Gabe

Causeway garrison

So sadly, i just couldn't make the challenge 4 deadline... life just completely swamped me in July. Not that this is by any means a bad thing (rl, that is), but i am a bit regretful that i couldn't post an entry in time. :sad: Still, i'll continue to work on my elemental scene and hopefully post it as a free build soon! In the meantime, i'm posting a small microscale free build to help my guild in the standings. :classic:

This is the causeway garrison at the mainland side of the landbridge to Peregrinus. The gatehouse has a broad arch to allow the entry of large caravans, and is protected on both it's flanks by sharp outcrops of the tailing Rakath ranges.

microgate1eb_240712.jpg

microgate2eb_240712.jpg

On the seaward side of the gatehouse, larger than life statues of Peregrinan ancestors watch over those who depart by land. The causeway surface has been graded and paved, and a stone railing erected to prevent any unfortunate accidents! :wink:

microgate4eb_240712.jpg

It certainly is a long way to fall should you happen to go over the edge, and the stong waves and currents would ensure that any survivors would be mercilessly battered against the sharp rocks along the coastline.

microgate5eb_240712.jpg

The earth below the garrison has deposits of both quartz and silver hiding in it's seams. Not only that, but somthing is stirring within a underground cavern...

microgate6eb_240712.jpg

Thanks for looking peeps! C and c welcome as always, and best of luck to all that have entries in the challenge! :classic:

Edited by gabe

That's stunning :wub:

Love the use of the different shades for texture :thumbup:

Especially like the cave and use of micro figures.

Great job!

Awesome micro build, I love the gate and the way you made the water!

Nice microbuild! I like the horizontal cheese slopes especially but the entire build is well done.

I was very sad to see that you would not be entering this challenge as I always look forward to seeing your builds.

I'm with ZC! This is in full scale would be awesome, as a micro it is very impressive!

That's stunning :wub:

Love the use of the different shades for texture :thumbup:

Especially like the cave and use of micro figures.

Great job!

Thanks, i'm glad you like it! :classic:

Awesome micro build, I love the gate and the way you made the water!

Cheers Torgar, thanks for your kind words. :classic:

Nice microbuild! I like the horizontal cheese slopes especially but the entire build is well done.

I was very sad to see that you would not be entering this challenge as I always look forward to seeing your builds.

Thanks rogueang. Yeah, i was bummed too, i was really hoping to participate in all of the challenges. :cry_sad: But i've been lucky with my timing up to now, (especially with the extension of challenge 3) so i shouldn't winge too much! Anyway, i'll be posting an elemental build soon, it just won't be part of the challenge. :wink:

Excellent micro! I would love to see that full scale!!

I'm with ZC! This is in full scale would be awesome, as a micro it is very impressive!

Thanks fellas! You may yet see something like that... :wink:

Beautiful Micro, do you plan to expand it?

Thanks Legonardo! I know what you mean, it does look a bit like a peice in a larger puzzle, but no, i have no plans to extend it at this time. The idea is something i have been thinking about though - ever since i saw Siercon and Coral's excellent modular microscale landscape a while back. :thumbup:

The cave underneath the structure is really the cherry on top of this lovely build.

Thanks TenorPenny! I'm quite fond of the cave too, although i kind of regret not making some tiny beastie or elemental to go in there...

Excellent micro! The mix of bley works well and the tiny flags are a great detail :thumbup:

Cheers soccerkid, glad you like it! :classic:

A gatehouse that fits perfectly in the influence of your great city!!!

I love how you did the towers and shootingholes!

Most impressive! I find this scale to be extremely challenging myself. You seem to have mastered it.

I saw this on flickr and really liked it then. There is great detail and I look forward to seeing the free build!

Gabe, this micro is really really nice! The water, the rock and the castle itself is just woow! Great work!

Saw this on flickr but it certainly is a beauty.

Excellent micro! I would love to see that full scale!!

Same here!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Lovely, especailly the use of the micro figures :thumbup: And the bridge is also excellent!

A gatehouse that fits perfectly in the influence of your great city!!!

I love how you did the towers and shootingholes!

Ah, it may fit in perfectly for now, but for how long? :wink: (Thanks DaMaximus!)

Most impressive! I find this scale to be extremely challenging myself. You seem to have mastered it.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with this one too, although i reckon it's a bit soon to be talking about mastery... :blush:

I saw this on flickr and really liked it then. There is great detail and I look forward to seeing the free build!

Thanks Cara! Still grinding away on the free build. I took the opportunity to demolish a section and rebuild it more to my liking, so i'm sadly not too much forwarder yet... :look:

Gabe, this micro is really really nice! The water, the rock and the castle itself is just woow! Great work!

Saw this on flickr but it certainly is a beauty.

Lovely, especailly the use of the micro figures :thumbup: And the bridge is also excellent!

Beautiful micro Gabe!

Thanks fellows for your kind words! I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Its a shame time ran out for challenge four- I can't wait to still see what you come up with for a free build!

I love the clean lines and colors on this. There are just enough little details that your eye is kept busy no matter what side you look at.

I hope we get a chance to see what is stirring in the caverns below! :sweet:

Now I am really looking forward to the free build, this is beautiful. My favourite part is the portcullis, very nicely played, but all the details look good at this scale.

The quartz striations in the rock look good, but to my eyes they clash with the vertical grill bricks, I think it would be more geologically coherent to have the horizontal grill bricks clustered together near the quartz. Quartz is common in both igneous and metamorphic formations. I found striations very difficult to get right for the piscithopter build, not that they were really visible :wink:

If only time was not so cruel to us all! This looks like another masterpiece in the works, and we may need a few masterpieces to match the recent free build spree from Avalonia and Mitgardia!

:classic: