Emperor Krulos

Kre-O to release Star Trek Sets

I like the minifigures,and this could get fun if they start creating the aliens!Hopefully there will be a classic line which will have figures of the Klingons,Mugato,Salt Vampire,and many,many more!(Next Generation would also have a TON of sets! :cry_happy: )

(Next Generation would also have a TON of sets! :cry_happy: )

That would surprise me, since the 2009 film erased that timeline. :sceptic:

That would surprise me, since the 2009 film erased that timeline. :sceptic:

It didn't, it exists in parallel.

They only have the rights for the 2009 film, not any of the classic ones though.

It didn't, it exists in parallel.

They only have the rights for the 2009 film

There you go. They can only sell sets based on that specific 2009 universe.

Well, if Star Trek Kre-O sell like Battleship Kre-O.....they'll be on clearance in Kmarts with 4 months of hitting the shelves. (Battleship sets are about half price now and on clearance at Kmarts in Oz).

I'm afraid even Captain James T. Kirk will not be able to save Kre-O.....that's just an AFOL's opinion. :laugh:

Well, if Star Trek Kre-O sell like Battleship Kre-O.....they'll be on clearance in Kmarts with 4 months of hitting the shelves. (Battleship sets are about half price now and on clearance at Kmarts in Oz).

I'm afraid even Captain James T. Kirk will not be able to save Kre-O.....that's just an AFOL's opinion. :laugh:

This is most likely. A small local toy shop has Transformers Kre-o on its shelf and I had a long chat with the owner. I was the one who announced him the Kre-o Star Trek license. He told me he would NOT stock Kre-o Star Trek sets since the Transformers sets didn't sell.

(His shop is mostly action figures, but he carries a few Lego sets as well, mostly SW)

I'm disgusted. For years I've dreamed of an UCS Enterprise sold by TLG. Now, this rubbish is going on shelves - and I guess a lot of ignare Star Trek fans will buy it :( .

So of course normally I hate all Lego-rips. The quality sucks. They're just different (EW DIFFERENT THINGS!).

But.. Star Trek. Man Lego why didn't you take Star Trek? Kre-O did. Oh no... OH NOES!!! I'm really tempted to buy the Star Trek Kre-O sets.

Talk me out of it! My self control is failing.

There is already a Kre-O Star Trek topic in Community, where clone brand discussions generally belong. I will merge this shortly. :classic:

I bought the three sets that are available where I am, there actually not that bad, I got the Transporter, Bird-Of-Prey and Enterprise. Big problem with the Enterprise though, some of the plastic won't go together properly so I had to MOD it with some Lego

Well apparently K-REO owns the license for ALL Star Trek including the TV series. They released some TV series based blind bags in other regions apparently (they're hard to find).

This brings down my dream of a Star Trek Cuusoo happening or something. I'd like to see a TNG bridge set or something.

I know right, I spent months searching for the blind bags and other sets in my country and yet nothing. It was 4 months before I stopped searching, I even went to London to search for them.

Hopefully there will be a classic line which will have figures of the Klingons,Mugato,Salt Vampire

You're in luck, wave 2 carries the Mugato and the Salt Vampire

I can't escape the feeling that Kree-O is dying. Maybe Hasbro is gearing up to replace it with something? I don't think Target or Walmart actively stock it anymore, and TRU seems to be clearencing out anything they have. Something tells me Hasbro is falling back to basics. The upcoming Star Wars and Marvel movies, plus their snaking the Disney Princess and Frozen license out from under Mattel give them a strong position to grow their core area of expertise. Whereas Kree-O always felt as awkwards as Lego's attempts at traditional dolls and action figures.

I 80% disagree with that guy.

As much as I'd love Abramsverse sets, I'd prefer the classics to be made

I'd love it if Mega Bloks' rights to Star Trek were completely limited to the new movies, so that rights to everything else were available to LEGO.

I'd love it if Mega Bloks' rights to Star Trek were completely limited to the new movies, so that rights to everything else were available to LEGO.

Even if they were, LEGO still would not make sets. There'd still be new Star Trek building toys on the market, which would stray LEGO away from making sets.

Even if they were, LEGO still would not make sets. There'd still be new Star Trek building toys on the market, which would stray LEGO away from making sets.

Really wish that wasn't the case. I loved the sets Kre-O put out but I know that Lego can do a whole lot better

Really wish that wasn't the case. I loved the sets Kre-O put out but I know that Lego can do a whole lot better

I bought the Enterprise shown in the first post - Woot.com had a sale on it one day, it was like half off. It's not that bad, but it's really not very good, either... and the Kre-O figures are terrible.

Probably (and I know their approach to the market has changed a lot in the last decade), but FWIW, at the time they had the rights to construction toys based on the Spider-Man movies of the early 2000s, Mega Bloks simultaneously had the rights to the Spider-Man comics. The two offered their own Spider-Man building sets at the same time, just based on different iterations of the character / franchise.

While LEGO is a fairly cautious, conservative (not politically, but in approach to risk) company these days, it's also the undisputed market leader in its product segment, and the very brand has so much more cachet than Mega Brands and the rest it's not even funny. I think if they actually did do a theme based on a part of a licensed theme that one of their competitors was also tackling a different aspect of, I think a large number of consumers would go for the LEGO version over the other one simply because it's LEGO, and more desirable (certainly to everyone here, anyway, but also to quite a few "outsiders"). I can't help but think TLG has some awareness of its brand's standing, but you never really know...