Rufus

2012 LEGO Architecture News & Discussion

I'm not really into the Architecture series, but this latest one....I :wub: it ! :grin:

The lines are using standard and possibly SNOT connections to achieve this creation.....thanks again to you GRogall for the box art. (Now how about that winter village cottage eh ? :laugh: )

I'm not really into the Architecture series, but this latest one....I :wub: it ! :grin:

The lines are using standard and possibly SNOT connections to achieve this creation.....thanks again to you GRogall for the box art. (Now how about that winter village cottage eh ? :laugh: )

I have my Studnet worm going through TLG database right now! :tongue:

This is definitely the best of the Architecture series by far. I really want a high-res shot of the back of the box to see what's that stuff on the roof.

This is definitely the best of the Architecture series by far. I really want a high-res shot of the back of the box to see what's that stuff on the roof.

Try this!

Is there any info on the price and the release date for the Villa Savoye in the U.S.? It looks amazing. :cry_happy:

Really nice looking set, I'll probably pick this one up. Also - not done by the same designer as Big Ben.

Is there any info on the price and the release date for the Villa Savoye in the U.S.? It looks amazing. :cry_happy:

It will be released in September (presumably the 1st) for $69.99.

Yes, the roof looks very interesting. Maybe stairs going down into the building?

Latest set looks nice, but I'd like to know how legondecides on scales. Some of these modernist places get relatively high piece counts and prices, yet are fairly niche, yet iconic buildings like big ben get odd little models and not even a decent clock face

Latest set looks nice, but I'd like to know how legondecides on scales. Some of these modernist places get relatively high piece counts and prices, yet are fairly niche, yet iconic buildings like big ben get odd little models and not even a decent clock face

Well, modern architecture aficionados are willing to pay quite a bit for a well-done, detailed model of an iconic building like the Villa Savoye or Robie House, but the more broadly famous buildings like Big Ben or the Empire State Building are targeted more at a tourist crowd. They need to be small and relatively cheap so that they can sell well as souvenirs.

Villa Savoye looks like an absolute must-buy. It seems like Lego is setting the foundations of a (sort of) "modern Villa" sub-theme, after having released Falling Water, the Farnsworth House set and with this last forthcoming model. I'd like to see this line going on with Alvar Aalto's Villa Mairea...It would be nice, wouldn't it? I also wonder why they don't release any set inspired by the works of living architects: legal rights issues, maybe?

I also wonder why they don't release any set inspired by the works of living architects: legal rights issues, maybe?

Well actually there are some sets inspired by work of living architects... But today the situation is not the same as it was in the 20th century, I mean at this time we wore most talking about an architect and today we are talking about a firm.

To resume there is sets from living architects but these one are working in a firm. I would be very please if TLG plan after the voting period to make (finally)Moshe Safdie projects: Habitat 67 and / or Marina Bay sands. And yes he's still alive!

Harton