Built today :D

My first model in 6 months now due to rc sucking £2,000 out of me .

Great but i prefer the mog and within 5 mins of building i slipped a diff gear :/

Anyone else slipping ?

Built today :D

My first model in 6 months now due to rc sucking £2,000 out of me .

Great but i prefer the mog and within 5 mins of building i slipped a diff gear :/

Anyone else slipping ?

U prefer the mog ? The mog is not rc lol

within 5 mins of building i slipped a diff gear :/

Anyone else slipping ?

Not sure I understand what you mean...

Not sure I understand what you mean...

Well i built the model , 5 mins after running i started to hear a 'click' It was the front diff ring gear .

Anyone else slipping diff gears yet ?

U prefer the mog ? The mog is not rc lol

LEGO Technic is more than just RC vehicles. It's also about the experience of building, the discovery of how things work, and to lean techniques to allow you to build things exactly the way you want (within the physical limits of the plastic, non-lubricated parts). RC is a part of the experience, but not all of it. So, if all you want an RC vehicle that is fast, powerful and can climb obstacles well, get a non-LEGO RC vehicle.

LEGO Technic is more than just RC vehicles. It's also about the experience of building, the discovery of how things work, and to lean techniques to allow you to build things exactly the way you want (within the physical limits of the plastic, non-lubricated parts). RC is a part of the experience, but not all of it. So, if all you want an RC vehicle that is fast, powerful and can climb obstacles well, get a non-LEGO RC vehicle.

I agree the unimog is a great set and very complex but it's also a big step for Lego to build a crawler and it's first wheeled rc vehicle too :)

It's going to be exciting to see people put the crawler to the test and I also like trial trucks.

Yes u can buy proper rc outdoor off roasters but it's not near as fun as building ur own so the crawler has the best of both worlds.

AVCampos,

Your words are just perfect found and right. :wink:

AVCampos,

Your words are just perfect found and right. :wink:

+1

I own a fair few rc's now and i find the fun is in the maintenance :D

I agree with AVCampos and the challenge will be to build the better RC vehicle I can do but only with Lego pieces of course, this will be the real technic experience. Build a good trial truck is more difficult that people think.

Build a good trial truck is more difficult that people think.

I agree. I'm building a 8x8 tatra just now :) I'll post some photos soon :blush:

Proper RCs like the nitros and the high end electrics are awesome, some reaching over 100mph! Lego can bearly reach 10 mph (the crawler does what? 1mph?!) which puts it's RCs sqarely in the realm of toys for under 5 year olds! RC can add to the technic experience, but only a tiny bit. Technic CANNOT do RC well like HPI can. It NEVER will. If RC is what you want, don't buy technic. The unimog shows what technic does best, better than anything else. The crawler (whilst giving us a servo, which i'm very greatful for) shows what technic does worse than anyone else (RC) without having anything else up it's sleeve (like mechanicle authenticity, realism and complexity).

@ allanp: The Lego 9398 4x4 Crawler is not meant to replicate an HPI RC vehicle. Heck, the official instructions say not to drive the Lego model outside. However, the HPI vehicle cannot be easily "modded" like Lego Technic can into other vehicles. Besides, it's fun to crawl over things and experiment with it! The HPI vehicles are more intimidating to the target audience of 11-16 year olds (and AFOLs who have never grown up!) :wink:

7477345414_bfab9fe36b_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

First time I hear this happens...

I thought so :/

Proper RCs like the nitros and the high end electrics are awesome, some reaching over 100mph! Lego can bearly reach 10 mph (the crawler does what? 1mph?!) which puts it's RCs sqarely in the realm of toys for under 5 year olds! RC can add to the technic experience, but only a tiny bit. Technic CANNOT do RC well like HPI can. It NEVER will. If RC is what you want, don't buy technic. The unimog shows what technic does best, better than anything else. The crawler (whilst giving us a servo, which i'm very greatful for) shows what technic does worse than anyone else (RC) without having anything else up it's sleeve (like mechanicle authenticity, realism and complexity).

Only the traxxas x01 can reach 100mph at the moment . I have a heavily upgraded slash 4x4 and its gunned at 75mph :D Hpi are bad by the way :/ After owning 2 i would never buy one again . I would much rather have a non rc now with lego even after wanting a TLG crawler for years .

I thought so :/

Only the traxxas x01 can reach 100mph at the moment . I have a heavily upgraded slash 4x4 and its gunned at 75mph :D Hpi are bad by the way :/ After owning 2 i would never buy one again . I would much rather have a non rc now with lego even after wanting a TLG crawler for years .

Ah, you're right, and that's only if you have a smart phone to unlock 100mph I think :hmpf_bad: .

I think RC can add a little to the play value, but a set shouldn't need RC to be any good, a set should still be great even if you took away the RC IMHO.

Ah, you're right, and that's only if you have a smart phone to unlock 100mph I think :hmpf_bad: .

I think RC can add a little to the play value, but a set shouldn't need RC to be any good, a set should still be great even if you took away the RC IMHO.

Ur one of very few that don't seem to like the crawler. Even tho I havnt got it yet it looks great and drives very well for a Lego set, also look how robust it is. It's a huge leap forward for Lego and as dluder says it can be modded easy and the hole fun is about the build too.

I'm like u Allan I like machinery and pneumatic sets but it's nice to see something differant like the crawler for a change.

Ps. I'm still waiting on the crawler to be stocked in Smyths Ireland it was ment to be in last Monday but still no sign its frustrating :(

Edited by davidmull

Figured I would share this here instead of starting a new topic:

This is my start to building the 9398. I planned to replace all the red with grey, and white with black. Now playing the waiting game to buy the kit for the rest of the parts. Too bad I have to wait til my birthday in September.

1_grey_frame.jpg

2_grey_frame.jpg

3_axles.jpg

BTW, those 11.5 Orange Double Bent Liftarms came 1 at a time from Bricklink.

Glenn

BTW, those 11.5 Orange Double Bent Liftarms came 1 at a time from Bricklink.

That is one of the worst things about Bricklink :hmpf_bad: . The black looks awesome though!

tim

I olso did not liked the red chasis and i haved build today a black-orange-gray chassis.

I make a couple off changes with a lockt diff's and changes the gears in the wheelhubs.

Olso the body i maked it all black and orange.

I orderd olso today 4 orange short liftarms with bend at bricklink.

In corners it's drive good and the climing is a lot better with lockt diffs

I hope you liked it.

Greets Edwin

129_2943_1.jpg

129_2947_1.jpg

129_2948_1.jpg

129_2950_1.jpg

129_2954_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Awesome, but those horns dont look good at all.

You have right, lucky for me that's the easy's part to take off :laugh:

129_2956_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Man, I was planning to do that but I took apart the axles and servo before I could even start recoloringdefault_laugh_new.gif Nice workdefault_thumbup.gif

I like the pumpkin color scheme!

header.jpg

That's even looks better Dluders, and a good car for mine wife, only to clime in the car is a nice workout and see don,t have to stop for others cars see drives over it :laugh:

Edited by VFracingteam