Legorski

A Mobile Version of the Site

A mobile version of the site definitely makes sense from a user standpoint. Gives us the option of being able to view the site when out and about or if we do not have web access at home. And a lot of sites that do have the mobile version just have a small button on the bottom to switch between mobile/desktop versions.

I'm assuming the software that this board uses has a mobile version, is it as simple as just enabling it? Could it just be a beta style test run to see how it's received? Not a requirement for anyone viewing it on a device just a user selected preference.

I'm interested to know what the "damage" would be especially if you warn users that this is a test of the mobile site. Nothing beats proper user testing :)

The short answer is; probably not. Why? Well EB (like all Invision boards) does have a mobile version), but it's disabled. Why? Because people complained about it! :laugh: The mobile version is obviously limited, and I find it annoying myself. In the times I visit EB on my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) I want all the images and the mobile version is forced on all based on browser. Thus all Androids and iOS devices, regardless of screen, gets it. This is why it's off.

I'm assuming the software that this board uses has a mobile version, is it as simple as just enabling it? Could it just be a beta style test run to see how it's received? Not a requirement for anyone viewing it on a device just a user selected preference.

I'm interested to know what the "damage" would be especially if you warn users that this is a test of the mobile site. Nothing beats proper user testing :)

This was addressed earlier.