legomilk

Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

The IJ Temple was a baseplate? I don't know how new it was though :sceptic:

The same baseplate was also used in LBG for the 2005 police station and the 2006 hospital, so I guess it's indeed time we'd see a new kind of baseplate for the Polar Xpress theme.

Guys, you really should know already that it brobably will be anlother "Group of adveturers vs Snow monsters with some stuff to colect" Theme for sure.

Guys, you really should know already that it brobably will be anlother "Group of adveturers vs Snow monsters with some stuff to colect" Theme for sure.

Such wisdom!

Yeah, it's true, though. I'm expecting this to be some sort of near future theme in which "heroic" humans attempt to get... ice crystals or some other such collectible artifacts as a group of adversaries, such as... mutant snowmen of doom attempt to stop them.

Ok so something like that. Power Miners on ice, basically.

OR it could be something slightly different. Why would it be called "Xxpress"?.... sounds like it could be kind of like a World Racers style competition, perhaps - two teams of explorers in cool vehicles compete to reach the pole or...something. Maybe that way there'd be elements of competition, but not exactly conflict, per se. Maybe call it "friendly conflict".

Either way, I'm pretty sure this'll be some sort of action theme rather than a simple "exploration" theme. Here's hoping for some cool colourschemes, though.

I'd love to see something in dark blue with lime and white highlights, or maybe dark green with white and blue. NO idea why, I expect the vehicles will be high visibility thoug. I'm hoping for trans-red or trans orange canopy pieces too. New monsters would be great, though whether they be minifgs like we had in Atlantis or new moulds like we got for Power Miners.

I'm looking forward to this theme, anyway.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Why would it be called "Xxpress"?

The name is probably preliminary and will most likely change in the near future. Assumptions made based on the name of the theme probably won't mean that much about what the theme will feature. :sceptic:

The name is probably preliminary and will most likely change in the near future. Assumptions made based on the name of the theme probably won't mean that much about what the theme will feature. :sceptic:

Reminds me of Atlantis. That was initially reported to be called 'Atlantic'. Funny thing is, we got a preliminary of that in Spring of 2009, months before the sets were released!

Haha, my 1337 post!

Edited by just2good

Reminds me of Atlantis. That was initially reported to be called 'Atlantic'. Funny thing is, we got a preliminary of that in Spring of 2009, months before the sets were released!

Haha, my 1337 post!

Yeah, though the name of the theme is preliminary I can't see it changing too drastically.

As you said, Atlantis was know as "Atlantic" (though I seem to remember it having a k instead of a c? - whatever, not that big a deal) and I also think Monster Fighters was known as something else too.

These slight variations, whilst obviosuly different, end up being very similar so I think we could still get a good idea of what the name will be called - not that it makes sense, of course! I'm expecting "Polar Express" or "Polar Xpress" - the Extra X just seems obscure, Even to something that'd appeal to kids. The "preliminary" name might also be some sort of mistranslation, as there's no guarantee the leaked catalogue or wherever the source of this information comes from was originally presented in English.

One idea I did have for this theme would be if each set had a vehicle....and that each vehicle was designed to attach to another...that way, each set would combine into a larger, train like vehicle....the Polar Express. Of course...that's a little bit copyright violate-y so I can imagine "Xpress" would be the name. But still. Ridiculous concept, I know but it could work...

Edited by Rocketbilly

From the theme area of LEGOLand Billund, well it looked a lot more town than action... As in, mundane activity like research and such. An action theme version would certainly follow the template of all other action themes though.

Time will tell.

From the theme area of LEGOLand Billund, well it looked a lot more town than action... As in, mundane activity like research and such. An action theme version would certainly follow the template of all other action themes though.

Time will tell.

So have you seen the sets?

I would really welcome it if it was more some sort of City subtheme than one of these classic action themes.

If it was more town-like, I could well imagine:

-big polar station

-small outpost

-big transport helicopter oder cargo plane

-different sorts of snowmobiles

An ice-breaker would be really cool - but I highly doubt that we'll get one since this would already be (even if it was designed small and only with the most important details) a too big set.

Do you think that we even might get a husky ("new" dog mold in grey-white-black colors)?

Klaus-Dieter

I think a scientific theme would be better (although an action theme is more likely, IMHO), since there would probably be some real-looking Arctic animals (as opposed to monsters!). Plus, I would like some scientists.

Do you think that we even might get a husky ("new" dog mold in grey-white-black colors)?

If they do a dogsled team set, this theme will be a winner. A pleasing and profitable winner.

If they make husky's and/or malamutes I'm going to have to buy every set that has them.

If they do a dogsled team set, this theme will be a winner. A pleasing and profitable winner.

YES!! Please, a dog sled! :thumbup: (With an arctic bear chasing it around, maybe?)

I've just got an idea which would explain the Xxpress bit of the name: this theme is an artic version of the City Postal service-subtheme!

I've just got an idea which would explain the Xxpress bit of the name: this theme is an artic version of the City Postal service-subtheme!

*huh* What the? :wacko:

Basically a polar delivery service. Sure it doesn't make much sense, but most of lego's themes don't anyway. Which is what makes them awesome.

Basically a polar delivery service

There are precious few mailboxes at both the north and at the southpole

Sure it doesn't make much sense

I tend to agree

but most of lego's themes don't anyway

But they do, except Ninjago of course

Which is what makes them awesome.

Awesome would be to look at some of current scientific expeditions as they provide plenty of examples of really cool vehicles/habitats, many of them look quite futuristic and could easily be turned into great playsets. You do the googling :classic:

Basically a polar delivery service. Sure it doesn't make much sense, but most of lego's themes don't anyway. Which is what makes them awesome.

I thought Santa Claus had that covered already. :laugh:

...or maybe this IS about Santa, with "Santa vs. the aliens" or something like that? :look:

Futuristic dogsled. Now that would be awesome. Thanks for the inspiration 1974!

Edited by DraikNova

I thought Santa Claus had that covered already. :laugh:

...or maybe this IS about Santa, with "Santa vs. the aliens" or something like that? :look:

Now that really would be wierd! :tongue:

I think it's either action (explorers fighting monsters) or (preferably) scientific. Although either way, it sounds great!

Edited by Kai NRG