They wrote: "Capacidad : 3000mAh", so yes.

Ps: you can find on amazon with a lower price :thumbup:

That means only one thing:

1 battery can provide electric current of 1A for 3 hours or 3A for 1 hour.

Your link says lithium-iron disulfide. Li-FeS2. That battery is not rechargeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery#Chemistries

There's no such thing as rechargeable lithium battery.

Unless it's lithium-ion or lithium-polymer.

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/ultimate-lithium/Pages/aa.aspx

Edited by Aahnold

That means only one thing:

1 battery can provide electric current of 1A for 3 hours or 3A for 1 hour.

Your link says lithium-iron disulfide. Li-FeS2. That battery is not rechargeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_battery#Chemistries

There's no such thing as rechargeable lithium battery.

Unless it's lithium-ion or lithium-polymer.

http://www.energizer.com/batteries/ultimate-lithium/Pages/aa.aspx

Really? I didn't know there are many kinds of lithium batteries. Thanks for good explanation and sorry for my ignorance :blush:

I have to correct myself.

There are 8 types of rechargeable lithium batteries, including lithium-ion and lithium polymer.

It's just only those two types that are widely available to consumers.

Anyway, this thread went slightly offtopic.

I am new here, so I don't want any trouble.

It's unfortunate that eurobricks forums don't have offtopic tags.

Today I replace white parts for black ones, and add some orange. What do you think? Too much orange?

p8105263.jpg

Next I put on PP tires, and this is comparison with stock tires.

p8105266.jpg

And some photos with PP tires.

p8105271.jpg

p8105286.jpg

I drove around a little bit, and didn't notice any problems. I leave the differentials on, and also the gear ratio is the same.

Next assignment is, to change all the red parts in the chassis, with grey ones.

Working on building mine right now, I really wish the instructions would use "build this twice", "build thix x4", etc more often.

Today I replace white parts for black ones, and add some orange. What do you think? Too much orange?

IMHO that looks really nice! The first thing that popped in my mind when I saw it was "midnight pumpkin". :wink:

[edit] Hmm, it turns out that there IS already a monster truck called "Midnight Pumpkin"... but I fail to see where's the "pumpkin" on that one.

Edited by AVCampos

Don't chase for those numbers.

Do a research first.

What I've learned so far: rarely do rechargeables live up to these numbers. And even if they do, high number of mAh doesn't mean high Watts per hour or energy they can accumulate. There are many characteristics for batteries apart from mAh. Like internal electrical resistance, self-discharge rate, ability to hold high voltage over certain periods of usage...

Sanyo Eneloop are the best choice it seems. Top Japanese quality. Unfortunately we don't have those in Russia.

What boggers me is why there no 1,5V rechargeables.

As for LEGO battery box, don't know. Maybe it has something to do with low weight. But it's not like it's space or nano tech. And the DC transformer for $25? Nah, the reason is simple. To milk customers.

Well these are GP's recyko+ so its high quality. from my understanding the bigger the mAh is the more "battery life"

per one charge you have,but I dont have much of knowledge besides from that... anyway,they work great for me :)

Look what I've done guys! Seriously modified chassis of 9398 :sweet:

Have fun!

2012_%2525208_13_%2525200_29.jpg

2012_%2525208_13_%2525200_30.jpg

F@@k the crawling. F@@k the battery economy! :grin:

Edited by rm8

Best RM8 It's looks very ugly :sick: But it,s fast i think. :sweet: but no crawler anymore :tongue:

B model completed.

20120811095010.th.jpg

Almost the same i build 1.5 week agoo, but you build not the same one as Junkstylegio render, But i olso like your red and white B model

129_2959_1.jpg

7622959160_83e7dffe0e_c.jpg

129_2965_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Yes ugly! It is just the idea, i think it looks good. Just need to complete the sides of body...

Best RM8 It's looks very ugly :sick: But it,s fast i think. :sweet: but no crawler anymore :tongue:

Almost the same i build 1.5 week agoo, but you build not the same one as Junkstylegio render, But i olso like your red and white B model

But mine has black chassis :laugh:

Povratnik - real nice job, very nice indeed with color scheme change, I didn't buy one just because I thought there was too much white and orange, a definite clash IMO, and way undersized tires and rims, I like yours much better, I would definitely have bought one if it came as you re-did it, I just don't have enough orange parts to modify mine like that, plenty of black, but since some parts that are like the fairings for the truck bed I don't have it would be impossible for me to do as you did.

I also like the off-road light track with 4 lights instead of 2, most off-roaders have at least 4 or 5 on the rack.

IMO, the b model just looks way oversized and really ugly...probably the worst looking b model they came out with in a long time, wouldn't even be a reason to download those instructions...

Have fun!

Rather like this version too, more like a dune buggy...cool looking

Well these are GP's recyko+ so its high quality. from my understanding the bigger the mAh is the more "battery life"

per one charge you have,but I dont have much of knowledge besides from that... anyway,they work great for me :)

I've noticed especially with the 8043, straight alkalines work much better than the rechargeables, they seem to have more punch...sure they are wasters if you play with the model frequently, but I play with my RC stuff just some, so alkalines last a pretty long time, I have found the Energizer brand alkalines have the most life...

Here my Crawler without red parts. With 14 LED`s and Chrome Wheels:

[

That's a LOT of lights Denny, very nice indeed though...my only complaint other than the odd color scheme, is that it just sits way too high off the ground, if it was similar in height, maybe just bit higher, to the 8297 Off-Roader or the 8466 4X4 it would be a definite buy, they worked great alone (well maybe except for the winch on the 8297), too bad neither of those models are RC. For example too, take the 9393 B model buggy, enlarge it to this scale and I'd buy it no questions asked, just dump the white pieces, and either all orange and black, or lime (my all-time favorite color) and black and it would be no question...I recall last week standing in a local TRU and looking at it (the 9398) and considering, considering, but in the end I didn't buy it.

Have fun!

2012_%2525208_13_%2525200_29.jpg

2012_%2525208_13_%2525200_30.jpg

Well, it has far better motors (2 buggy motors gives you more power than 4 L-motors or even 3 XL motors!) but oh the simplicity. Add some cool drive trains with some gearing down and you'll have an unstoppable beast!

Edited by allanp

Next assignment is, to change all the red parts in the chassis, with grey ones.

I'm loving it!! default_thumbup.gif

Exactly what I had in mind. Indeed, with replacing the red parts with grey ones! I am thinking of dark bluish grey combined with light bluish grey.

Love to see the result!!

I would also like to see it without the two orange liftarms on the hood.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Finally picked up my 9398 crawler Just came into stock today. I'll get building hopefully tomorrow :)

Have a nice time to build it David

@ Aahnold: Get a butterknife from your kitchen and follow this

's procedure: :tongue:

ahnold_wallpaper.jpg

Got my crawler finally built. I'm fairly impressed tho I taught I would be more impressed, for some reason I think I prefer the b model tho :) works very well on lithium AA batteries too :)