robuko

Dumbledore's Office

For my Hogwarts Community Build entry, and my 500th post :laugh: , I present some memorable scenes in Dumbledore's office over the years. I hope I can pick up a few rubies for Gryffindor House!

7672121012_1398d1218e_z.jpg

Harry's first visit to Professor Dumbledore's Office takes place in Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

"Of all the teachers' offices Harry had visited so far this year, Dumbledore's was by far the most interesting. If he hadn't been scared out of his wits that he was about to be thrown out of school, he would have been very pleased to have a chance to look around it.

It was a large and beautiful circular room, full of funny little noises. A number of curious silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables, whirring and emitting little puffs of smoke. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames. There was also an enormous, claw-footed desk, and, sitting on a shelf behind it, a shabby tattered wizard's hat- the sorting hat."

7676578298_b43cf6aea7_m.jpg7676578558_6f776c06be_m.jpg7676577648_74335127e1_m.jpg

7676579084_93e39d4b4c.jpg

"Harry was just thinking that all he needed was for Dumbledore's pet bird to die while he was alone in the office with it, when the bird burst into flames."

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, we see more of Dumbledore's Office when Harry enters the Pensieve to witness Karkaroff's trial.

7676578062_8eb7f9c06f_n.jpg

He felt much calmer, somehow, now that he was in Dumbledore's office, knowing he would shortly be telling him about the dream. Harry looked up at the walls behind the desk. The patched and ragged Sorting Hat was standing on a shelf. A glass case next to it held a magnificent silver sword with large rubies set into the hilt, which Harry recognized as the one he himself had pulled out of the Sorting Hat in his second year. The sword had once belonged to Godric Gryffindor, founder of Harry's House.

7676736830_62020b63ca_z.jpg

He was gazing at it, remembering how it had come to his aid when he had thought all hope was lost, when he noticed a patch of silvery light, dancing and shimmering on the glass case. He looked around for the source of the light and saw a sliver of silver-white shining brightly from within a black cabinet behind him, whose door had not been closed properly. Harry hesitated, glanced at Fawkes, then got up, walked across the office, and pulled open the cabinet door.

A shallow stone basin lay there, with odd carvings around the edge; runes and symbols that Harry did not recognize. The silvery light was coming from the basin’s contents, which were like nothing Harry had ever seen before. He could not tell whether the substance was liquid or gas. It was a bright, whitish silver, and it was moving ceaselessly; the surface of it became ruffled like water beneath wind, and then, like clouds, separated and swirled smoothly. It looked like light made liquid – or like wind made solid – Harry couldn’t make up his mind.

And again we visit Dumbledore's Office in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, after Nagini attacks Arthur Weasley .

7676576956_b3c27975b9.jpg

The instrument tinkled into life at once with rhythmic clanking noises. Tiny puffs of pale green smoke issued from the minuscule silver tube at the top. Dumbledore watched the smoke closely, his brow furrowed, and after a few seconds, the tiny puffs became a steady stream of smoke that thickened and coiled in the air.... A serpent's head grew out of the end of it, opening its mouth wide. Harry wondered whether the instrument was confirming his theory: He looked eagerly at Dumbledore for a sign that he was right, but Dumbledore did not look up.

'Naturally, naturally,' murmured Dumbledore apparently to himself, still observing the stream of smoke without the slightest sign of surprise. 'But in essence divided?'

Harry could make neither head nor tail of this question. The smoke serpent, however, split itself instantly into two snakes, both coiling and undulating in the dark air. With a look of grim satisfaction Dumbledore gave the instrument another gentle tap with his wand: the clinking noise slowed and died, and the smoke serpents grew faint, became a formless haze, and vanished.

And once more before Dumbledore's great escape, after Umbridge and her crew break into the DA meeting.

7676578836_bab0d339c6_c.jpg

"So, it's news to you, is it," said Fudge, his voice now thick with anger, "that an illegal student organization has been discovered within this school?"

"Yes it is"

Here is a view of the office from above

7676576640_eca67c8d18.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoyed it. C&C always welcome.

:classic:

:oh: Woah! Great-looking MOC. The rounded floor and wall are done really well, and all of the little details are spot-on. :thumbup: The only thing I don't like is the switching between flesh and yellow figs. But that's probably just because I prefer flesh. :shrug_oh_well:

This is so lovely! Your circular presentation is an excellent choice for Dumbledore's office, which is rounded by design. You've packed in so many details as well, though it doesn't look cluttered. I particularly like your use of rowboats for book shelves.

Excellent job!

Wow, from the round shape to all of the details, I can't find anything you need to improve on! Excellent work. :thumbup:

That's some mighty fine details you've got going on there. The Headmaster even has a Chocolate Frog on his desk, how droll! Fabulous office. Consider my gob well and truly smacked.

Wow, this is truly amazing! There's so much NPU here, I don't even know where to begin, although I must agree with Cloney that the use of rowboats for bookshelves is particularly brilliant. It just works so well! The tread-base, the pattern on the floor, all the gizmos in the office, they all look great.

If this was a contest rather than a community build, you'd win for sure. :thumbup:

AWESOME creation 'robuko', great detailing....you have packed everything in there too ! :grin:

I like the row boats being used as bookcases. :wink:

Brick On 'robuko' while casting spells ! :grin:

i love it! :classic: it was brilliant of you to use boats for bookcases! :)!. the pensive cabinet was outstanding, as well as, everything! you did an outstanding job on the office and i liked how you included scenes from the books and movies, and included quotes from the books!:) that base looks like it took a long time to build though! :classic: Outstanding job! :)

:wub: Wow. So much to love about this.

There's all the little details of the furnishings. The bookshelves are unique and I love the little rug in front of the desk.

The overall shaping is superb. When you had asked about making the room circular, I wasn't sure how you'd pull it off but you really did. It gives the room a lot of character.

Then you also took the time to show the room within different parts of the books/movies. Excellently done.

Thankyou all for stopping by, and for your kind comments. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, so I really wanted to do justice to the job, especially as I lifted this room from the mighty Matn. The only thing I wish I could have done differently is to get the portraits of previous headteachers on the walls, but I couldn't come up with appropriate decals. I was lucky enough to visit the Hogwarts in Florida last year, which was inspirational, and for my model I also used the new Warners Studio Tour version.

The only thing I don't like is the switching between flesh and yellow figs. But that's probably just because I prefer flesh. :shrug_oh_well:

You got me. I was trying to stay true to the Lego use eg yellow for the first 2 films and then fleshies, but I made a total cock-up with the pensieve shot.

that base looks like it took a long time to build though!

It really did :laugh: :laugh: The hardest bit was the walls though, trying to get the liftarms aligned with studs top and bottom with a limited selection of pieces was very tough!

Thankyou all for the comments, and many thanks for the Gryffindor badge, I shall wear it with pride!

:classic:

Edited by robuko

That's... beautiful! Great work1 I especially like how you built the curved walls, and using the rowboats as bookshelves is sheer brilliance! :thumbup: