There's a review of 10227 if you look for it.

It took some searching, but i found the review! Lucky you to have gotten the B-Wing so early!!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures and your thoughts about this set, they have pretty much confirmed my own opinions. It is really beautiful and a must have for me, but like you the windscreen is still bugging me a bit. Also, i found the report about the rear end of the cockpit falling off that easily rather disturbing, can't the construction be strenghtened somehow?

yeah it can be altered to make it secure. but you shouldn't have to.

I agree with you there. If there is an easy way to secure that section, then why wasn't that included in the build in the first place?

I get the feeling you're a bit disappointed with the set. Did you expect more from it? And now that you have held the model in your hand, how do you rate it compared to your MOC version?

I agree with you there. If there is an easy way to secure that section, then why wasn't that included in the build in the first place?

I get the feeling you're a bit disappointed with the set. Did you expect more from it? And now that you have held the model in your hand, how do you rate it compared to your MOC version?

holding it in my hand it feels solid it can take a shaking with no parts falling off it's a touch lighter than my moc but the same size and far more accurate due to the new parts. If I was going to buy it though now having had it to look at for a few days I would be waiting for a sale or discount as IMHO it is just not worth the price tag and i have no idea how they got to that price point.

holding it in my hand it feels solid it can take a shaking with no parts falling off it's a touch lighter than my moc but the same size and far more accurate due to the new parts. If I was going to buy it though now having had it to look at for a few days I would be waiting for a sale or discount as IMHO it is just not worth the price tag and i have no idea how they got to that price point.

Thanks for the advice! I hope you write a review here too :classic:

The review is exclusive to Brickset, I've somewhat fallen out with Eurobricks the last few months.

Has any one found some leaked pictures of next years sets yet? :blush: Nice looking B-wing.

Not even rumors, but I think we shall have them soon..