ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Just out of curiosity, for those finding 6x16 plates on the wall, how many fit in a large cup? I'd test myself, but I don't think I own enough 6x16 plates to fill a cup.

About week and a half ago I got my first PAB cups, my siblings helped me pack them, these are from the Victor store:

In total we got:

207 red 2x2 tiles

132 trans red 1x1 plate rounds

1367 trans white 1x1 plate rounds

382 trans white 1x2 plates

270 trans white 1x2 bricks

131 yellow 2x2 tiles

781 reddish brown 1x4 tiles

254 bley 1x4 bricks

169 bley 1x3 bricks

130 dark bley 1x1 bricks

22 dark bley 2x2 bricks

428 tan 1x2 log bricks

153 reddish brown 1x4 bricks

95 tan 1x3 bricks

10 tan 2x4 bricks

4 dark bley 2x4 bricks

Plus tons of trans clear red/green 1x1 tiles, didn't want to count those :laugh:

Total (not counting the trans clear 1x1 tiles): 4535 pieces :thumbup:

Our basic strategy was to build the core of bricks then put tiles and small plates around the edges, I was quite happy with what we got :classic:

nice haul! Looks like some nice GoH MOC are coming up! I live about 3 1/2 hours from my nearest PaB wall (Charlotte) but am going to florida and Legoland the end of July so wil check out the buy by pound deal at legoland hope they have some good stuff. will probably hit the Lego store in Downtown Disney as well!

The orlando store doesnt have those bricks that your talking about. It does have the Brown and tan and DK grey palisades

Dropped by late last night (July 6) and found what I wanted and then some.

Bricks I bought:

1x2 clear plate - replenishment

1x2 dark red brick (about 1 whole cup +)

1x2 clear brick (more than 1 whole cup full)

Edit: forgot 1x2 clear panel (1 cup full, also remark: new mold)

4x4 bley plate (about 6)

2x4 bley brick (8)

1x2 white panel

Other goodies included more tan and bleys, and yes, dark bley palisades. No pinks or purples.

Edited by brickbuilder711

Just out of curiosity, for those finding 6x16 plates on the wall, how many fit in a large cup? I'd test myself, but I don't think I own enough 6x16 plates to fill a cup.

I managed to get 16 of them in a large cup, all squeezed together.

does the PaB wall in Legoland FL work like a normal store or do they charge by weight? I seem to remember reading somewhere it was weight.

If it is by weight, does anyone know what the cost is? I will be there in a couple weeks and I want to get some larger basic bricks and was thinking it might be cheaper to buy them by weight than what I would could get in a large cup in the Downtown disney store.

Thanks in advance

does the PaB wall in Legoland FL work like a normal store or do they charge by weight? I seem to remember reading somewhere it was weight.

If it is by weight, does anyone know what the cost is? I will be there in a couple weeks and I want to get some larger basic bricks and was thinking it might be cheaper to buy them by weight than what I would could get in a large cup in the Downtown disney store.

Thanks in advance

It is by weight and I read somewhere it's 8.99 USD per 1/4 pound. That makes about 35.96/lb. Pretty expensive but worth it for the good selection that I have heard about.

Edited by brickbuilder711

It is by weight and I read somewhere it's 8.99 USD per 1/4 pound. That makes about 35.96/lb. Pretty expensive but worth it for the good selection that I have heard about.

That is the same as Legoland California. I was shocked when I picked out an amount of small pieces (mostly 1x1 plates/tiles + some bricks), with a volume less than a small pick a brick cup and it cost me $27. I almost had a heart attack.

thanks for the info!

I knew it wasn't really a good deal with smaller pieces but was hoping i could pick up some 2x4 and 2x6 and i might work out about the same as PaB cup. guess Ill break out the scales today to see what I can figure it out

thanks again.

Was able to get a small cup's worth of pieces on my last visit to a Lego Store. Nothing too out of the ordinary, but all of them are very useful to future projects of mine, especially those flower pieces there- can't have a city without a little vegetation, eh? :classic:

A list of elements in the cup would look something like this:

• 2 X Brick 2x4 in Reddish Brown
  • 4 X Brick 2x4 in Medium Blue
  • 4 X Brick 2x2 in Medium Blue
  • 7 X Brick 1x2 in Medium Blue
  • 8 X Brick 1X2 in Trans-Brown
  • 2 X Slope 45 2x2 Transparent
  • 60 X Plate 1x1 in Trans-Yellow
  • 2 X 2x2x2 Container with Front Opening in Medium Stone (Light Bluish) Grey
  • 5 X 2x2x2 Container with Open Top in Dark Store (Dark Bluish) Grey
  • 12 X 1x2x3 Window Frame with Curved Top in Reddish Brown
  • 86 X Plant Stem in Dark Green
  • 46&1/4 X Set of 4 Flowers in Red

I don't suppose anyone would know if there are any major changes to the PAB list of parts available to LEGO stores? I'm wondering if there are any newly available parts making their way to walls any time soon.

Here's my haul from the new Manchester Arndale store on their opening day. A careful cup build yielded a total of 791 pieces - 0.014p per piece

36 Black Slope, 33 3 x 1

9 Light Bluish Grey Bar 7 x 3 (ladder)

2 Trans Black Windscreen, 6 x 2

22 Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End

21 Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End

24 Reddish Brown Minifig, Utensil Seat 2 x 2 with Center Sprue Mark

27 Reddish Brown Brick, 1 x 4

72 Dark Red Brick, 1 x 2

59 Medium Blue Brick, 1 x 2

28 Lime Brick, 1 x 2

47 Lime Brick, 1 x 1

12 Tan Plate, 2 x 6

12 Green Brick, 1 x 3

8 Tan Plate, 2 x 8

49 Lime Plate 1 x 4

113 Black Plate, 1 x 2

150 Lime Tile, 1 x 2 with groove

25 Trans Orange Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3

29 Trans Red Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

46 Trans Clear Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

Here's my haul from the new Manchester Arndale store on their opening day. A careful cup build yielded a total of 791 pieces - 0.014p per piece

36 Black Slope, 33 3 x 1

9 Light Bluish Grey Bar 7 x 3 (ladder)

2 Trans Black Windscreen, 6 x 2

22 Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 2 Fingers On End

21 Light Bluish Grey Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End

24 Reddish Brown Minifig, Utensil Seat 2 x 2 with Center Sprue Mark

27 Reddish Brown Brick, 1 x 4

72 Dark Red Brick, 1 x 2

59 Medium Blue Brick, 1 x 2

28 Lime Brick, 1 x 2

47 Lime Brick, 1 x 1

12 Tan Plate, 2 x 6

12 Green Brick, 1 x 3

8 Tan Plate, 2 x 8

49 Lime Plate 1 x 4

113 Black Plate, 1 x 2

150 Lime Tile, 1 x 2 with groove

25 Trans Orange Slope 30 1 x 1 x 2/3

29 Trans Red Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

46 Trans Clear Plate, Round 1 x 1 Straight Side

I would love to get ahold of some of those Dk Red 1x2s heading to florida next week so fingers crossed!

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the sprue for packing? Would that be considered wrong even if you put the center part in the cup too?

Has anyone tried taking the flowers off the sprue for packing? Would that be considered wrong even if you put the center part in the cup too?

I haven't tried that but it sounds like a great idea. You would definitely be able to get more because them being held together really does take up some space. I also don't think it would be considered wrong just as long you put the center piece in the cup too.

I don't suppose anyone would know if there are any major changes to the PAB list of parts available to LEGO stores? I'm wondering if there are any newly available parts making their way to walls any time soon.

List was updated in April-May of this year. Unfortunately, stock has been low on many of the new items all over.

List was updated in April-May of this year. Unfortunately, stock has been low on many of the new items all over.

Has anyone seen any of the new wheelbarrows with the corresponding wheels at any PAB wall?

Edit: I just got back from the PAB wall at the Natick store. I got one cupful of dark red 1x2s and one cupful of dark grey palisades.

Edited by The Blue Brick

I feel I am stealing lego with this cup.

LEGO stores are awesome! What did you guys bought recently?

I feel I am stealing lego with this cup.

LEGO stores are awesome! What did you guys bought recently?

A steal? You're getting ripped off! In USA that little cup is only $7.99. A little bit more than a $5, 50 piece polybag.

I've posted my detailed list a few times in this thread if you wanted to see what I got, how much it would have been if I bought it from online sources, and occasionally to brag about special piece like trans-clear 2x2 slope or a big load of green 1x1 bamboo bricks.

A steal? You're getting ripped off! In USA that little cup is only $7.99. A little bit more than a $5, 50 piece polybag.

I've posted my detailed list a few times in this thread if you wanted to see what I got, how much it would have been if I bought it from online sources, and occasionally to brag about special piece like trans-clear 2x2 slope or a big load of green 1x1 bamboo bricks.

Holy crap, it's so cheap in the US. Unfortunately I live in Canada and it's the first time I see an offer like that.

Best I've managed so far is 29 but, in all honesty, that wasn't trying all that hard, either.

Best I've managed so far is 29 but, in all honesty, that wasn't trying all that hard, either.

I was wondering this too as my store had around 7 left, but didn't get them as they would take too much room in my opinion. But 29, is that with a normal cup, or one that you have been using for a while and have stretched out some. *huh*

Yes! And (after asking) I have handed over the centers to the employees as trash.

I've gotten some really nice bricks from my local Lego store. The store just opened this summer in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and so on opening day--in addition to getting a cool mini-model of the store--I got a PAB cup which contained around 70ish 1x2 bricks in trans-clear (Oh Yeah!), a couple hundred 1x1 trans blue studs, for water of course, a couple brown barrel pieces, some plants, and then some other bricks. I've been back there a couple times, and have found great rare pieces. I've gotten 70+ 2x2 tiles in dark tan (Which by the way I think is my favorite piece now!), and more 1x2 trans bricks, but this time in dark brown trans! So yes, I love PAB cups--I'll have to go back for more soon!

Woah, that's impressive. I think I managed 22, and that was trying very, very hard.

Then again, my local Lego shop won't let customers stack. It has to be loose.